FIFTEEN

Having Two Step-brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You were finally back in the house and you were just watching as your father and step-brothers were busy bringing in boxes of things in the house. Your mother and brothers were moving in to the house. You were all the more happy to know that that huge house would be filled with more people. Your brothers were given the guest room to share and your step-mother would share with your father’s room. Your Step-mother was busy cooking dinner and the boys were walking in and out of the house taking in box after box full of their things.

 

“Aish Hyung! Why do have so many books?!” L.Joe whined as he brought in the third box full of HongKi’s books.

“It’s good for your knowledge. So If I were you I would start reading to knock some sense into that tiny brain of yours!” HongKi hit L.Joe’s head with a magazine, “What’s this huh?! Playboy magazines!”

“Yah! Hyung! Give me that!!” L.Joe squirmed to get the magazine back as HongKi ran up the stairs with another box and L.Joe’s magazine. 

 

You just laughed at their dorky attitudes. You suddenly felt useless as you were just sitting down on the couch doing nothing but watching your family working hard. You then decided to help your mother at the kitchen you carefully walked to the kitchen and stood beside your mother who was busy frying the fish and also boiling the soup. You inhaled the delicious aroma and smiled. "Smells nice Umma" You smiled.

"Aren't you supposed to be resting like i told you to hmm?" She said while her hands and eyes were still working on the food. 

"But Ummaaa~ Its so boring just sitting there." You whined and pouted. 

"Aigoo. Arasseo..You can just sit down there and help me with the vegetables. Do you know how to do it?" She asked. 

 

You just nod your head, not really sure.

"Well, I think so. Appa usually doesn't let me touch the knife even though i'm already 17." 

"Ok. Let me show you..." She chuckled. 

 

You sat down next to her as she explains the way to cut each and every kind vegetable. You just listened intensively to what she was saying. Deep inside you were admiring how pretty and soft-spoken she was. You were impressed that she could bring up 2 sons, especially when one of them is as annoying as L.Joe.  You chuckled at the thought.

"Hmm? What's so funny..?" She eyed you.

"Ani. It’s just that i wonder how you could stand L- i mean ByungHun oppa." you asked her.

She paused for a while then cut the vegetables as she said, "ByungHun has never been like this, well you would call it annoying but to me its a miracle. He rarely speaks to me or HongKi. Only when neccessary. He distant himself. HongKi has given him his fullest attention and would try to return him to the ByungHun he was before the death of my husband."

When you heard about your step-mother's last word you felt guilty for making her think of the past.

"I'm Sorry.." you place you hand on her hand. 

"It's not your fault ~~~~~~-ah. Right now I’m glad to have a new daughter and i think its because of you ByungHun is this way again. Thank You...”

You were lost for words.  

 

________________________

 

*Aish that stupid hyung. Always looking through my things without my permission.* L.Joe grumbled in his mind.

 

He walked down the stairs and stopped when he saw you and his mother talking at the table. He stopped and hid behind the wall near the kitchen. He did not know why but he wanted to know what the both of you were talking about. 

 

"i wonder how you could stand L- i mean ByungHun Oppa." L.Joe heard you asking her.

 

*Stupid kid is asking for a death wish* L.Joe thought.

He heard silence so he decided to take a peek. He turned his head at the edge of the wall and took a peek.

 

 "ByungHun has never been like this, well you would call it annoying but to me its a miracle. He rarely speaks to me or HongKi. Only when necessary. He distant himself. HongKi has given him his fullest attention and would try to return him to the ByungHun he was before the death of my husband." His mother explained.

 

*Appa....* L.Joethought.  He started to think of the memories of him and his real father when he was young. 

He turned back and look to the front. Slowly he leaned his body to the wall and slid his body down the wall and sat down on the floor. Tears were filling up and he was at the verge of letting it all out. He thought of every memory. His father's sudden death, his life changing, him ignoring everyone, his mother and brother trying their best to pull him back to the old him, them being cautious not to bring up the word 'father'. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes as a tear trickled down his cheek. 

 

He heard you apologizing. *What is she saying sorry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter