(33) 7th Day

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

 

Hyunjoong ran out from the church and saw Minseo Noona ran to the other side of the building. His instinct told him that Haeri was heading that way: their dressing room. Goddammit woman! Why you ran away? Hyunjoong felt confused but also feared the possibilities that she might change her mind. She looked ok last night.

 

"Haeri?" Minseo knocked the closed door consistently. "Please open up."

 

No answer.

 

When Hyunjoong reached the place, Minseo gazed up at him. "What happened?"

 

Did he hear anger in her voice? She thought that he ed up again? If only she knew.. Wanting to keep his heart calm, he decided to ignore her. Hyunjoong walked directly toward the door and tried to open it. But due to his prediction, it was locked. He pressed his right ear upon the door, hoping that he would not hear her crying.

 

A second.

 

Two seconds.

 

Three seconds.

 

There was no sob from inside. Hyunjoong sighed in relief. After he chanted prayers, he knocked the door softly. "Haeri, we can talk about this." He started to talk. "Your uncertainty.. Believe me. I feel it too. I mean-" He smiled as he put his palm upon the door. "I choose you over those hot ladies. I may regret, you know."

 

"Yah!" Minseo hissed.

 

Hyunjoong chuckled. "But, it takes two to tango, remember? You said we had to fight this war together." His heart moved wildly as he said that. He sounded pathetic, right? The greatest Kim Hyunjoong pleaded to a woman. "So, you have to tell me what bothers you. You can't just run away from me. Worse on our wedding day. Worst in front of other people and media. Please.. You taint my perfect image!"

 

"Hyunjoong-" Minseo warned him.

 

He smiled warmly imagining that Haeri was smiling on the other side. Nobody knew that it was them. It was their special kind of relationship. No one understood. "Haeri please.. Open up. Please.."

 

Minseo looked around and saw that their families and close friends were nearby. They had the same expression: worried.

 

Minhyuk wanted to approach Hyunjoong but Bona held him. "Let them." She said as she looked up to him.

 

"But-"

 

"You are aware that it is them. They have to sort it off."

 

Minhyuk glanced to the closed door, unease. He knew. He knew that Bona was right. It was their problem but still.. Haeri was like a dongsaeng to him. And, she is-

 

"Such a trouble maker." Jiyong said in proud.

 

Shinhye raised one of her brows. What a weirdo! He said that Haeri was a trouble maker and yet he said it with proud! Tsk!

 

"Minhyuk!"

 

Minhyuk turned his face and saw his Hyung and his parents walked closer to him. "Hyung! Appa! Eomma!"

 

"What is going on?" Jihwan asked, confused.

 

"It's Haeri." Minhyuk sighed heavily. "She ran away from the aisle."

 

"Mwo?"

 

Minhyuk nodded once. "She stopped in the middle. It seemed that she looked for something or someone then she ran away."

 

Jihwan felt his heart became heavy. He supposed to feel happy hearing the news. But no. He knew that he lost her already. And, knowing that she ran away. What was wrong? Did that hurt her even before the wedding?

 

Kang Appa and Kang Eomma looked at each other knowingly. Did she-

 

"Haeri!" Minseo shouted when the door was opened.

 

"Hyunjoong~" Haeri mumbled from inside. She hid herself behind the door.

 

Hyunjoong looked at his Noona and smiled. "I will get her back." He stated before he walked inside the room.

 

Once he was inside Haeri hurriedly closed the door again.

 

Hyunjoong studied her. He knew that she was confused and troubled. He could see it on her face. "So?"

 

"What?" She snapped fast.

 

"What is wrong?" He dropped himself on the floor.

 

"Hm-" She followed suit, sitting next to him. "I was-" She bit her lower lip groggily.

 

"Don't do that."

 

"What?"

 

"Bitting your lip. I should be the one who do that." Hyunjoong smirked widely.

 

Haeri scoffed.

 

"Alright. Back to the reason you left me alone at the altar.. You had cold feet?"

 

Haeri blushed deeply. Her face became redder than before.

 

Hyunjoong was speechless seeing her shy expression. She was- stunning!

 

"I didn't have cold feet. But-" She pouted. "You- You promised me- Hm-"

 

"Hm?"

 

Haeri sighed deeply. "You promised me Kang Appa and Kang Eomma but they were not there. I wanted him to walk me, led me to the altar. It was not that I did not respect your Appa, but.. It didn't seem right." She finally spilled out the reason.

 

Hyunjoong blinked his eyes multiple times. "That was it?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"That was the only reason?"

 

"Yes."

 

"You didn't have cold feet?"

 

"No."

 

"You had no regret for taking me as your husband?"

 

Haeri rolled her eyes. "No."

 

"You just wanted Kang Appa-"

 

"Yes! Gezz! Do I have to repeat it again?"

 

"No." He shook his head in relief. Oh good. That was easy. "Alright then." He stood up.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"I am going to look for Kang Appa." Hyunjoong headed to the door. He had no idea that Kang couple was already outside. "I have to marry you before you have second thought."

 

Haeri scoffed.

 

He opened the door. Before he stepped out, "Haeri?"

 

Haeri lifted her face and gazed up at him.

 

"In case I become speechless later on, you are beautiful."

 

Haeri parted her lips in surprise. In the next second, she painted her whole face with red, flushing entirely.

 

Hyunjoong smirked widely seeing the reaction. One reaction that he loved to see from her whenever he . As far as he remembered, he never found a woman who blushed the way Haeri did, who blushed and looked cute.

 

Noticing that Hyunjoong was making fun of her, Haeri muttered, "Bastard!"

 

Hyunjoong chuckled happily and stepped out from the room.

 

"How is she?" Minseo greeted him with predictable question. She chanted prayer ever since Hyunjoong stepped into the room. She prayed for her brother's sanity. She knew how stupid Hyunjoong could be.

 

Hyunjoong pinched Minseo's cheek softly before he released it and walked to the crowd, not minding to explain anything. He wanted to save time. He understood his Noona. Explanation was never easy for her.

 

"Yahhh!! Kim Hyunjoong!" Minseo tailed him.

 

In snap, his eyes caught the Kang couple. Hyunjoong smiled happily. Thank you, God. He directly headed toward them. "Appa, Eomma," He bowed deeply once he was in front of them.

 

The Kang couple nodded.

 

"How is she?"

 

Hyunjoong looked at Kang Appa. "Now that you are here, she is just fine."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I am sorry. It was my entire fault. I was too happy that I forgot that I promised her that you would be the one who walked her down the aisle. I didn't want her to change her mind that was why.. I thought my Appa would be enough to accompany her. But Haeri- She was waiting for you, her Appa."

 

Silence filled the area. All of them felt relief and they adored Haeri even more after knowing the reason. So.. That was why she ran away. Of course, the father should be the one who handed the bride, right?

 

Kang Eomma shedded tears silently. Haeri was their daughter, her daughter.. For eternity. That was no mistake. "Yeobo-"

 

Kang Appa smiled. "Told you.. Haeri will be forever ours."

 

Kang Eomma nodded and wiped up her tears. Then she looked at Jihwan who stunned watching the scene. She knew that Jihwan realized that Haeri was no longer waiting for him. Her heart was not his anymore. She tapped Jihwan shoulder softly.

 

Hyunjoong smirked in victory. Eat that, er! "She is waiting for you inside our dressing room. If you don't mind-"

 

"Yes. Of course."

 

Hyunjoong led the Kang Couple into the dressing room.

 

Minseo clapped her hands hard, causing a loud sound. "Alright! The wedding will be started in minutes! Back to the Church!"

 

With low murmurs, the guest headed back to the Church.

 

Seunghyun exchanged glances with Kim Tan meaningfully. "He was pathetic."

 

Tan laughed. "He is in love."

 

"Ow.. What an achievement for someone like him!"

 

"Can't agree more."

 

 


 

 

Behind the closed doors, Haeri took long and heavy breathes few times to ease her nerves. Oh yes. She was seriously nervous now. She felt anxious before, knowing that Kang Appa was not here. But now that he was here, meaning that she.is.getting.married.for.real.

 

"Easy now." Kang Appa rubbed Haeri's hand over his arm.

 

Haeri smiled weakly.

 

“Marriage is sacred. It is not for trial and error.”

 

Haeri gasped shortly. Kang Appa’s words stabbed directly to her heart. Did he know?

 

“There is something between you and Hyunjoong. Something-“

 

Haeri held her breath.

 

“I am not against it. I will support whatever decision that you take. However, my last question. And, this should be your last too.” He smiled tenderly, making Haeri held her breath even more. She even couldn’t blink her eyes. “Are you sure?"

 

Haeri gazed deeply into Kang Appa's eyes. She knew the real question was not that short.

 

Are you sure for having him as you husband? Are you sure for spending the rest of your life with him? Are you sure that he will be the father or your children? Are you sure?

 

Haeri stunned and tried to dig deep into her heart. Are you sure? Memories of them flashed into her mind continuously. How she took the careless decision.. Where that decision took them.. How he responded to the decision.. What was coming after that.. How they tried to start a new..

 

Are you sure?

 

Yes. The mastermind was she from the very beginning. And, he – Kim Hyunjoong – just followed her lead. Now.. Are you sure?

 

It was like a huge stone stuck inside . Slowly, she nodded.

 

Kang Appa watched her intently, trying to take note to every way she responded.

 

Haeri closed her eyes tightly for a while before she opened it again and smiled. "Yes, Appa."

 

Kang Appa found strong determination on her eyes and faith in her voice. Relief with her answer, he smiled. "After this, you are not allowed to question yourself anymore. You also shall not let other people question your decision. Do you understand me, Jung Haeri? You will hold him till the end of your life.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Good.”

 

“Wait!”

 

Both Haeri and Kang Appa turned their faces just to find Harabeoji Kim walked fast toward them.

 

“Harabeoji?”

 

He smiled to her and took her free hand.

 

“What?”

 

In fast manner, he put a stunning bracelet over Haeri’s hand. “With this, I approve.”

 

“Huh?” Haeri put her silly expression.

 

Harabeoji Kim laughed and smacked her forehead softly. “Welcome to the family.” And, he left them, walking into the church. “Let’s the wedding begin!” He shouted when he was inside.

 

In seconds, again, the Pachelbel’s canon was heard. Again, the guest stood up and readied to welcome the bride. Some of them crossed their fingers for good luck. They wished Haeri would not run away again this time.

 

And, the doors were widely opened.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kim Hyunjoong, Jung Haeri, I now bless you as man and wife.”

 

 

END



 

There! The story finally reached its end. 
So, what do you think?
Want some epilogues?
About who?
I may consider to make some
But, I cannot promise anything.
Thanks for reading and supporting, more.. for commenting!