(16) 4th Night (1/2)

It takes TWO TO TANGO
 
 
Bona glimpsed to her wristwatch impatiently. "Oh, come on!" She hissed between her teeth in annoyance. Waiting was never there on her live journal. Never! And now.. Due to the task that Kim Tan gave her, she had to wait for the man who showed no interest toward her. This is the last time! She swore to herself. This is the last time she would ever let someone steps over her pride!


Click.


Finally!

Bona propped the way she stood and faced to the opened door. One by one the meeting participants stepped out.

"Bona?" Jose, General Marketing Office Director, greeted her. "Were you waiting for me? Mr Kim needed anything from me?"

Bona smiled professionally and shook her head. "No, Sir. It was me. I had this errand with Kang Minhyuk."

"Oh. Alright then. I am leaving now."


Bona bowed respectfully and Jose walked away. She sensed that Minhyuk hadn't stepped out from the meeting room. Hurriedly, she approached it. And, to her prediction, she found Minhyuk and Heejoo talked and laughed together. Hmm.. So, the news was right. It stated that Heejoo was after him.

"How about dinner together?" Heejoo asked, making Minhyuk's laughter vanished in snap.

Bona chuckled to herself. Wrong move, Heejoo! He was not that kind of man. Ah, too bad! He definitely had no interest toward you anymore. However, that would be Bona's luck. She smirked and knocked the door few times, enough to get their attentions.

"Bona?" Heejoo asked.

Bona smiled sweetly. "Hi! Sorry for disturbing." She shifted her sight to expressionless Minhyuk. "I supposed you were done. I was waiting for you. Come on. Or we'll be late."

"Eh, you are going with her?"
Heejoo asked to Minhyuk. "To where?"

Instead of answering, Minhyuk cooked his head a little, expecting more explanations from Bona. He believed he had nothing to do with Lee Bona.

"Don't tell me that you forget?!" Bona exclaimed in disbelief. "We are going to see Haeri's new boutique. Oh." She clapped her hands. "Or, you prefer to go with Heejoo? I will just tell her. I am sure she'll understand."

Haeri's new boutique? He was able to see his best friend? He couldn't let the chance go. Just before Bona turned her body, "No wait." Minhyuk rushed to her. "I am going with you."

"Are you sure?" Bona glimpsed to irritated Heejoo.

"Yes." Minhyuk answered firmly.

"Or.. How if.." Heejoo approached them. "How if I come along?"

"No."
Minhyuk answered fast. He missed Haeri. Plus, he wanted to talk to her, alone. They had lots of thing to be caught up. Dealing with Bona was unquestionable hard. He didn't need another hurdle. He looked at disappointed Heejoo. "Some other times." Then, just like that, he walked away.

Bona shrugged but then smirked widely in victory. "So sorry, Hee. Leaving now."

"You better leave him, Bona. He is mine."

"Ow! Did I hear it right?"
Bona shoved her hairs from her ear. "Yours? Tsk. I don't think so, hon."

"Lee Bona!"
Minhyuk shouted from the elevator. "Hurry up!"

"See."
Bona giggled. "Bye." She walked elegantly toward the elevator, making Heejoo burned in anger.

Oh, she loved it. And, she didn't mind to wait anymore after this. If pissing Han Heejoo was on the list. That acted as if she was the queen. Well, she had to learn that she was nothing as in NOTHING. Not when Lee Bona was around.

"Don't praise yourself. I am going with you just because of Haeri. She is my goal. Not you." Minhyuk said just after the elevator's doors closed. He noticed the game those women played.

Bona put her hand over her chest. "Oh, believe me, Sir. I won't dare." She giggled slightly.

And, believed him.. Kang Minhyuk didn't buy anything that she said.



 




BRAK!

Hyunjoong sighed deeply when he found Haeri still lay on her stomach over the bed. She hadn't changed her outfits. She seemed no interest to do anything. She buried her face over the pillow and moved her legs up and down. "Haeri, come on. Don't you want to see your new boutique?"

Haeri shook her head. "It isn't mine anymore." She answered shortly.

His eyes widened in surprise. "You can't be serious." Hyunjoong walked closer to her and sat at the edge of her bed. "Kim Haeri-"

Haeri snapped her head up. "It's Jung Haeri." Then, she dropped back her face over the pillow.

Again, Hyunjoong sighed. "Don't play victim now, Haeri. You started this, remember."

"I regret it now."

"What you said in front of Harabeoji-"

"I regret it now too."

"Haeri-"


Haeri turned her body, lying on her back. "I am so dead."

"Well, I guess.. If you plan to cut all the stories.. Make it two."
Hyunjoong managed himself lying next to Haeri. And, she was willingly share the bed. "I am so dead too. I'll lose the position, the money, my family's trust and I'll become the headline for weeks."

"Hm.. You are damned."


Hyunjoong snorted. "You tell me."

Haeri's eyes wander around. She was memorizing, calculating.. Reconsidering. "I.. I don't.." She sighed deeply.

"So.. Why me?"

"Hm?"

"Why did you choose me? There was Kim Tan, right? And other rich men. Why me?"
He kept on wondering. And, he felt like asking it now.

Haeri pulled the pillow under her head and hugged it tight as she laid on her beside, facing Hyunjoong. "Let's just say.. You were accidentally be at the wrong time and the wrong place.. So, it was you."

Hyunjoong chuckled then he also turned his body, facing her, lying on his side. "So, I wasn't the first choice?"

"Oh you were."
Haeri smirked. "As the matter of fact, you were the reason I took the decision."

"Really?"
He sounded proud.

Haeri giggled and nodded. "But.. I guessed I took the wrong decision." She sighed deeply.

Hyunjoong smiled and lifted his hand, placing it over Haeri's head. "I don't think so. Your silly act helped me out, you know. It gave me hope. But again.. If you planned to amend the decision.. Then.." Both of them stared at each other deeply. "I guessed you were right." He took his hand from her head and moved his body up. "We cannot hurt the one who love and trust us. We should tell them the truth." Hyunjoong smiled in defeat and walked slowly toward the door.

Haeri witnessed it all. She was seriously able to imagine him losing the position, losing the job, losing the thing that he seriously loved. She read from the news how he fought hard for the company. He was young. But, he was the one who tripled it. "You did that on purpose!"

Hyunjoong grinned to himself and wiped up the smile before he turned his body. "What?" He asked innocently.

"Alright!" She scoffed, stood up from the bed and stomped to the bathroom. "I'll get ready." She slammed the door hard.

Hyunjoong walked backward slowly and closed Haeri"s door. Once he was sure that it was safe, he laughed out loud and gave the best victory dance he had. That kitten couldn't stand sadness. Her stubborn head would melt with tenderness.  Haeri, watch out! He knew your weakness already.



 




"Wait wait wait! There she comes."

"Oh, she'll love this. Definitely."

"She'll scream!"

"This is her dream comes true."

"How could he-"

"He is her husband."

"How could he be-"

"Shut!"


Haeri's smile sprung as she watched her friends from a far. All of them were there: Minhyuk, Shinhye, Jaejoong and Jiyong. Then.. Huff.. Her smile vanished. How was he? How was Jihwan Oppa? She taught of him sadly. He should be here too. He was also her best friend despite they were ex.

"Yours." Hyunjoong placed his hand securely over her back and lead her walked into the boutique.

Haeri blinked her eyes few times in shock before she opened it as wide as possible. Oh my God! How could he.. This was so PERFECT! This was definitely her dream boutique! OH MY GOD!!



OH MY GOD!!



Then, BRAK! She passed out.



Luckily, Hyunjoong was there to catch her up.

"HAERI!!" All of her friends rushed to her.

Minhyuk helped Hyunjoong to put her over the couch. "Don't worry. She passed out when she was in shock." Minhyuk whispered to worry Hyunjoong. He already witnessed her black out for.. Well.. This was her ninth time actually. He made a mental count.

"What kind of disease that is?!" Hyunjoong protested.

"That is not a disease. It is just-" Minhyuk sighed deeply and decided to say nothing to Hyunjoong in front of others. However, it was Haeri's thing. And, it wasn't for public.

Hyunjoong squinted his eyes and stared suspiciously toward Minhyuk. "You better tell me."

"Not now."
Minhyuk took out a small bottle of peppermint fragrance that he prepared special for Haeri. He opened the bottle and moved it closer to her nose. Slowly, he caressed Haeri's forehead with his thumb. "Riri.. Riri, wake up."

Hyunjoong narrowed his eyes even more. Riri? What the heck?! And, why him-

"Hey." Minhyuk smiled warmly as he noticed that Haeri was back from her shock.

"Minnie." Haeri mumbled softly.

Hyunjoong gritted his teeth. Oh, he didn't like this. He scanned the neighborhood and took note that her friends were use to the sight, but not his. Kim Tan raised one of his brows while Bona practically glared to the couple over the couch.

Minhyuk helped Haeri to sit and he managed himself next to her. "Feeling better?"

"Gosh, I was embarrassing myself."
She buried her face over Minhyuk chest.

Minhyuk, Shinhye, Jaejoong and Jiyong chuckled in unison while the rest widened their eyes in shock.

Seeing his best friend irritated face, "Jagiya, you should bring Haeri something to drink. It will freshen her." Kim Tan said to Shinhye.

Haeri turned her face in snap. "Jagiya?" She looked at Shinhye who threw her sight at anything else but Haeri. "Shin?"

"Ehm.."
Shinhye glimpsed to shocked Haeri and moved her eyes to Jiyong and Jaejoong who looked back at her helplessly. Oh, ! Damn that Kim Tan. "No-"

"Yes, Haeri."
Kim Tan grabbed Shinhye's waist. "She has been my Jagiya since last night." He winked to knowing Bona. "Don't you approve? Beside.. Does Shinhye need your approval to date me?"

"No. It is just-"
Haeri tried to stand up and Minhyuk automatically helped her. "Shinhye, you and me. Now." She rushed to Shinhye with unpredictable strength and dragged her away from the crowd.

"Haeri-"

"Tell me."
Haeri leaned against the wall, seeking for support. "Him, Shin?"

"Wait.. There was misunderstanding."

"Tell me. Gosh! He is as bad as Hyunjoong, you know? Stupid, Shinhye!”
 
“Don’t stupid me! You are worse. You married the bastard.”


Haeri groaned in frustration. "I know. But, I have reason."

"You tell me."

"I can't."

"Do you seriously sell your body to save the boutique?"

"What? No!"
Not yet. Haeri resumed mentally. Well, she had practically sold her lips. Upper lips. Wait! Have some dignity, Haeri! You were not a e! How could you even think about that?! She made a promise for not giving up her lower lips for any price!

"Then?"

Haeri tapped her forehead with her fingertips. Should she tell Shinhye about all? But.. That wasn't wise. In addition, she was with Kim Tan now and it was too risky. Haeri placed her hands over Shinhye's shoulders. "Just don't open your legs for him. Promise me."

"Haeri.. You are underestimating me."
Shinhye smirked. "Don't worry. I have my back."

Haeri smiled knowingly. Of course she knew her best friend slash staff. "Good. Now.." She looked at Hyunjoong who talked seriously with Kim Tan from a far. And, Shinhye followed suit. "Let's see what can we do with them?"

Shinhye tilted her head a little. "Obviously money is related."

"Exactly."
Haeri answered fast.



 

 

Facing Writer's block on ONTD so I decided to update this one *smirks*

 


TEASER

"I'll give you special incentive to keep him away from her. Tonight will be the last, Lee Bona. Don't let me down."

"Noted, Sir. I'll keep Kang Minhyuk away from your wife. I am sorry for letting you down, Sir. So sorry."

"See it this way, Bona. When you nail him, you'll beat that Han Heejoo, your number one enemy. So, don't make our boss questions your capabilities."