EIGHTEEN

Having Two Step-brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Give me time... "

 

 

You stood there with your arms crossed, looking at JunHyung waiting for his answer. You heard him saying something about you but you were just not sure about what. JunHyung was hesitant. He was not ready to tell you yet but he knew it was not or never. He did not want to regret not telling you sooner before some guy just comes and sweeps you away from him. Deep inside him he was also afraid of rejection or worse, he was afraid he would lose your friendship. He took a deep breathe and then looked into your eyes. 

"Before i say it, promise me nothing will change between us." He gave you a serious look. You nodded in agreement. You felt weird seeing his brown eyes gazing into yours so intensely. It was different from every other time he looked into your eyes. This time it was soft and loving. You felt a little uncomfortable but you bear with it just to know what was in his mind. Junhyung brought his hands up to your shoulders and bent down to make both of your faces closer. He stared deep into your eyes.

"Promise me you won't regret it..." he whispered. 
"Just tell me already." You whined. 

Silence fell for a second and you were about to whine again when he spoke. 

"I love you."

You were taken aback but then you thought he was joking. "Psh i know" You slapped on his shoulder lightly while chuckling. "No one can resist me." You turned around to walk away but Junhyung tugged on your wrist and pulled you into a hug. Your eyes widended as Junhyung burried his face on the crook of your neck. Your arms were hanging by your side. His sweet scent hit you like a moving vehicle. Suddenly, the whole world disappeared as his embrace warmed you. 

"I love you. I can't take it anymore, it's been too long. I love you...so much." Junhyung mumbled against your skin causing shivers to run down your spine. 

You didn't know how to react. You never thought he would like you. Sure sometimes he would make your heart flutter when he takes care of you. He was always taking care of you even when you didn't need it. He noticed the little details and was always by your side. But...you never had deep feelings for him. You felt as though you were cornered. You didn't want to hurt his feelings but at the same time you don't want it to be awkward between the two of you. You thought it through for a while before slowly pushing away. Junhyung released you, reluctantly, and looked at you. You hesistated before looking at him and gave him a small smile.

"I...I need time to think..." You told him.

"Oh." That was all he could say. 

"I guess i should head home now..." you let out an awkward chuckle.

He seemed to notice it, "Do you want me to walk you home?" 

You shook your head, "Nah, it's okay. I can walk by myself. It's getting late, you should go home too! There's school tomorrow. If you're late you'll get in trouble..." You made up excuses and Junhyung understood. 

"Yeah, you're right." He gave a small smile genuinely this time. 

 You shuffled around before taking a step back while waving at him. "I'll be going now..." 

Just as you were about to turn away Junhyung called out your name. You looked at him. 

 

"Just don't take too long..." 

You smiled. "I won't." 

 

You strode away not wanting to look back while Junhyung stared at your figure disappearing at the corner of the street. He let out a sigh and turned to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter