(31) 7th Night

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

 

It was almost twelve in the night and Haeri was enjoying the movie at HBO when Hyunjoong arrived and directly headed to her. Because of their marriage tomorrow and the days off after, Hyunjoong had to attend serial nonstop meetings and gave his order to his trusted men. He never did this before. Even though he was on his days off, he still managed to order them through phone. But not now, not tomorrow, not when he was enjoying his honeymoon with Haeri. He chose Cyprus without Haeri’s approval. But again, he knew her. She wouldn’t mind.

 

“You are not sleeping yet.” Hyunjoong sat next to her and threw his jacket over the couch.

 

Haeri looked at him and shook her head. “I am playing good wife. I am waiting for you.”

 

Hyunjoong raised one of his brows. “Really?”

 

Haeri laughed. “Of course not. Can’t you see? I am watching THOR here.” She appointed to the screen.

 

“Tsk.” He pressed his tired body over the couch and closed his eyes.

 

Haeri eyed to him and noticed that he was beyond tired. “Do you need anything?”

 

“Hm-“

 

“Hyunjoong?”

 

“I just want to sleep here.” He mouthed without opening his eyes.

 

“You better freshen up and sleep at the bed.” She suggested.

 

“On second thought.” He opened his eyes and glanced at Haeri. “I think I need a cup of chamomile tea.”

 

“Chamomile Tea?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“If you don’t mind.” He smiled weakly.

 

Haeri stayed still for the next seconds before she finally stood up and walked toward the kitchen. If he was acting like an like he used to, she would say no. But since he asked nicely, she couldn’t help to comply. Haeri narrowed her eyes, something was wrong with her head. That was for sure.

 

After preparing the tea, she walked back to the living room and found Hyunjoong sleeping peacefully over the couch. She sighed deeply but smiling after. Haeri put the cup over the coffee table and approached Hyunjoong.

 

“Stupid.” She muttered. “Told you to clean yourself and sleep at the bed.” Haeri downed to her knees and carefully opened up Hyunjoong’s shoes and socks. After she was done, Haeri undid the cufflinks and loosened his shirt.  For being too close to him, she stoned to see how handsome he was when he was sleeping. She failed to notice it every time they argued for something silly. But now, Haeri gulped hard and unconsciously brought her right hand to caress his hairs then down to his strong jaw. 

 

Her heart beat frantically. It was almost like it was going to explode. Out of nowhere, her breath labored. Ok. This was weird. She stopped her hand and tilted her head. Haeri felt the urgency to laugh due to her silly attitude. How could she do that?

 

In sudden, Hyunjoong moved his arms and caught Haeri on her waist. Without warning, he crushed her toward him and embraced her tightly.

 

“Yah!” Haeri shouted in shock.

 

Hyunjoong smiled and placed his face on the valley of her neck. “I thought you were going to kiss me. I was waiting you know?”

 

Hearing that, Haeri simply colored her face with deep red. “I was not-“

 

“I knew you wouldn’t. You and your ego.”

 

Haeri snorted and pushed him with no avail. Hyunjoong locked her even more.

 

“I need this. I am exhausted.” Hyunjoong comfortably put his head on her shoulder.

 

“But-“

 

“You are soft.” Hyunjoong mumbled as he grinned widely and intentionally rubbed his chest with hers.

 

Realizing his intention, Haeri pinched him hard on his cheek.

 

“YAAAHHH!!!” Hyunjoong shouted and released her. “It will leave mark!” He protested.

 

Haeri stuck her tongue out. “You and your dirty mind!” She snapped.

 

Hyunjoong rubbed his cheek but smirked playfully. “Quite big and tender.” He eyed on Haeri’s s. “I believe it looks lovely and tastes divine too.”

 

“HEEYYY!!” She closed her chest with both hands. “Seriously Hyunjoong, do you want me to give you a good kick on your face?!” Haeri stood up.

 

Hyunjoong laughed out loud and grabbed the tea cup. “Thanks.” He said before he sipped the tea, savoring it.

 

Haeri watched him carefully before took a seat next to him, again watching the movie, trying to ease herself because of the before scene. Tsk that man! He was annoying alright.

 

“Ah.” Hyunjoong sighed in satisfaction after he finished the tea. “Delicious.” He put down the cup again.

 

Haeri glimpsed toward him but resuming her watch again. “Go and take a bath. You smell bad.”

 

“I never smell bad. I always smell awesome. Anyway, how is your day?”

 

“My day?” Haeri turned her face. “Eh, speaking about my day. Your Harabeoji came over.”

 

Hyunjoong’s eyes widened. “Harabeoji?”

 

Haeri nodded.

 

“What for?”

 

Haeri shrugged her shoulders. “Talking with me.”

 

“Mwo?”

 

“He said that he wanted to talk with me. He also said that he might give his blessing for our wedding tomorrow.”

 

“Well, that was weird.”

 

Haeri nodded again, agreed. “Totally. And-”

 

“And?”

 

Haeri put this face before she resumed, “I ended up telling him everything.”

 

“Everything?”

 

“About us.”

 

“About us?”

 

“Since the beginning.”

 

Hyunjoong stoned. Oh, crap!

 

“I am sorry.”

 

Hyunjoong took a deep breath as he was thinking hard. Alright.. He knew. What would come next? Would he- No. It was too calm anyway. If he told his parents, if he told Minseo.. It wouldn’t be this quiet. And, about the wedding tomorrow-

 

“Hyunjoong? What is- Did I- I was being stupid, huh?” Haeri sounded sad. Seeing Hyunjoong’s reaction, she knew that she made mistakes. A terrible one.

 

“No. It is just-“ Hyunjoong rubbed his face.

 

“Hyunjoong-“ Haeri reached for Hyunjoong’s arm.

 

He looked at her worried face and smiled. “Well, you know how crazy he can be. And if tomorrow-“ He held back Haeri’s hand. “Promise me that you will stay whatever happens tomorrow.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Hyunjoong smirked. “I guess I am just nervous.”

 

Haeri squinted her eyes. She knew that it was not about being nervous. “I cannot promise that I will stay tomorrow if something happens.”

 

He wiped up his smile. “Why?”

 

“Well, if we want to make this works, you have to tell me about everything that bothers you. I prefer to know the worst than live in beautiful dream.” She took her hand from him. “It takes two to tango. Both of us should fight this war together.”

 

After few seconds, Hyunjoong let out long and heavy breath that he unconsciously held. “That was such an awesome speech.”

 

Haeri smacked his head.

 

“Ouch!”

 

“Silly! I was being serious!” She pouted.

 

Hyunjoong grinned playfully. “I am sorry, ok?”

 

“Tsk.”

 

“Anyway..” Hyunjoong pressed his back to the couch as his eyes stared up to the ceiling. “What a funny life we have here, don’t you think? It is like God plays with us and twists us, throwing us up and down. And, it is all happen in seven days only. But-“ He turned his face and gazed deeply into Haeri’s eyes. “From all the women that touched my life, you- I have this feeling- this strong feeling that you will stay. That somehow I will never let you go. This feeling- I cannot explain it. I just feel it.”

 

Haeri felt strange kind of warmth spread all over her. “Really?”

 

Hyunjoong nodded once.

 

“Well-“ Haeri blushed furiously. “I- I feel- Hm-“ She cleared . “The same. I feel the same.” She finally said. “I even cannot- I forget about Jihwan Oppa already.”

 

Hyunjoong’s smile grew wider. “This soon?”

 

“Ah, shut up!” She glared at him.

 

Hyunjoong lifted his both hands, giving her ‘I give up’ gesture. “But, I am happy to hear that.”

 

Haeri snorted.

 

“So, are we going to kiss now?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Do I have to give you reason for kissing you?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Ah, you are no fun.”

 

Haeri ignored him and paid her attention back to the movie just to find it reaching its end. “NOOO!! It is all because of you!!” She shouted.

 

“What?”

 

“I skipped the end part of it!”

 

Hyunjoong laughed. “I’ll buy the CD for you.”

 

“Tomorrow!”

 

“Tomorrow is our wedding day.”

 

“Alright then. I want it now!”

 

Hyunjoong shook his head and chuckled. “Annoying brat.”

 

“Stupid !” She barked back.

 

He laughed as he realized he never as in NEVER this comfortable with other women beside Haeri. So yeah.. She was the one. Hyunjoong stood up and turned off the TV. “Let’s go.”

 

“To where?”

 

He grabbed her hand and dragged her up. “Sleeping.”

 

“Don’t think-“

 

He flicked her forehead lovingly. “I won’t.” And he headed to the bedroom with their hands connected.

 

 



 

Fyi, I am going to finish this story in max 2 or 3 more chaps. Be ready.