(4) 1st Night

It takes TWO TO TANGO

Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose
Jigeumeun areumdapgetjiman
Nalkaroun gasiro neol apeuge halgeol

Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose
Geurae nan hyanggiropgetjiman
Gakkai halsurok neol dachige halgeol

 
 

Haeri's phone had been ringing for minutes before finally she opened her eyes slowly and reached for her phone under her pillow. She squinted her eyes. Who was calling? She didn't recognize the number. However, she finally pressed yes button. "Yeo-"

"Where the hell are you?!"
Hyunjoong roared from the other side.

Oh. Haeri placed her face over the pillow again and closed her eyes. "Home."

"You are not at my apartment."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. I am at mine."

"How could you- Get in here in five minutes!"


Haeri snorted and ended the call swiftly. Get in there in five minutes? He must be joking. What was her? The Flash? Wonder Woman? Batgirl? Or Doraemon?


 

Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose
Jigeumeun areumdapgetjiman
Nalkaroun gasiro neol apeuge halgeol

Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose
Geurae nan hyanggiropgetjiman
Gakkai halsurok neol dachige halgeol

 


Haeri sighed heavily and snapped her eyes open. Hurriedly, she pressed yes button. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" She glimpsed at her glow-in-the-dark wall watch. Already passed 2AM. She sat up, feeling totally annoyed. "Two in the morning, for God's sake!"

"I told you to stay at my apartment tonight! Tomorrow morning, Mrs Han will come over and check on me."

"Who is Mrs Han?"

"My Nanny."

"Mwo?"
Haeri laughed out hard. "Your Nanny?" She asked in disbelief. "CEO of AMBlitz still have a Nanny? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!" Again, she cried as she laughed.

"Yes, my Nanny." He sounded pissed. "She had to see you here. Or the whole deal is off."

Haeri stopped her laughter. "Yaahhh.."

"I mean it, Jung Haeri. Get in here or it is all off."

"I can't just go there. Minhyuk will kill me!"

"Minhyuk? Why-"

"It's two in the morning. And, I can't easily find a cab. Worse, I can't just wake Minhyuk up to take me. He won't let me go."

"I don't give a damn-"

"Well you should. Because I surely can't go."



KNOCK! KNOCK!


Click.


"Haeri? Something is wrong?" Minhyuk asked after he showed up.

"You are staying with him?!" Hyunjoong shocked. It seemed like he heard Minhyuk's question.

"We shared an apartment." Haeri looked up to Minhyuk. "I am fine. Go to sleep."

Minhyuk narrowed his eyes. He wanted to ask more, but decided for not which Haeri felt relief off. He nodded shortly and walked backward, closing the door again.

"You share an apartment with a man and stay ?"

"Do you seriously want to bring up my ity all the time?"
She suddenly felt annoyed.

"Yes." Hyunjoong answered shortly.

Haeri sighed. "Because Jihwan Oppa decided for not touching me before the marriage."

"Who is Jihwan?"

"Minhyuk's Hyung. My ex."

"You are staying at your ex's brother?"

"I am staying with both of them now actually."

"MWO? Just come here this instant, Jung Haeri! I don't want people notice that I marry a woman that stay with two men. I don't want them to think that those men share you."


My eyes widened. "!" She cut the line. DAMMIT! How could he say that? Jihwan Oppa and Minhyuk shared me? That insane man was getting into her nerves. Damn!


 

Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose
Jigeumeun areumdapgetjiman
Nalkaroun gasiro neol apeuge halgeol

Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose
Geurae nan hyanggiropgetjiman
Gakkai halsurok neol dachige halgeol

 


Haeri blowed her breath when she saw the unknown number flashed over her phone's screen. She was in the edge of ignoring him until she realized that she needed the money and she needed AM Mall. "WHAT?!"

"Get ready. I am going to get you."



TUT! TUT! TUT!


Huh? Haeri stared blankly to her phone. He couldn't be real.



Right?


 



Minhyuk and Hyunjoong's driver put Haeri's bag into the car while Hyunjoong just sat inside and not bothered to help or even step out from the car.

When it finished, before Haeri entered the car, Minhyuk grabbed her hand and took her away from the car. "Haeri, we'll find another way. Don't do this. This is insane. I can't let you. Look!" He looked at Hyunjoong who just lay back inside the car. "He pays you no respect! I am afraid-"

"Have no fear, Minnie. You know me. There is nothing I can't handle. Especially when it comes to men."

"But-"

"I will be just fine, Oppa."


Again, Minhyuk suddered in disgust. He would never stand Haeri called him Oppa. It was just disgusting. To Kang Minhyuk, Haeri was a man in woman form. "Don't Oppa me!" He hissed.

Haeri laughed and hugged him tight. "I will give you a call once I am there. And, you are definitely free to call me whenever you wish."

"Ara."
Minhyuk hugged her back.

"See you." Haeri tightened her hug for a while before releasing herself and walked to the black car.

Minhyuk waved his hand and Haeri managed to reply before the car took her away.


Suddenly, emptiness filled both heart. They were never separated: Jung Haeri and Kang Minhyuk. They were like twins with no blood relation. Ever since they were born, they glued to each other.


"Missing your man already?"

"Huh?"
Haeri turned her face to Hyunjoong who closed his eyes tightly.

"That man. Who is he?"
 
“Minhyuk?” Haeri smiled widely. “My childhood friend. He is like my twin.” Her voice contained affections. “We were never parted. We-“
 
Hyunjoong sighed heavily and enveloped his own self. “During our six months, don’t hug and kiss him again. I’ll pay you One Hundred Million for that.”
 
“WHAT? WHY?”
 
Hyunjoong snapped his eyes open and met his red eyes to Haeri’s. With that Haeri noticed that he was drunk. “You are my wife; the wife of AMBlitz’s CEO. Your life is under the light now. So, behave!”
 
Haeri scoffed and felt regret to her own plan. For the first time.

 

 
 
 
“This way.”
 
“But, this is you room.”
 
“We should sleep in the same room, at the same bed. Mrs Han will come in no time. She should witness us together.”
 
“NO, I WON’T!”
 
“I will not touch you. Don’t make this difficult.” Hyunjoong walked slowly to the bathroom, leaving Haeri alone in the middle of his room.
 
Haeri gritted her teeth in anger. This was getting too much. She slammed her bag hard toward the bed. In sudden, her eyes caught the bathroom’s key that hung on its place. She smirked and slowly approached the door. She saw that Hyunjoong was brushing his teeth. In swift motion, she closed the door and locked it.
 
 
“YAAHH!! HAERII!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!!”
 
Haeri giggled in satisfaction and changed her outfits while shouting back, “THAT’S FOR DISTURBING MY SLEEP AND ANNOYING ME!”
 
Loud groan was heard. On the other hand, Haeri sneaked herself over the bed and lay comfortable. Hmm.. this bed was so.. Soft and warm and..
 
BRAG! BRAG! BRAG!
He obviously tried to open/ break the door.
 
"Let me out, you little brat!!"
 
"No, I won't. Keep your mouth shut will you? Too noisy! I am trying to sleep here."
 
"How could you lock your husband inside this small and wet bathroom?!"
 
"Oh, I surely can. Goodnight, hubby!"
 
“Haeri, you will pay for this!”
 
“I am not afraid.” She slowly closed her eyes and drifted herself into deep slumber fast, leaving Hyunjoong bothered, angry and totally pissed off.
 
 
 

 
TEASER
 
“I already deposit Fifty Millions Won. Thanks for the kiss.”
 
“You are a sick bastard!”
 
“Hey, where are you going?”
 
“This is all over. I don’t need your money!”