(29) 6th Day (1/2)

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

 

Bona locked her eyes toward Minhyuk's and noticed how unease he was. He already finished the presentation a minute ago but Hyunjoong just stayed still and gave no response. "Mr Kim, Mr Kang is waiting for your feedback." She tried to help Minhyuk.

 

"Hm-" Hyunjoong rubbed his chin slowly.

 

"Something is wrong, Mr Kim?" Jose asked worriedly.

 

Hyunjoong turned his face to Bona. "You did a great job, Bona." He smiled then looked at the other two. "Of course along with Jose and Mr Kang."

 

Minhyuk stunned. He knew- Hyunjoong knew that Bona was the real mastermind behind, that she played the most important role over the blueprint.

 

"You were saying?" Jose asked carefully.

 

"The blueprint is perfect."

 

Mwo? Perfect? Minhyuk stared in disbelief toward Bona who smiled widely and showed her two thumbs. Then, he moved his sight to Hyunjoong and Jose.

 

"You heard me right." Hyunjoong said. "This is the blueprint that I ever want."

 

"With this, we are able to start next week?" Jose asked.

 

"Of course." Hyunjoong answered and smiled. "Bona, please help Mr Kang to arrange the schedule needed. This is priority. So.. tell everyone to keep some of their slots vacant. I want no delay."

 

"Yes, Sir." Bona nodded.

 

"Ok then. It is all set." It was a cue that the meeting was over. "Now please excuse me." Hyunjoong stood up. "My beautiful wife is waiting for me."

 

Minhyuk snapped his head up. "Haeri is here?" He asked without thinking.

 

"Yes. Care to join us?" Come and see how you sweet best friend had agreed to live this marriage life!

 

Minhyuk glimpsed toward Bona and saw her packing the laptop before he looked back at Hyunjoong. "I would like to see her. But," Again, he moved his sight toward Bona and found her staring back at him.

 

"Hm?" Bona tilted her head in confusion.

 

Jose laughed. "He wants to take you out for lunch, Bona. Right, Minhyuk?"

 

Minhyuk blushed in response. "If you don't mind.. I want to discuss about something."

 

"Oh, ok." Bona smiled sweetly. Gotcha!

 

Hyunjoong smirked. Oh, she won it. She won the game. He knew that smile of her.

 

"Both of them have this tension." Jose continued. "I felt it since yesterday."

 

Hyunjoong raised his brows to silent Minhyuk and Bona. "Really?"

 

Jose laughed and nodded.

 

"Because of this excellent blueprint, I give you two hours break, Bona. Be here at two."

 

"Yes, Mr Kim."

 

"Mr Kang, if you like to see Haeri, do come to my office."

 

"Yes."

 

 


 

 

"Yes, Shinhye. I have the same thought. We will be out of stock in the next three months if we keep the same production capacity. But again, I don't think that they are able to provide what is needed."

 

"So, you were saying that we should find another place to produce the collections?"

 

"Yes." Haeri pressed her back to the couch as her mind wondered around.

 

"Alright. I'll inform Jae and Ji. We will start looking today after shift."

 

"Thank you. I will try to find it too."

 

"Not until everything is over, I believe."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Haeri, tomorrow is your wedding day.  Don't you have to focus yourself on that?"

 

Haeri snorted. "Nah- I just had to try the dress and it was all set."

 

"Ohh.. cool! You are using WO?"

 

"Yes. Blue Wedding."

 

"Mwo?? That is awesome! You are aware that Blue Wedding is the best WO ever? They always tell story through the decoration and else."

 

Haeri said nothing. Yeah. She knew it. But, when it came to her.. She forgot it all. Wedding day.. So, it was coming true. It was no walking back. And, she had this new agreement with Hyunjoong.

 

"Eh wait, Jae is calling me."

 

"Ok. We'll talk again later."

 

"See you tomorrow at Church?"

 

"Yes." Haeri felt huge stone was stuck inside . Church. So, it was-

 

Click.

 

Haeri looked up and saw smiling Hyunjoong. "Sorry to keep you waiting."

 

Haeri shook her head. "That's ok."

 

"Someone is here to see you."

 

Haeri narrowed her eyes in confusion but widened it when she realized who walked behind Hyunjoong. "MINNIE!!!" She stood up and rushed toward Minhyuk.

 

Just before she threw her petite body to her very best friend, Hyunjoong caught her waist and stopped her. "Remember your promise, Wifey." Hyunjoong muttered to Haeri's ear.

 

Haeri pouted.

 

Minhyuk looked at the scene in surprise. What the hell was going on? Why he held her like that? Why she seemed ok with it? Jung Haeri what was wrong?

 

"Minnie, you are going with us?"

 

"I already asked him. But he preferred to grab his lunch with Bona."

 

"Bona?" Haeri looked up toward Hyunjoong. "Your assistant?"

 

"Yup."

 

"I have to discuss about the blueprint with her, Haeri." Minhyuk explained.

 

"Oh."

 

"Hm-" Minhyuk glimpsed toward Hyunjoong who smiled meaningfully to him. "Can I call you tonight?"

 

"Of-"

 

"Not too long, I hope. She needs her rest. Tomorrow is our wedding day."  Hyunjoong kissed Haeri's head.

 

"Tsk!" Finally she had enough. Haeri released herself from Hyunjoong and grabbed Minhyuk's hand, dragging him away.

 

"Yahhhhh!!" Hyunjoong shouted, protesting.

 

"A minute!" Haeri shouted back as they walked away in hurry. Just when it was far enough from Hyunjoong's office, "Say nothing. But, we agreed to give this marriage a chance."

 

"We? A chance?"

 

Haeri nodded. "Hyunjoong and I. We wanted to give it a try. A real one."

 

Minhyuk gasped.

 

Haeri recognized the stare, "I am still , thank you very much."

 

"Really?" He stated in awe.

 

"Hard to believe, huh?"

 

"Definitely."

 

"He agreed to patiently wait for me being ready."

 

"Oh. That is not something that I expect from someone with that kind of title." Minhyuk stated his mind.

 

"I know. But-" Haeri's face reddened. "When he said it, I could feel that he really meant it."

 

Minhyuk stared at her intently. Oh Jihwan Hyung lost her already. This soon? So, Minhyuk's suspicion was right after all. Jung Haeri was never in love with Kang Jihwan. She adored him. She assumed him as her protector, her Oppa. But-

 

"He is coming." Haeri hissed under her breath when she saw Hyunjoong walking toward them.

 

Minhyuk looked at Hyunjoong. "A possessive husband, I see."

 

Haeri nodded. "He made me promise for not touching you after he gave me his words for not sleeping with other women."

 

"Burago?"

 

"Silly, huh?" Haeri laughed when she remembered that night. Hyunjoong and his stupidity. "That was why he prevented me for hugging you before."

 

"I see." Minhyuk smiled playfully. That explained. Out of nowhere, he embraced Haeri tightly and planted a kiss on her cheek.

 

"YAHH!!! KANG MINHYUK, DON'T TOUCH HER!!!" Hyunjoong roared before he sprinted toward Minhyuk and pushed him hard until he released Haeri and moved a step behind. "DAMMIT!" He protectively shielded Haeri from Minhyuk.

 

"Hyunjoong-" Haeri touched Hyunjoong's left hand.

 

"This bastard-" Hyunjoong stated between his teeth as his eyes literally sent daggers toward Minhyuk. Then, he looked at Haeri. "Told you to stay away from him. He is far from wonderful guy. He is a ert!"

 

Haeri's eyes widened. "ert?"

 

"Yes." Hyunjoong snapped.

 

Haeri locked her eyes with Minhyuk's. She knew that Minhyuk was a nice guy. He was not a ert. He was as as she was. Slowly, her lips curled up. "Let's go." She grabbed Hyunjoong's hand.

 

"But-" Hyunjoong was confused with Haeri's response. Well, he was expecting she getting mad at him or else.

 

"Bye, Minnie. My husband is hungry that is why he is this furious."

 

"I am not hungry! But, I am furious because that bastard touched you!"

 

Haeri giggled as she dragged Hyunjoong away. "What do you want to eat?"

 

"I am not hungry." Stubbornly he said when they reached the elevator.

 

"I choose then." She clinged to him happily. Before, she felt annoyed if he acted like that. But today.. It made her feel special.

 

Ding.

 

The elevator doors opened and they stepped in.

 

Bona who watched the whole scene from a far approached smiled Minhyuk. "What was that?"

 

Minhyuk scanned the area and found few people stared with huge interests over him. Who was he to make the big boss pissed off like that?

 

"Minhyuk?" Bona became impatient.

 

"Oh." He grinned. "Your God-like-boss was jealous."

 

"Mwo?" Bona was shocked.

 

Minhyuk laughed out loud remembering Hyunjoong annoyed and angry face just before.

 

 


 

 

Minhyuk looked around and silently praised Bona. She chose a small traditional restaurant for them to eat that day. He always thought that Bona was a high standard woman, that she always lived in luxury. But no. She enjoyed the place. She even knew the owner of the place.

 

"Special Kimchi Fried Rice for my favorite customer." That middle aged Ahjumma put a plate of looked-delicious Kimchi Fried Rice in front of Bona. "I made this just the way you liked it."

 

"I know I always can count on you, Ahjumma." Bona sweetly said.

 

"And, you are my inspiration young lady." She smiled. "As for you," That Ahjumma looked at Minhyuk. "Hope you'll like this." She put a plate of Kimchi Fried Rice in front of Minhyuk.

 

Minhyuk studied that Bona's plate was smaller than his but the rice was redder. A plate that was made special for her, he believed. "Thank you."

 

Ahjumma nodded and walked away.

 

"Enjoy." Bona started to eat. "Don't hesitate. The Kimchi Fried Rice here is the best."

 

"How do you know this place?" He couldn't help to ask.

 

"Hm-" Bona gulped her food. "I found the place accidentally.”

 

“Accidentally?”

 

Bona nodded. “And, I happened to love the food so much. So, it becomes a routine.”

 

“I see.”

 

“Why don’t you tell him the whole story?” Geumhae Ahjumma suddenly placed her palms on Bona's shoulders.

 

"Ahjumma-"

 

"Miss Bona was my savior." She ignored Bona's warning. "I owe her a lot."

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Ignore her, Minhyuk. She talks-”

 

“I always remember that day.” Geumhae Ahjumma cut Bona’s words. “My best friend funeral day. I was so devastated. We had this dream since we were young and right before we made it come true, she died.”

 

“Sorry to hear that, Ahjumma.” Minhyuk sincerely said.

 

“Well, I am not.” Ahjumma smiled slightly. “Now that this restaurant is pretty much alive, I am sure she feels happy up there. However, that day.. I brought a plate Kimchi Fried Rice to her grave. And, accidentally, I also met Bona. Out of nowhere, she offered herself to give it a try and I let her. Bona loved the food.” She said happily. “And, we talked. I shared to her about the dream and she helped me.”

 

“She helped you?” Minhyuk felt interested while Bona enjoyed the food, trying to ignore the conversation.

 

Ahjumma sat next to Bona and nodded. “She gave half of her salary for me. For six straight months until I was able to build and operate the restaurant.”

 

“Ahjumma, stop it.” Bona finally spoke up. She looked at Minhyuk. “Don’t mind her. She loves to praise me a lot. It was not as it heard.”

 

“It wasn’t.” Ahjumma agreed. “She even sold her jewelries to cover-“

 

Bona touched Ahjumma’s hand and squeezed it light, successfully gaining her attention. “You embarrassed me. You knew that it wasn’t only me who fought for this place. But you-“ Bona sighed and smiled. “He doesn’t have to know the whole story. It is not important for him.”

 

An obvious pang planted on Minhyuk’s heart. He didn’t have to know. It wasn’t important for him? But, he felt interested.

 

“Really? I thought-“

 

“You thought wrong.” Bona smiled again. “Now, I believe Mr Kang is hungry.”

 

Ahjumma washed up her confused expression and nodded once. “Alright.” She smiled. “Enjoy the food.”

 

“Thank you, Ahjumma.”

 

The old woman stood up and walked away, leaving Bona and Minhyuk in some kind of weird silent.

 

Minhyuk kept immobilized for seconds as he tried to collect his scattered mind. Lee Bona, what kind of woman was you?

 

 

 


 

 

 

Hyunjoong kept on acting like an old grumpy man during their eating session. But Haeri was Haeri. She paid no attention to such behaviour. Instead, she played dumb but it made Hyunjoong easing down.

 

After they ate and talked and laughed and drank, Hyunjoong remembered his surprise for Haeri. As the result, here they were, inside Sparks' old building after they finished lunch.

 

"You.can't.be.serious." Haeri fought the urgency to faint, right here, right now. Dizziness attacked her. But, she had to stay awake. She had to.

 

Hyunjoong smirked widely and encircled Haeri's waist. "I am serious. I studied your stocks and production capacities. I noticed that you used third party to make those collections. I just thought, maybe it is time for you to have your own factory."

 

Haeri looked up to Hyunjoong and stared at him in shock.

 

Seeing Haeri's reaction, Hyunjoong got confused. "What?"

 

"Nothing." She shook her head a little. "It was just.. I talked about it with Shinhye before we had our lunch. We were not talking about our very own production team, but we were going to look for additional place to produce the collections. The current one was not enough." Haeri sighed. "It's unbelievable that you come up with such idea."

 

Hyunjoong smiled. "Maybe Wifey,  slowly.. Our hearts are becoming one. It also works for our thoughts. Your concern is unconsciously becoming mine. That is why."

 

Haeri shrieked hearing Hyunjoong words. "You are not Kim Hyun Joong. Who are you?" She asked dramatically.

 

Hyunjoong laughed and he released Haeri's waist then cupped her face. "Your husband."

 

Haeri grinned.

 

"I am going to kiss you now. Ok?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because of the moment? I give you such great idea and you love it. We are alone in this old boutique. We are husband and wife. And, I feel like kissing you. How about that?"

 

"Hm- ok."

 

Hyunjoong smiled in relief and leaned down. Slowly, he pressed his lips over Haeri’s and closed his eyes. Haeri followed through. She closed her eyes and let Hyunjoong led the way. Hyunjoong kissed Haeri tenderly. The kiss was soft and made the two breathless literally. Through the kiss, he showed how he respected and valued her.

 

After almost two minutes, they parted. Both of them were blushing and speechless. Once a while, they looked at each other before they threw their sights to pointless things around.

 

"Hm-" Haeri cleared and took few steps back, away from Hyunjoong. She looked around and studied the whole room. "My own factory." She said in awe and disbelief.

 

"Yes. Your very own.”

 

Haeri looked around and found his eyes. “Thank you. Don’t you think that is too much? You did a lot for me already.”

 

“I promised to take a good care of you. And, I meant it.”