(20) 4th Day

It takes TWO TO TANGO
 
 
Tap. Tap. Tap.
 
Haeri was tapping her finger over the cashier counter absentmindedly.
 
Tap. Tap. Tap.
 
Her eyes were directed to pointless things. Her stare was empty. Everyone noticed that she was lost in her mind.
 
Tap. Tap. Tap.
 
She had been doing that for almost fifteen minutes now. And, it was obvious that she was still far from reaching the end. It seemed that she was able to stay at the same position for another fifteen minutes.
 
Tap. Tap. Tap.
 
Her mind was ruined. Even her heart was also troubled. That awful sight. That last night scene. Haeri sighed heavily. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't ignore that last night scene of him with the woman. At the moment, she admitted that it squeezed her heart quite painfully.
 
Jaejoong had been watching her for a while now. His cheery boss was gone. To be exact, his fun boss changed to this boring one, and he wouldn't let it happened. Jung Haeri should stay cool. Carefully, he stood next to her and watched her closely. "Boss?"
 
"Hm?" Haeri replied without giving him full attention.
 
"Something happened. And, it was bad."
 
"Happened? Bad?" Haeri finally turned her face. "What was wrong? Our stock? Our banner? Where is Shinhye?" She was looking around.
 
Jaejoong grabbed her shoulder and made her facing him. "Not the boutique."
 
"Then?"
 
"You."
 
"Me?" She asked back in surprise.
 
"You were acting like mannequin just now. Care to share?"
 
"Oh." Haeri stood to her full height and walked away from the counter. She looked around as if she was supervising everything. But again, who was she trying to fool. It was crystal clear that she was looked blank and unfocused. "Nothing. I was just.. thinking about.. Hm.. Our next theme."
 
"Oh.. I see." Jaejoong replied but still had the doubt.
 
"You better check up our male stockroom. Check the articles, I want no mistake."
 
Jaejoong squinted his eyes. Was she trying to push him away? "Ok, Boss." She didn't want to be disturbed. He got the message clearly. The thing that bothered her quite serious, he could sense it. He had to discuss it with Shinhye and Jiyong.
 
Jaejoong kept on glimpsing to lost Haeri as he walked toward the stockroom. Ah, it was related to that man? Was he hurt her? He just knew it.. All the goods were too good to be true. Something was not right.
 
Jaejoong turned his way, looking for Shinhye and Jiyong at woman stockroom.
 
Haeri caught that Jaejoong stepped into woman stockroom instead of male stockroom. In snap she knew that he was looking for the others, Shinhye and Jiyong. Was she that obvious? Jaejoong noticed that she was disturbed?
 
Buzz!
 
Hyunjoong: For tonight gala, the theme is a touch of gold. Do you have dress with golden colour?
 
Golden dress? Hmm.. No.. But.. Black dress with golden touch would do, right? She was thinking of a dress inside her closet. Or... Haeri looked around and scanned the floor. Not finding what she seek, Haeri hurriedly headed to the stockroom.
 
Once she was inside, Haeri spotted the three musketeers talking at the corner. They were talking about her for sure.  But, she was in the middle of something, so she didn't bother it.
 
Haeri headed to dress section. Smile sprang on her face once she found what she was looking for, an elegance golden dress with white touches. This one. This would be perfect.
 
"Haeri?"
 
Haeri turned her face and saw Shinhye. "I am going to buy this one." She took out the dress with her size from its place.
 
"Mwo?"
 
Haeri walked toward the corner office and took out the dress from its cover. "But.. I am going to add some details."
 
"You are going to attend a party?"
 
Haeri nodded. "This annual gala. Did Kim Tan ask you to accompany him?"
 
Shinhye shook her head. "No."
 
"I see." Then, Haeri focused herself to the sewing machine and dress.
 
Shinhye got the cue. Whenever Haeri touched the sewing machine, she wanted peace and no distraction.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Hyunjoong stared at his phone in silence. He was waiting for Haeri's reply but came out to none. He got none. And, he became curious. What the hell was wrong that his cutie wife? She was never this ignorant. And.. she said something about being good employee? What the heck?
 
"Mr Kim?" Bona touched his hand carefully after got no response from him. She had been trying to get his attention since they started to talk about the new plan. But her boss engaged himself too much to his phone.
 
"Hm?" Hyunjoong finally took his sight from his phone and scanned the whole room.  They were looking at him in confusion. Kim Hyunjoong was never as in NEVER lost himself. Especially in business meeting. He looked back at Bona, expecting an explanation.
 
"They are going to clarify the blueprint and handing it back to us in a week." Bona explained.
 
"Too long." Hyunjoong snapped. His eyes found Minhyuk's curious stare. Yes. As usual, Minhyuk was here as his company's representative. "I need it in two days."
 
"But, Sir-" Minhyuk stopped his word when he witnessed Hyunjoong raised his left hand.
 
"Jose and Bona will help you out. I cannot delay any longer. As the matter of fact. Two days.. Perfect timing. I want the blueprint as my wedding present." Then he smirked meaningfully.
 
Minhyuk gritted his teeth in annoyance. He hated the fact that his best friend married to this arrogant man. And, they are going to remarry in three days. In addition, seeing Haeri this morning. Something was wrong.
 
Hyunjoong stood up. "Jose, Bona.. Please help Mr Kang." He gazed down at Bona, sending silent message through his stare.
 
Bona got the message.
 
"Excuse me, Hyunjoong. I have to attend meeting with GForce ladies in an hour at their place."
 
"Hm.." Hyunjoong looked at Minhyuk. "You better start with Bona. Start today. Start after this.  I am expecting good progress before I am heading home this afternoon." Just with that, he headed to the exit door, giving a sign that the meeting was over and the decision was taken.
 
"Well.. I am leaving now. I'll be back in three hours." Jose took his IPad and also walked out from the meeting room.
 
Heejoo could not believe her hearings. Her? Mr Kim assigned Bona to do the task? She understood nothing. Nothing! She was just a personal assistant not a marketing specialist like her! The decision was absurd!
 
“Hee? You are staying?” Bona’s word brought Heejoo from her surprised stage. “We’ll need lots of help anyway.”
 
Heejoo moved her sight to Minhyuk who gave her no attention then stood up. Without words, Heejoo leaved the room.
 
Bona smirked in victory. “So..” She cleared . “How should we start?”
 
Minhyuk looked up, snorted and shook his head. “You are unbelievable.”
 
Bona wiped up her smile. “Me? Unbelievable?”
 
“Why me? Why should you after me?”
 
“Mwo?”
 
“You-“ Again, Minhyuk chuckled in disbelief. “You even managed to make your boss assigned you to handle this with me. What an ultimate power that you have!”
 
WHAT THE- Bona gazed at him without saying anything. But his words.. It shot daggers into her heart.
 
And, Minhyuk resumed, “Woman like you. I am sure you have thousand confidences to make men go down to their knees. Don’t bother to mind me. Please.. And, don’t-“
 
“Don’t boost your own ego!” Bona cut his statement. “I am not after you.”
 
Minhyuk laughed sarcastically and threw his back to the seat. “Yeah.. right..”
 
Bona narrowed her eyes. This was being too much. She felt insulted. His words.. The way he said it..
 
“If I am not wrong.. You are Mr Kim’s personal assistant, right? You are not at Marketing Department. Marketing Blueprint is not some kind of joke. If you still have heart.. Leave every things relate to work. I need this. I have to-“
 
“I listened enough!” Bona stood up. “I do everything necessary. I am here because I just want to secure my Boss’ position. And for your information.. I set my eyes on you because I have to. Not because I want to.”
 
“What is that suppose to mean?”
 
“Too difficult to understand, huh? You are not that clever after all.” Bona took her laptop and collected her things. “I assume you are able to handle everything without my help. Besides, I am just the assistant; I may know nothing about marketing.” She said it painfully. “Good luck.” And, off she leaved.
 
Minhyuk let the silence enveloped him slowly. His eyes were lock to the spot Bona vanished. God, what did he do? What did he say? She was hurt, because of him and his filthy mouth. He shouldn’t. !
 
 
 

 
 
“BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”
 
“Stop the laughing, Tan.”
 
“I am sorry. I just- BWAHAHAHAHA!!!”
 
“You are so annoying!”
 
“Sorry. Sor- huff- Sorry.”
 
“Are you done yet?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“So?”
 
“Let me conclude. You are out of your mind because your cutie wife ignores you?”
 
As much as Hyunjoong hated the fact but, “Yes. What the hell is wrong with her? She used to fight me back. She is so much fun. But now.. She is cold.” And, she mentioned about being good employee. Hyunjoong stated in his mind. “I could handle hotness but not coldness.” His mind wandered to the hotness he experienced with his previous girlfriends.  
 
“She is something new, huh?”
 
“A brand new kind of woman I ever handle. Who could give me headache but also warm my heart.”
 
“Hey.. Hyunjoong.. Don’t tell me.”
 
“What?”
 
“That she succeeded in sneaking into your stone heart.”
 
Hyunjoong laughed. “What were you saying?!” That couldn’t be right, right? He rubbed his forehead to lessen the sudden dizziness.
 
“Well.. First of all, you are bothered with her weird actions while you were ignorance to your previous ones. Secondly, you admitted that she brought you headache and warmth.”
 
“Speaking of my previous ones.” Hyunjoong cut his best friend words. “I met Heyi last night.”
 
“Yoo Heyi?”
 
“Yes. And, I spent the night at her apartment.”
 
“The one at the same building as yours?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Did you sleep with her?”
 
“I don’t know. I don’t think so. I am not sure.”
 
“I don’t get it.”
 
“I consumed lots of alcohol. I remembered that I devoured her top but then everything turned black.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“I woke up at her bed but with complete outfits. She looked pissed off but said nothing. In addition, my brother was not limp. So.. I don’t think I ed her last night.”
 
“And?”
 
“Maybe I got unconscious.”
 
“Why?”
 
“I don’t know. Wait-“
 
“What?”
 
Hyunjoong chuckled slightly. “Stupid.”
 
“What?”
 
“I remember that I hit the headboard with my head. Then, everything turned black. Ow.. That explains this wound I had at the top of my head.”
 
“Hmm.. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”
 
 
 

 
 
TEASER
 
“Oppa~”
 
“Haeri, how are you?”