(19) 4th Morning

It takes TWO TO TANGO
 
 
Damn that woman! Damn the alcohol! Damn Yoo Heyi!
 
Hyunjoong kept on rubbing the back of his neck and some times the bridge of his nose to ease the headache or that strong nausea. How many liquor that he gluped last night? He couldn't remember it clearly.. But it was surely enough to knock his sanity down. Well.. He woke up inside Heyi's apartment. He could remember Heyi's proud yet annoyed expression. !
 
Already eight in the morning. He had to hurry. Sparks launching at ten.
 
He headed to the dining room once he stepped into his apartment. He thought that he would find Haeri there. But he was wrong. There was only Minhwa Ahjumma.
 
"Morning, Sir." She greeted him politely even though she felt pissed off. She witnessed it all. How he locked himself to another woman in front of his wife.. That was.. unacceptable.
 
"Hmm.. Where is Haeri?" Hyunjoong approached the kitchen island.
 
"She already leaved."
 
Hyunjoong narrowed his eyes. "Leaved?"
 
"Yes."
 
"To where? When?"
 
"I am sorry, Sir. She didn't give me any explanations." Minhwa placed a cup of black coffee in front of him before she turned her body, literally giving her back to him.
 
Hyunjoong took out his phone and dialed Haeri's number just to find it inactive. He sighed deeply. "I am going to clean myself."
 
Minhwa snorted before she managed to hold it back. She didn't mind.. she seriously didn't mind the way her boss lived his life. But.. things were different now. He was married.
 
It seemed that Hyunjoong managed to hear her. "Something wrong?"
 
"Eh," Minhwa turned her face. "Nothing, Sir."
 
Hyunjoong resumed his walk. Hm.. he couldn't help to feel disturbed. He was expecting to see Haeri this morning before they headed to AM Mall. But, she was not here. Where was she?
 
 
 

 
 
"I am glad that you are free to have breakfast with us, Haeri."
 
"But.. it is almost nine, Eomma. We should get going to AM Mall."
 
"Nonsense. We still have than enough time, right?" Eunjung asked to lost Haeri. Getting no response from her,  she squinted her eyes. "Haeri,  are you ok?"
 
"Hm.." Haeri looked at her mother in law and smiled a little. "What was that?" She asked in confusion.
 
Eunjung and Minseo gazed in each other. They had the same conclusion. The wife of Kim Hyunjoong looked weird. She kept on spacing out and paid attention to nothing. Her eyes, her smiles, her expression.. it was all plain. They remembered her as a lively person. But now.. she was the total opposite than before. Almost two hours. They only spent time with her almost two hours now. And, they already could tell.
 
Minseo directly made a mental promise. That bastard should pay for everything that he did that forced her to behave this way. She knew her little brother. Him and his childish behaviour!
 
Eunjung smiled tenderly. She reached for Haeri's hand and squeezed it softly. "Be strong."
 
"Hm?" Haeri tilted her head a little.
 
“Please.. stay with him. Stay with my son. Give him a chance to be a better person."
 
"He might be stupid and silly and selfish but he is far from being evil. He never intents in hurting someone." Minseo added.
 
Haeri stunned for a moment before laughing nervously. "What were you saying? We are fine. Hyunjoong and I are fine." Fine my ! She scowled silently. He slept with other woman!  And worse, she gave him the permission to do so. It was all because.. This whole marriage thing was a big lie.
 
Eunjung and Minseo didn't buy it. Both of them knew that the latest family member on their family was lying. She was lying. And, the more she did that, the more they admired her. They thought that Haeri was incridible for hiding Hyunjoong's mistakes, whatever that was. If only they knew..
 
BUZZ!
 
Minseo took out her phone from her pocket. "Hyunjoong." She informed both her Eomma and Haeri.
 
Eunjung smiled while Haeri's body stiffened. And that did not escape Minseo's eagle eyes. As the matter of fact, she watched her closely when Haeri bowed down her head as if she refused to hear any further.
 
"Yes, Hyunjoong?"
 
"Noona, where are you? You are with Eomma? Appa said-"
 
"Yes. We are having breakfast with you cutie wife."
 
"Haeri? She is with you?" A sigh of relief was crystal clear on Minseo's ear, making her narrowed her eyes even more. She thought that she was right all along.. they had fight. And she left without telling him.
 
Haeri felt uncomfortable. She was aware of Minseo's intense stare. "Excuse me." She stood up and headed to the washroom without any approval from the in-laws.
 
Eunjung eyed on her before she glanced back Minseo. What was this?
 
"What did you do?" Minseo bluntly asked.
 
"Burago?"
 
"What is wrong with Haeri? She is-"
 
"What is wrong with her?" Hyunjoong cut her up, confused. But he also noticed the confirmation that Haeri leaved and shut her phone off were not for nothing. Why? His demand to stay away from Kang Minhyuk pissed her that much?
 
Eunjung took the phone from Minseo. "Listen to me, Kim Hyunjoong. Don't mess up! Just this time. I ask you to grow up. Please.. Just grow up."
 
"Eomma-"
 
Eunjung shut the phone off and gave it back to Minseo. "That child is getting into my nerves." She took her orange juice and gulped it in one go. "I wasn't being too much, right?"
 
Minseo smirked. "Were you seriously asking me?"
 
Eunjung giggled. She knew that her daughter was worse in scolding her brother. "Oh well.. his bad reputation needs a break." She saw Haeri walked closer with troubled expression.
 
 
 

 
 
The three of them finally reached the mall at fifteen minutes to ten. They tried to dig some informations from Haeri but no avail. She kept shut. And to their defeats, they leaved 'Morning Coffee'.
 
Haeri realized that her changed behaviours made her in-laws suspicious. With that she tried to act usual. She tried to erase the memory of last night scene. Hyunjoong was right. She was an employee to him. He paid her off for everything.
 
As a worker, she should show some professionalism.
 
"They are ready for you." Eunjung held Haeri's shoulders for support when the media greeted them as they walked into the boutique. Her eyes made a quick look at the entire boutique and she admired her daughter in law deeply. Haeri was talented young woman.
 
Haeri smiled and bowed to the people, feeling totally happy and blessed and thankful. She was only able to witness these kinds of thing before. She attended several boutique launching and dreamed to experience one. And now.. She got it all. In addition, the media was here.
 
"Boss! Thank God you are here." Jiyong rushed to Haeri.
 
"We thought that you were going to be late." Shinhye approached with Jaejoong. "What's wrong with your eyes? Don't you get enough sleep?" She scowled her boss for the black shadows under her eyes.
 
Haeri touched her eyes with her finger tips and smiled. "I am fine. Not-"
 
"No you are not. And we don't have enough-"
 
"She is ok, Shin." Jaejoong interfered. "You look awesome as usual, boss. Just ignore our over reactive friend. The media is here. They are waiting for you." He walked Haeri to the center of the boutique where a small stage was placed.
 
Shinhye sighed deeply before she added,  "And the fashion show will be held after the ceremony."
 
"What ceremony?" Haeri asked her back. She tried to recall about the ceremony. But she was sure that nothing about it was mentioned. Ceremony?
 
"Your speech and the toast."
 
"My speech? Toast?" Haeri was lost.
 
"Finally.. Our star is here!"
 
In snap Haeri got all the attention. Kim Tan took her hand and brought her up to the stage. "Kim Haeri,  ladies and gentlemen. The soul behind the beauty and elegance Sparks."
 
Clapping hands echoed across the entire room. Haeri could not help to blush and smile shyly. Flashes attacked her face, taking pictures from every directions.
 
"How lovely she is, right?" Kim Tan grinned widely and winked one is his eyes to Hyunjoong who stood right next to the stage. He had this urgency to tease his best friend.
 
Haeri followed Kim Tan's sight and caught Hyunjoong's deep stare. She was paralyzed for a full second. Mixed emotions overflowed her. Luckily, she was able to gather her mind quickly. She smiled to him who didn't reply the smile.
 
From a far, two pairs of eyes watched them closely. They watched every movement that Haeri and Hyunjoong made. They witnessed how Hyunjoong kept his eyes over Haeri. They saw how Haeri tried to avoid the stare after the un-replied smile. At the end, smiles sprang on their faces.
 
"Now.. before we go to the toast. It is time for a word or two from our gorgeous Haeri."
 
"Eh.." A word or two? A speech? Ow.. she felt like running to the toilet now. She couldn't speak in front of people. She.. she was afraid for making silly mistakes. "Mr Kim, can skip the speech part?" She whispered to Kim Tan.
 
"Why?"
 
"I-" Her body shuddered in fear.
 
Hyunjoong noticed it. He saw how the crowd made her smaller, literally. So.. That was why. That the reason of her failing to make Sparks bigger than before.  She seriously had no idea of how to sell it. She had no courage to talk in front of people about it.
 
Just before he made any move, "Haeri always lose her tongue whenever she has to face more than three people." Shinhye stated as she approached her friend. "This situation is better though. The relationship of Haeri and the crowd are either speechless or fainted." She smiled to the flushed red lady.
 
"However we are here to share the stories." Jaejoong and Jiyong also climbed the stage. "We are the one who stand next to her since the beginning until this very hour. Sparks for us is not only a place to work but also a house and a dream."
 
Shinhye grabbed Haeri's hand and squeezed it shortly, earning her a thankful smile.
 
"Haeri worked hard to finally reach this very position. We saw her passionately created new designs nonstop. We witnessed her bloody fights." Jiyong grinned to giggled Haeri. "Sparks is simply Haeri."
 
"And all of you." Haeri finally said with crack voice.
 
"All the outfits here were personally designed by her. We just gave her a little help here and there." Jaejoong let out an adoring smile toward his boss.
 
Shinhye looked at Kim Tan. "You were right. Haeri is the soul behind Sparks as Sparks is her soul."
 
"And ours." Jiyong snapped while the other nodded as an agreeing gesture.
 
Shinhye, Jaejoong and Jiyong stepped down from the stage and faced Haeri. "Thank you, boss." They bowed deeply to stunned Haeri. "And congratulation." They said in unison.
 
Haeri hurriedly stepped down and hugged her beloved crews. Her tears fell to her cheeks. "Thank you. Thank you for staying. Thank you for not giving up. Thank you for everything." She mumbled as she buried her face to Shinhye's neck and her hands held Jaejoong and Jiyong.
 
They hugged her back. Even Shinhye started to shed tears too.
 
"Ji, do you cry?"
 
"What? No."
 
"Yes you are. ! That's so gay!"
 
"Oh, shut up!"
 
The four of them laughed softly while the others came to silence to witness it all. Hyunjoong stoned realizing how deep their relationship was. That woman was lucky to have such crews slash friends. Kim Tan eyed to laughed  Shinhye. She was more beautiful that way. Eunjung and Minseo wiped up their tears and smiled as they locked their eyes over Haeri. While Bona stunned to see smiling Minhyuk who stood afar from then but kept his eyes toward Haeri.
 
"I think I need that hug too." Kim Tan suddenly said. "Mind if I join?"
 
Haeri giggled. "Sorry, Mr Kim. It is only for me and my friends here."
 
"Ouch that's hurt. So I am not one of your friends?" Kim Tan stepped down and stood next to Haeri.
 
"Oh you are. But, you aren't getting any hug yet."
 
Kim Tan laughed. "Alright. Now.. shall we continue with the toast?" Kim Tan gestured her to walk back to the stage.
 
"I am more comfortable to stay here."
 
"The floor then." He clapped his hands and glasses of wine were distributed. "Haeri?"
 
She cleared and lifted her glass. "Thank you all for coming. The supports mean a lot to me." She scanned the environment and landed her sight to Minhyuk, Eunjung, Minseo, Bona, Kim Tan, her crews and Hyunjoong. "May the lights of Sparks will always able to touch you and bring out the best of you. Cheers."
 


 
 
"Congratulation, Riri."
 
"Thanks for coming, Minhyuk."
 
"Hyung said hi and he congratulated you too."
 
Smile vanished from her face. "He isn't coming?"
 
Minhyuk tapped her shoulder. “He cannot. He is still in denial that you are already married.”
 
Haeri played with her wine glass. Aisshh.. If only she wasn’t that reactive, she surely didn’t have to live this difficult situation. But again, she also wouldn’t be able to save Sparks. What a price to be paid!
 
“I have to go.” Minhyuk placed a soft kiss on her cheek. “I only took a half day off.”
 
Haeri hugged him shortly. “Thank you, Minhyuk. For everything.”
 
“If-“
 
“You will be the first person who knows what happens to me. It has been that way and will always be.”
 
Minhyuk smiled tenderly. “Take care.”
 
“I will.”
 
“See you around.”
 
Haeri waved her hands as Minhyuk walked away. She felt emptiness took place as her very best friend vanished behind the elevator doors. Ok. Be strong now. The consequence. This was the consequence she had to face.
 
“He left?”
 
Haeri turned her face and looked at Hyunjoong who approached her.
 
“Thanks God. Did you notice that the media took pictures of you and him? And if-“
 
“I’ll be more careful.” She stepped away from him.
 
Hyunjoong squinted his eyes and followed her. “Don’t you want to say anything about the launching?”
 
“Hmm.. Yes. Thank you. It was beautiful.”
 
He cocked his head a little. “That is all?”
 
“Do you expecting something else?”
 
Hyunjoong sighed deeply. “That breakfast thing with my Eomma and Noona, why didn’t you tell me?”
 
“I forgot.”
 
“Mwo?”
 
“I will tell you every single activity that I do later on.”
 
Hyunjoong felt disturbed. Haeri acted weird. “About the wedding finalization, don’t you want-“
 
“No.” Haeri faced him. She felt extremely disappointed and seriously hurt. Why should she feel that way? “If you don’t mind, I want to stay and manage the business. I have been off for days.”
 
Hyunjoong clenched his jaw. “I have this annual young entrepreneur gala tonight.”
 
Haeri nodded. “Noted. I will take a cab to head home.”
 
“I need you to come with me.”
 
“Oh, ok.”
 
"What the hell is wrong with you?"
 
"What? What is wrong with me? I am not saying anything against your will."
 
"Exactly!" Hyunjoong noticed that he felt frustrated by her flat responses. “You used to fight me.”
 
“It is not acceptable for an employee to fight her employer.”
 
“Mwo?”
 
Haeri smiled slightly. “I was just saying. I understand my position. So, don’t worry. I will be a very good employee from now on.” With that, she walked away from Hyunjoong, leaving him dumbfounded and totally confused.
 
 

 
TEASER
 
“Don’t boost your own ego, I am not after you. I just want to secure my Boss’ position.”
 
“What is that suppose to mean?”
 
“Too difficult to understand, huh? You are not that clever after all.”