THIRTY-THREE

Having Two Step-brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" The Last Day. "

 

 

Beep Beep Beep. 

“Urgh.” L.Joe woke up from his sleep and turned off his alarm clock. He slowly sat up on his bed, rubbing his right eye. The sun rays were shining brightly from the opened windows. L.Joe looked left and right. Everything seemed the same as the day before. He guessed he had slept in after he changed into his clothes.

 

L.Joe turned to open his drawer for his watch but then he stopped when he noticed someone was sitting on the floor, leaning against his bed. L.Joe got off his bed and walked to around the bed. His eyes softened when he saw you sleeping in that position. Beside you was a wet towel and a small bowl of water.

 

*She must have taken care of me when i was sleeping.*

 

L.Joe sighed and squat down next to you. He wanted to wake you up when suddenly he remembered.

"Give me one more day with her, After that I'll go."

L.Joe clenched his fist. It would be the last time. The very last day. L.Joe felt anger rush through his body but then he cooled down once he noticed you were moving. L.Joe sensed that you were uncomfortable in that position. L.Joe couldn't carry you in some ways since you were at the corner so he had no choice but to wake you up. Carefully L.Joe poked your side trying to wake you up but you never moved. He grew frustrated and started to shake you, REAL HARD. 

"Yah! Wake u-" L.Joe landed on his , a meter away from you. You had just kicked him. 

You jolted up and looked at L.Joe who was clutching his stomach. 

Your eyes rounded and covered your opened-mouth with your hands, "I'm Sorry Oppa!!" 

You started to panic and check on him.

"it's alright. Just be careful next time." L.Joe grunted.

You stopped and stared at him. L.Joe noticed you were not moving anymore and looked at you.

"What?" L.Joe asked.

You stayed silent for a while then started to question him, "No 'Crazy Woman'? No 'What the hell'?"

L.Joe took sometime before understanding what you meant. He just stood up.

"I can't always be treating you badly right?" L.Joe simply stated and walked towards the door. 

 

"Wait!" You called out. L.Joe turned back.

"Are you feeling better? Y-you had a fever last night." You rubbed the back of your neck. 

"Fever? Yeah I guess I'm okay." L.Joe nodded. 

You sighed in relief. L.Joe gave a small smile, "Hey hurry up and change."

 

You looked at the time and stood up. School starts in 2 hours time. You smiled back and went to your room for a bath and a change into your school uniform. HongKi had gone early to work but he left a little breakfast for the two of you before heading to school. You came down and smelled the delicious aroma and went to the kitchen. There were two plates but one of them was already empty. You looked around to see the house already empty.

*Guess Oppa left already..*  Since you had a lot of time left you took your own sweet time eating your breakfast and when you were done you washed the dishes. 

BANG!

 

The door flung open. There stood a very angry person. You were startled and dried your hands before walking to the door. L.Joe stood there with his arms crossed. 

"What are you doing?" He grumbled.

"Uh..I've just finished breakfast." You tilt your head at why he was so angry.

"What took you so long? Do you know how long i've waited?" L.Joe finally threw your sneakers to you. 

"I don't wear my sneakers to school you know." You wore them anyways. 

Once you were done you playfully stood up and observed L.Joe. One thing for sure, he wasn't in his uniform.

"Why aren't you in your uniform?" You asked while pointing to him.

"Who ever said we're going to school." L.Joe smirked and dragged you out of the house. He locked the door while still holding onto your hand. Then he pulled you towards his motorcycle. 

"Wait. Then where are we going?" 

"Just wait and see." L.Joe tossed your helmet while he wore his before sitting on his motorcycle. 

 

You just stood there with your arms wrapped around the helmet. "I'm not going anywhere if you're not telling me." 

L.Joe got off and went to you. He took the helmet from you and placed it on your head. 

"Let's go." He cheered and went back to his motorcycle. You felt his change of attitude and went to sit behind L.Joe.

"Is today a special day or something? You're treating me nicely for once." You softly giggled.

L.Joe swallowed the lump in his throat, "Like i said, I can't always be treating you badly."

 

*At least i can make you smile for the last time.*  

 

L.Joe sped down the streets to the destination. You just clung onto him and watched as the sceneries pass by. After about half an hour, L.Joe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter