(17) 4th Night (2/2)

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

 

"So? How is it?" Hyunjoong asked to Haeri as she scanned the whole room in awe. Actually he needed no answer.  He knew it already.  She loved it. Well.. She even fainted just now.

 

Haeri turned her face and smirked widely. "You did a very great job, hubby. This.." She spread her hands and spinned slowly, gracefully. "Explained how you managed to expand the company lots bigger than before." She tilted her head a little.  "Not bad."

 

Hyunjoong laughed loud before he dropped his body over the couch. "I'll take the compliment.  Thank you very much."

 

"I know she'll love these." Kim Tan added.

 

"Thanks to you too, Mr Kim. I know you've worked hard for days." Haeri sincerely stated.

 

"Me and my girl, to be exact." He winked to Shinhye who practically hid herself behind Jaejoong.

 

"God. I am so dead." Shinhye muttered pathetically.

 

"Sorry, Shin." Jaejoong answered under his breath.

 

"Sorry my ." She replied.

 

"Hey.. Just see it-"

 

"Don't you ever say anything, Kwon Jiyong." She successfully made Jiyong shut his mouth off.

 

Jaejoong glared to grinned Jiyong. That stupid child.. How he acted innocent in this bad situation?

 

On the other side Haeri eyes caught Minhyuk eyes. She understood that he sent signal to be able to talk to her alone. They hadn't talked for eternity!  While before, they shared news at every time possible. She noticed that Hyunjoong was talking seriously with Kim Tan.  When the conversation involved Bona, she hurriedly walked out from the boutique and Minhyuk followed suit.  Once they were outside, he took her hand, dragging her away in fast mode.

 

"Wait.. Minnie.. Where are we going to?" She asked the moment she realised that he led them to the parking lot. 

 

"Away from here." He unlocked the car. "Hurry up. Jump in. Before your ridiculous hubby stop us."

 

Haeri laughed. Ridiculous hubby.. Yeah.. Kim Hyunjoong could be ridiculous sometime.  She hurriedly settled herself next to Minhyuk. "You know what?  I feel like eating Fish and chips. It's been a while." She stated after she buckled her seat belt.

 

Minhyuk smiled knowingly. Fish and chips had been Haeri favourite since she tasted it years ago. "Fish and chips.. Here we come!" He drove them away from the place.

 

 


 

 

"Tan.. I think it is better for you to stay away from Haeri's assistant."

 

"Wae?"

 

"If you screw her-"

 

"Wait, Hyunjoong!" Kim Tan cut him up. He already knew what he was up to. "That is not cool, you know."

 

Hyunjoong sighed deeply. He realized that he was being unfair to his best friend. They were never crossing each other's line. Never interfere. Leave other's personal business. But now.. "I am sorry. It is just-"

 

"I haven't seen her."

 

"Me too."

 

Eh? Hyunjoong turned his head.  Suddenly he felt something was not right. Something.. "What is it?" He asked to Jiyong and Jaejoong who walked near him.

 

"Have you seen Haeri?" Jiyong asked him back instead of giving any answer.

 

"Haeri?" He squinted his eyes.

 

Bona moved closer.  "Minhyuk isn't here."

 

"Oh.. They must be together." Jaejoong snapped. "They always went on missing every time we needed them."

 

Jiyong nodded. "As usual. Well.. No one is able to locate them if they are together." He said, earning a slight nod from Jaejoong. "Let's go to the male stockroom." And they stepped away, leaving dumbfounded Hyunjoong, irritated Bona and calculated Kim Tan.

 

"Find them, Tan." Hyunjoong said firmly.  He didn't like it. How could she leave him like this? Who was that thin guy anyway? He was more dangerous than her ex. Her best friend she said? Hyunjoong didn't buy it at all. Not after now.

 

"Right away." Kim Tan took out his phone swiftly and press his speed dial. He was going to contact their personal investigator.

 

Hyunjoong ran his fingers amongst is hairs. With the corner of his eyes, he noticed that Haeri's staffs were watching them. They were curious but did nothing.  It seemed that they seriously used to this. It was a confirmation that they were close.  Deathly close. And, he didn't like it. At all.

 

 

Why in the hell he felt this way?

 

 

"Ten minutes. They'll inform us their location." Kim Tan stated.

 

"Hm.." Hyunjoong gave short response. Then he threw his body over the couch.

 

Kim Tan watched his best friend closely. He was aware that Hyunjoong was such a territorial person. He hated the fact that someone disturbed his belongings. And Haeri.. She was his asset. For now. "Bona.. It seems that you have other task. Keep your eyes over that guy. Make sure that he stays away from our boss wife." He smirked widely toward worried Bona.

 

Yeah.. She was also aware Hyunjoong uneasiness. And, she took part. She practically let Minhyuk took Haeri away. Firstly, she was the one who brought Minhyuk here. She just wanted to get to know him better. And she used Haeri to drag him with her. Secondly, she spaced out and as the result, she lost him.

 

Hyunjoong faced Bona. "I'll give you special incentive to keep him away from her. Tonight will be the last, Lee Bona. Don't let me down."

 

"Noted, Sir." She answered fast. "I'll keep Kang Minhyuk away from your wife. I am sorry for letting you down, Sir. So sorry."

 

Kim Tan laughed. "See it this way, Bona. When you nail him, you'll beat that Han Heejoo, your number one enemy. So, don't make our boss questions your capabilities."

 

Bona raised one of her brows.

 

"What? I know about everything." Kim Tan smirked widely.

 

Bona rolled her eyes, making Kim Tan laughed wholeheartedly while Hyunjoong still had disturbed mind.

 

 

 


 

 

"I don't want to talk about it now, Minhyuk. Please.. Have mercy and let me enjoy the food first will you?" Haeri resumed her eating and didn't even bother to look at her best friend anymore. She didn't feel like taking about Hyunjoong or the marriage. She just wanted to enjoy her fish and chips.

 

Minhyuk sighed deeply. He knew her. She just gave him a sign to drop the topic."Look. . I just don't want you to bury yourself into your own grave. I truly care about you."

 

Haeri raised her head and smiled warmly. She extended her hand and covered his hand with hers. "I know. You are the twin I never have." She caressed his hand with her thumb. "My number one partner in crime."

 

Minhyuk smiled softly in response. Yeah.. They were like twins from different parents. He moved his hands and entwined it with Haeri's. "You will be the death of me, Sis. So sorry for not be able to help you. Forcing you to take that insane way out."

 

"Nah!" Haeri took her hand from Minhyuk and wave it in front of his face. "Nevermind." In sudden, she remembered what happened with the Kang. She dropped her fork and sighed deeply.

 

Minhyuk squinted his eyes catching her changed behaviour. "What is it?"

 

"I met Appa and Eomma this morning."

 

"Mwo?"

 

"Yeah. Hyunjoong took me to Busan. Seeking for their blessing."

 

"What for? I thought you are going to divorce him right away. Right after you have the money. I have no idea that you are changing your mind." Minhyuk was furious. He thought that thing would not be this serious.

 

"I am not changing my mind." Haeri stated firmly. "It was just.." She messaged her forehead slowly. "I am sure that you are aware that we are going to hold a wedding party this weekend?"

 

"Oh God." He felt dizzy in snap. "Things are being too much. You should stop this. Seriously."

 

"I considered that. But I think I can't. He has these needs."

 

Minhyuk lips parted in shock. "Don't tell me."

 

Haeri smacked his arm hard. "It is not what you think. I am still a thank you very much."

 

"Fiuhhh.." He rubbed his face with both hands. "I thought you lost it already."

 

"You are underestimating me, Minnie." She grinned widely. "But.." Again she felt sad. "I broke Eomma's heart. She cried. I promised for not making her feel sad in any form. But I let her down. You should see her eyes. I disappointed her."

 

Minhyuk smiled. He understood how she loved his Eomma. He cupped her face and stared deep into her eyes. "She wanted you to marry Jihwan Hyung. She wanted you as her daughter in law. That way.. She won't lose you for good."

 

Haeri stunned. "But.. I am her daughter. I will always be."

 

"She is just feeling afraid. What do you expect?  She loves you so much." He smiled.

 

She smiled back and covered his hands with hers. "I know. And me too.  She is my everything. That's why.. Even though this is a fake marriage, I want her to come."

 

"Riri-"

 

"I am all fine. Don't worry."

 

"But-"

 

"Trust me on this. And please support me. No more questions. I just need you to stand beside me, Minnie."

 

"You know that I am always here."

 

"And I feel very thankful about that. You know that I feel blessed."

 

Minhyuk placed his forehead over hers. "Just take a good care of yourself. I'll interfere if I sense that you are not ok."

 

Haeri grinned. "Deal."

 

"I see that you are having s good time, Wifey."

 

Haeri and Minhyuk broke the forehead connection and turned their faces, finding Hyunjoong, Kim Tan and Bona walked closer toward them. Haeri snorted when she caught Hyunjoong irritated expression. Slowly she took her hands from Minhyuk's face. And Minhyuk also lowered his hands.

 

Hyunjoong couldn't ease his tense. He hated to see his fake wife with other man. Yes. She was his fake wife. But like it or not they were going to get marry this weekend and he was the chief of the corporate.. He had this image to maintain. “If you are done. I believe that we should go home and rest. Tomorrow is your big day."

 

Haeri pouted cutely. Then she looked at Minhyuk. "I still want to stay and spend time with Minhyuk. Ah.. He will drop me off." She shifted her sight to Hyunjoong. "You go ahead."

 

Hyunjoong’s eyes widened in disbelief. "Did you just shove me off?"

 

Haeri nodded and smirked innocently. She thought that she just found a great way out. On the other side, Hyunjoong was totally pissed off.  His own wife chose to stay with that awful thin man. He almost thought that he heard it wrong but seeing Minhyuk's pleased expression. "You'll take me there right?"

 

Minhyuk nodded wholeheartedly. "Of course." He purposely avoided Bona's narrowed eyes. He had no business with her. He said to himself.

 

"You are going home with me." Hyunjoong said sternly.

 

"But-"

 

Before she finished her words, Hyunjoong grabbed her hand and tucked her up.

 

"Hey!" Minhyuk stood up in snap.

 

Kim Tan hurriedly touched his arm. "Let them settle this. They are man and wife now. We shouldn't interfere."

 

Minhyuk gazed at his best friend, looking for assurance. And, she gave him one. Through her eyes,  she said that she would be just fine. Seeing the unspoken conversation,  Hyunjoong became annoyed even more.

 

"We are going now." Without any words, he dragged her away, leaving Minhyuk speechless.

 

Minhyuk and Haeri exchanged glances until she vanished behind the double doors. He wanted stop them but he also believed that she was able to handle it all. So.. He stayed still for a while until the movement of Kim Tan brought him back from spacing out. He bowed a little to Kim Tan and Bona for politeness and walked away.

 

"Minhyuk.. Wait up." Bona caught him and walked next to him. "Mind to drive me home?"

 

Minhyuk took out his car keys and unlocked it in fast manner. "Sorry... I have other thing to be done."

 

Bona smirked. "Haeri is already with her husband. I believe you are free."

 

Minhyuk opened the car door. And before he stepped in, he turned his body, facing Bona. "Look.. I have no interest toward you. It is not that I have this confidence that you are after me. But I know that you are. And you are wasting your time."

 

Bona stunned. That was.. No one had ever rejected her. None.

 

Minhyuk hurriedly entered his car, closed the door and drove away. He didn't even bother to take a quick glimpse over Bona after he leaved her.

 

 


 

 

Haeri moved her body a little, looking for comfort. She threw her sight to the road and memorised what happened just now. "That was rude." She mumbled to the man who sat next to her. They had not said anything to each other since they stepped into the car minutes ago.

 

"You should not leave me and went with that guy. I told you to stay away from him. Was it too difficult for you to understand? So you aren't that clever, huh?"

 

Anger raised inside Haeri. "You cannot prevent me to see my best friend."

 

Hyunjoong snorted. "Oh I can. I paid you already remember?"

 

She laughed sarcastically. "Fine. I'll transfer it back. And you'll say nothing about me and Minhyuk."

 

Hyunjoong gritted his teeth. "You aren't allowed to see that damn guy."

 

"That damn guy is important to me. And-"

 

"You are my wife-"

 

"Fake wife."

 

"The society will identify you as my wife. And the image of my wife is more important than your relationship with that culprit. Whether you like it or not you have to stay away from him. I don't want to find your pictures with any guy inside gossip magazines."

 

Haeri sighed deeply. Oh well.. He got the point. “Alright. I'll invite him to our place so the media won't be able to sniff over it."

 

"To our place? Were you saying about my apartment?"

 

Haeri looked at him in disbelief. "You are unbelievable."

 

"I am glad that you got my point."

 

"No. I didn't get any of your points." She answered stubbornly. "I am going to meet him."

 

"Haeri-"

 

"I'll be careful. Don't worry.. and I'll transfer the money back." Haeri turned her body, literally giving her back to Hyunjoong,  sending I want to stop the conversation sign.

 

Hyunjoong glimpsed at her and decided to drop the topic. Money? That was not about the money. But he seriously felt annoyed finding her walked out with other guy. A guy he couldn't compete. Not now.

 

 


 

 

TEASER

 

“You are faking up the marriage.”

 

“No. I am not.”

 

“Oh please.. I can see it from the way you glance at each other and the way you kiss.”