(15) 3rd Day

It takes TWO TO TANGO
 
 
"I am not in the mood of making anything. Just this. Enjoy." Kang Eomma took her spoon and started to eat without even bother to meet her gaze to Haeri or Hyunjoong. She truly felt disappointed. She loved Haeri and assumed her as her own daughter. She knew that Haeri was deeply in love with her first Son, Jihwan. She couldn't live without him. He was her everything. Her first love, her first hug, her first kiss? Hmm.. She wasn't sure about that. But, Jung Haeri loved him. And, she seriously expected them would end up in marriage. Then.. Why in sudden she married this man? Why? Unless.. She snapped her head up. "Are you pregnant?"
 
"Mwo?" Haeri asked back with full mouthed Kimchi fried rice. She earned no response from Kang Eomma, then she realized that she heard it right. Haeri tried to swallow the rice with such effort before she replied, "No, Eomma. I am not."
 
Hyunjoong chuckled. How could she be pregnant? She is even a !
 
Haeri glared to Hyunjoong and made him stopped the chuckling. Not feeling satisfied with just glaring, Haeri pinched Hyunjoong's waist shortly. However, the pinched made him grinned wider.
 
"Then? Seriously, I still don't get it. Why him? Why not Jihwan? You were in love with Jihwan for eternity! I knew it for sure that he was the only one inside your heart. Why not him?" Kang Eomma couldn't stop herself.
 
"Darling.." Kang Appa took her hand, trying to ease her down.
 
Kang Eomma stared into Haeri's eyes and tried to locate something that was not right. She tried to deny that they seemed ok. Haeri and her husband looked happy. They weren't deeply in love. But, they were fine. Again, something flooded into her mind. She turned her face to Hyunjoong. "You are THE Kim Hyunjoong, right? The heir of-"
 
"Yes." Hyunjoong answered directly.
 
Kang Eomma looked at Haeri again. "You are after his money. You told me that you were broke. And this marriage-"
 
Haeri let out fake giggles. SHOOT! Was she that obvious? Darn! "Eomma-"
 
"If this is all about the money, promise me that you'll divorce him later on and marry my Jihwan."
 
"That is enough." Kang Appa dropped his spoon harshly over the table, making the silence took place for quite sometimes in the entire dining room. "You are being too much, darling."
 
Kang Eomma wiped up her tears that unconsciously fell over her cheeks. She knew that she was being too much. She realized that she might hurt Haeri's and her husband feeling. But, she couldn't help it. She seriously couldn't help it. She just let her pain overpowered her sanity. She had this feeling that with Haeri married another; she would also lose her as daughter.
 
Haeri sensed that tears also began to wet her cheeks. She let it fell down without any efforts of drying it. God! She never realized that she would hurt the woman that she loved, cared and adored this deep. She never wanted.. She never wished.. But, she just did it.
 
Hyunjoong felt the tension grew bigger. Guilt filled his heart in snap. Seeing Kang Eomma cried loudly, witnessing Haeri cried silently, watching Kang Appa tried to console his wife.. What should he do? What?
 
 
"Hyunjoong, you should bring Haeri home." Kang Appa finally said. "Give your Eomma some spaces and times."
 
 
Absentmindedly, Hyunjoong nodded and grabbed Haeri's hand then he stood up, bringing Haeri with him. Just before he turned his body, since they stepped their feet into this house, it was Haeri who did the talking, giving explanation, providing excuses, now it was his time.
 
Hyunjoong bowed deeply. "Forgive me." He stated wholeheartedly. It was like he really meant it. "Please forgive me for claiming Haeri this way. We are here for your blessings. We are married legally. But, the real ceremony will be held this weekend." Hyunjoong came to his full height. He locked his eyes to Kang Appa. "I believe Haeri wants you to walk her down the aisle, Appa. However, you are the only Appa that she has now."
 
 
Haeri was paralyzed at her very spot. Her cries ended. Her whole body stoned. Kim Hyunjoong.. How did he know? How did he know the promise that she made with Kang Appa years ago?
 
 
"We are leaving now. So sorry for the chaos. So sorry for letting you down Eomma. Please.. Just please.. For Haeri's ultimate happiness, please come to our wedding." He looked at Kang Appa. "Please hand her to me." Again, he gazed to Kang Eomma. "Please accept me." He gave his last bow before he turned and walked away with Haeri.
 
 
Kang Appa and Kang Eomma watched them vanished before hugging each others.
 
"I don't want her to go." Kang Eomma mumbled.
 
"She is not going anywhere."
 
"With marrying him, she'll go. She has to marry Jihwan or Minhyuk so she'll forever be my daughter."
 
Kang Appa chuckled and pulled away. "She is your daughter. How could you doubt that? What's the point of them flying from Seoul to Busan for our blessings? Because she assumes us as her parents. You heard him. She wants me to walk her along the aisle." He stated with proud.
 
"But-"
 
"And, she definitely wants you to dress her up." He smiled softly.
 
"But-"
 
"No but, Yeobo." Kang Appa cut her. "We'll be happy for her, ok?"
 
 
It took her quite some times for finally nodding her head, "Ok."
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Miss, do you need anything."
 
"No, thanks Jihyun." Haeri smiled weakly before she propped herself on the seat near the window and put her seat belt on. She threw her sight to the outside view and literally gave her back to Hyunjoong who sat next to her.
 
Jihyun stared at her in confusion and worry then looked at Hyunjoong. "Can I get you something, Sir?"
 
"No." Hyunjoong locked his eyes to Haeri's figure. She said nothing to him since they leaved the house of Kang. He also made no effort to break the ice. He also felt confused. He seriously had no idea what to say. He was never been in the position. Besides, why should Kang Eomma influence her that much? She was not even her real mother. Hyunjoong shook his head, he never let his mother influenced him that deep. No. Not a chance.
 
Jihyun left Hyunjoong and Haeri with a false conclusion. That Mr Kim broke her heart! He wasn't changing! How could he hurt such nice lady like Miss Haeri? He was so stupid! Stupid! Jihyun realized that Haeri was different from his other ladies. She was different. A better different. The best different.
 
The plane started to depart. Haeri held the seat tightly and closed her eyes. She chanted prayers. The processes of the plane leaving and touching the land were never her favorites. Hyunjoong who kept his eyes over Haeri noticed it. He took one of Haeri's hands and held it tight, trying to give her comfort.
 
Haeri opened her eyes slowly after she sensed it was over. The sight of Kang Eomma crying instantly flooded her mind. "She was the only mother that I knew when I grew up. Hurting her was never in my list, not even the last." Again, she sobbed. "Me being selfish hurt her." Then, she snapped her head up, gazing at Hyunjoong. "I think we should stop this."
 
"Mwo?"
 
Haeri released her hand from Hyunjoong. "I am sorry. I can't marry you."
 
Hyunjoong snorted. "You are already my wife." Well, she made him, her husband.
 
"We'll divorce."
 
"But-"
 
"I'll hand Sparks to you. It is all yours. I would assume that I sold it to you. How about that?"
 
"No."
 
"In addition, I'll work for you without payment. For eternity if I have to."
 
 
"Haeri listen-"
 
"Hyunjoong.. I cannot hurt her." Haeri cried harder, making Hyunjoong speechless.
 
 
What now? Hyunjoong dropped his body over the seat and rubbed the bridge of his nose. ! In sudden, he experienced the worst headache ever! He needed her to stay intact with his position. But, he knew he also had no heart in forcing her. No.
 
 
 

 
 
 
"Mr Kim, Grand Master Kim is waiting at the lounge."
 
Hyunjoong turned his face fast. "What were you saying?"
 
"Grand Master Kim is expecting to see you and your wife at the usual lounge."
 
!
 
"Grand Master Kim? Your Harabeoji?" Haeri asked troubled Hyunjoong.
 
Hyunjoong gritted his teeth. "Yes."
 
Haeri walked away from the plane. Both of them just stepped out from it to be exact. And, the shocking news greeted them directly.
 
Hyunjoong walked fast with Haeri tailing him. This wouldn't be easy. His eagle eyes could tell. Damn it! Through the transparent glasses, he was able to see that Harabeoji smiled widely toward him. But, his eyes narrowed and his smiles vanished when he caught Haeri's shadow.
 
"Hyunjoong!!" Harabeoji opened his hands and Hyunjoong automatically embraced him tight. "How are you big guy?"
 
"I am ok, Harabeoji. How are you?"
 
"Me?" He pulled over and gazed at Hyunjoong sharply. “Perfectly not fine.”
 
Hyunjoong sighed deeply while Haeri held her breath. The man with white hairs looked scary. Like seriously.. He let out an intimidating aura. And, Haeri unconsciously took Hyunjoong’s jacket, holding it tight. Hyunjoong turned his face and saw nervous Haeri.
 
Harabeoji Kim followed Hyunjoong’s sight. “So, you are that girl?”
 
Haeri gulped hard. Slowly, she raised her face and hurriedly lowered it down again once she met Harabeoji’s eyes. “Hmm.. I am Jung Haeri.” She bowed groggily and bit her lower lips, chewing it, trying to ease herself.
 
Harabeoji snorted. “You were not as I expected.”
 
“Harabeoji?!”
 
“What?” Harabeoji walked back and carefully placed himself over the huge black couch. “I was saying the truth. She is physically ugly. She is short. Her nose is too big for her face. Her eyes-“ Harabeoji shook his head and smirked evilly. “Plus, she is not coming from our society.” He laughed in disbelief. “How could you choose her, Hyunjoong? Something is definitely wrong with your brain.”
 
Haeri released Hyunjoong’s jacket and formed her hands into fists. No one! No one had ever insulted her this way! NO ONE WAS ALLOWED TO INSULT HER IN ANY FORMS!
 
“Cut it off, Harabeoji.” Hyunjoong sounded displeased.
 
“Did she serve you better in bed?”
 
Haeri snapped her head up, staring in shock toward Harabeoji Kim. How could he ask that? In front of the bodyguards? HOW COULD HE?
 
Hyunjoong started to feel unease. He sensed Haeri’s anger. But, he also knew his harabeoji. Nothing could stop the old men. Nothing. “Harabeoji, please.. Pay some respects. Haeri is my wife.” Hyunjoong helplessly pleaded.
 
“Your wife?” Harabeoji snorted.
 
“Yes. We are already married. I am sure you are aware of that.” Hyunjoong stated firmly.
 
“A marriage without my blessing.”
 
“I don’t need your blessing for claiming the woman that I desire.” Shoot! He was a natural liar! He felt proud to himself.
 
Harabeoji narrowed his eyes and studied Hyunjoong and Haeri closely. “Well.. If this is your choice, I refuse to hand the company to your hands.”
 
“MWO?”
 
Harabeoji shrugged. “She is not your match. She’ll bring shame into our name. She is not allowed to carry Kim’s name.”
 
Haeri laughed out loud, sarcastically. ”That was funny. Seriously.”
 
Hyunjoong turned around, fast. “Haeri-“
 
Haeri stepped forward and lifted her chin. “I am ugly? I don’t think so. I am stunning and beautiful.” She ruffled her hairs. “I am short? So what? I am not a giraffe. I don’t have to be tall. My nose is too big for my face. This is my lucky nose, you see.” She tapped her nose with proud. “Big nose brings luck. Don’t tell me you haven’t heard about that.” She smirked bravely.
 
Hyunjoong dropped his jaw, literally.
 
“I am not from the same society?” Haeri snorted. “I can tell that I have funnier and happier and sincerer society than yours.” Haeri turned her face to Hyunjoong and walked closer. “Did I serve you better in bed? You tell him.” She smirked sensually and caressed her bare neck slowly, temptingly, earning a slight groan from Hyunjoong before he could take it back.
 
Damn it she was HOT! Embarrassing! You were embarrassing yourself, Kim Hyunjoong! How could you have a just like that?! What did you expect? He hadn’t had a release since days ago.
 
Haeri smirked triumphantly seeing Hyunjoong’s reaction. Then she turned her body, facing Harabeoji Kim. “I’ll bring shame into your name? WRONG!” She tilted her head a little. “I’ll bring extra fame to it!” She smiled with confident. “Just wait and see.”
 
Harabeoji leaned forward. “If you were that great, how could you marry this bastard? You knew his image.” He grinned knowingly. “Were you expecting his money?”
 
Haeri smiled wider. “Of course.”
 
“Haeri~” Hyunjoong warned her.
 
But, she decided to ignore. “For your information, I am one picky person, I chose him because he was rich. I was sure that you were aware that my boutique was inhaling its last breathes before he helped me.”
 
“HAH!” Harabeoji shouted.
 
“However,” She stated loudly, earning all attentions. ”Despite his silly attitude as womanizer; I know that your grandson is a great man.” She smiled warmly. “He was the one who made your company bigger. It enlarged three times bigger than before, when your son was in control, five times bigger than when you were in control.”
 
Huh? How could she notice that? Hyunjoong always thought that Haeri paid no attention to his business life.
 
“He had no bad intention toward anything and anyone. And, yes. I was the one who married him. Not him. He preferred to lose the position instead of forcing any woman to help him keeping it.” Haeri took Hyunjoong’s hand. “Your call. Bless us and come to the wedding. Or ignore us and go back to Canada.” She bowed deeply and turned her body, dragging Hyunjoong away from there.
 
 
OH ! OH !!
 
What did she do? Damn mouth! Damn it!
 
 
“Haeri, I thought-“
 
“Sshh!! Do you have rat poison in your apartment?”
 
“What for?”
 
“I am going to kill myself.”
 
Hyunjoong laughed wholeheartedly.
 
 
 

Don’t scream that it is too short. Please.. Please.. Hehehe
 
 
TEASER
 
“Stupid, Shinhye!”
 
“Don’t stupid me! You are worse. You married the bastard.”