(30) 6th Day (2/2)

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

 

“Thanks for the ride, Mr Kang.” Bona said as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

 

“You called me Minhyuk before.”

 

“Eh?” She turned her face and looked at Minhyuk.

 

“I like you to call me by my name.” Minhyuk finally said. He felt his cheeks were heated but he tried to ignore it.

 

“Uhm..”

 

“If you don’t mind.” He resumed.

 

Bona shook her head. “I don’t mind. But, I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable. You wanted professional things between us and I understood. So-“

 

“I don’t see unprofessional way by calling each other’s first name.”

 

Bona tilted and smiled. “Alright then, Minhyuk. I’ll give a call about the schedule.”

 

Minhyuk nodded. “Thank you once again. You helped me a lot.”

 

“Don’t mention it. Besides,” Bona opened the car door. “I hate to let Mr Kim down. This blueprint is important. And believe me, it still far from perfect for him.”

 

Minhyuk gasped. “Really?”

 

Bona chuckled and nodded. “I know him. He felt ok but.. It was far from perfect. His bar is too high. Almost impossible. But, he has his own reasons and ways.”

 

Minhyuk stunned to see her sparkling eyes when she talked about her boss. She adored him. The way she praised him- The way she saw him- A pang of jealousy attacked Minhyuk’s heart out of nowhere. Damn it!

 

Bona noticed Minhyuk’s annoyed expression. “I see him the way a subordinate should. Don’t have false assumption. And please.. It is not that he s every woman. He leaves his team untouched.”

 

Minhyuk cleared his throat groggily. “I was not-“

 

“I am going now. See you soon.” With that, she stepped away from the car and closed the door behind her slowly.

 

Minhyuk watched Bona walked into lobby gracefully before he left the place.

 

“If I am not mistaken, that is Haeri’s best buddy.” Kim Tan stated after he approached Bona at the lobby. He watched the scene inside with high curiosity. When a man tried to hold a woman staying in the car longer that she should, it meant that he basically didn’t want her to leave.

 

“Yes, Mr Kim.”

 

Kim Tan smirked. “It seems that your mission is accomplished.”

 

Bona smiled. “I believe so.”

 

“But, be careful Bona.”

 

Bona looked up at Tan. “You were saying?”

 

“Or we will end up like Hyunjoong.”

 

Bona crashed her brows. Like Mr Kim Hyunjoong? What was that mean?

 

“Unconsciously, we see them the way we shouldn’t. Unconsciously, we assume them special.” Kim Tan met his eyes to Bona’s. “Unconsciously, we want to know them better.” He chuckled. “Well, I do. That woman with glasses, that not-my-type woman, that cold yet attractive woman.. She makes me wonder.” His stare softened when he remembered Shinhye. “Maybe for ungrateful people like us, people like them are the ones that we need. Don’t you think?”

 

“Uhm-“ Bona was speechless. She had no idea how to answer the question.

 

“You don’t have to answer that, Bona. I just wanted to state my silly mind.” He shoved his hands into his pockets. “I want to see Hyunjoong.” Kim Tan started to walk toward the elevator.

 

“He was having lunch with Mrs Kim. I am not sure that he is here yet.”

 

“Then, I am going to take a look.”

 

 


 

 

Haeri opened the apartment door slowly. She wanted to visit Sparks but Hyunjoong told her no. He talked about her should take a rest for the wedding tomorrow and she didn’t feel like arguing him, so here she was.

 

“Mrs Kim, Grand Master Kim is waiting for you at the library.” Minhwa Ahjumma greeted her after she closed the door behind.

 

“Appa?”

 

“No.”

 

Haeri’s body tensed up when she realized who Minhwa Ahjumma referred to. Who else? The greatest Harabeoji Kim! Haeri gritted her teeth, suddenly feeling pissed off. What now? Another insult?

 

Haeri was almost heading to the room, deciding to ignore the old man. But again, she was going to marry Hyunjoong tomorrow. If she couldn’t handle him now, in the future things were going to be worse. She had this feeling.

 

“Keep your ears on the door, Ahjumma.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Haeri walked toward the study. “If you hear me screaming, call Hyunjoong. Tell him to come and rescue me from a lunatic.”

 

“Hah?” Minhwa Ahjumma’s jaw dropped hearing the statement while Haeri left her behind.

 

 


 

Haeri chanted prayers before she knocked the door and opened it. Her eyes met Harabeoji Kim’s directly. He was waiting over the long couch and Haeri approached him carefully.

 

“If you come to say something bad about me or my husband, again.. Please.. Don’t waste your energy.” She sat in front of him on a single couch.

 

Harabeoji Kim smirked slightly. “You have courage.”

 

Haeri nodded without hesitate. “I married your grandson, remember?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Silence filled the room. Minutes passed and Haeri began to feel nervous. “And, why you are here?”

 

“I am not allowed to come to my grandson’s place?”

 

“You want to see Hyunjoong? He is not here. He is at office. You should go there instead of coming here.”

 

“I am also not allowed to see his wife?”

 

Haeri’s eyes narrowed. “You want me to leave Hyunjoong?” She stated her conclusion.

 

Harabeoji Kim laughed.

 

“What?”
 

“No.” He answered after his laughter easing down.

 

“Then?”

 

“I may give my blessing for you to remarry Hyunjoong tomorrow.”

 

“And, it is not for free, I believe.”

 

Harabeoji Kim shook his head. “No. It is not.”

 

Haeri snorted. “Figure.”

 

“Tell me, Haeri.”

 

“Tell you?”

 

“I want to know all about you.”

 

“Me?”

 

“Yes.” He looked at his wristwatch. “I am have exactly two hours, starting now.”

 

“You can’t be serious.”

 

“Oh, I am.”

 

“There is nothing I can tell about me.”

 

“I know there is. I want to know. Why Hyunjoong fought me for you.”

 

“Huh?”

 

 


 

 

“You are here.” Hyunjoong said after he saw Kim Tan sat comfortably over his black couch.

 

“Yes.” Kim Tan smirked. “How was your lunch?”
 

“Great.” Hyunjoong sat in front of his best friend.

 

“I am sure it was. And, how is the preparation for tomorrow?”

 

“Eomma takes care of it. And, Minseo Noona.”

 

“Consider it done then.”  Kim Tan took his cup of coffee.

 

Hyunjoong rubbed his face before he chuckled.

 

Tan raised one of his brows. “What are you laughing at?”

 

“Me.”

 

“You?” Tan suddenly felt interested.

 

“I don’t recognize me for these last few days.”

 

Tan snorted and sipped his coffee again. “And, you can’t tell why?”

 

“I can. Unbelievable, huh? I know exactly why am I behaving like this and yet I find it fun.”

 

“That is good to hear.”

 

“Tan, don’t you find it disturbing?”

 

“What?”

 

“Me, like this.”

 

“Nope.” He emptied his cup in one go and put the cup back to the coffee table. “I talked to Seunghyun. We know that Haeri is different. Good kind of different. Especially for you. So.. Yeah.. We are ok with it.”

 

“Yes. You are right. She is different.”

 

“She is the only one who stays after living under the same roof with you for almost a week.”

 

Hyunjoong smirked. “She values herself. And, it is not that I am not lusting for her- But, I want to do it right.”

 

“She is your wife already.”

 

“In front of law, not God.” Hyunjoong smirked playfully. “Tomorrow night- I can’t guarantee- Tan, I am going to devour her wholly.”

 

“Gezz, Hyunjoong!”

 

Hyunjoong laughed and looked down to his crotch area. It was ballooning when imagined things he was going to do with Haeri. “Easy boy.”

 

“That is embarrassing!”

 

“What can I do? I haven’t had a release for days!”

 

“Pathetic! Call Chaerin! She’ll give you an excellent !”

 

Hyunjoong shook his head. “I promised Haeri that I will be a faithful husband.”

 

“That.was.not.happening.”