The chance - Minhyuk & Krystal

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

He knew that she was beyond happy. He never saw her smiling like that, laughing that way.. In short, shining like she is today. Kim Haeri.. She is Kim Haeri now. She is no longer Jung Haeri. There are invincible boundaries between them since she is somebody's wife for real starting this very moment. Minhyuk smiled in relief when he saw how Hyunjoong stole a kiss from Haeri. And, his smile became wider when he noticed that she was blushing even though she also smacked Hyunjoong's arm lightly.

 

"Your dongsaeng looks happy."

 

Minhyuk nodded once. "She is. Glad to know." He never thought that Haeri's silly action days ago would lead her into this very phase, finding her true husband.

 

"She is not yours anymore, you know."

 

Minhyuk broke his stare over Haeri and turned his face, looking to the woman who sat next to him, Lee Bona. He smiled. "She is forever mine."

 

Smile vanished from Bona's face. Forever his? How could he say that? He was still expecting- Wait! He said that he never saw Haeri that way. She was his childhood friend. She was only his childhood friend, his considered dongsaeng. Nothing more. But why-

 

"You know that Haeri will always be my stubborn dongsaeng." Minhyuk clarified.

 

Bona stunned for a while. Dongsaeng?

 

Minhyuk laughed. "Do not over think. Haeri and I- We never see each other more than Oppa and Dongsaeng." He narrowed his eyes. "Even though, whenever she called me Oppa, I would shiver in disgust. It was weird to hear it from her."

 

Oh. Bona was able to smile now. Oppa and Dongsaeng. Ok. They were never more than that. "Hm- Now that she is married. Don't you think that you have to get yourself married too?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Have you found someone special?"

 

Someone special? In full second, Minhyuk felt that he was alone with Bona in that very ballroom. Everything vanished. Everyone disappeared. Only he and Bona. Someone special? The next second, he felt that his cheeks heated.

 

"Minhyuk?" Bona felt confused to see Minhyuk's blank expression.

 

"Eh?" He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

 

"Bona?"

 

Both of them looked up and found a gorgeous young man standing next to their table. Bona automatically stood up and crashed her body toward him, hugging him tightly. "Oppa!"

 

"How are you baby girl?" He patted her hairs softly.

 

"I am ok. I am ok now."

 

Minhyuk's body stiffened seeing the scene. A pang of unrecognized feeling hit his heart in snap. What was that? He suddenly felt that the situation was a bit suffocating.

 

"Are you done wondering around, princess?" That man asked after their bodies were separated.

 

Bona giggled. "Wae? Missing me already?"

 

That man smirked. "You know that I need you at Mega Corporation."

 

Minhyuk squinted his eyes when he heard that Mega Corporation was mentioned. Mega Corporation? Why Mega Corporation?

 

"You are doing just fine, Oppa. The company doesn't need me. And you-"

 

"It is also your company-"

 

Eh? "Mwo?" Minhyuk snapped before he managed to hold his tongue.

 

Bona and the man glimpsed down to pale Minhyuk. Bona directly knew that the conversation spilled too much information about herself, her background.

 

Minhyuk stood up. Without saying anything, he walked away from the area.

 

"Minhyuk?" Bona tried to call him but no avail.

 

"Who is he?"

 

"Eh? He is Kang Minhyuk." She answered but her eyes were locked to Minhyuk.

 

"Your boyfriend?"

 

Bona glanced to her Oppa. "Do you approve?"

 

"I'll check his background first."

 

"Yah! Oppa!"

 

The man laughed happily. Oh how he loved to tease his lovely dongsaeng.

 

"Shin!"

 

"Hyunjoong! Congratulation."

 

Hyunjoong took Shin's hand and shook it slightly. "Glad that you can make it. Bona told me that you were handling project at Tokyo."

 

"I did. But, I managed to finish it in time." Lee Shin put his hands into his pockets. "Hyunjoong, you should know that I nearly died in shock when I heard that you were going to tie yourself to this fine lady." He eyed to blushed Haeri.

 

Hyunjoong laughed and wrapped Haeri's waist possessively. "This lady is different. She dares to kick my feet and smacks my face."

 

"Shut up!" Haeri glared to her husband.

 

All of them laughed.

 

"Where is Minhyuk?" Suddenly Haeri noticed that Minhyuk was nowhere to be seen.

 

"Oh. Maybe he is going to the toilet." Bona answered fast. But inside, she was also wonder.. Where was he? Why in sudden he disappeared? Was it because the previous conversation with her Oppa? Out of nowhere, she felt like catching him up. "Excuse me." She bowed a little before she heading to the place Minhyuk vanished before.

 

 


 

 

Bona found Minhyuk sitting alone over a bench at nearby park. He stared blankly toward a group of flowers. It seemed that he had lots of thing inside his mind now. And, Bona was wondering.. What was it? Was it Haeri again? She couldn’t help to feel annoy to the fact that he had a woman who was close enough to him and stayed inside his mind all the time.

 

But again, why should she felt annoyed? Why?

 

“Hey.” She greeted him as Bona approached him.

 

Minhyuk glanced up for a second before he threw back his sight to the meaningless flowers. What was she doing here? Why didn’t she stay with that guy? He sighed heavily. Now he felt stupid. Why should it bother him anyway?

 

“Haeri was looking for you.” She sat next to him.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes. But, I told her that you were at the toilet.”

 

“Hm.” At this very moment, everything about Haeri did not peak his attention. On the other hand, the scene before, between Bona and that guy, rolled inside his mind over and over again. And, the topic that they were talking about. “Who is he?” Minhyuk couldn’t help but asking, finally.

 

“Who?”

 

“That guy.”

 

“What guy?” Bona felt confused. But then, “Oh.  My Oppa?”

 

“Your Oppa?”

 

“Yes. My big brother.”

 

Her answer made him glancing at her. “Big-“ His eyes widened. “You are the heiress-“

 

“Ah, don’t mention it. Please.” She hated when people reminding her or relating her to Lee Family. It was not that she felt unthankful for that, but she wanted to be acknowledged by her very own ability.

 

“Why?”

 

Bona sighed deeply. “I just want to live my own life, that’s why. Besides, the family has Lee Shin, my Oppa, to be the successor. And, working with Mr Kim is quite fun. He is smart. I can learn a lot from him.”

 

“Does he know?”

 

“Mr Kim?”

 

Minhyuk nodded.

 

“Just few months ago. When Oppa tried to drag me back to Mega Corporation.” She laughed remembering the moment.  It was such a chaos! Because Shin chose to talk with Hyunjoong at his favorite nightclub.. Hyunjoong thought that Lee Shin aimed her for his own satisfaction.

 

“And?”
 

“Well, Mr Kim let me chose. But, he said that he was expecting me to stay with him.”

 

“You chose to stay.”

 

“He is my way out.” Bona smiled. “Shin Oppa learned that Kim Hyunjoong was a great businessman. He was not just playing around. He trusted me to work under him.”

 

“Don’t you want to come back?”

 

“Where?”

 

“To your family.”

 

“Of course. They are still my family. But again- not for claiming the wealth. I get more than enough money as Mr Kim’s personal assistant.” Bona grinned playfully. “He is very generous.”

 

“Really?”

 

“If there is an opening, I’ll let you know.”

 

Minhyuk showed a relief smile. He was not that tensed anymore. 

 

But now, Bona looked at him in such interest. “This is new.”

 

“What is?”

 

“You. Why my life bothers you in sudden? You ignored me before.”

 

“Eh-“ Minhyuk smirked shyly. He was caught!

 

“Tell me, Kang Minhyuk.. Do you find me interesting? In a good way?”

 

Minhyuk looked into her eyes. “And, if I do?”

 

Bona held her breath.

 

“I want to know you more.”

 

“Hm-“

 

“Can I?”

 

She smiled sweetly. “Shin Oppa will background check you.”

 

“Mwo?”

 

“You know that somehow I am the heiress of Mega Corporation, member of Lee Family. Being close with me is not easy.” She smiled. “That was why.. Playing around was better than being serious with someone.”

 

Oh. That explained.. Minhyuk smiled widely. “Come.” He stood up and offered his hand toward Bona.

 

Bona looked at him in confusion. “Where?” But somehow she took his hand.

 

“To see your Oppa.”

 

“Burago?” Bona gasped in surprise as she stood up.

 

“Instead of background checking me, I prefer him to know me better through our interaction. Besides, I lived with Haeri and Hyung at the same apartment before.. It won’t bring good impression.” He chuckled.

 

“You can’t be real.”

 

Minhyuk  nodded. “And, I want you to see my parents.”

 

“Mwo?”

 

Without futher talking, Minhyuk dragged Bona back to the hall.