(25) 6th Night (1/2)

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

 

“Haeri?”

 

“She is not here, Noona.”

 

“She isn’t home yet? But this is already dinner time. Where is she?”

 

“I seriously don’t know.”

 

“Have you checked-“

 

“To all places possible. I have my men watched her friends, her parents, her best friend even her ex.. She isn’t with any of them. I can’t- I don’t- I have no idea."

 

“Think about place that is special for her, Hyunjoong. A place that contains best memories for her. Maybe she is there.”

 

Hyunjoong pressed his back over the couch and rubbed his temple. A place that was special for her? Well.. surprise! With it he just realized that he knew Haeri through the reports but he didn’t know her personally. Special place? He even couldn’t tell whether Sushi and Spicy Ramen were really her favorite foods.

 

“Well?”

 

“What?”

 

“Is there something in your mind about her special place?”

 

“No.”

 

Minseo sighed heavily. Luckily Hyunjoong was far away from her. If not, she seriously had this urgency to smack his head onto the wall. How could her brother be this idiot?!“Find her. Just find her.”

 

“I am trying my best here.”

 

“Well you are not. If you try your very best, you will be at the street, knocking every door that exists.”

 

“Noona~” She was right though.

 

“Look, I don’t want you to give up on her.” Minseo stated from the other side. “This will be my last request.”

 

“Give up on her? I told you that she gave up on me. On the marriage. And, she-“

 

“Well, you have to stop her stupid intention.”

 

Hyunjoong scoffed and shook his head. Suddenly, hearing his Noona’s voice brought painful headache. She was so in love with his fake wife. Something that he knew already.

 

“I cannot trust you with other woman beside her. I just want her as my in law. You hear me, Kim Hyunjoong. And, I also say this for Eomma." TUT! TUT! TUT! And, she closed the connection.

 

Hyunjoong threw his phone over the couch and dropped his head, staring blankly toward the ceiling.

 

"If she gives up on me that will be our lost."

 

It seemed that his family agreed with him. Hyunjoong realized that Jung Haeri was different from any woman that he met before. She wouldn't be the first that he chose but.. Would she be the last?

 

 


 

"The number you are calling-"

 

Shinhye snapped her phone shut before she sighed heavily. Where is she? Where is Haeri? She promised that she would be at the boutique in the morning. And now.. until eight in the night, there was no news from her. Worse, Shinhye couldn't reach her through the phone at all since hours ago.

 

"So?" Jaejoong stopped next to her. Seeing her worried expression, "She is still out of reach." He concluded.

 

Shinhye nodded.

 

"Since she married that rich man, sometimes, she became.. I don't know.. strange." Jaejoong rubbed his chin.

 

"That's not the point, Jae." Jiyong butted in. "Rich man or not. She is married now. Women change after the marriage. Family comes first. That's the way it is."

 

"Since when you become this mature?"

 

Jiyong winked his eyes playfully. "This is the real me in case you haven't noticed."

 

"Blah!"

 

Jiyong laughed wholeheartedly.

 

Shinhye played with her phone while she thought about her boss and her new life. Yes, she changed. And, it was all because of that man. So.. That Kim Tan spoke the true. And, his words about Hyunjoong and Haeri unconsciously pulling each other closer. Could it be?

 

"Hey, Shin. Your boyfriend is here."

 

"Huh?" Shinhye raised her face just to find Kim Tan approached them in fast manner.

 

"Hello all." He greeted warmly. "Your shift was over, right? And, I managed to settle my things early. So, dinner?"

 

Oh, crap! She forgot. And, she just ate her dinner half hour ago. Jiyong and Jaejoong smirked knowingly and moved away. "Uhm.. I skipped lunch and I was starving.. so, I just got my early dinner." She said softly.

 

Kim Tan pouted.

 

"Sorry."

 

Kim Tan flicked his tongue. "Too bad. But still.. I am getting my dinner and you have to accompany me."

 

"What? Why?"

 

"Because you promised me before."

 

"I did not."

 

Kim Tan smirked devilishly. "You didn't say no. So, I assumed that as a yes." He walked away. "Prepare yourself. I'll inform your friends that you are going first."

 

"Wait!"

 

Kim Tan waved his hand and resumed his walk.

 

"That man is trouble!" Shinhye hissed.

 

 


 

 

Hyunjoong flipped the papers over his hand again and again, wanting to find any clue about Haeri’s wellbeing. There laid all reports about Haeri. He already assigned his men to the places he suspected she would be. But they came with no good results.

 

"Damn it woman! Where the hell are you?" Frustration started to attack his heart. In two days they should be remarry in front of families and friends. And despite anything happened, Hyunjoong didn't want to call off the wedding.

 

He didn't want it.

 

Even though he wasn't sure because of the position or Haeri herself.

 

Buzz!

 

Hyunjoong took his phone. "Yeoboseyo!"

 

"Mr Kim.. This is Dong Youngbae."

 

Youngbae.. Hyunjoong's body stiffened. He told Youngbae to follow Haeri's ex, the bastard. "Yes? She is around?"

 

"No, Sir."

 

Unconsciously, I sighed in relief silently. THANK YOU GOD.

 

"That man is home and he is alone. Before he reached the house, I asked my men to check inside and the area was clear. Miss Jung is not here."

 

"Hm... stay there until I tell you to go."

 

"Noted, Sir."

 

"Thank you." And he cut the line.

 

You are not with the bastard Haeri, which is good. Hyunjoong couldn't contain himself from smiling widely. Now.. Where are you? Hyunjoong’s eyes suddenly landed on a file: Sparks. The old Sparks.

 

Wait.. yes. She owned the building.

 

Hyunjoong stood up hurriedly before he snapped his phone. "Tan, I need those keys of Sparks."

 

"The building?"

 

"Yes. "

 

“I will ask Changmin to deliver it to you.”

 

“At the place. In ten minutes.”

 

“Sure. By the way, why in sudden, Hyunjoong?”

 

“She has the copies?”

 

“Who?”

 

“Haeri.”

 

“Of course.”

 

Hyunjoong seriously had this feeling that Haeri was inside that Old Sparks. “Thank you, Tan.” And, he grabbed his car keys.