(12) 3rd Night (1/2)

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

Haeri and Hyunjoong spent the whole noon with Eunjung, Minseo and Hyuna. The three ladies did their things, arranging the wedding while Hyunjoong and Haeri just watched them from a far but also had no chance to walk away. Hours. It took them hours. But, they felt like weeks. As the result, they felt extremely tired at their way back to the apartment. Totally exhausted.

"We cannot move back, can we?" Haeri said with closed eyes, surrendering. Now the only option was taking it. There was no longer leaving it. They were stuck with the situation that they created.

Hyunjoong sighed deeply. "No."

Haeri opened her eyes and turned her face to Hyunjoong. At the same time, Hyunjoong gazed back at her. "I am sorry, Hyunjoong. I am sorry for my reckless behavior. Putting you and I in this silly situation. If I could turn back time.." She held her tongue. If she could turn back time.. She had no idea what would she do.

Hyunjoong curled his lips up. "No need, Haeri. I need this too, remember?" He looked back to the dark streets. "You need my money. Apparently, I need my position. So, your reckless behavior brought positive impacts over me. It will save my position. And, in return, I will grant your wishes."

"You were saying.. This whole absurd thing benefits both of us?"

"Yes. It benefits both of us. In a very strange way. Me fight for my position is clearly understandable. But you.. A boutique.. Only a small boutique. Why?"


Haeri shook her head. "Sparks is not only a small boutique, Hyunjoong. Sparks is my past, my recent and future life. It is my dream, my home, my everything." She smiled. "It is all that I have now. Without Sparks, I am nothing. I am back to level 0."

Hyunjoong glanced to Haeri who stared blankly to the street. She was on her deep thought.

"If I lose it.. If I give up on it.. I'll disappoint lots of people. Especially me." Haeri looked back at Hyunjoong. And again, their eyes met. "I'll disappoint me."

"It means a lot to you."

"Deeply."

"Well.. Since it means a lot to you. It means a lot to me too."
Hyunjoong smirked.

"Huh?"

"You are my wife now, Haeri. Your dream is also mine. We will make Sparks big. Bigger than now. It will reach its biggest achievement. I will support you with all I have."
Hyunjoong stated.

Haeri narrowed her eyes. She just knew that Hyunjoong would mock her up. "Why do I have this feeling that you are making fun of me?"

Hyunjoong laughed out loud. "Gosh, you are hard. You know, my sweet talking never failed before. Women would be down to their knees after I chose my cheesy lines."

"That was because you always chose wrong women. You chose easy and cheap ones."

"That's harsh, Wifey. I have standards."

"Standards? Yeah.. Right. I really want to see one of your exs. How many exactly? Uncountable?"

"More than thirty, that's for sure."

"Thirt-"
Haeri gasped. "What an achievement!"

"That's right!"


Haeri squinted her eyes. "Have you checked? Maybe-"

"I am clean, thank you very much. Safety is my number one rule."

"Are you sure?"

"I just did my annual checkup last month. And yes, to your luck, I am clean. Totally."

"Oh. Ok."
Haeri looked back to the street. Why should they discuss that anyway?

"Hae-"


 


Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose
Jigeumeun areumdapgetjiman
Nalkaroun gasiro neol apeuge halgeol

Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose
Geurae nan hyanggiropgetjiman
Gakkai halsurok neol dachige halgeol

 



Haeri's phone rang in snap, making Hyunjoong stopped his statement. Haeri lazily grabbed her phone and looked at the caller ID. Minnie. Smile sprang automatically over her face. "Minniiieeeeee!!" She exclaimed happily the moment her phone reached her ear, making Hyunjoong glimpsed to her in swift motion.

"Riri, I miss you! I feel like dying for not seeing you a day."

Haeri giggled. "So cheesy! Dying for not seeing me? Like really?"

Hyunjoong scoffed, irritated. But, Haeri paid no attention to him.

Minhyuk laughed at the other side. But in sudden, his laughter vanished. "How are you? Are you ok?" He asked in such serious tone. "I know that Jihwan Hyung-"

"Since you brought up that topic, I wonder. How did he know about my address? You told him, huh? How many beans that you spilled?"

"Wait, Haeri! I can explain."

"Yes. Please do so."

"But, I prefer to see you directly. You know that I hate serious talking over the phone. Dinner? At our usual? I will pick you up. Just tell me where you are now. I came to the boutique earlier but Jiyong said that you didn't come."

"Uhmm.. Wait."
Haeri looked at Hyunjoong. "Could you please-"

"What for?"
Hyunjoong cut her up.

"Minhyuk invited me to dinner and I-"

"No. You are not allowed."
Hyunjoong answered quickly.

"But-"

Hyunjoong turned his face to Haeri. "We are going to Busan tomorrow morning. Early in the morning. We will have our dinner at the apartment." And after that, he threw back his sight to the street.

Haeri stunned for few seconds. What the hell was wrong with him? A minute before, he was so nice and now he acted like an . Jerk! Oh yeah.. He was a jerk anyway. "Minnie.."

"Yeah. I heard it, Riri. No worry. But, you are ok, right? I mean-"

"I am fine. Totally. Nothing I can't handle."

"Glad to hear that."

"Minhyuk?"

"Hm?"

"Please, take care of Jihwan Oppa. I am worried for him."


Again, Hyunjoong snorted. Loudly. Haeri glimpsed at him, annoyed.

"Haeri, you were wrong. Both of us were wrong. Jihwan Oppa.. He was and is in love with you."

Haeri dropped her head to the seat and closed her eyes tight. This morning memory filled her mind fully. Yes. He mentioned that. He even said that he wanted her as his wife. "Yes, Minhyuk. I know. And I.. I cannot.." She shook her head a little.

"Had you explained to him?"

"Hm? Minnie, you know that-"
Haeri snapped her eyes opened and turned her face to Hyunjoong who already took her phone, cut the line and put it on his left pants' pocket. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Haeri yelled.

Hyunjoong shrugged his shoulders ignorantly. "Your conversation hurt my ears."

"MWO?! Hurt your- What the , Hyunjoong?!" Haeri tried to reach her phone.

But, Hyunjoong blocked her. He smacked Haeri's hand hard. "Don't you dare! Do you want us to die?"

"Why did you do that? I was talking to someone important!"
Haeri shouted.

"Silence, Haeri. Or I will lose my focus in driving." Hyunjoong said flatly.

"Ugh! You are unbelievable! Sick bastard!" Haeri folded her hands over her chest.


 


Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose
Jigeumeun areumdapgetjiman
Nalkaroun gasiro neol apeuge halgeol

Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose
Geurae nan hyanggiropgetjiman
Gakkai halsurok neol dachige halgeol

 



Haeri glanced at Hyunjoong who kept on staring to the street. She definitely felt unease. She knew that it was Minhyuk who called. The song of Lee Hi - Rose filled the entire car continuously.

Hyunjoong smirked. "Nice ringtone."

Haeri snorted cynically and threw her sight to the street. This man was going to be dead. Totally dead. She would get her revenge. Bastard! Haeri cursed endlessly. Her fingers formed into strong fists until her knuckles turned white.

Silenced Haeri caught Hyunjoong's curiosity. He glimpsed at Haeri but she ignored him. Her phone kept on ringing but Haeri didn't make any moves to claim her phone back. However, she understood that it would endanger their lives. Hyunjoong let out his victorious smirk.

 

 


 

"And, he is still here?” Jaejoong eyed to Kim Tan who sat over the couch inside Haeri's office. “Why do I have this feeling that he is after you, Shin?”
 
Shinhye followed Jaejoong's sight and sighed deeply. Yeah.. That was obvious. She could tell that she was his target. Behind all of his professional acts, he kept on trying to go into her skin. But again, her defense was unquestionable. It was thick and strong.
 
“The famous womanizer, Kim Tan, tries to get your attention. Cool!” Jiyong grinned.
 
Shinhye snorted. She would never be one of his collection trophies. Not a chance!
 
“Hear my advice.” Jaejoong gained Shinhye’s full attention. “Don’t make it easy for him. Make it hard. And, he is all yours in no time.”
 
“Tsk! What you were saying? I have no interest to man like him.”
 
“Why?” Jiyong protested. “OH.MY.GOD!” He said dramatically: putting his hands on his cheeks, widened eyes and parted lips. “Park Shinhye.. Don’t tell me that you are a lesbian?!” Jiyong shook his head forcefully. Gosh, he was such a drama king! “Man like him doesn’t make you feel hot?”
 
Shinhye rolled her eyes. “I am not a lesbian, Ji.” She smacked Jiyong’s head. “I just have good taste.”
 
Jiyong and Jaejoong laughed wholeheartedly.
 
“And?”
 
“He is far from that. Totally.”
 
“Hmm.. How about this? A challenge!” Jiyong smirked.
 
“A challenge?”
 
Jiyong nodded and looked at Jaejoong, giving him a meaningful stare. “An easy one. I know that he is already at your mercy.” Jiyong appointed to Shinhye’s nose. “A kiss. Tonight. And, I’ll pay your apartment rental fee for next month.”
 
Jaejoong chuckled. “In addition, I’ll treat you dinner for a whole week.”
 
Jiyong smirked mischievously. “Come on, Shin. You have to prove us that you are not a lesbian. That you are normal and you kiss men.”
 
“My hymen is still intact, but I do kiss men.”
 
Jaejoong and Jiyong let out similar playful grins. “Prove it.” They said in unison.
 

 


 

Sorry.. A short one. The previous teaser will come in the following chap :)
Thanks