(26) 6th Night (2/2)

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

 

"Ice cream?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Just ice cream?"

 

"Yes. I told you that I already ate."

 

"Snack?"

 

"No thanks."

 

Kim Tan smirked. "Then I suggest you The Deliss Sundae Dish. The best of all." His eyes sparked. It was his favorite. Even though he didn’t feel like eating it now.

 

Shinhye nodded shortly. "Ok."

 

"The Deliss Sundae Dish for this fine lady. As for me, the usual.” Kim Tan smiled sweetly toward the servant, earning a deep blushing from her. “Five minutes? I am starving.” He funnily rubbed his stomach.

 

The woman servant nodded and smiled groggily. “Yes, Mr Kim.”

 

Kim Tan nodded. “Thank you.”

 

“Please wait a moment." And, she walked away.

 

Shinhye shook her head as she witnessed it all. This man was a pure player! "Five minutes? How can they serve us those foods in five minutes?" She snorted.

 

"Oh, they can. "

 

"This restaurant is yours?"

 

"Nah." He waved his hand. "They just respect me a lot here."

 

"Yeah.. right." She rolled her eyes.

 

Kim Tan moved forward and placed his both arms over the table. "Do you seriously think that I own everything?" He smirked with such proud.

 

"You acted like one. So, yes."

 

Tan smiled. "Thanks to my father then. He made me this rich even though-" He stopped his tongue. In sudden, Tan remembered his biological mother, the one who should forever be hidden if they wished to enjoy the wealth. He sighed deeply as his eyes wandered around for seconds before he flashed his signature grin.

 

Shinhye squinted her eyes. She swore she saw a glint of sadness on his face. Seconds.. But it was crystal clear. He was thinking about something and it made him sad. What was it? About his family? His father?  He was talking about them before. Hm.. She just realized that she knew nothing about his family. Only him and his player title.

 

"So.. How is your day?” He asked before he sipped his white wine.

 

Shinhye raised on of her brows. “Did you seriously ask me that? Do I have to inform you about my day?”

 

Tan laughed wholeheartedly seeing Shinhye shocked yet irritated expression. “We are couple now. It is natural. Don’t you think?”

 

“No.” Shinhye snapped. “We are so not couple!”

 

Tan chuckled. “Alright, baby. If you say so. I am surprised that you are the-backstreet-woman.”

 

“Tan, I swear! If you keep on bringing the topic-“ Shinhye shut when she saw Kim Tan’s glee face. “What?”

 

“You called me by my name.”

 

Slowly, Shinhye felt her bloods rushed up to her cheeks. Oh she regretted calling him by his name.

 

 


 

 

"We leave it all at your hands, Bona. You understand Mr Kim's standard. I believe you'll able to fill what's missing." Jose said as he stood up.

 

"Burago?" Minhyuk butted in. That man seriously asked Bona to finalize the blueprint? Her? Unbelievable! Why her? It was true that she provided ideas and her understanding about the business was awesome. But still..

 

Jose turned his face toward Minhyuk, catching his unsure expression. "It is not that I don't trust you, Mr Kang. But Bona is what we need now." He eyed to Bona. "Tell me, Bona. Mr Kim already has something in his mind about the blueprint. Right?"

 

Bona smiled as she packed her things. "Yes." Then she looked at Minhyuk. "Mr Kim is a man with strong vision. If you ever ask him about this company in the next fifty years, he'll give you a very clear picture. All he need is someone who is able to draw it over a canvas."

 

Minhyuk stunned. So.. That man purposely dragged him to think the way he was? To give the blueprint that he ever wanted? That man.. Kim Hyunjoong. You were not that shallow after all.

 

"Therefore, I am sure that you are aware if the blueprint is not as expected, we- in this case you and your company won't have another chance." Jose stated firmly.

 

Minhyuk gasped shortly. Won't have another chance? Damn! As much as he hated to hear it.. but, if the condition was as stated then there was possibilities. Kim Hyunjoong, what kind of businessman are you?

 

“Alright then, night all.” Jose walked out from the lounge.

 

Bona also stood up. “I’ll take a look once I reach home. Don’t worry. I am sure I will able to finish it before midnight.” She grabbed her laptop. “Night, Mr Kang.”

 

“If you don’t mind,” Minhyuk snapped.

 

“Hm?”

 

He locked his eyes to Bona’s. “I wonder.. I want.. Hm..” He propped the way he sat.

 

“You are saying?”

 

“I like to accompany you finalizing the blueprint.”

 

Bona smirked mentally while outside she kept her plain expression. Instead of answering, she titled her head a little.

 

Seeing Bona’s reaction, Minhyuk started to feel unease. “Don’t get me wrong-“

 

“No.” Bona said and laughed lightly. “I am just not use to.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I prefer to finish it myself if you don’t mind. I will email you and text you when I am done.”

 

Minhyuk stood up, “But-“

 

“That’s ok.” She smiled sweetly. “I better get going now. See you tomorrow.” And, she walked away without waiting for any reply from Minhyuk, leaving him dumbfounded.

 

She was one weird woman! She tried to win his attention before. But now, she acted like she needed no Kang Minhyuk. These last few days.. Minhyuk seriously had troubled mind and heart because of Lee Bona.

 

 


 

 

"Here are the keys, Mr Kim."

 

"Thank you, Changmin. Sorry to bother you."

 

"That's ok, Sir. I am glad to be able to help you. So, do you need anything else?"

 

"No thank you. This will be enough."

 

"Then, I am going now."

 

Hyunjoong nodded shortly and played with the keys when Changmin left the place. Then he looked at Jungsu, "Please wait here for a moment, Ahjusshi. I am going to fetch Haeri."

 

"Yes, Mr Kim." The man with black suit bowed deeply before he aimed to the car that was parked not far from the Sparks' old building.

 

Hyunjoong stared at the building. The lights were off except for the one in front. It was automatic he believed.

 

Haeri.. you better be here. He had no other idea where would she be if she wasn't here.

 

Hyunjoong moved closer to the main doors and unlocked it. Slowly, he pushed back the door and walked in. Under the darkness, he could see the old decoration without the selling items. Tan did say that he copied the decoration but prefer to make the new ones with better quality.

 

His eyes wandered around. Already a bit dusty here. He rubbed his nose.

 

Haeri.. Where are you?

 

But then, his eyes were locked to Haeri's old office.

 

You are there right Haeri?

 

Hyunjoong approached the office with unease feeling. Damn it! He was nervous. And, he didn't do nervous. Haeri you were awesome. He never chased anyone before especially a woman. Not when they chose to leave him. And now.. He was here, trying to locate her.

 

His hand grabbed the doorknob. Hyunjoong took a deep breath before he turned it. With fast heartbeat, he pushed the door and to his prediction, his eyes squinted due to the bright lights. Once he opened his eyes wide, he directly spotted Haeri sleeping over the couch. Unconsciously, he let out a relief breath. The breath he didn’t know he held.

 

As Hyunjoong approached Haeri with careful, he saw scattered foods and drinks over the table. Pizza and soft drinks, Chinese foods and tea, some of bubble drinks, chocolate cakes last a piece of bento. Gezz woman! You ate all of these alone? He stopped his walk. Alone? Maybe she was not alone. He absentmindedly stared to Haeri peaceful face.

 

The next seconds, he shook his head and tried to throw the silly thought away. Look! She- Her outfits are still ok. Her lips are not swollen. And her face- Hyunjoong gulped hard. Traces of tear are obvious there. Oh ! She cried. He was even sure that she cried before she fell asleep.

 

Guilt filled Hyunjoong’s heart in snap.

 

Again, he moved closer to Haeri and kneeled in front of her.

 

What is going on with us? What kind of fate this is?

 

Everything came too fast that he never rethought or recalculated what happened between them.

 

Hyunjoong watched sleeping Haeri intently. A strange kind of warmth spread all over him in snap. Again, his heartbeat raced under the cage. He even felt his breath became labored. Holy ! What was wrong with him?

 

He surely felt relief and happy when he found her a minute ago. But now he felt troubled. If this.. Will he lose her again if everything..

 

Compare to the women he had before.. Haeri was.. special.

 

Hyunjoong stood up and slowly lifted her with both hands. Haeri stirred over his hands and opened her eyes slowly. When their eyes locked, “Let’s go home.” He whispered.

 

Haeri nodded shortly and encircled Hyunjoong’s neck as snuggled more to his shoulder.

 

He curled up his lips and smiled happily. Hyunjoong felt so right to have her on his hands. This petite girl.. He never thought that she was so light. Out of nowhere, he made a mental promise to feed her better.

 

Jungsu automatically opened the door for Hyunjoong and Haeri. Carefully, Hyunjoong stepped in with Haeri still on his hold. “Please take Haeri’s bag and lock the door.” He said.

 

“Yes, Mr Kim.” Jungsu closed the door slowly and walked into Sparks.

 

Hyunjoong tried to make Haeri comfortable with straightening her legs over the seat but keeping her head over his chest and her bottom on his lap. Again, Haeri moved a little but keep on sleeping. She was looked comfortable and in peace. Hyunjoong couldn’t fight the urgency to caresses her cheek with his free hand and stopped at her chin. He was tempted by her slightly parted inviting lips. Hyunjoong lowered his head, closed his eyes and claimed her lips.

 

Massive explosion attacked his heart when his lips finally touched hers.

 

He snapped his eyes open.

 

Gosh, she is special, she is different.. She is his wife.