(10) 2nd Day (1/2)

It takes TWO TO TANGO
 
 
Haeri stirred a little before she finally opened her eyes. She blinked few more times to get a better vision. Hmm.. Why she felt that two pairs of eyes were watching her intensely? Oh, crap! She sat up swiftly and widened her eyes. "Mrs- Eomma? Eonni?"

Both Eunjung and Minseo smiled slightly to see that Haeri already woke up. But their eyes still examined Haeri’s face closely.

Haeri stared in confusion to the two ladies. "What are you doing here?"

"You slept in the guess room. Why? Did my little brother hurt you? Did both of you fight?" Minseo squinted her eyes, looking at Haeri intensely.

Haeri gulped hard and laughed nervously. Damn it! And, how she was going to answer that question. No Eonni, we were just faking our marriage so it was just make sense for us to sleep separately. Gosh, she was doomed!

"Your eyes are swollen, Haeri. Did you cry before?"

Haeri hurriedly touched her eyes. Swollen? She did feel that it hurt a little. What could she do? She couldn't help to cry nonstop after what happened in the study. She shocked, surprised and confused. Out of nowhere, her ex, her long time love stated that he loved her and wanted to marry her, that he was willing to provide her money, that he asked her to divorce Hyunjoong and started anew. But, she couldn't just do that. Hyunjoong was right. She was the one who put both of them in this situation. There was no turning back. Too late.

"Haeri?" Eunjung called her again.

Haeri raised her face and met her eyes with Eunjung's. "Ehm.." She lowered her sight fight. What now? What?

"Did he sleep with his s?"

"Minseo!"

"What? That was true! You know your son, Eomma. He and his friends keep on spending nights with their s."
Minseo snorted. Haeri's eyes widened in suprise. What? Really? She smirked slightly.

Eunjung sighed heavily. Of course. She knew that. She knew her son behaviors and habits. That was why she agreed with Harabeoji's request. Hyunjoong should be married before he turned 30. He had to learn about loyalty and respect. "Haeri, was it true? He hurt you?"

Haeri nodded slightly. "He kept on playing with women. I cannot stand it." She murmured. "We did fight this morning. I found a text-"

"See!"
Minseo smacked the bed hard. "That bastard! I am going to kick his balls!"

Haeri giggled inside. Oh, this was good. You were so dead, Kim Hyunjoong!

"Then, we should accelerate our plan." Eunjung stated.

Haeri's smile vanished and she raised her face fast. What plan? In sudden, she felt.. Something was not right here. Something was definitely wrong.

Minseo looked at her Eomma and nodded wholeheartedly. "Definitely. Come on, Haeri. Prepare yourself." She stood up from the bed.

"Prepare myself?" Haeri couldn't help to feel nervous.

Eunjung stood up and looked at Haeri. "We are getting our lunch together, remember?"

"Oh."



 




"The prospect is quite high actually. You are right. That wife of yours has great talent in making adorable outfits. But, in business and how to sell the idea.. A big ZERO. That is your job, Hyunjoong. Your homework." Kim Tan said over the phone.

Hyunjoong played with his pen over his desk. Yeah.. He was right. Haeri was good. Her collections were sell-able. He just needed to inject a little bit business sense into her veins and she would be just fine and did better. "So, when will you start?"

"Today. I am going to ask Mr Han to closed one of our stores at fashion floor and decorate it according to Spark's identity. It should be finished in three days."

"Two."

"Two?"

"Do it in two. Can you do it?"

"Of course."

"Good. Do your best on it, Tan. I depend on you."

"Don't worry, Hyunjoong. I will give my best effort on this. Just for you and your cute wife."


Hyunjoong smirked widely as he played with his pen. Cute wife? Yeah.. That was Haeri to him.

"Anyway, will you please tell her to assign Shinhye to accompany me?"

"Tsk! You are too obvious."

"Well, I also want my own cute wife."

"I thought you didn't prefer woman with glasses."

"Can't you see, Hyunjoong? That woman is a Goddess behind the glasses. She has fair flawless skin. She is curvy and tempting. Damn it, I am hard now."
Kim Tan hissed in annoyance.

Hyunjoong laughed out loud. "Cheap!"

"Take it back, bro! I am not cheap. Not that cheap. There are only limited versions of women who are able to make me hard in snap."

"Yeah.. Whatever."



Knock. Knock.

Click.

Bona bowed a little and walked closer to Hyunjoong. "Sir, you 11:30 appointment is here."

"Tan, I have to go."

"Alright. See you around."


Hyunjoong cut the line and stood up. He prop his suit. "Bona, I have an extra task for you." He said as he walked to the door with Bona tailing him.

"Yes, Sir?"

"Kang Minhyuk."


Bona raised her head and looked at expressionless Hyunjoong who grabbed the doorknob. Kang Minhyuk? What was wrong with him?

"He is not allowed to stay close to my wife in any possible ways." He turned his face and looked at his assistant. "I need you to ensure that."

Bona tilted her head a little. Did she hear it right? He asked her to ensure Minhyuk staying away from his wife? Hmm.. So, he was married to that girl for real. He never.. Her boss gave no to any woman. Not until now..


 




Wait.. Wait.. This couldn't be real. No! Haeri slower her pace. Her eyes locked to what was written over the board. Blue Wedding? What was that? Some kind of restaurant? But.. So many dresses and decoration samples. What was this?

"Come, Haeri!" Eunjung stepped in.

Haeri gulped hard when realization hit her hard. This was.. Wedding planner?

"Haeri? Come on!" Minseo grabbed Haeri's hand and dragged her in. Haeri hesitantly moved her feet. But, Minseo pulled her hard until she succeeded bringing Haeri in.

Again, Haeri took huge amount of air and sent it directly to her heart since she started to feel it stopped moving. God, why did they take her here? Why here?

"Hyuna! This is my daughter in law. Kim Haeri." Eunjung stated when Haeri and Minseo reached her.

Next to her, a middle aged lady who wore stunning black dress stared deeply to Haeri. She examined Haeri from top to bottom. "Where did he find you?"

"Huh?"


The woman, Hyuna, grinned widely and shifted her sight back to Eunjung. "Well, I cannot agree more to Hyunjoong this time, Eunjung. He does have great eyes."

Eunjung giggled. "Told you before."

"So.. When?"

"In four days."

"What four days?"
Haeri asked carefully. She thought she already knew the answer. But, she couldn't help to ask.

Minseo squeezed Haeri's arm slightly. "Your wedding party, dongsaeng."



Haeri gasped in shock. Her eyes widened and her lips parted a little. "Wed-"

The three women nodded happily, leaving Haeri breathless.

"I know a dress that will suit perfectly on you."

No! Haeri was seriously breathless. She couldn't breathe properly. She moved backward step after step. God no! A wedding party? But, their marriage.. It was all fake, all lie. How could they hold a wedding party? What to celebrate?

"Haeri? What- Where are you going?" Minseo asked when she saw Haeri walked backward slowly.

"I-" Haeri became nervous suddenly. "I have to.. make a phone call." Just like that, she turned around and half ran to the exit door, leaving the three women in confusion.


Once she was outside, Haeri leaned her body to the wall and panted hard. She placed her right hand over her chest, feeling how fast her heart beat. Wow! That was insane! Seriously insane! She managed to glimpse inside and saw how happy Mrs Kim and Minseo Eonni talked to Hyuna Ahjumma while looking at a thick book. Gosh! She couldn't just run. She just.. Oh, she was damned!

She took out her phone from her bag and dialled Hyunjoong's number in fast manner. After ring two.

"Kim!"

"Hyunjoong, get your asses here!"

"I can't, Haeri. I am in the middle of important meeting here."

"I don't give a damn! Your Eomma and Minseo Eonni plan our wedding party. They brought me to a wedding planner."

"What?"

"Help me out! Help me out, Hyunjoong!"

"Aish! Arasso, Haeri. Wait for me! Those two! I will smack them down!"



Tut! Tut! Tut! And, the line was cut. Haeri pressed her back to the wall and looked up to the sky. Oh my! This was hell. This was her karma for resuming that nasty plan.