(6) 1st Day

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

"Where are you going?"

"Work."

"At Sunday?"


Haeri nodded as she put a purple butterfly pin on her hairs. "My boutique knows no day off."

"And, still.. You produce no money."


Haeri pouted as she took her purse. As much as she hated it, she knew that it was true. Her workers and she already worked hard with no good results. She stood up and propped her white short dress. "I am going."

"Alone?"


Haeri didn't give any answer. She just resumed her walk toward the bedroom's door. Silly question! Of course she was going alone. Ah, maybe she should call Minhyuk.

"Take my car."

Haeri stopped her walk. Eh? She turned her face and saw Hyunjoong who sat comfortably over the brown couch, facing the home theater. "Your car?"

He nodded.

"No, thank you."

"Why? I have three at my parking lot. Take one."


Three? Haeri's eyes widen. Last night, he picked her up with black SUV. A wonderful car with lux decoration. He had others? But again.. "I can't drive. Thanks for the offering. I am taking a cab."

"Can't drive?"
He chuckled.

"Minhyuk-"



 

Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose
Jigeumeun areumdapgetjiman
Nalkaroun gasiro neol apeuge halgeol

Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose
Geurae nan hyanggiropgetjiman
Gakkai halsurok neol dachige halgeol


 



Haeri hurriedly took her phone and smile sprang widely when she saw the caller's name. Before the phone reached her ear, she shouted, "Minhyuk!"

Hyunjoong squinted his eyes. That Minhyuk guy again! Dammit! He watched Haeri closely. She looked so cheerful even her eyes brightened with happiness.

"Of course I am coming to Sparks. As usual."

"I am going to pick you up. AM Apartment, right? I will be there in five."

"Really? You will be here in five? Splendid, Minnie. I'll be waiting at the lobby. We are having lunch at our favorite before heading to
Sparks. How about that? On me." Ignorantly, Haeri walked away from the bedroom without saying anything else to Hyunjoong, leaving him dumbfounded.

Hyunjoong felt unbelievably annoyed. That woman was something! Did she seriously only after his money? Only his money? She didn't buy his handsomeness and else. Just the money! This couldn't be. No one was immune to his charm!

Haeri peeked at the door. Their eyes met in snap. Haeri smirked widely. "Don't bother to pick me up. Just text me your family address. I will ask Minhyuk to drop me off. Laters, Hyunjoong." She waved her hand and vanished.


What the ?!

Hyunjoong's body shivered in irritation. Oh no! An idiot look with thin body body couldn't beat him up! How come she chose that boy over him? He couldn't let it. Swiftly, he took his phone and dialed some numbers.

"Lee!"

"I am waiting for you at my apartment in half hour."

"Sir?"

"Don't make me repeat my statement, Bona. Take Kim Tan with you. I need my business advisor."

"Noted, sir."

"Thank you."


And the line was cut.

Hyunjoong lowered his hand. Without saying, she challenged him. And, he was challenged.




 



"The money is for real?" Shinhye said in disbelief as she stared to the laptop screen in front of her. Haeri just showed her the amount of her saving. More than Four Hundred and Fifty Million Won. Wow. As in WOW.

Haeri giggled and ignored the sharp stare of Minhyuk toward her. "Real, Shinhye. Totally real! We will settle everything down tomorrow. Those Bankers and Debt Collectors won't be able to lay their hands on us anymore."

"Haeri, how did you get the money?"
Shinhye asked carefully.

Minhyuk snorted and crossed his hands over his chest. He looked at Haeri intently, waiting for her answer.

Haeri grinned and scratched her head. Should she tell Shinhye that she had these deals with Kim Hyunjoong? But, she promised for not telling anyone about that. Anyone except Minhyuk. Minhyuk was not her anyone. He was her twin. "That's not important, Shinhye."

"But-"

"Let's discuss about our collections. I want to see our available stocks."


Shinhye nodded, getting the message that Haeri wanted to drop the conversation. And, she respected that. The most important thing for Shinhye was that her boss didn't sell her body. She was still smelt like a .

"Ah, I forgot to talk about AM Mall with Hyunjoong."

Shinhye raised one of her eye-brushes hearing Hyunjoong's name was mentioned. "The yesterday Kim Hyunjoong, the CEO of AMBlitz?"

Haeri nodded. "Yeah. About Sparks entering AM Mall-"

"You can discuss it with Kim Tan and Bona."


Together, Haeri, Minhyuk and Shinhye raised their sights to the door and spotted Hyunjoong, Kim Tan and Bona stood there.



Haeri narrowed her eyes. "What are you doing here?"

Hyunjoong smirked. "To talk about our business." He walked closer to Haeri while glimpsed in irritation to Minhyuk that sat next to Haeri at the long couch. "I brought Kim Tan, my advisor, and Bona, my assistant."

Bona bowed shortly and smiled. "Minhyuk, you are here too?"

"Eh?"
Haeri and Hyunjoong looked at Bona then Minhyuk back to Bona again. "You know her?" "You know him?" They asked in unison.

"Kang Minhyuk is Infinite's representative for our new project at Seocho District, Mr Kim." Bona walked closer to Hyunjoong with her eyes locked to Minhyuk.

Haeri recognized the stare. She wanted him. Her twin without blood relation had someone that desired him? Really? Like.. Really? Minhyuk was.. Minhyuk. Nothing special with him. She thought. Haeri leaned more to Minhyuk, "Minnie.. You said nothing about this." She whispered.

"Hm? Which one? Me being a representative for AMBlitz? Or?" He whispered back to her ear.

"Do you seriously want me to kick your balls?" She hissed.

Minhyuk smirked. That was his Haeri: Had no fears. "That girl is a hard player, Riri. I won't put my eyes on her."

"Really?"
Haeri looked up to Bona and studied her. Hmm.. She was beautiful and hot, especially with that mini denim skirt and red sleeveless blouse. Seriously a woman which a man would droll over.

In sudden, Haeri caught Kim Tan's stare toward Shinhye. What was that? It seemed that he aimed her. These people needed to be sent to hell! Seriously like boss like workers.

Hyunjoong looked at Bona and Kim Tan. He smirked meaningfully, knowing that his best friend got curious about that short haired woman, while his assistant definitely chased the thin idiot boy that glued himself often to Haeri. Good! He got his troops.

Hyunjoong walked closer to Kim Tan. "Get the other . I will tell Bona to conquer the last." He murmured while tapping Kim Tan's shoulder.

Kim Tan chuckled and flashed his stunning smile. "Mrs Kim, where should I start?" He walked in. "Our target: Sparks enters AM Mall tomorrow."

Haeri stood up. "Tomorrow?"

Kim Tan nodded. "And, it will start the business in a week."

"Mwo? Is that even possible?"

"Everything is possible for Kim Hyunjoong's wife."

"WHAT?!"
Shinhye and Bona shouted in shock. "You married her?" "You married him?" They asked in unison.

Haeri sighed heavily while Hyunjoong smirked widely.




 




Four straight hours. The six of them already stayed inside Haeri's office and talked about the plan for four straight hours now. Before they finalized the whole plan, Hyunjoong looked at his wristwatch: already five in the afternoon. "I think we should go now, Haeri. We have to go back to the apartment and freshen ourselves."

Haeri looked at her wristwatch too. She sighed deeply. She was so dead! Dinner with his family. She just had this feeling that everything would bring her no good. "Ok."

"Kim Tan, please handle the rest."

"Ara. Bona and I will finish this first. The project is in me. I will be in control. Just for your wife, Hyunjoong."
He winked to his best friend.

Hyunjoong smirked knowingly. "Thanks."

Haeri glimpsed to Kim Tan who talked in low voice to Hyunjoong. That man was good in his work. But still, Haeri felt worried for her worker. "Minnie, please accompany Shinhye."

Minhyuk nodded, "Yes. No worry."

Bona's smile sprang widely. Oh, Kang Minhyuk would be hers in no time. Thanks God Mr Kim dragged her to the project. Even though it was still hard for her to believe that her boss finally settled down. But.. The strange thing was Haeri was closer to Minhyuk than to her husband. Something was wrong. And, something was definitely wrong since Minhyuk still paid no attention to her and showered his attention to Haeri. But.. Whatever! That blonde had her boss. That only meant that Minhyuk was free.

"Haeri, come on." Hyunjoong walked outside the office.

Haeri took her purse and followed through.

"Going home, Sir?" Jaejoong greeted Hyunjoong outside the office.

Hyunjoong's whole body shuddered in disgust. "You!"

"Yes, Sir?"
Jaejoong flipped his long fake hairs.

Hyunjoong was near from throwing up. It was hard to believe that he was almost chasing him, a man.. A MAN! Gezz! That was a big scandal! He could already imagine Seunghyun's loud satisfied laughters. His image would be tainted! Ah.. Kim Tan too. Thanks God he was not alone. "When we are entering AM Mall, please dress properly."

"Huh? Why?"
Jaejoong batted his lashes.

Hyunjoong closed his eyes shortly before opening it again, trying to make his eyes stayed on its places. "Just don't."

"Jaejoong has such beautiful face." Haeri grabbed Jaejoong's arm. "He decided to wear this outfits three months ago in order to attract male customers. And, it worked. Our sales increased, slightly. We have to admit that he is good in this. He becomes one of gorgeous ladies alive! Even you-"

"Stop it!" Hyunjoong cut her up. "I just think that is not necessary anymore. Well, you are at AM Mall. You'll get customers. Just put some proper outfits for MAN!" He stressed out the last word and walked away.

Haeri and Jaejoong looked at each other silently before laughing out loud.

"His face was funny."

"Yes."
Haeri wiped up her happy tears. "I am going now, Jaejoong. Please take a good care of the boutique."

"I will boss. No worry."


Haeri smirked and half ran to the glass doors.




 



"Put your seat belt on." Hyunjoong ordered once Haeri entered his Red Ferrari.

"Oh.My.God!" Haeri looked inside the Ferrari in awe. She caressed the dashboard lovingly. "This is unbelievable! I love this! I seriously love this car!" She exclaimed happily.

Hyunjoong smirked in proud. "Of course! I am a man with style you know."

"Tsk!"
Haeri reached for her seat belt and put it on. "Eh, can I drive this car?"

Hyunjoong turned his face fast to her. "You said that you couldn't drive a car?"

Haeri giggled shyly. "I had my driving lesson three years ago. Jihwan Oppa was my teacher. But, ever since.. I never drove a car. So, yeah.."

"You were thinking of using my precious as your training car?"


Haeri nodded forcefully with huge smile and widened eyes.

Hyunjoong brought his face close to Haeri. "No.to.the.way!"

"Yaahhh!"



Knock! Knock!


Hyunjoong and Haeri moved their sight at the same time. They saw a man with dark blue shirt peeking at the window.

Haeri gasped in surprise. "Jihwan Oppa."

Heh? Jihwan Oppa? Who? Eh, wait.. The one who teached her driving? Her ex? Oh, this was bad. Hyunjoong looked around, ensuring that he locked the doors and the windows.

"Haeri, I am home now. Come on! We need to talk about the issue." Jihwan said from outside. He left Seoul a month ago to Jeju Island for extra money. He couldn't say a thing to Haeri to surprise her. But, he was here now. With the money. Not that much. But, enough to postpone the takeover.

"Oppa.." Haeri unbuckled the seat belt.

"Where are you going?"

Haeri tried to open the door with no success. "I have to talk to Jihwan Oppa." She couldn't deny that she still had feeling for him no matter what happened.

Hyunjoong smirked. Not today, Missy. He slammed the accelerator, bringing them away from the place.

"Haeri!" Jihwan knocked the window continuously. "Haeri, please. I am here now."

"Hyunjoong! Hyunjoong, stop the car!" Haeri shouted.

But, Hyunjoong listened to nothing. He drove the car in fast motion, leaving Jihwan behind. He could tell that the man was able to drag Haeri out of the deals. He couldn't let it. He needed her to stay intact with his position at AMBlitz.

 
“KIM HYUNJOONG!! STOP THIS DAMN CAR!!” She held Hyunjoong’s arm and shook it forcefully, making it lost balance for a while.

 
HONK! HONK! Loud honks were heard from behind and beside.

 
“YAHH!!” Hyunjoong shoved her hand. “DO YOU WANT TO KILL US BOTH?”

 
“I TOLD YOU TO STOP THIS CAR!!”

 
“NO, I WON’T!”

 
“KIM HYUNJOONG!! I NEED TO-“

 
“YOU ARE MY WIFE NOW! WE ARE GOING TO MY PARENTS’ HOUSE! DON’T BE STUPID!”

 
“But-“ Sniff. Sniff. “Jihwan Oppa..”

 
Hyunjoong sighed deeply. Now she was crying after shouting her whole heart out!

 
Haeri wiped her tears and grabbed Hyunjoong’s hand.

 
“What- OOOWWWW!!!”

 
Haeri released it.

 
“WHY DID YOU BITE ME FOR?!” Hyunjoong eyed to his bleeding flesh under his right thumb. Stinging pain was crystal clear there.

 
“You pissed me off. You just deserved it.” She pressed her back to the seat and threw her sight to the road.

 
“Jezz!” Hyunjoong snorted.

 
While Haeri thought about Jihwan, Hyunjoong grinned silently. That was easy! That man was not that special to her anyway.

 

 

 


 

 
“Bona, you heard Hyunjoong.”

 
“Yes, Mr Kim?”

 
“Distract that guy. I want to ‘explore’ the woman.”

 
Bona smirked. “Consider it done.”

 

 



 
Anticipating three couples?
COMMENT!