SEVENTEEN

Having Two Step-brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Tell me! "

 

 

You slowly stepped down from your skateboard and picked it up then walked towards that same playground.

*Why do i keep coming here these days?*

Your eyebrows scrunched as you placed your skateboard down and sat on the swing. You slowly pushed yourself on the swing and enjoyed the self-quiet time alone. The breeze was cold but you were not letting this once in awhile chance of being alone pass just like that. Time slowly passed as you were thinking and when you were about to leave you felt something covering your upper body. It was a coat. You turned to see HongKi.

"Oppa."

"Hey. You'll catch a cold you know?" he softened.

"How did you know i was here?"

"I just got off from work and walking home, when i saw you."

You nodded and HongKi sat on the other swing.

"Something bothering you?"

"Nah, just thinking…"

 

The two of you had a little chat then decided to return home. When the both of you reached home, the smell of chicken soup filled the whole house. You grew excited and you ran into the kitchen. HongKi just laughed at your excitement.

"Yay! Soup!!" You squealed.

Your father was helping with the rice as your step-mother was stirring the soup. You were jumping around when L.Joe came down stairs. You immediately stopped and looked at him. He just raised a brow and looked at you.

"Alright monkey. Lets go set up the table." Your father pushed you towards the dining room.

 

*Monkey...* L.Joe thought then shrugged his shoulders.

 

Dinner went well but your father and step-mother had to leave for an urgent call at work. You were all alone with L.Joe and HongKi in the house. You volunteered to do the dishes as L.Joe just went back upstairs. HongKi came beside you and decided to lend you a hand. The two of you giggled at a joke that HongKi told when out of the blue L.Joe came back down with an urgent expression on his face and ran out of the house. The two of you heard L.Joe sped off in his motorcycle. HongKi just sighed which caused you to look at him. 

 

"Where did he run off to?" You asked.

"Trouble. You got to get used to that i guess. He always does that once in awhile." HongKi explained with a hint of disappointment in his voice. 

"Trouble?" You tilt your head as you rinse the soap off.

"Yeah.. must be Teen Top i guess. I always didn't like it when they do something to put their lives on the line. Tsk Tsk Tsk." HongKi shook his head. You laughed at his motherly-like attitude. 

"Oh! Right. It was his first day in your school right? How was it? Did anyone bully him? Please tell me someone did!"HongKi placed his palms together and looked at you with puppy eyes.

"Sorry but its more like the other way round. He beat the crap out of my friends." You huffed.

"WHAT?! WAIT TILL I GET SOME SENSE INTO THAT KID!" HongKi nagged. 

"Calm down. There's more..." You giggled. HongKi wiped his hands with a towel and waited for you to continue. 

"He also told me to not tell anyone about our relationship. Wait that sounds like i'm dating him." You laughed, " Well, not to tell about our sibling relationship." 

HongKi just nodded, "Actually its better that way. You see ByungHun has some so-called girl 'fans' that stalks him. They are willing to do anything just so that they could be his girlfriend. So it would be better for them not to know your his step-sister or else who knows what they would do to you. Look at me. I bet they don't even know he has a brother." 

 

You took some seconds to register what HongKi just explained and when it did, you finally understood. You never thought about it that way before. You just smiled to him and nod your head in agreement with him. After cleaning for a bit, HongKi stayed in the Living room watching some random shows while you went up to your room to start on your homework. You groaned as you took out your assignments. You started with History but it was making you feel bored. You started to doodle in your notebook and scribble weird and out of the world stuff. Then your phone vibrated and the screen showed '1 new message'. You placed your pen down and grabbed your phone. You slump your body against the back of the chair and opened the message.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter