chapter 11: The truth

BUT I LOVE HIM!

          Sehun finally went out of his crush’s house as Luhan had been continuously begging him to stay little longer. He even suggested Sehun staying overnight but he refused. No, his heart will not bear to stay calm when he’s with Luhan. And plus he actually have done something embarrassing.

“It’s 10 p.m! I could have stayed for a little longer” thought Sehun as he reached his house. He searched for the keys under the mat, but the keys were gone! He rushed to the door… the door was open… He reluctantly opened the door and saw someone sleeping on his couch.

“WTF? If he was burglar, he wouldn’t sleep here…” Sehun thought relaxing himself a little.

              That man snored and Sehun was startled and jumped and fell to the ground making loud noises.

“Oh,no! He might be killer. I am sure he was waiting for me… God!! Please save me!! Now, I’m dead for sure!!...” Sehun was now closing eyes, sitting on his knees and praying but his thoughts were interrupted when really familiar voice called his name “Sehun? What the heck are you doing there?”

“Byun Baekhyun? Yes! It’s his voice!” Sehun slowly opened his eyes realizing that he’s his friend for sure!

*click* Baekhyun turned the lights on and he burst into laughter seeing the Sehun who was still in previous position only with eyes open.

“Yah!! Byun Baekhyun!!! You scared me!!!” said Sehun standing up and blushed from his stupid action.

“Oh hahahha Se hhahaha No hahaha” tears were rolling down as Baek continued laughing.

--

“What are you doing here anyway?” asked Sehun.

“Huh? So you treat people like this when I saved your little ?” said Baekhyun who finally stopped laughing.

“What do you mean?” said Sehun rolling his eyes. “And how did you got into my house?”

“Firstly,long story short, I know that you hide your keys under mat. Secondly, Kai is now suspecting you that you have a boyfriend!” said Baek.

“Yeah, Kai asked me that earlier” said Sehun.

“So, I told them that you have a part time job now. And that’s the reason why you are busy these days” said Baek grinning.

“Whoa~” said Sehun with eyes wide open “Thanks dude. You’re genius!”

“I know” Baek smirked. “So how about substracting 1 bubble tea from our deal?”

“Uhm….okay” said Sehun “I’m cool with that” he smirked. “Lu will buy me anyway”

“How’s your lovey-dovey life with your crush? I bet you came after meeting him!” said Baek.

“Uhm…. Can I be serious?” said Sehun furrowing his eyes.

“Yeah!” Baek nodded as he was Sehun’s serious face.

“It’s kind of difficult Baek. You know Lay and stuff… And I’ve been thinking that I shall tell the truth to Lu” said Sehun.

“Lu? Is that how you call him? Sweet~” Baek squealed.

“Baek!” Sehun glared.

“Okay,okay. Yeah, I think so too. You should tell him” said Baek.

“But what if he stops being my friend?” said Sehun.

“If he truly is your friend, he’ll come back to you!” encouraged Baek patting Sehun. “I am 100% sure that Lu loves you! And love can’t be changed that fast!”

“How do you know?” asked Sehun.

“Uhm…. Let’s just say I am good at guessing others feelings!” Baek smiled “And guess what? I’ll spend the night here, so prepare to tell me all your stories, you deer hunter!”

“What? No! I bet you’ll try to bargain with me with that!” said Sehun finally smiling. You know, it’s hard to see that Sehun's serious face for long for Baek.

“Of course!” Baek smirked.

“You evil devil!” Sehun giggled.

“And guess who my sincere teacher is?” Baek giggled.

--

Next day

          Well, the day was normal to Sehun because his problems with his friends are temporarily solved thanks to Baek.

              For Luhan, you can say it was not that bad except Lay avoiding him, Kris and Tao avoiding all of them and Chen looking at him suspiciously.

At Luhan’s house:

             Sehun came after finishing his classes. But looked realized that Sehun was acting a little bit weird today.

“Sehun, you can spill out!” said Luhan as they entered Luhan’s room.

“What?” Sehun looked at him confused.

“I know you have something to tell me, that’s why you are acting weird right?” said Luhan sitting on his bed and made Sehun sit too.

“Yeah… Lu, it’s about Lay and… Suho…

======Flashback to middle school=====

           Sehun is Suho’s best friend. They have been growing up together since their kinder garden days. And Suho never once left Sehun alone. But things changed.

          Sehun and Suho started being friends with 9 kids except them. And all of them were like one family. They always played together, fought together, ate together…

Sehun was happy to be friends with them until the day when Suho told him that he has affection towards Yixing.

And from that day on Suho started paying attention to Lay more than Sehun. But Sehun understood and acted calmly to that.

And then in middle school’s second semester Lay and Suho announced that they are dating. Suho barely played with Sehun, he was always with his boyfriend. He felt like he was thrown out. He wanted the old Suho back, he wanted Suho to come to him.

Then he lied to Suho that Lay never loved him and is cheating him. He has shown the pictures of Lay kissing other boys, but it was edited by Sehun. Being  Suho’s best friend, Suho believed Sehun. He believed that Sehun would never lie to him.

Suho just said to Lay that now he knows that Lay is cheating and to break up.

The perfect lie that Sehun made up succeeded to separate Lay and Suho. But it failed to bring the old Suho back. He was now deeply wounded, he barely even smiled.

But Lay somehow knew that Sehun was the one who separated them. Sehun would always glare to Lay, act cold to him since the day Sehun got to know that Suho is dating him. Sehun even said that Suho will come back to Sehun for 100%. But he never imagined that it will come true.

From that day on, Lay and Sehun started despising each other…

====END OF FLASHBACK====

“So, that’s what happened” said Sehun not being able to face Luhan. “I’m a really bad bastard right?”

“You’re…not a bastard Sehun-ah!” said Luhan with low voice.

“What?!? But…” Sehun was taken aback by Lu’s words.

“You just tried to get your best friend back…But it’s only in wrong way” sighed Luhan and raised Sehun’s head making Sehun look at him.

“It’s not your fault fully. Lay, Suho and you! You are all at fault. Lay should have given Suho time and should have understood you. Suho should have paid attention to you and also should have thought about how you felt at that time. And I already told your fault!” said Luhan smiling at Sehun.

Sehun’s tears started rolling down his cheeks.

“Hey, why are you crying?” Luhan wiped Sehun’s tears. “awww come here you big boy!” He hugged Sehun tightly.

“Thank you Lu! Really! Thank you!!” said Sehun still crying and hugging Luhan.

“Now, now” Luhan patted Sehun.

“Are we still friends?” asked Sehun worriedly.

“No!” said Luhan smirking.

“I knew it!!!” Sehun cried harder.

“We’re best friends!!” Luhan giggled. “thank you Xiumin””Hey!! Don’t cry like that!! You sounds like 5 year old boy who lost his candy!”

“i…thought…” Sehun hugged Luhan more tight that it was hard for Luhan to breath…

“Thank you for sharing your precious story. Now I understand everything “ said Luhan.

“No thank you! Thank you x 1000” Sehun repeated over and over.

“And is it must to say it’s okay for thousand times?” Luhan said and they both giggled.

--

          Sehun never thought that Luhan would act this way. His brightest thought was Luhan would ignore him for several days and come back. Even his closest friend Baekhyun ignored him for months after knowing the truth. And other K members still don’t know the truth and Sehun can’t even imagine what’ll happen. But now he is sure that Luhan will stay on his side…forever…

--

At Sehun’s house

         Sehun’s  saw his phone and it had 36 missed calls. He put his phone on silent mode and only now  seeing it.

35 missed calls from bubble tea buyer (Baek)
1 missed call from deer (Lu)

He called Luhan.

“What happened Lu?” asked Sehun.

“Oh, nothing… Uhm… I just forgot to tell you good night!” Luhan said.

“Good night Lu!” said Sehun smiling.

“And don’t you dare to be late tomorrow!” said Luhan giggling.

“Says who?” giggled Sehun.

“Your most caring, sweet, precious, handsome, cute, y friend!” said Luhan.

“Oh, really? Then good night my caring, sweet, precious, handsome, cute, y, lovely friend!” said Sehun and hung up.

“I didn’t tell him lovely?!” thought Luhan confused still staring at his phone.

         Sehun called Baek.

“Yah!!!!!” Baek shouted really loud that all the neighbourhood could hear him

“Oh, Baek I’m deaf now!” said Sehun.

“I have been calling you all day worried for you! Don’t even know why there is telephone even exist!” Baek shouted again.

“Well…I don’t know Baek… Could you be really kind and explain to me? But I’m sure of one thing it’s definitely not to shout at” said Sehun

“Yah! What happened today? How is Luhan? Did he chase you out?” asked Baekhyun lowering his voice but still loud.

“Uhmmm… actually he hugged me tight and patted me” said Sehun now smiling at the thought of Luhan.

“What?!?! Really? Is he an angel or something?” said Baek.

“Yeah…he’s angel, Baek… And you know what…I’m falling for him even more…” Sehun said sincerely.

“Oh please stop… I was really tired talking to Jongin about how f***ing perfect was D.O and now there is you!” said Baek “I’m hanging up since the problem solved so much easier than I thought!”

“Bye!” Sehun hung up.

---

Next day

          The morning has been spent as usual. Sehun making Luhan pay for bubble teas and teasing each other, racing with each other.

In class 2-1

“What happened Sehun, you look extremely happy!” said Jongin.

“Yeah, your mouth is going to be ripped if you keep smiling like that!” added Kyungsoo.

“Do Kyungsoo? You teasing me? Oh, I see! Last night you two did something really really good, am I right?” said Sehun raising his right eyebrow.

“What?” D.O’s eyes widened while Kai coughed.

“And you’re eyes going to fall if you keep looking like that!” Sehun smirked.

“I’m not gonna play with you anymore!” D.o rolled his eyes “Aish, Kai stop coughing. Let’s go, I’ll get you water!” D.O went out dragging the still coughing Kai.

“Wassup bro?” said Chanyeol grinning widely,

“Oh Hi Yeollie~  How many missed calls did you get at maximum from your lover?” said Sehun and Baek opened his mouth wide.

“What? Uhm…. 12!” Yeol said proudly.

‘Sehun leaned to him and whispered “Guess how many I got from him?”

“I dunno, 2 ,3 times maybe?” Chanyeol giggled innocently and rubbed his back side of his neck.

“How much is it 3x12?” Sehun smirked.

“36!” Chanyeol smiled but his smile faded away as Sehun was nodding slowly and he realized. Chanyeol stood up glared at Baekhyun who is now facepalmed himself and got out.

“Oh Sehun, count yourself as dead!” shouted Baekhyun and ran after Chanyeol

“After you my lady!” Sehun grinned.

“Why do you always do this even to your fellows!” said Suho smiling. “Is it my turn now?”

“Yes!” Sehun smiled, walked to him and hugged him. “I’m really really sorry Suho!”

“For what?” Suho asked confused.

“For the truth I can’t say to you!” said Sehun. “I am ready to whatever punishment I’ll receive!”

“What..” Suho was interrupted by Baekhyun who entered the class shouting Sehun’s name.

“Oh Sehun!!! Chanyeol has locked the bathroom door and crying out really loud!” said Baek annoyed.

“Oh, really?” Sehun released the hug.

“Really my ! It’s all your fault!! Fix it or..” said Baek

“Or what?” said Sehun.

“I’ll reveal what was the reason for that 36 missed calls!” said Baek crossing his arms.

“Okay,okay. I’ll go and make Chanyeol really happy like it is his birthday!” said Sehun and went out returning back with CHanyeol who’s grinning really wide. “See?”

“Oh,guys I’m really sorry for my action!” Chanyeol rubbed his hair. “Am I forgiven?”

          Sehun sat back to his seat and Baek whispered to him “What did you do?”

“I didn’t do anything. I just said that you called me to ask about a surprise party for CHanyeol!” Sehun smirked.

“What surprise party?” Baek almost shouted but could restrain himself and asked Sehun

“Well.. I don’t know about that” Sehun winked.

“You bastard!” Baek hit him and went to Chanyeol who’s dancing now crazily and dragged him to his seat.

In class 2-2

“Lay, I want to talk to you!” said Luhan

“About what? There is nothing to talk for us!” said Lay.

“Of course there is! Come on … give me a chance!” Luhan said and dragged Lay out of class