(14) 3rd Morning

It takes TWO TO TANGO
 
 
"WHOA! WHOAA! WHOAAAA!!"

"Oh please.. Behave! You are embarrassing me!"

"OH MY TO THE GODDDDD!!"

"Haeri.."

"YOUR OWN PLANE?! WE ARE HEADING TO BUSAN WITH YOUR PRIVATE PLANE?!"
Haeri jumped around like a kangaroo as they walked toward the plane. "AMBlitz" it stated.

Hyunjoong covered half of his face with his left hand. There went his coolness! Damn it, Haeri! He always managed to act as the coolest, stunning yet untouchable man around his staffs. But, his little wife broke the image into pieces the moment she shouted happily and jumped around when she noticed that they would travel with the company's private plane. Accidentally, he caught his surrounding's secret grins. Great. Just great!

"HYUNJOONG!! COME ON!!" Haeri shouted again before she stepped up through the stairs.

Hyunjoong sighed deeply and followed her through.

Hmm.. Sleeping pills!

Sleeping pills would be a very good idea. He should give her some so she would be able to shut up. Genius, Kim Hyunjoong! Genius! He let out an evil smirk.

"Good morning, Miss." A stewardess greeted her politely as she bowed deeply.

"Ow. Such a lovely uniforms." Haeri said in awe. The stewardess wore different kind of uniform. She wasn't wear skirt, instead she wore blue sky pants and white shirt with blue sky hat. Simple yet stunning. Designed by Mrs Kim herself.

The stewardess smiled. "Thank you, Miss."

Haeri smiled widely. "And, so do you by the way. Such a beautiful stewardess. Morning back to you, Lee Jihyun." She tapped Jihyun's shoulder and giggled before she walked in.


Huh? What the-


Hyunjoong seriously witnessed the changed expression of that stewardess. She smiled widely, happily, full with adoration. A kind of smile that wouldn't come out in a professional term. A kind of smile that he never saw whenever he brought any woman before. She felt respected. Haeri's gestures and words made her felt respected.

"Good morning, Mr Kim." She greeted me with her unusual smile and I gave her short nod in return.

"HYUNJOONGG!! LOOK!! THE SEATS!! SOO HUGEEE!!" She clapped and gasped in surprise before she took a seat and caressed the brown seat softly. All in sudden, her eyes widened in curiosity and stood up. "OH MY!!  A BED!!" Haeri kept on shouting.

Hyunjoong rolled his eyes and managed himself over his usual seat.  Having no intention to give reaction to Haeri, he took out his phone and dialed Kim Tan's number.

"Yes, Hyunjoong?"

"Progress?"

"All fine. The boutique will come to life tomorrow morning."

"Good."
Hyunjoong looked at Haeri who rolled and rolled and rolled over the bed. He snorted cynically. That woman was something. Couldn't she compose herself? He glimpsed to the stewardess who smiled warmly toward Haeri.

"Hyunjoong?"

"Tan, please inform Bona to handle the opening ceremony. Morning at ten. Do invite my family. They adore her."


"Of course. Who won't? She is pure. Far different from your previous. Knowing you Eomma and your Noona, they must sigh in relief when they spot Haeri as your woman."

Hyunjoong rubbed his forehead slowly. Tan was so right. So damn right! Every times he brought his past girlfriends, his Eomma and Minseo Noona showed no interest toward them. Sometimes, they even intentionally ignored them. But with Haeri.. They were different. Hyunjoong saw that Haeri talked to the stewardess and they laughed happily. You were not that bad, huh, Jung Haeri?

"Hyunjoong!" Haeri dropped herself over the seat next to him and put her belt on with the help from the stewardess. "We're taking off in seconds; you should shut your phone down." 

Hyunjoong took out his Ipad and turned it on. "Please email me the progress, Tan. I'll state my opinion through phone in two hours."

"Phone? I thought we were going to see the new place together this lunch time."

"I can't. I am heading to Busan. I have- What?"


Haeri put Hyunjoong's phone over her ear. "Mr Kim Tan, Hi!"

"Haeri?"

"We are going to depart in seconds. So sorry. But, I have to cut this conversation."
She said, looking innocently at annoyed Hyunjoong.

"Oh. Ok."

Hyunjoong hurriedly took back his phone. "Insane woman!" He hissed over the phone while Haeri just smirked triumphantly.

Kim Tan laughed out loud. "Incredible! She is awesome!"

"Not you too.."
Hyunjoong groaned.

"What?!"

"Just send me the email."
Hyunjoong cut the line and sighed deeply.

"Mr Kim, please put your seat belt on."

Hyunjoong gave no answer and swiftly put his belt on. He sent away his phone and Ipad before pressing his back toward the seat, making himself comfortable.

"Hyunjoong~" Haeri placed her palms over Hyunjoong's hand and grabbed it tight.

"Hm?"

"I never.. This is my first flight."


He turned his face fast, giving her his disbelief expression. "No way."

She nodded several times. "Yes. My first. And, I am.. A bit scared."

Hyunjoong grinned in amusement. "Why?"

"Because- Oh my God!"
She put her back over the seat, closed her eyes and tightened her grips over the seat. The plane was starting to depart. "God, help me. God, please protect me. God, let me live. Please God. Please.." She mumbled prayers continuously.

Hyunjoong stared at her blankly before he broke into laughter. "That was funny. Totally funny, Haeri." But, Haeri gave no response. On the contrary.. Hyunjoong swore that her face became pale. "Yah! Haeri.." He took her hand. Cold. Her hand was totally cold. She scared alright. "Haeri~" He mumbled as he her knuckles with his thumb. And still, she gave no further reactions.


Ting. The pilot turned off the seat belt lamp.


Hyunjoong unbuckled his belt and lifted his hand. In seconds, the stewardess walked closer. "Hand me my usual wine."

The stewardess nodded and in snap she was back with a glass of wine. Jihyun looked at Haeri worriedly. Her favorite passenger was scared. "Miss.." She touched Haeri's shoulder softly, wanting to comfort her.

"Haeri.." Hyunjoong called her. "Hey, open up your eyes."

Haeri shook her head.

"It's ok."

Again, she shook her head.

"Take this. It will calm you down." Hyunjoong pressed the glass over Haeri's lips and pressed it down until her lips parted a little. Slowly, he put the wine into Haeri's mouth.


Gulp. Gulp. Gulp.


Hyunjoong took the glass away and handed it back to the stewardess. Then, Haeri opened her eyes. Their eyes met directly. "Feeling better?" He asked attentively.

She nodded shortly.

"Good." He put his palm over her forehead. Sensing that she had no fever, he felt lots of easing down. "Do you need anything else? You don't have enough blood on your face."

"Hmm.."
Haeri touched her face with her free hand.

"Haeri?"

She looked at Hyunjoong again. Knowing that he was waiting for her answer, "Popcorn?"

"Mwo? Popcorn?"

"I want to eat popcorn. I always ate popcorn whenever I felt nervous."


Hyunjoong looked up to Jihyun.

"Do you want plain popcorn? Marshmallow? Or cheese? Caramel?" Jihyun offered to Haeri excitedly.

"Marshmallow please."

"Right away, Miss."
She walked away in fast manner.

Haeri sighed deeply and accidentally she caught the sight of the skies from the window next to Hyunjoong. "Oh my!" She tried to stand up but the belt prevented her for doing so. She hurriedly unbuckled her belt and rushed toward the window, kneeling in front of it. "Wow." She gasped. "Hyunjoong! Look.. Beautiful." Haeri stared in awe toward the scene.

Hyunjoong squinted his eyes. She was ok now? After acting like dying a moment ago? Unconsciously, he lifted his hand and put it on top of Haeri's head.

Feeling his hand over her head, she turned her head slowly, facing him.

"You are ok now?"

Haeri smiled and nodded. "All fine."

"I thought that you were dying."
Hyunjoong smirked.

Haeri grinned funnily. "Seems like I am all fine once we are between the skies."

"Hmm.. Glad to know."

"Miss.. Your popcorn."
Out of nowhere, Jihyun said.

"Eh?" Haeri stood up and sat back over her seat, taking the popcorn gladly.

"Enjoy, Miss." Jihyun said before she turned to Hyunjoong. "Anything for you Mr Kim?"

Hyunjoong shook his head. "No thank you."

Jihyun bowed deeply and turned back, walking back toward her place.

Haeri ate the popcorn with troubled mind. She even experienced troubled heart. She couldn't deny.. When Hyunjoong placed his palm over her head, her heart.. It thumped loudly.

Why?



While Hyunjoong.. Absentmindedly, he stared at Haeri intently. This girl.. She was special. She was different. Good kind of different. Her strengths.. Her weaknesses.. Those made her even more attractive on his eyes.

Why?



 



Shinhye, Jiyong and Jaejoong scanned the empty place of Sparks attentively. Memories crashed inside their minds one after another. How they valued the place.. How they loved working here.. How they became family after years..

"Well.. It is all for the better." Shinhye mumbled.

Jiyong and Jaejoong nodded in unison. "For the better."

"Our time is up here."
Shinhye sighed and turned her body, facing Jaejoong and Jiyong.

"Where is our Boss by the way?" Jiyong asked. "She missed all the preparation."

"She busied herself with her new husband, new family.. And, she is heading to Busan to get her family's blessing over their wedding."
Shinhye explained as Haeri told her everything except the fake wedding.

"Is it for real? The marriage? I am positive that she is still . So-"

"Really?"
Shinhye raised one of her brows. "Can you tell? I don't think.. That after days.."

"Oh please.. I can tell. I can see it. I even can smell it. She is a ! Totally! Slice my if she is not!"
Jaejoong dramatically said.

Jiyong laughed. "He is so right, Shin."

"Stop this conversation. We are not supposed to talk about her that way."
Shinhye propped her bag over her shoulder. "She is been so nice toward us these years-"

"It was not that I insulted her. Don't get me wrong. On the contrary.. I admire her. Who stays after the marriage? While the others, they give up their ity easily even before they are legally bonded."

"Morning all!"


The three of them looked around and spotted Kim Tan walked closer to them.

"Hello sunshine." He sneaked his hand over Shinhye's shoulder and kissed her lips softly, making Shinhye stunned in shock while Jiyong and Jaejoong parted their lips and widened their eyes.

"Wh- Wh-" Shinhye couldn't even say a word.

"You shocked me up last night. But, I agreed." Kim Tan caressed Shinhye's jaw with his pointy finger. "We are officially coupling now, Jagiya."

"Mwo?"
Shinhye gasped.

If eyeballs could fly from its sockets, Jaejoong's and Jiyong's would definitely leave its place with peace.

Again, Tan leaned in and pressed his lips over hers. But now, Shinhye managed to gain her sanity and broke away from the kiss. "What were you saying? What were you doing?" She hissed.

"When a girl initiated a kiss.." Tan softly touched Shinhye's lower lip with his thumb. "I always assumed that the girl proposed a relationship. And, you did that last night, kissing me. You had no idea how happy I was. And now, I am giving you my answer. A big yes, Park Shinhye." Kim Tan smirked meaningfully. 

"No. No way." Shinhye mumbled faintly as she moved backward.

"Oh, yes. Yes way." Tan encircled her waist with both hand and pulled her closer. "You cannot just take it back. Right, boys?" He eyed to shocked Jiyong and Jaejoong. "A girl like Shinhye, an honorable lady like Park Shinhye.. Won't easily kiss a man without reason, right?"

Both Jiyong and Jaejoong gulped hard. They looked at each other’s silently as guilt rushed to their hearts in fast manner. ! What had they done? They pushed their best friend.. They feed their best friend to a lion!

"Wait.. Wait! You got me wrong." Shinhye pathetically tried to turn back the situation.

"I heard nothing. I hear nothing." He dragged her toward the door. "Come. We have to see Sparks' new place."

God, take me life! Take it now!! Shinhye shouted mentally.



 



"Such a bad joke, Jung Haeri."

"Kang Appa.."

"You can't be real."

"Kang Eomma.."

"This man.. He is your husband? Your husband?"
The middle aged lady stared in disbelief toward Haeri and Hyunjoong who sat over the long couch in front of her.

Seriously.. Like seriously.. Haeri felt like dying right here right now! She saw how she hurt the couple, how she let them down.. How she drew disappointment and sadness on their faces. Oh no. She slowly turned her face toward Hyunjoong and found him gazed down at her, smiling, encouraging her.

"But, I want you as my daughter in law, Haeri. I always thought that you will end up marrying Jihwan or Minhyuk. This can't be real. Tell me that this isn't real. Appa.. Please tell me."

"Eomma, don't say that. We have to respect and support Haeri's choices and decisions. Even though, the man that she chose is definitely below our qualifications."

Huh? I couldn't help to smirk hearing their words. While Hyunjoong pouted, feeling annoyed. I glanced at the couple and smiled. "Appa, Eomma.. Hyunjoong might looked stupid, definitely far from handsome and pathetic.."

"Yah! Kim Haeri!"
He hissed.

"But, he is nice." Haeri smiled. "I am sure he will be a great husband for me. No worry, Eomma, Appa."
 
Kang Appa rubbed his chin thoughtfully. He stared at Hyunjoong closely. “Hmm..”
 
Knowing that Kang Appa doubted their relationship, Haeri sneaked her hand around Hyunjoong’s and brought herself closer to him. “See.. How perfect we are?” She grinned.
 
“Both of you are not deeply in love-“
 
“Yet!” Haeri cut the statement. “But..” At the same time, both of them turned their faces until they looked at each other. “We will. It is all a matter of time. We are comfortable around each other. We are happy. And, the rest will follow. Hyunjoong and I will come to a stage where we cannot live without one and another. This is somehow our strange fate.”  OH MY GOD! DID SHE JUST SAY THAT?! She paralyzed in snap. Did she seriously say THAT? How.. How could she feel that those words came directly from her heart? That she meant it.. That she wished that..

As for Hyunjoong.. He also stunned hearing Haeri's statement. Haeri? Did she say that for real? Or.. But.. He heard the words.. She said that sincerely, he could feel that. Jung Haeri.. You tied yourself to him. Now, you were stating that you would spend the rest of your time with him?

Both Kang Appa and Kang Eomma went silence and studied the newly wedded couple that sat in front of them. They saw how the couple stunned at the same time but both of them also blushed slightly in unison. They were flushing.

 


Typical!
 


Kang Appa took Kang Eomma's hand before standing up, bringing her with him. "Stay for lunch. We'll talk again later on. Detail! Especially on the moment you decided to get married." Just like that, they left Hyunjoong and Haeri at the living room.
 
 
Haeri gulped hard as she took her hand from him. "Hmm.. That was close." She murmured after she saw Kang Appa and Kang Eomma vanished behind the wall that separated the living room and the dining room.

Hyunjoong faked a cough. "Yeah.. We played our role perfectly." He flicked her nose. "You should consider yourself as an actress."

She snorted, knowing that the greatest Kim Hyunjoong mocked her, again, as usual. "You aren't bad yourself."

"I know." He let out his signature toothy grin.

Haeri snorted before giggled happily. “Now. Should we create something about the moment we finally decided to get married?”
 
Hyunjoong nodded. “It is simple. You proposed to me since you loved me so much and couldn’t live without me. And, I was in a position that couldn’t say no because you threatened to kill yourself. Then-”
 
“YAH! YAH! YAH!!” Haeri smacked his shoulder, earning a short chuckle from him. “I disagree! I object! You were the one who proposed! I always dreamed that I-“ She stopped the talking in snap. Her eyes wandered around, remembering her childhood dream: her perfect engagement moment and her perfect wedding party. Those were inside the trash bin now.
 
Hyunjoong narrowed his eyes, knowing that something bothered her. “What?”
 
“Hmm.. Nothing.” She stood up. “Hmm..” She played with her hands. “We met at the club, bumping at each other. And, after spending a whole night together, we took the silliest decision: getting married. The end.”
 
“Tsk! So plain.”
 
“Don’t care.” She walked away. “I am getting myself a glass of juice. Do you want some?”
 
Hyunjoong stood up. “Watermelon Juice please.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Eh, should I tell them that I took your ity before us got married or after the wedding?”
 

 


 



 
TEASER
 
“So, you are that girl?”
 
“Harabeoji?!”
 
“How could you marry this bastard? Were you expecting his money?”