Chapter 17 - A Princess' Happiness

Youngest of Pieces: Five Years in History (9)

Wearing her own faux-leather zip-up jacket on top of the black parrot-print sleeveless a-line dress and lace up sneakers, Hannah is sitting restlessly in the van going to Maria’s concert the moment she got out of the airport. She is restless because the first concert has passed, and the second concert is about to begin and she hasn’t arrived there yet. A lot of people are there; her members have texted her, giving out comments and expressions and excitement about the concert, and then members of SHINee are there so Jonghyun have filled her cell phone with text messages asking when she is coming and saying she is missing something “awesome”, like Maria always says. FT Island was there for the first concert, some junior groups too, members of Super Junior came with DBSK’s Yunho and Changmin, and then members of f(x) are still there and there are some other people there too. Stylist Mi Young has even taken pictures from backstage that she has sent Hannah, simply telling her to hurry up.

“Are you driving slower than usually?” Hannah asks in a bitter voice, leaning forward to direct the question to the manager who came to pick them up.

“It’s dark outside – I drive with safety first,” he answers her.

Hannah sighs and leans back in her seat, looking back down at her cell phone. Her legs are almost shaking, unable to be still. She will miss Maria’s concert! Looking at the time, she pouts as the concert has started by now. She only imagines how it looks like by how Maria has been describing it, imagining the leader making her appearance to the chic song [Classic Girl], featuring Emelia who charismatically will make an appearance to rap. Maria will look fabulous, like a real diva. Hannah has still not melted her time in Shanghai and Beijing; her book breaking records and all that… It’s still impossible for her to grasp, but she can grasp that Maria will make the whole world shout out ‘princess’ to her, chanting it during her concert and hoping it will never end. She wants to be there so badly, so sit with the other ladies and enjoy the leader’s concert. Hannah didn’t even wipe away the make-up from her schedules in Beijing; not that she ever thought of it, too excited for the concert to think of such a tiny matter, but it is good she keeps it on as she will have to take pictures and whatnot to show that she is there, supporting the leader.

The van pulls up at the front, where they had planned for Hannah and Manager Lee to get off and hurry inside. The moment Hannah rushes out of the van she can hear some fans give off a sudden shriek further away by her sudden appearance, but she is in such a hurry that even when glancing up she can’t see anything and Manager Lee waves for her to hurry up. Hannah turns off the sound on her cell phone when rushing inside, a security guard showing them the way to their seat. They walk inside the concert hall, and Hannah has to hold on to her manager’s arm as she tries to see the stage at the same time. Maria has just started to perform the R&B track [Ne, Ne, Ne (Yes, Yes, Yes)] from her first single, and the stage looks bright and perfect for the leader and the audience is enjoying it. Hannah finds herself smiling, almost stumbling on a cord that makes her cover in surprise, and her appearance in the crowd makes those around start to scream a little more. Hannah hurries, wanting to find her place so she can shout along with everyone else to the leader.

Julia and Carolina are both sitting in the small VIP section, and they both waves when Hannah comes to join them. Within seconds Hannah is filled in on what has happened so far; two songs, the talk introduction and now the R&B song. Emelia featured in the first song and when Maria performed [A Better Day] that normally features EXO’s Chanyeol, the audience apparently had gone completely wild as f(x)’s Amber had done that appearance instead and Maria had been typical Maria by slapping Amber on the and before the rapper left the stage, Amber had hit Maria on the too, smiling. It will be so much talk about that among the fans, Hannah doesn’t even have to see it to know that. It isn’t just the members of 5 Pieces sitting in the audience (Emelia comes to sit on Hannah’s other side now when she is done with her feature), but SHINee’s Minho, Onew and Jonghyun are there too, briefly waving to Hannah who arrives late, and also f(x)’s members are there. Hannah is so happy she made it. She just missed the beginning, but she is there, she is with her members shouting whenever the fans do so. She laughs with Julia when Carolina out of nowhere shouts out as the fourth song begins – the ballad [Back Home] that Emelia wrote. During the song, Carolina hands Hannah a light-stick, and they all hold it up to be part of the audience, moving it back and forth to the beautiful song, to Maria’s perfect voice.

It’s different to sit in the audience, to see Maria alone there on the stage. She is perfect, such a great performing with her looks and voice and her way to entertain an audience. Hannah is in a daze watching the leader’s concert, singing along to some songs and jumping to others, screaming with all she can to show her support. She jumps up and down with her members for one song, shouting out together and waving the light-sticks in the air at the same time. To be honest, she is sure the ladies in the audience have twice as fun being in the audience because it is Maria on the stage. They become hardcore fans for the concert, and Hannah drops her jacket on the seat when standing up, just having fun cheering on the leader like she has wanted to do so badly.

The concert isn’t that long. A little more than an hour, which isn’t long at all but Maria has only come out with an album and a single so she doesn’t have that many songs and neither does she think it is too short as it fits all of what she wants to show. Towards the end of the concert though, 5 Pieces disappear from the audience. Maria’s last song is a catchy dance pop song called [You Make Me Smile], which sounds like a love song and it is really sweet.

When the song last ends, Maria thanks everyone for coming and she keeps bowing and smiling and getting all teary as her first solo concert has been today. It isn’t the huge stage she is used to; it is a stage where she feels closer to the audience, where she feels more as an artist rather than an idol. She loves it.

But while Maria is preparing to leave the stage, her concert have ended, voices are heard in microphones.

“Whoa!”

“The Classic Girl!”

“Isn’t our leader just awesome, everyone?!” Carolina calls out to the audience screaming loudly as 5 Pieces comes up on the stage. Maria laughs, looking so proud to see that all four ladies are coming up on the stage – to her concert ending. The audience is going crazy at 5 Pieces fooling around, Emelia calling out all the dancers and also f(x)’s Amber comes up with them, just melting in on the stage with them. “Did you all enjoy the concert?”

“Why are you talking?” Maria complains at the mascot while the audience is standing up, shouting crazily, but Emelia tells Maria to just be quiet. Maria looks shocked out at the audience, asking her fans if the ladies should treat her this way and Hannah is just standing there with the biggest smile, wearing a sort of flag/towel around her shoulders instead of the jacket; it has Maria’s PRINCESS logo on it from the album that has been sold outside the concert hall for fans to buy along with all the other merchandises.

“Maria is the ultimate leader,” Carolina continues, and the audience actually laughs because it doesn’t sound like she is telling the truth. “Because she takes all the spotlight and lets her members learn from her mistakes.”

“Ya-“

Emelia is fast to cover Maria’s mouth, and the audience laughs again, some laughs a little more because two male dancers are coming up on the stage with a hand-size cake each. Hannah gets one of the cakes, happily smiling at the audience while slowly approaching the leader and Emelia from behind, while Carolina is just talking gibberish with some help of Emelia and Julia. Emelia glances back, slightly removing her hand from Maria’s mouth but still holding on to the leader to let her know she can cover if she tries to speak. Hannah holds the cake with both hands when Emelia grabs some in her fist, letting Julia hold the microphone.

Without any warning, Emelia puts her hand in Maria’s face, holding on to the leader who gives out a shriek so Hannah can splash the whole cake in her face. Though Maria did not expect it at all, the moment she sees Hannah holding the leftovers of the cake that isn’t on the stage floor or in Maria’s shocked face, the leader bursts out and points at the youngest, not believing she could do that. She had thought it was at least one of the dancers as she could see the other members, but to have Hannah do it was something she didn’t expect. Hannah just apologizes, staying cute and stepping to the back while Maria laughs loudly and the audience is cheering. The other cake is for Maria to actually celebrate with; to lighten up and to blow out for these successful first two concerts.

Once they have calmed down a little, Maria has almost wiped off the cake, she is pouting with the tears falling down her cheeks, looking from one member to another and at the audience that is still cheering and showing their support.

“Thank you so much for loving my album and for coming to my first solo concert,” Maria begins to say her final speech once again, saying some new things. The ladies are cheering around her, Hannah is just hugging Maria’s arm, happy for her. “I didn’t really think I would ever have a concert without 5 Pieces, without my ladies, and it has really been a challenge to take on the stage by myself. I wouldn’t have made it at all without the crew; the awesome dancers we work with…” She looks around at the dancers cheering in the back, spotting Amber standing among them and points at her when remembering them. “I also would want to thank all my friends, seniors and co-workers, for showing their support by coming here. F(x)’s y member, Amber, who helped out with a song. And those who have been sitting in the audience … Out over there, we now have SHINee-” she points out in the audience that turns to face the three members of SHINee and she mentions some others in the audience and those who came to the concert earlier this evening. Maria sniffles, grabbing a tight grip of Hannah. “And for my members, who have been bringing me down to earth whenever I have flied off to the sky for my solo promotions…”

Maria is crying when she looks at the ladies and Hannah tears up too. She knows Maria’s simple words means so much, they all somehow know each other’s thoughts and feelings, how much it has meant for Maria to release a full-length album, to win on music programs as a solo artist and to have her very own concert.

“I know you ladies are very busy,” Maria tells her members, “thank you for not treating me bad even when I can’t stop talking about my solo activities. Thank you. I want to thank everyone for coming here tonight!”

Before getting off the stage, after that they all have been bowing and thanking the audience, Maria reminds the fans to wait a little to see the new music video that will be shown when the concert ends.

It is celebration backstage. Hannah is smiling and talking to the stylists and dancers and some others and trying to catch a minute with the leader but she is too busy being everywhere and they take pictures and it is crazy and in the middle of it all, Hannah finds herself looking at Kim Jonghyun. He is eating cake, chatting with some others while he is also looking at her, smiling at her and she smiles back.

“Hey.” Maria waves her hand in front of Hannah, waking her up from looking at some distraction. “Leader to baby, yo.”

“Congratulations,” Hannah says the thing she has repeated to the leader when they took pictures before.

Maria giggles, which isn’t like the leader to do, and she holds her arms around Hannah for a hug. “You really didn’t have to rush here, but thanks for doing it,” the leader tells Hannah in a low voice, and Hannah thinks the leader is about to start crying again. “Thanks for coming, Hannah.”

“What did they put in your cake?” Hannah laughs, hugging Maria friendly. “I’m still sorry for being late. You did perfect out there, by the way, like always.”

“I’ll do even better in Busan tomorrow,” Maria chuckles and gets out of the hug. The leader is a very busy person, going around thanking every single person, hugging them all and reminding every single person backstage to come to the after party and she asks Hannah three times to remind her to go there. Maria is pretty sure Hannah has no idea of just how much it means to her to know that Hannah managed to come after all.

Hannah turns to her manager when she finds him, asking about tomorrow’s schedule as her head need to start planning. Everyone is starting to prepare to leave and Hannah has grabbed her jacket, the ladies also preparing to leave. She has drama promotions tomorrow, doing interviews and make appearances at some talk shows with the cast. Hannah looks away from the schedule with a pout, smiling right away when Jonghyun is standing next to her, trying to look at the schedule and when she takes down the paper in her hand he takes a hold of it to see it.

“Do you have an early morning?” he whispers, moving closer so he touches her arm while looking at her schedule.

“Not that early,” Hannah answers in a low voice, glancing up at him but shyly looks out the room and at her manager and then breathes out when she looks down at the paper. “Are you going to the after party?”

“No, sorry,” Jonghyun breathes in, not hiding that he is looking straight at her from the side. “We got a radio program to head to. But I have some minutes to spare, dare to join me?”

She got no idea why he speaks like that, but it makes her smile as she hands the paper back to her manager who has quietly been waiting. Manager Lee now tells her that they can spend their “minutes” by going out to the car, as Hannah is going with her members to the after party. With no one else going out just yet so Hannah and Jonghyun is first among the members to go out, Manager Lee coming along.

They talk about the concert, Hannah whining when Jonghyun talks about the opening just because she missed it (he is boasting of the colours and the video and the clothes and the audience, just because Hannah didn’t see it). They go out at the back, Hannah stopping right inside the door to take on her jacket and she smiles as Manager Lee keeps talking about the concert that he managed to see from the “manager’s booth” and Jonghyun keeps the door open for her to slink outside once the jacket is on. She whispers to Jonghyun that her manager is always complaining when it comes to Maria, and Jonghyun laughs when putting his arm around her shoulders in a very natural way. Manager Lee stays with them outside the building, it is dark and the air is a little chilly but it is really nice and actually fresh to stand out there compared to the compact air inside.

“If I didn’t know better,” Jonghyun tells the manager, still standing with his arm around Hannah, “I would think you and Maria have some flirty feelings towards each other.”

Manager Lee looks offended by those words and Hannah laughs, leaning against her boyfriend’s chest. She thinks he is just teasing the manager, and Jonghyun smiles at their reactions. “That’s not funny, Jonghyun,” Manager Lee mutters, shaking those words off. “Freaky words, I tell you that.”

“All of you are freaky,” Hannah mentions and nudges Jonghyun on the side, “Don’t be mean.”

“Yeah, listen to your girlfriend, don’t be mean,” Emelia chuckles as she comes out from the building, wrapping a blanket around her. “Are we talking about how mean everyone is or is it just Jonghyun?”

Hannah points at the dyed-blonde y man standing tightly on her right side, smiling when he pulls her in for a hug to hide that she points at him, and he shakes his head above hers to Emelia. “Hannah is a little tired, I think,” he says, not letting her out of the hug and he is smiling broadly at her giggling in his arms. Emelia rolls her eyes, then asking about their opinions of the concert. Hannah puts her arms around Jonghyun, looking up at him to smile as he looks down at her. “Congratulations, Nabi,” he smiles, using his soft charming voice.

She frowns. “For what…?”

“Your book, of course,” Jonghyun answers.

The smile in her face can not get bigger. Hannah begins laughing; for an hour she had forgotten all about her book success, and to hear the sweet voice of her boyfriend congratulating her for it, she just can’t look happier. Jonghyun smiles, gives her a quick peck on her forehead before asking Emelia if she has congratulated the best selling author.

“Damn you!” Emelia bursts out, shocking Hannah completely as it was not the reaction she expected. “Hannah, I knew about it, but Maria is planning to surprise you at the after party so don’t you dare give away it. And you-” she glares at Jonghyun, “it’s your fault.”

They starts laughing at Emelia giving away the secret, and while laughing Hannah wonders what surprise the leader is planning and how she can avoid it. Emelia smirks, and moves a finger to her lips when more people starts coming out through the backdoor. Jonghyun drops one arm, standing with one arm around Hannah’s shoulders again, they all saying goodbye or ‘see you at the after party’ to some people coming out, but when Minho comes out from the building with SHINee’s manager saying they have to go, Jonghyun turns Hannah around for a hug, swaying her back and forth in his arms while whispering to her.

When they are all heading to their vans, Hannah grabs Maria’s arm to take her a little on the side, the leader just brightly walking next to her, asking if she is ready to shake loose to Maria’s all awesome songs.

“I hope you aren’t planning any surprise, Maria,” Hannah mentions and Maria opens in surprise, stopping her steps.

“Who the heck told you?!” Maria bursts out, pushing Hannah’s arm in frustration and then it hits her. “Carolina, that cow! She can never keep shut! I swear, baby, it would just be a little thing to congratulate you on making us the proudest sisters on the earth; the party is still mine. Please don’t let Carolina ruin it-”

“Carolina didn’t tell me,” Hannah whispers to her, “and I will run away if you try anything.”

“Oh, come on!” Maria grimaces. When Hannah keeps walking, Maria hurries after her, complaining about Carolina ruining the surprise and now Hannah ruining the after party and almost crying when begging Hannah to just go and get surprised and have a good time. Once they are in the van going to the after party, Hannah is whining in the back to not let the members and manager surprise her at the after party, trying to convince them that it will be pointless and it is just the noisiest car-ride in quite some time.

Even when arriving, the girls are noisy getting out of the van and Maria keeps hitting Hannah on the arm to try changing her mind. Hannah hits back – not as hard – and whines that she is not changing her mind.

“Are you two going stop that or what?” Manager Lim sighs, stepping in between the two of them, “This is a time of celebration, not fighting.”

“I am not going in there if she will do something,” Hannah warns.

“Hannah,” Manager Lim sighs again, “we all just want to congratulate you, there is nothing bad about it. And you have been very busy, Hannah, let the ladies do this.”

She mutters at him, saying he is part of it and she won’t listen and Emelia says she is such a child. But when they all walk inside for the after party, all the focus is on Maria. Dancers and staff have already arrived and they begin to cheer by the captain’s entrance, and Maria brightly open up her arms to be welcomed, loudly thanking everyone.

Because everyone is getting up early in the morning, they are prepared to not be there for hours but even with that they are cheering and celebrating Maria’s first two solo concerts, hoping for another successful one tomorrow when she is going to Busan. Hannah keeps an eye on her members, trying to sense when they are going to surprise her or whatever, and she checks her cell phone a lot too. Honggi is texting her, and while talking to him, Hannah sends text messages to Jonghyun. He is still at his radio program, and eventually, the youngest makes up her mind when Honggi asks her a specific question. Knowing her ladies would never let her leave because of their surprise that probably isn’t a surprise since she knows about it but Hannah really don’t want to stick around worrying when it will happen so she takes Manager Lee to the side.

“Oppa, is it okay if I leave? A friend is picking me up,” Hannah mumbles, glancing around to make sure no lady or manager can hear her.

“You’re going with Jonghyun?” Manager Lee nods as if he understands.

Hannah glances at him, looking guilty. “Actually, Honggi is picking me up…”

“Oh…”

“Don’t tell the ladies that I’m leaving; I really don’t want whatever it is they are preparing,” Hannah tells him, preparing to walk away but looking at her manager, asking if he can keep it a secret for now. He nods, saying the ladies are having a good time so they probably won’t know a person is missing until it’s a little late. Hannah thanks him before slinking out. She can trust her manager, only him when it comes to this; everyone else wouldn’t let her go because they would want to congratulate her for the book. He has learned she is not an attention seeker.

She is a little upset at herself for wearing a dress when she walks outside the building; the chilly air touches her bare legs, but it isn’t really cold outside. She stands outside just for a few minutes, getting a little happy when a car pulls up in front of her and Honggi stretches over the passenger seat to open the door for her.

“Hello, Sunshine!” Honggi brightly greets her when Hannah sits down. “You look pretty in that. I don’t think I expected to see it…”

Hannah doesn’t respond to his comment, instead she asks him a question about his day instead. Honggi laughs, beginning to talk about his day and not noticing how Hannah is just happy to have gotten away. She don’t think her ladies will care that much that she left; she was there, she has showed all her love and support for Maria, and they all know she would only leave because of the surprise. Hannah don’t want the attention, she has gotten enough of that during her weekend already.

“Where should we go?” Honggi wonders.

“You decide,” Hannah answers and stretches out in her seat.

“Then I know just the right place,” Honggi smirks and drives when the stop-light turns to green. He then changes the subject; “I thought you would be sitting at the party and just smile like a proud little sister at Maria.”

“Yeah… It turned out they wanted to surprise me for my book being published outside Korea,” Hannah mumbles, looking out the window. “I didn’t want that.”

Honggi chuckles and shakes his head with a smile at her, “So you decided to run away?”

“Mhm…” Hannah answers and then glances at him. Honggi glances at her too, still smiling at the thought of Hannah running away from her members because they want to congratulate her. “It sounds horrible, doesn’t it?”

He shrugs his shoulders. “Maybe, maybe not. If they don’t find it horrible, it’s not,” he answers her. He laughs by himself while driving. “We went to the first concerts, you know that, right? When we went backstage, Maria hugged us and was so excited about the concert but she explained when I asked where you were, that you maybe couldn’t make it and that it didn’t matter because you were busy putting China in a daze with your book. They are very proud, Hannah; maybe you should’ve let them show it too.”

“Since when did you become so wise?” Hannah laughs.

Again he shrugs his shoulders, looking happy by himself that she says he is wise. It takes some minutes before he parks the car, and Hannah is smiling when she gets out of the car. They are by the Han River, and the two of them begins walking along it. It’s dark outside, barely anyone is outside, one person is out jogging but avoids eye-contact – not noticing who they are.

“Do you remember when we used to come here all the time?” Honggi chuckles by the memories, breathing in the air with his hands in his jacket pockets. “I would kidnap you, take you out on pizza and we would walk here, pretend we were on a secret mission; hiding from our managers.”

“You were sure we had a tracking device on us,” Hannah laughs to the sky.

“And you had absolutely no idea of what I was saying,” he laughs too. It was good times. The chubby Hannah, who had to loose weight and was practicing every day, and Honggi, who was on a diet too; he would pick her up, let her eat and even if she didn’t understand even half of the things he was saying at that time he was a good friend to her. She was so shy at that time, Hannah remembers how she didn’t even dare to look at him, and she kept questioning the reason he would keep contacting her, wanting to meet up. She would never have guessed he actually liked her at that time. Now she has grown up, but she is still denying the truth. “Are you cold?”

Hannah looks up at him, then down at her clothes before she shakes her head. “I’m okay,” she answers honestly. She likes the weather now, when it isn’t too hot or too cold, just this in between where you are unsure if you really need to dress warmer or not.

“So…” Honggi breathes out while taking long and slow steps, glancing at Hannah while keeping his head forward, “has it made a big impact on you with your book making records or did you really not want to be congratulated at Maria’s party?”

She makes a face looking down at her feet. “Both, I guess…” she sighs. “This year has really been a lot, and just this weekend … I don’t know. It has just been a lot going on and I think I just wanted to step out for a bit.”

Honggi nods, staying quiet for some seconds. Hannah glances at him. Honggi is actually a good friend of hers, she think that after everything they have gone through with both of them being idiots to the other, they are still good friends. Awkwardness can come in between at times but right now, right now when they are walking along the Han River in the middle of this October night, he is nothing else but a good friend of hers. Hannah turns to look the other way, out at the river. In her hometown they also have a river going through the city, but it is maybe 1/3 as wide as the Han River. Coming to Korea, everything has gotten bigger. The big city, the streets, the crowds walking on these streets… No city in her home country is this big. Hannah can’t remember when she got used to this big size of everything. It’s like when she was in Beijing today. She had no idea she could bring out such an enormous crowd of people, to see so many people come out to just see her, it is something she hasn’t gotten used to. Will she one day?

“I went to Tokyo recently,” Hannah starts to mention as the silence between them gets longer. She didn’t know he was waiting for her to continue, she thought he just had nothing more to say. “Before going home here, I went to a mall there – my book had just been released in Japan, so I was curious about it. After a few minutes, the whole mall was starting to get crowded… because of me.”

She finds herself frowning at Honggi, them both slowly walking next to each other.

“It wasn’t an event; I hadn’t told anyone I was going there. But the whole mall was filled with people all of a sudden; even the police had to come…”

“You’re famous,” Honggi comments with a chuckle, looking away from her while biting on to the inside of his lip. He finds it obvious, but Hannah can’t grasp it the same way.

“Yeah, I’m part of 5 Pieces; that’s something I have gotten used to after five years. But see earlier today, when I was in Beijing, two fans fainted at a book signing – a book signing, Honggi. Is that even possible? I have been so busy with the drama for these past two months that … I haven’t expected to get any attention other than that, I’m so taken back.”

“It’s like stepping out from a room and notice the whole world has changed, right?” Honggi knows the feeling, turning to look at her again with his friendly smile, “You’re acting in a drama, Hannah, it’s like another world there and then you get back in reality where you are used to be and you think you have missed something while you in fact just have been to busy in another direction. It’s nothing weird with it at all; I have had the same thoughts.”

Hannah is quietly looking at him, stunned by how he manages to express her feelings and thoughts. She doesn’t notice they have stopped, looking at each other. Hannah is just blank, thinking of what he said and realising slowly that it is exactly how she feels at the moment and Honggi is just looking at her, smiling as her face-expression tells him exactly what she is thinking off. He takes in a deep breath to release a helpless sigh, his smile slowly fading the longer he looks at her and eventually Hannah begins to blink, looking away with a tiny little frown in her forehead. “I guess I just wasn’t prepared to have so much attention put on my book…” she mumbles and begins walking, at first not noticing that Honggi doesn’t follow but when she think it is empty next to her and turns around, Honggi has started to walk after her, smiling widely.

“That’s why you try to avoid it?” he smiles when coming up next to her, smiling the widest he can down at her.

“No,” Hannah pouts, but she knows exactly what he means. “I need time to let it melt in, that’s all…”

“Yeah sure,” Honggi laughs. He laughs even more when she hits him on the arm, pretty hard. “Ah! I’m kidding with you! Ah… that really hurt.”

“It’s your own fault,” Hannah mutters. Honggi still laughs, hitting her lightly back on the arm.

She enjoys the time with Honggi. They both get to talk a little; let out their worries to each other and know that the other understands it and though they aren’t away for long, Hannah is feeling a lot better when they sits down in the car again. Maria has texted her during the time, writing that she is sad Hannah left because of the surprise but hoping Hannah won’t be upset at the ladies for wanting to do it, also telling her to say ‘doodles’ to Honggi (Hannah doesn’t know what it means, so she just says that Maria sends her usual love) and not be gone for too long. It did take longer time than Hannah thought because when Honggi is driving her home, the other ladies have already returned from the after party.

Hannah thanks Honggi for the company before waving him off, getting inside the apartment-building and wondering if her members are angry at her for leaving. She was at the party for some time, after all, but would they still be angry at her? Manager Lee has texted the time he will come pick her up in the morning, and Hannah enters the apartment thinking of the things she has to do before that. In the hall they have put her bag from the trip to China; Hannah puts her jacket on top of it and takes it to the stairs to bring it upstairs with her, but before going upstairs she looks around on the first floor. The lamp in the kitchen is on, everything in the living-room is off, so Hannah sneaks over to the kitchen to peek inside, seeing Emelia sit there and eat some late snacks and looking through something on her tablet.

“Hi…” Hannah says in a low voice, and she looks guilty when Emelia looks up with cold small blue-green eyes. Emelia really knows how to look angry. “Has the others gone to bed?” Hannah stays by the entrance to the kitchen, not walking inside.

“Maria is in the bath, relaxing a bit. The others have gone to bed; they are in their room, anyway.”

“Are you angry at me?” Hannah wonders, hearing the cold voice in her friend.

“I’m disappointed,” Emelia answers. “Maria says she understands, but I’m disappointed that you left in the middle of the party just because we wanted to congratulate you for something great.”

“Even if I said I didn’t want any kind of surprise?” Hannah mutters. She doesn’t really think she did anything wrong other than leaving, but she did tell them she didn’t want a surprise.

“The surprise wasn’t the point; us showing support to you, that is what it all was about.”

Hannah shakes her head, muttering that she was congratulated by them before she walks to the stairs to not start a fight with the rapper – Hannah is too tired for it. As soon as she is walking away, she can hear Emelia say something;

“Jonghyun is upstairs. Just so you know.”

Hannah thinks she heard it wrong first, not knowing why Jonghyun would be upstairs as she hasn’t gotten a text about it. She hopes he isn’t trying to give her a surprise – his way to congratulate her? – and Hannah head upstairs, the bathroom on the right when she comes up to the second floor of their apartment is playing some music by Ed Sheeran, and Hannah knows it is the leader relaxing in there with a nice bath and maybe some book or internet entertaining her. Hannah wonders if she can talk to her in the morning, about the after party just to make sure the leader isn’t upset about it; Hannah honestly doesn’t care if Emelia is upset because she gets upset about mostly everything Hannah does, but it has been Maria’s day and Hannah don’t want to ruin it.

She walks inside her bedroom, seeing Jonghyun sit on it. He is all dressed in white like before; white long-sleeve shirt and white pants, even white socks. He looks up when she walks inside, and she isn’t sure if he looks sad or tired, but she greets him in a low voice as she knows she is tied. She actually wanted to take a long hot shower and crawl in her bed, something she has wanted to do all day. She puts her things on the side and closes the door after her, glancing at Jonghyun who is eyeing her up and down. He does look sad.

“What’s wrong?” she wonders, suddenly worried that his sudden visit is because something has happened, and she takes a seat next to him, turned to face him with one hand pulling her dress over her knees and the other places on his leg.

Jonghyun looks down at her hand with a sigh, puts his hand over hers. “Did you have fun with Honggi?”

His voice sounds deeply sad, and Hannah frowns as it sounds as if she has been cheating on him or something. “I wouldn’t describe it as fun exactly, we just talked… What has happened?” she tells him honestly and then leans her head to the side to see his face better, still frowning.

“Nothing has happened. Or one thing happened; I went to the after party, and was told that my girlfriend had left with man number 2.”

“Man number 2?” Hannah looks seriously so confused, not even understanding he is referring Honggi as that man, but after several of seconds it hits her and she takes her hand away from his. “Are you serious right now? You look like someone has died and it’s just jealousy because I was hanging out with Honggi?”

“Yes. And you know why I am jealous? It’s not because you left with him because I was busy working, it is because when I asked where you were, Carolina said you took off with him, and when she saw my face-expression she told me to not worry because he had even come to the apartment before without anything happening – Honggi has been here?”

He is looking at her, not sad anymore, he is angry. Hannah can’t believe Carolina said that, but then again; Carolina never knows what things not to tell others.

“Honggi came by for an hour several of weeks ago, and he never came upstairs,” Hannah answers him. They had been talking in the living-room that time.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Jonghyun asks, his voice slightly light and loud, and she realises he had hoped her to deny it, to say that Honggi was never in the apartment.

“I don’t have to tell you everything, Jonghyun,” she answers with her shoulders up by her ear. “It’s not like I need your permission to meet friends, right?”

“But you know what I think of you meeting him,” he mumbles, lowering his chin but keeping those dark eyes focused on her. Hannah bites together, looking upset at him. She knows that.

She sighs and gets up on her knee, one foot standing on the floor and one knee resting on the bed so she can hold on to his face and look down at him, focusing her eyes on his. “I’m sorry for not telling you that Honggi came by that night. But things are finally becoming normal between the two of us, I can’t just tell him no when he wants to meet up because my boyfriend don’t like us hanging out. You seriously should stop being jealous of him; there is nothing to be jealous of,” she tells him, not once looking away from him. When she has said the things she wanted to say, she takes her hand lightly through his hair before backing away.

Jonghyun takes her hand, pulling her back to hold his arms around her and hug her, his head by her s and Hannah lets her arms fall down his back, waiting for him to look up at her. He doesn’t look up. “I don’t want you to meet him without telling me,” he mumbles to her.

“You want me to ask for permission?” Hannah asks. He is so aware of the tone in her voice, the hidden question that asks him if he thinks she ever will do such a thing. No, he doesn’t think she will ask for permission, not for anything at all; she is after all one of 5 Pieces.

“Just let me know you are meeting him, no question about it,” he answers and lifts his head up to look at her, his hands holding on to her waist. She could count each finger holding on to her, all ten of his fingers. It makes her nervous; his hands on her waist and his eyes looking at her. Just his face makes her nervous, he is really handsome.

Hannah doesn’t answer or comment, not knowing what to say and she is loss at words to see his face. She leans down, her forehead against his and she closes her eyes tiredly, wrapping one arm around his neck, touching his hair with her fingers. She would never ask him for permission to do anything, it is nothing she would ever do, but she will let him know if she is meeting Honggi just to not ruin things between them. Jonghyun breathes slowly, taking one hand up to her cheek and with two fingers caressing her cheek up and down before he takes his fingertips down her chin, and his thumb touches her lower lip as he stretches his back to reach up for a kiss. It’s a soft kiss. Hannah bites her lip afterwards, looking at him.

“Is it okay if I stay the night?” Jonghyun whispers, his eyes glancing from her eyes to her lips just briefly. “I don’t have a ride home until morning.”

“I have to shower,” Hannah comments.

Jonghyun suddenly smiles, and she smiles back when guessing what he is thinking. He blinks softly, keeping that sweet smile in his face when lying down on his back in the bed. “I’ll wait,” he says, closing his eyes. Hannah laughs and steps over to her bag. While she unpacks the bag and prepares for the shower, Jonghyun lays there on his back, smiling and following her every move with his eyes. He smiles wider when noticing she doesn’t undress, and the smile is printed in his face when she goes inside the bathroom fully dressed.

It’s not that he think something will happen between Hannah and Honggi, he has more faith in himself more than that and he do know that she loves him. But he is too aware of that Honggi still likes Hannah a lot, and Hannah is the most naïve person he knows after Taemin, and with everything that has happened in the past he can’t be sure of anything. He is happy she is popular among guys, whether they are celebrities or not, how he can proudly say that she is his girlfriend and like that see the jealous faces of others wishing they were in his shoes, but if it comes to this friend of theirs who has a past with Hannah, whether she was aware of it or not at that time, he can’t like it. No matter how much he likes their friendship, the three of them together, he does not like the thought of Honggi picking Hannah up in a car and drive her around, being all alone. He just doesn’t like it. But like always, he can’t stay angry or upset at Hannah. Something about her makes it impossible.

He undresses while hearing the shower in the bathroom, unable to help his imagination of what is going on in there, but he stays in the bedroom, putting his clothes on the side before lying down under the quilt; like always he lies furthest from the wall.

Once Hannah has stepped inside the shower, the warm water falling down her body from top to toe, she doesn’t want to get out of it. She might shower a few minutes longer than necessary, just because she is standing there, her eyes closed and just pretending she has nothing else to do than this. Too tired to think of the weekend or her boyfriend being jealous (again), she finishes showering and gets dressed in a pair of black and a dark-gray tank top that she will sleep in. Her hair is put up in a bun at the top of her head, she will sleep in that.

Finishing up in the bathroom, Hannah walks back inside the bedroom to see Jonghyun lie there with his cell phone. He has the lamp on the bedside table, so when Hannah has put away her things she turns off the ceiling lamp and crawls down next to Jonghyun in the bed, lying down on her stomach and looks at him. He has put his cell phone away, and he is lying on his side, looking at her, making sure she sees how he keeps breathing in.

“I love you, Nabi,” he whispers, blinking softly and takes his finger by her chin. “You really have no idea.”

She smiles, only leaning closer to give him a peck before she lies down again. “I love you too.”

They don’t go to sleep. At first they just lie there, looking at each other, but then Maria peeks inside, happy to see they are awake and she comes inside to talk for a few minutes before yawning and deciding to go to bed. Hannah giggles when the leader has left, giggling even more when Jonghyun hugs her, kisses her on her neck and on her cheek, smiling at her and whispering that she smells so good. They cuddle, just giggling and commenting on different things, smiling at each other, and eventually, after a long time, they both fall asleep.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 20th: 5 Pieces’ Maria Opens Up Her Solo Concert In Seoul

Headline 20th: 5 Pieces’ Carolina Beautifully Performs Her Version Of [You Are] In Episode 2

Headline 20th: The SM Town Family Shows Up For Maria’s Solo Concert + More Idols Reveals Their Inner Princess-Fan

Headline 20th: Maria Is Classic From Top To Toe In [Classic Girl] MV

Headline 20th: Maria Acts Out As 5 Pieces’ Members In New Music Video

 

Monday, Headline 21st: Idol-Couple Jonghyun & Hannah Strikes Again; Adorable Moment Caught After Maria’s Concert

Headline 21st: Maria’s Solo Concert Reaches Second Stop - Busan

 

Headline 22nd: Hannah Comments On Her Book Breaking Records + Acting In ‘미스터와 미스’

Headline 22nd: Cast For ‘미스터와 미스’ Makes Lunch For Staff

Headline 22nd: 5 Pieces’ Maria Took Classic Pictures With Fans During Her Visit To Busan

Headline 22nd: 5 Pieces Get Nominated In 3 Categories At ‘YouTube Music Awards’

 

Headline 23rd: Hannah Reveals Longer PV Teaser For Japanese [I CRY]

Headline 23rd: Hannah Talks About Her Sleeping On ‘미스터와 미스’ Set

Headline 23rd: Lee Joon Hyuk Chooses Co-Star Shin Minah Over 5 Pieces’ Hannah

Headline 23rd: Cast Of ‘미스터와 미스’ Gives Laughter In Recent Interview Together

Headline 23rd: Maria & Emelia Performs Solo Songs On Show Champion

Headline 23rd: 5 Pieces’ Maria Share Pictures Of Her Crazy Excitement To Have A Concert In Japan

Headline 23rd: PRINCESS Concert Reaches Japan’s Nagoya & Tokyo

Headline 23rd: ‘미스터와 미스’ Episode 10 Airs With High Ratings

 

Headline 24th: Hannah Hints That 5 Pieces Will Make A Comeback Possible Next Year

Headline 24th: 3rd Book Of ‘Joe’ To Come Out In 2015

Headline 24th: 5 Pieces’ Hannah Thinks Kai Is The Most Handsome In EXO

Headline 24th: Maria Performs [Princess] At Style Icon Awards + 5 Pieces Awarded ‘Strong Music Among Girl Groups’

Headline 24th: 5 Pieces’ Emelia Goes Solo On Her [Missing] Stage On M Countdown

Headline 24th: Big Decisions Are Made In Tonight’s Episode Of ‘미스터와 미스’

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

X. devonalias