THIRTY-FOUR

Having Two Step-brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Fated to be together. "

 

 

It was bright and the atmosphere was filled with love. You and L.Joe were happily walking down the pathway. You were on your lollipop while L.Joe was just holding your hand, swinging it sometimes. It was as though only the two of you were the only ones there. You felt like you were complete with L.Joe standing beside you. You snuggled against L.Joe's arm when suddenly everything changed. The bright surroundings turned dark and you were standing alone in the endless dark place. You looked around finding L.Joe but nothing was in sight, only plain black around you. You started running. Not knowing towards where but you just started running. Your heart was beating rapidly and sweat was slowly forming on your forehead. You cried for L.Joe several times before collapsing on the ground sobbing. You squatted there not knowing what to do. Your head was hidden around your arms. Then someone placed a hand on your shoulder. You looked up to see L.Joe. Almost immediately you pulled him into a hug but somehow that wasn't the L.Joe you knew standing there. He roughly pushed you away causing you to stumble onto the ground. You looked up to him not understanding why he did that.  

 

"I'm leaving you ~~~~-ah.." His face showed no feelings and it seemed more lifeless. 

"What?! Where are you going?!" You questioned him and an outburst of tears streamed down your face.

"It's for the best.." He whispered before his body somehow turned into black smoke and dispersed into the air. 

 

"OPPA!" You cried aloud while sitting on your bed. It was already your third nightmare for the night and it was all the same nightmare. You were breathing heavily as tears streaming down your face just like in the dream.

 

Just then the door burst open. You were hoping to see L.Joe but it was HongKi. He came rushing in his apron and his fringe was clipped up with a cute Pikachu clip. He started to examine you asking you what happened. You froze there, staring into space. 

 

"Where's L.Joe oppa?!" You gave a panicked expression.

HongKi scratched his head and just held your hands while answering that L.Joe had already left early to school. You quickly got off bed and took out your uniform from your closet. HongKi was shocked by your sudden actions.

 

"~~~~-ah. What's wrong? Calm down. School starts in 3 hours." HongKi tried to stop you from running around your room trying to get ready for school.

 

Hongki was having some difficulties getting a hold of you but when he finally did he shook you real hard.

 

"Snap out of it and tell me what's wrong!" He suddenly yelled.

 

You stopped and looked at HongKi. His eyebrows were pinched together and his eyes were searching yours for some answers. Then, you squatted down and started to cry again. HongKi thought that he scared you and straight away started apologizing but actually you were just too confused on what to do.

 

HongKi comforted you in his arms for a while before letting you sleep on the bed again.

After 2 hours your alarm clock turned off and you jolted up from your bed. You looked at the time and then looked back at your now messy room. Like a zombie you changed into your uniform and went down stairs. HongKi had already made breakfast and he was in the kitchen reading the newspaper. You looked at him. HongKi grew worried again and helped you to sit in front of him. Slowly you ate your waffles. 

 

"~~~~-ah, what's wrong? Did ByungHun do anything to you?" HongKi carefully asked. 

You stopped eating but just stared down, "Did L.Joe oppa really went to school? He didn't leave right?"

"Leave? Where would he go? He left early this morning telling me he needed to visit his friends before going to school." HongKi thought about that morning, "I had just woken up though everything was sort of blur. But i was sure he said he went to meet his friend."

You sighed and started poking your waffles. HongKi looked at the clock and then back to you.

"Want me to send you to school?" HongKi grinned.

You looked up and just gave a slight nod. HongKi got his car keys and went to get the engine running while you wore your shoes. Then you spotted L.Joe's school shoes at the corner of the shoe rack. You frowned.

 

*Why is it here?* your imaginations were running wild again then you shook it off *Maybe he wore his sneakers I don't see them here.*

 

  You put on your shoes and took your skateboard and walked out to HongKi's car. You threw your skateboard at the back of the car before sitting in front, next to HongKi. Once you had your seat belts on, HongKi drove out to your school. Everything seemed so dull and boring. You were thinking about L.Joe again. 

 

*Maybe he was just playing..but it seemed so real.*

 

*What if i see him in school?! What should i do?!*

 

*Aish. Stupid. I don't feel like studying anymore.*

 

"We're here." HongKi sang as he pulled on the breaks. You got out of your thoughts and looked out the window. You were already outside the school gates. You turned to HongKi, "Thanks Oppa." You went to take your Skateboard and waved to HongKi before entering the school. You were too lazy to leave your skateboard at the bicycle stands so you just brought your skateboard to class. You didn't head to your locker afraid that L.Joe would be there. You went in the class and just ignore everyone. EunYoung and JungHae just shrugged and decided to not disturb you this time.

Classes went by and time passed. During break time, you didn't even go to the dance studio you just slept in on your desk.

 

Soon, the last bell rang and you hurriedly ran out but then your books fell onto the ground while you were trying to stuff them in your bag. You looked up and saw an awfully familiar person but your brain was not in the right condition for you to recall things. That person smiled to you and helped you pick you books. Then at the corner of your eyes you saw L.Joe. *Was that him?!* You quickly thanked the person but continuously looked back at him. He just smiled and waved to you. You threw your skateboard on the ground quickly skate off. You had no idea where you were going but you just went where ever you were going. Taking a few turns, going pass the crowds. You were just aimlessly skating through where ever the paths were leading you to. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter