FOURTEEN

Having Two Step-brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Family Love "

 

 

 

You froze there not knowing what to do. Everything just stopped as the police sirens were surrounding the place. Just then, L.Joe grabbed your hand wanting to make a run for it. In your mind everything went slow and even L.Joe's movements were as slow as ever. You could hear your heart beat as though it was right beside your ears. Everything became blurry as you started to lose your focus. L.Joe was holding onto your wrist when you suddenly fell onto the hard concrete ground with blood oozing down you leg. 

What the... L.Joe's eyes widened at the sight.

L.Joe saw one of the enemies on the floor with a knife covered with blood. L.Joe guessed that he did it before he lost conscious. He began to panic and not knowing what to do. He shook your body trying to wake you up. He did not know why he felt weak all of a sudden. Whenever his gang would fall unconscious, he would immediately carry them and bring them to somewhere safe, but with you. His mind went black out and his body was not cooperating at all.

“~~~~~-ah!” He cried and shook your body.

“Hyung!” Niel called out as him, Ricky and ChangJo were making a run for it. Just then they realized your body was lying on the ground. They ran over.

FREEZE! The police ran in with armed weapons. The trio just kneeled on the ground, cold sweat running down their foreheads. L.Joe kept trying to wake you up. The police saw the situation and the paramedics soon took you and L.Joe to the hospital. The trio was taken to the police station to be questioned. Since they were just defending themselves, the police just gave them a warning. All of them sighed in relieve and made their way to the hospital that the police gave an address to.

L.Joe was miserably sitting outside the emergency room, shivering. Not sure why he was in the first place? Was he scared of the punishment he’ll be given if the new wedded couple knew about this? Or was it just his sincere feelings for his step-sister? He did not have the courage to tell it to them. Not when they are having the most memorable time of their lives. L.Joe hung his head low as he rested his elbows on his knee. Soon L.Joe could hear Ricky and Niel’s cries from afar. He turned to see them running towards him.

“Hyung, How is she?” Niel asked as he catches his breath.

“I don’t know..” He mumbled.

“It's okay Hyung.. She’ll be okay..” Changjo sat beside L.Joe and patted his back.

“Who is she anyways? A friend?” Ricky asked.

L.Joe just kept quiet. None of his friends or better yet gang mates knew about his mother getting married again or the fact that he was getting a step-sister. L.Joe returned back to his previous position and just stayed that way. Ricky looked at Niel and Niel looked at Changjo and Changjo looked at Ricky.

Who is she?

“Anyone related to Miss Cha ~~~~?" The doctor approached them.

L.Joe heard your name and stood up right away. “Me.” He quietly said. The trio looked at him.

"She will be fine, she was just in the state of shock and she did lose quite a lot of blood but it could be easily replaced if she eats her medicine and her meals well. Right now she is resting and she’ll be able to be released once she’s awake.” The doctor explained.

“Thank You Doctor.” L.Joe bowed in appreciation and watched as the doctor walked away. The trio did the same and bowed.

A sigh of relief escaped L.Joe’s lips as he took deep breaths calming himself down. After hearing the good news from the doctor he felt as though a heavy weight was lifted from him. He walked over to the counter to ask for the room you were resting in and the nurse gladly gave him the directions. He thanked the nurse and followed the directions given with the trio still following like little chicks following their mother.

Here it is. L.Joe thought as his hand held onto the door knob. He turned to look at the three who still has a huge question mark written across their faces. L.Joe huffed in determination and twisted the doorknob and pushed the door slightly ajar. He peeped in and heard your light breathing. (Yes it was that quiet.) He carefully pushed the door a bit more and walked in. You were laid in bed with your injured leg bandaged and hanging in the air. L.Joe stood by your bed and gazed at your sleeping figure. Niel stood beside L.Joe and Ricky and ChangJo stood at the opposite side.

 

"She looks familiar..." Ricky whispered.

"Yeah..." ChangJo nodded.

"Hyung, who is she?" Niel placed a hand on his shoulder. L.Joe finally decided to tell his gang.

 

BAM! The door opened. The four of them jumped at the sudden noise and turned towards the door.

"LEE BYUNGHUN!!"

*gulp* " Uh, H-Hyung." L.Joe gave a nervous smile. Hongki stomped into the room and strangled L.Joe, shaking him with all his might.

"You dare to get our step-sister get hurt?!" He nagged while strangling L.Joe.

"STEP-SISTER?!" The trio yelled in disbelief.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter