chapter 4: 2nd place

BUT I LOVE HIM!

            Sehun smiled seeing Luhan’s message. Saving his number, he wrote an reply “Okay”

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow “Well a message from your first love?”

“Shut up Baek, and it’s crush not love to be exact!” said Sehun, took off his shirt and straightly went to shower.

----------At luhan’s house--------

Luhan jumped to see the reply knowing the owner of the message.

“Okay”…..Okay? Just okay and that’s all? Luhan frowned. I hate this guy…No, no I don’t hate him. Ugh!!! Why am I acting like this!” Luhan shaked his head, rolled over a bed.

----

        1 month has passed but nothing changed particularly. Luhan became more close to Exo-m and his classmates, started playing football and hang out with them. But things concerning Sehun didn’t go so well.  They exchanged texts exactly 3 times including  the dinner message and no more. Luhan didn’t met him outside school and he was too busy going out with his new friends, doing homeworks and improving Korean as much as possible.

            For Sehun, he was just burdened by the fact that Baekhyun knows his little secret and was afraid to reveal more , so he decided not to communicate with Luhan as much as possible. He started going to school earlier than he was going, hang around with his friends more hoping to forget his first crush. But no luck! He couldn’t avoid messages that Luhan sent, but Luhan sent only 2 times not including the dinner message which was rather disappointing to Sehun.  His friends continued bullying the other class but he avoided and stayed out of that somehow making Baekhyun handle the situation. Instead he bullied his classmates more.

2 times exchanging messages.

First one.

Luhan had forgotten to buy textbook for history class and he decided to ask Sehun.

To Sehun  ^_^: Hi Sehun-ah, are you free?

To Him: Well… what do you need?

To Sehun  ^_^: Well I don’t have history book so would you mind borrowing me? XD

To Him: I don’t have that book. I use Kai’s when I need so…

To Sehun  ^_^: Oh,okay. Bye

To Him: Bye

Second one:

To Sehun :)  : Hi, I’m so sorry for bothering you but wanna go to museum that opened near our house?

To Him : I’m busy now…

To Sehun :)  :Well okay, bye

To Him: Bye

            Sehun didn’t mean to avoid this one. He wanted to go , but he was really busy because he was looking after his friend Kai who was sick and was staying at his house because his parents went traveling to other countries.

-------------------

At school, class 2-1

Kim Jongkook: Class, your mid-exams are starting . I know you guys will do well but do your best okay?

Class: neh~

Kim Jongkook: Don’t be lazy or you might lose to other student in 2-2

Kai: What? Mr.Kim that won’t happen.

Kim Jongkook: Don’t be too full of yourself Jongin, I am just warning that there is a possibility.

Baekhyun: And who is that student that is raising your hopes?

Kim Jongkook: I think that should be secret. Well, let’s end today’s class. (goes out)

Chanyeol: Whoa, did you hear that? Who could that be?

Baekhyun: It can be Lay you know. He was very good at studying before (looked at Suho)

Suho: That could be…. (looks down)

D.O:  Kai, I hope your grades won’t fall this time.

Kai: (puts his hand on D.O’s shoulder) Don’t worry I’ll at least rank 10th.

D.O: That isn’t enough. Make it 5!

Kai: No way, how can I be higher than you guys. Kyungsoo you should worry about beating Sehun.

Sehun: (smirk) That’ll never happen.

D.O: Kai, 5!

Kai: (roll his eyes) Look, Sehun will be first, you 2nd, Suho 3rd , I know I’m better than Chanyeol and Baek but they cheat help each other and ranks 4th and 5th, while you never help me! So how can i?

D.O: Okay, Okay then 6?

Kai: Okay, I’ll try!

D.o: No more kisses till then.

Kai: That’s not fair, what about now? You know, to encourage me?

D.O: No, no more kisses till we see our rank!

Kai: Damn, okay!! (everyone looks at him) What are you looking at? Mind your own businesses!

Baek: Look who’s so obedient to his boyfriend!

Chanyeol: Let’s review our lessons too, Baek. I don’t wanna be cheater anymore.

Sehun: Let’s all do our best!

Suho: Pshh, you don’t even have to review our lesson you have that perfect memory that never forgets things you listened.

Sehun:Well… I think you’re smart (smirk) Class, I won’t bully you until we pass our exams, I don’t want to see your ty names under the other class, got that!

Class : neh~

Sehun: Wait, I don’t hear you L?

L: neh,

Sehun: where is the word?

L: Neh…op---pa… (looks down)

Sehun: (grin) That’s better!

Class 2-1

Jihyo: Class, the mid exams are coming. And to surprise you the first one is my lesson Maths ! I really hope that one of you could beat 2-1

Kris: Don’t worry teacher. We have Luhan now. He might beat them

Jihyo: (smile and looks at Luhan) I’m looking forward to it Luhan!

Luhan: I’ll try my best teacher..

----the Maths exam day---

          Everyone goes into the gym, tables put in. The all mixed together and sat according to their seats. And surprisingly Luhan has seaten really close to Sehun, he was seaten in the next table. And the exam starts.

Jihyo: 90 minutes guys! Be accurate and don’t make silly mistakes.

Sehun: (smirk) I’ll never do that. (looked around him and found Luhan sitting on the next seat, Luhan saw him and waved at him, shocked he just nodded his head cautiously)

Jihyo: Start.

             Over the word Start, Sehun paid full attention to his exam sheet and nothing else. He was like isolated from world with only his pencil and exam sheet.

Luhan couldn’t get his eyes of Sehun. He was the perfect figure that he was in his entire life. Writing the numbers really quick, looking up to calculate, the way he holds his pencil, the way he his dry lips… Luhan could seat all day, no month, just staring at that sight.

Jihyo: 45 minutes left!

“Oh no!” Luhan gasped remembering that he’s giving exam.  Quickly he got down to his work.

Jihyo: 1 minute left!

“!” said Luhan as he was on the last problem. Quickly writing down the numbers he calculated and done! “Hu” he finnaly took a breath.

Jihyo: Done! Put your pencils and leave please!

            Luhan looked at Sehun, the figure that stole his precious 45 minutes. Of course he looked very satisfied with him. Sehun looked at him and smiled. Luhan felt like flying over the clouds , and finally when he grounded back and smiled back the figure disappeared.

“How was the test” Lay asked.

“Oh it was okay” said Luhan. Well he couldn’t believe that he didn’t notice Lay standing beside him. “How was it for you?”

“Hmmm… Not bad actually” said Lay “Let’s go.. Uhm do you wanna eat something and review history?”

“Sounds good to me!” said Luhan smiling “let’s get others too”

“Of course” Lay smiled and they went out.

---

             Sehun finished the problems 5 minutes early to the deadline. So he looked to the figure that was fully dedicated to the work he’s doing. “He’s cute when frowning” thought Sehun.

             After  everyone has done he looked at his crush and yeah he was looking at him. Sehun smiled unknowingly.

“So? 100%?” asked Kai.

Distracted from Luhan Sehun answered “Yeah, of course. But I am more worried for you. Still no luck in kissing?”

“Yeah!” Kai frowned. “But I think I did well, let’s go , I’m starving” Kai dragged Sehun to the door.

===Next day===

            The results was printed on a long list and out on the news session of the school board.

            Sehun of course being the first one to school saw the results first. His opened wide and eyes almost fell. He was shocked. Not to the fact that he was first, but to the fact that who was second.

1.Oh Sehun-100%

2. Luhan-99%

3. Do Kyungsoo- 98%

       He stared at the sheet for very long time.

“Congratz” familiar voice was heard. Sehun looked to the owner of the voice and it was him, the owner of second place. Luhan smiled “You’re first!”

“And…you’re….second?” said Sehun still not believing he was second.

“Yeah, 1% bad luck” Luhan smiled.

“I didn’t know you were this good at Maths” said Sehun.

“Well it’s one of my favourite subject.” Luhan said.

“But then you beat all our class” Sehun said

“Except you” Luhan said.

“But why didn’t you enter our class,then? I thought we were divided based on who was the best student” Sehun said already imagining what could happen if Luhan had entered his class from the first

“Well, as you know. Im Chinese and still lack in Korean” Luhan said not losing his sincere smile

“Oh” Sehun said.” Well congratz anyway you have beaten Do Kyungsoo, from now on you’re my rival!” and smiled without knowing why he even smiled. If it was other student from 2-2 he would have beaten him to death but it was him, Luhan.

“Well let’s be fair rivals” Luhan reached out his hands.

“That’s for sure” Sehun grabbed his hand and shaked. “Wow his hands are so soft and warm” he thought to himself continuously shaking Luhan’s arm.

“Luhan!!” Sehun heard Lay calling Luhan.

“I’m off to my class” Sehun said and rushed to his class still feeling the warmth of Luhan’s hands

“His hands are rough but warm” thought Luhan.

“Wow!!! You’re second!!!!!!” Lay shouted and hugged him and jumped in joy,

“Yeah I’m second!” Luhan said with excitement so as not to disappoint Lay, because in China he was always first and was used to it.

An hour later.

             Everyone  who went to see the result were shocked. Some of them felt happy , some of them angry and so on.

Class 2-1

Kai: I just can’t believe this!!

D.O: Me too, I’m third you know?

Kai: I’m 6th!!! Yay!!!

D.O: (shouts) Kai!! I’m third!

Kai: (eyes widened) Really? How? Is Suho 2nd?

D.O: Dummy!! Didn’t you see who was on 2nd while you were there standing alone for 10 minutes?

Kai: No, I just couldn’t believe the fact that I was 6th! So who is it? Is it Baek, Chanyeol?

Baekhyun: No, you stupid it’s Luhan!

Kai: what!!!!! (he jumped out of his seat) Really?

Baekhyun: Yes!

CHanyeol: Whoa, he is genius.

Suho: Not as genius as our Sehun. He’s this class's hero! He didn’t lost to Luhan!

Sehun: (roll eyes) Oh, stop exaggerating it’s nothing much.

Kai: I’m gonna kill that Luhan! How could he get in my Kyungsoo’s way!

D.O: This time, I’m going with you!

Sehun: What? D.O you're going to stop him right?

D.O : Not this time! I am third!

Sehun: And it wasn’t Luhan’s fault that you made mistakes and placed 3rd

Chanyeol: Wait, are you on Luhan’s side?

Sehun: (widen eyes and avoids looking at them) No, I am just telling the truth.

D.O: Still I won’t care Luhan getting beaten this time

Sehun: Guys, let’s prepare for tommorow’s history exam. We will have enough time to beat them anyway after classes. And isn’t our rule to not beat any of them during exams and compete fairly? Right Baekhyun? (now he was the only one who understood him)

Kai: But…

Baekhyun: (winking to Sehun) I think it’s Sehuns right. We should follow our rule!

Kai: Okay, but Oh Sehun you’re following that rule too much nowadays..

Sehun: (fake smile) I guess, I’m becoming more mature……

Class 2-2

                 The class were very happy that it was their first time to beat almost all of them in terms of Maths. They throwed Luhan in air and immediately stopped that Luhan said that he fears height.

Kris: We’re so proud of you!

Tao: Yeah, you beaten Kyungsoo! Exo-k!

Chen: I bet they’re raging in anger now..

Xuimin: And I am afraid that they’ll come through the door in no time and beat Luhan.

Chen: Nah, they won’t do that at least until all the exams are done

Lay: Jongdae’s right. They have rules you know…

Luhan: What rules?

Chen: Oh some little rule between them. We actually don’t know if it exists it’s just Lay insisting on it

Luhan: Are you sure that Kai won’t rip my heart and give it to his boyfriend?

Lay: Well you’re safe for now, but I’m not sure about the future.

Xuimin: Still I’m very happy.

Tao: I think I won’t cry if they beats us now!!

           Everyone laughs. Then the door opens!! “Luhan!!!”

Thankfully it was Jihyo. “Well done Luhan!”

Luhan: But teacher can I ask where I lost 1%?

Jihyo: In the last solution you forgot to write cm2 . That was very unfortunate.

Lay: wow! Then you almost did 100!

Luhan: yeah….

A message from Sehun: Wanna review history? I thought you didn’t had books….

 

 

 

--------------

Hello , dear readers :))

How is it going? 

And thank you for all subscribers :)