Chapter 42 - Classic

Youngest of Pieces: Five Years in History (9)

Comment please~~

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Four hour after their performance in Beijing, 5 Pieces have transformed once again- back to [I Want a Man] – wearing high-waist button-up shorts in black with silver buttons matching the glitter suspenders, and a white tank top underneath to glittery pumps. It’s over 11PM and 5 Pieces is working at MBC for their Music Core pre-recording. The ladies had arrived in their outfits, looking classic and mature with styled hair and red lips, they had also brought coffee and cheer-up drinks to both staff and fans they will work and help out during the recording so the staff welcomed they warmly with eyes stuck on the drinks.

Still as fascinated as the fans over the new concept, 5 Pieces is taking endless of pictures of themselves and each other.

“The pictures just can’t turn bad,” Maria says with her eyes focused deeply on her cell phone before she lifts it up to take another picture of herself smiling brightly with her hair all curly under the vintage beret, glittery black. “Oooh, I look fabulous.”

Hannah is sitting next to Maria, giggling at the leader complimenting her self in each picture she takes.

“Baby,” Maria lightly says and leans a little towards Hannah. You don’t need to be a mastermind to know what she wants. Hannah looks up, lightly smiling with her head next to Maria’s for the picture and they look how it turns out like. As soon as they have taken the picture, Maria gets an idea and tells Hannah to come along, they both head up on their feet. Even in the tight shorts, the ladies are wearing sheer tights underneath to make their legs look nicer, Hannah feel like she need to make sure she walk nicely too in the nice pumps and fight clothes. Automatically she straightens her back in this outfit, her legs are straight too when she walks, her stomach held in a little but she feel really pretty. All of them look pretty.

With the help of stylist Yong Hyun, the two ladies step outside the room to take more pictures. They stand by the wall, arms around each other and just looking like Classic Girls in their matching outfits and pretty make-up, Yong Hyun praises them and like the creative mind he is he asks them to do this and that while taking pictures with his own camera as well as Maria’s cell phone. A mix of four pictures; one of Maria, the one with Maria and Hannah by the wall, a third that all of the ladies take together by the same wall in their matching clothes, posing in their own way and a fourth of Maria’s nails – the mix of these pictures are Maria’s creation on Instagram.

{Instagram, 5P_PRINCESS: We Are 5 Pieces – Sleepy Eyes But Still Moving}

“I used to think I can’t understand what Hannah writes at times, but Maria…” Julia mutters and sighs when she gets quiet, shaking her head.

“Why not? It makes completely sense,” Maria is walking next to her, they are finally heading to the stage. “We are sleepy, but we are still moving? What’s not to understand?”

Hannah is hiding further back to not have to join the conversation, having Mi Young helping her out with the microphone-pack to be stuck inside the back neckline of her tank top.

“Won’t I drop it?” Hannah asks the stylist in a low voice, turning her head around while feeling the microphone pack being loose inside her tank top even if the clothes are fitting. She doesn’t want it to fall down inside the top as it won’t look nice.

“You won’t drop it,” Mi Young answers, still touching the microphone pack on Hannah’s back. “Just try it the first time; we’ll see how it turns out.”

“Mm…” Hannah answers in a low voice, fiddling with the microphone in her hands instead. Reaching the stage, she smiles up at the audience crowding around cheering at the sight of 5 Pieces. She waves happily with her hand up in the air for the audience to see as there is staff and cameras in the way. The fans are waving their balloons and looking very happy to see 5 Pieces, and the friendly talk starts right away. Hannah stands on the side, smiling at her members and their fans who are asking questions and commenting to each other. Hannah stays quiet at first, still having Mi Young fix her microphone pack and then make sure her wavy hair is lying down her right shoulder.

“You saw our comeback on KBS?” Emelia asks the fan when she had heard someone say their Music Bank comeback was really pretty.

Everyone answers they saw it and Maria is fast to ask before Emelia what they thought of it. Hannah laughs with Mi Young over the dark voices answering, them both commenting quietly to each other that there are a lot of male fans there. It’s nice though, to see so many fans wait for 5 Pieces until this late for the pre-recording, being cheerful and happy. When Mi Young turns her focus to Julia who also is on the side of the stage, Hannah get up to where Emelia and Maria are standing; the band members have gone up on the stage too, getting ready in the back. Yong Hyun is on the stage too, annoying Emelia by checking her outfit when she is busy interacting with their fans.

“Be ready to be loud!” Maria cheers on their fans as the ladies are getting ready on the stage and the whole fan base in there screams loudly as if showing they will be loud, and Hannah is fast to give her thumb up before Maria gets the time to do it – Maria doesn’t see that.

They do the first recording of [I Want a Man], as they earlier have done the rehearsal and intro-filming. The first time goes well, the fight outfits are not the most comfortable to wear when dancing but lucky 5 Pieces it is not a difficult choreography. As soon as the song comes to an end and the PD calls out that they will look through it, Maria is fast to ask their fans if they have eaten (she says she is hungry even if she has eaten). Carolina is the first to get off the stage, going to drink something for that has become her best friend these days because of the cold. Hannah gets off the stage too, hearing Carolina tell Manager Lim that her voice was about to disappear a few times during the song. Hannah pouts as Mi Young grabs her arm to make sure her make-up is as it should and is also asked about the microphone pack that has been where it should during the recording; the ladies gathering by the PD to check what they just filmed and the ladies are seriously watching their performance. They point out a few things to each other, Hannah even hears the part Carolina had said her voice was weak. No question, they get up on the stage to do it one more time.

Doing it a second time, Hannah can’t help to smile as the fan chant is louder this round. She can almost hear it better than their music, the male voices obviously heard easier than the female fans. For Hannah, the loud cheer from their fans is what makes it easier to perform. After going back and forth to Beijing during the day, Hannah’s back has become uncomfortable again. Whenever she gets the chance she will try to stretch it or do anything to move it as if wanting the movements to help with the uncomfortable pain; it’s not unbearable, but it is definitely something that makes her think of it the whole time. She thinks of Carolina, whose cold makes suffer, and Julia whose body is so tired from not sleeping that she gets exhausted performing one time, panting and sweating the second time.

Hannah stands with both hands on her hip, pressing her shoulders back and controlling her breathing in another try to ease the feeling in her back. She is holding the microphone in one hand too, glancing around at the fans and her members while waiting to record the performance a third time. When their song ends the fans have been cheering the ladies on, saying that Maria looks pretty, telling Emelia she did well; about every member. It helps just as much as their fan chanting.

“Hannah, are you tired?” a female fan asks out loudly in a worried, cute voice. Hannah smiles as she can see the fan wave her balloon in the air, being among the fans at the front and she shakes her head in response.

“Are you tired?” Hannah asks the fans, not bothered to use the microphone like the other ladies have been doing because her voice still reaches the fans that focus on her and not the others who are fooling around. Carolina has taken the chance to go drink some more; it is a wonder she hasn’t gone to the bathroom yet. The fans say they aren’t tired because of 5 Pieces and Hannah smiles when taking a few steps on the side, shyly says she isn’t tired because of Puzzle.

Park Hyekyung, 5 Pieces’ producer, is standing on the side of the stage talking to Emelia and Carolina, so when Hannah saw him she head to the side too.

“Oh, it looks good on you,” Hyekyung compliments to Hannah when she comes up to him, the youngest smiling.

“Oppa just told us he has been watching the recording,” Julia starts to explain to Hannah and Hyekyung nods.

“It’s good when you all smile,” he comments. “I hope they will use that footage when you smile during the fan chant.”

“You did that too?” Hannah asks, looking at her members that nod, laughing as they say they couldn’t help it. But it is a song you can smile too, so it only looked better.

Hannah gets back up on the stage while the others keep talking, she can’t be still. She bounces a little while glancing at the band in the back, then turns to look at the fans cheering at her being the only lady on the stage.

“Thank you for coming today,” Hannah tells them with a smile, lowering her head slightly too. She never know what to say, but to thank fans is something you can never do too much of. The fans don’t seem to think the same way, some thanking her for having a comeback. “Let’s see each other a lot this year, okay?”

“Okay!” Maria answers in the microphone when coming up next to Hannah, the youngest laughs at the leader being the one who answers with the fans, the two ladies smiles at each other.

 

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

“Since early morning you have been doing this,” Yunho share his comfort while giving Maria a hug, patting her on the back for working hard. “Did you get any sleep at all?”

5 Pieces is at Music Core on Saturday, they have been walking around with their new single to hand out to the other artists and DBSK’s Yunho like always give them praise and advice. DBSK is making a comeback too, so the two groups have been doing interviews and looked out for each other during the time backstage today. It feels great to be able to promote at the same time and they are pretty much the only artists there that 5 Pieces is familiar with; beside from EXO’s Sehun and Xiumin who are MCs today, so with EXO hanging out backstage it is like a small SM meeting.

Maria smiles at the senior’s question. “We came home around three, and then left at five for the photo shoot,” she answers politely, remembering that the ladies were fast to wash up when they came home and fell asleep as soon as they lied down in bed – Maria fell asleep in the shower too, but Carolina woke her up as she was waiting for her turn.

“That’s why you were sleeping earlier when I saw you,” Changmin jokes when he walks by them to get inside the room, stepping back when Maria tells him she is good to take naps now and then.

5 Pieces haven’t been at Music Core for long, but as soon as they came Changmin had greeted them and Maria was sleeping in the corner under her jacket while the other ladies were greeting the senior. Since their performance is pre-recorded, they haven’t had to do the rehearsals during the day and that means when 5 Pieces left the apartment in the morning they instead went to a photo shoot and after that they have been wearing the clothes for Music Core to do interviews and promo-clips as well as hand out their single to seniors and junior. Maria is social when she is awake, talking to DBSK about their songs and looking through the senior’s album that 5 Pieces had gotten. She is walking around in a warm winter jacket as their stage outfits aren’t really much for the winter weather. Carolina walks up to them too, eating yoghurt with a spoon and trying to catch up to the conversation to join them.

“Aren’t you cold though?” Yunho asks as soon as he notices Carolina in the high-waist shorts and tank top while Maria is covering herself in both a blanket for her legs and a huge winter jacket. Yunho takes a glance around the room to see if he can give her a blanket as it looks cold, but Carolina says she just took her jacket off from sweating.

“I’m cold,” Maria answers too, smiling while hugging her arms around her and Yunho laughs as she is the most dressed among them.

“You want me to wrap a blanket around you?” Yunho asks her, showing a lot of consideration to the ladies and at the same time as he asks Maria, Changmin asks the two ladies where Hannah and Julia went. Emelia is there too, busy looking through DBSK’s album while the final two members had disappeared with Carolina as soon as their greetings had ended.

“They left…” Carolina carefully says, not really sure what they are doing. She laughs at Changmin repeating her ‘they left’ as if they have left the building. “They went back to the room to rest.”

“Ya, shouldn’t you be resting?” Maria suddenly realises Carolina is there. “Oppa, Carolina has a cold. She keeps coughing in the car and her voice was completely gone this morning.”

“It’s better now,” Carolina says in a low voice. It’s good they haven’t been singing all day, and during interviews the other ladies talked a bit more to not have Carolina use her voice; that obviously does not mean Carolina stays quiet. She is talkative in front of the cameras.

While the others had stayed to talk to the senior group, Hannah had headed back to their room when Julia said she was going there. Hannah’s back hasn’t gotten better – of course not, they keep working so she can’t give her back a rest – and she has taken off her high heels to stand barefoot (sheer tights only) with her back against the wall in their dressing-room. She is standing with her heels as close to the wall as possible, stretching her arms up to get as straight as possible in her body. Her face is focused but her eyes are blinking tiredly while listening to Julia talk to their manager about an interview that has been released online. Julia doesn’t get to talk often in interviews, but she has gotten more focused on it to get to talk more, which is why she go through their interviews – and she also wants to know which parts have been edited and what parts fans will take notice of. She talks to the manager about the popular topics, the question they keep being asked for this comeback.

“I like this answer,” Julia says and shows the part of the interview to the manager.

“What answer?” Hannah asks in a low voice, curious as she has been listening to them talking

“The one about promoting at the same time as DBSK and Rain,” Julia answers, looking up from the chair she is sitting on. No one ever care what Hannah is up to, knowing she has back pains and do whatever she find helpful to ease it. “We will get that question a lot more now when we actually have started to meet backstage. In this interview we talk about DBSK, who we look up to and who give us a lot of advice and comments…”

“Maria says DBSK was the seniors who helped during your debut time too,” Manager Lee adds as he is still watching the interview on the tablet.

Hannah lets her arms fall down slowly, breathing out at the same time. People expect them to be burdened to promote at the same time as such big seniors, but the ladies like it more than being surrounded by five years younger juniors that are promoting now; there is no burden to reach first place on the music programs, Hannah don’t think that is the ladies goal with their promotions even if they get overjoyed whenever it happens.

Spotting Manager Lim come inside the room with a pen and paper, writing down some things, Hannah is reminded of something and with tiny fast steps she gets up in front of him.

“Appa,” Hannah starts in a whisper, continuing when he looks at her with an ‘mm’. “After our schedule today… could I meet Jonghyun?”

“Hannah-” he starts to sigh but Hannah is fast to continue;

“It will be a walk around the apartment, nothing else. Please?” she almost begs in her low voice, knowing her manager doesn’t like the idea of her being with Jonghyun when the ladies have a lot on their schedule. But Hannah knew that and had asked Jonghyun if they could just take a walk, which Jonghyun seemed to like (he just wants to meet her), and eventually, Manager Lim agrees on it too – if they don’t stay out for too long because he thinks Hannah can need some sleep.

“Will your back be okay?” he then asks when he has already agreed on it. “I’m not so sure about this, your back need some rest too.”

“I know, I know – it will be okay,” Hannah answers, just smiling widely as she is texting Jonghyun. “Taking a walk won’t ruin my back.”

Manager Lim seems doubtful though, but Hannah just smiles at him. An hour less of sleep at this time isn’t anything, though it should be precious to sleep when you can.

 

Two in the morning, 5 Pieces come home to their apartment. They have been doing radio appearances after Music Core, doing other promotions too and finally they are back in the apartment they call home here in Korea. Hannah has been sitting with her cell phone the whole ride home, chatting with the ladies about sleep and breakfast for the morning, only when coming home and it is just the ladies they are sighing and groaning, longing for their beds. Hannah is the only one not going to bed, only changing into sweatpants and sweater, puts up her hair in a pony-tail and she washes away the make-up. She watches her members go to bed before heading downstairs, waiting for Jonghyun to come. Ryo keeps following her, up the stairs and then down the stairs, maybe knowing she will head out.

“Are you going on a walk with me?” Hannah asks when Michin comes down the stairs too as Hannah is getting dressed in the hall.

She puts on jacket and shoes then takes the puppies with her in the leashes before heading out the apartment as her boyfriend has sent a text message saying he is a minute away. Taking the elevator down, she puts her hair up in a loose bun, knowing the weather isn’t that cold outside. She knows it has just been a few days since she last saw Jonghyun – at New Year with MBC Gayo Daejun and the after party – but for some reason she misses him the whole time. It’s really annoying, that feeling that you really want to see a person even if you talk through texts and calls every day, it’s really not something Hannah is used to, but her heart is racing and a foolish smile is growing in her face when she gets out of the elevator and around the corner she can see Jonghyun waiting outside the front door.

Its dark outside but the lamps from around the door shines brightly on Jonghyun who is wearing a black cap, a zip-up jacket with a zip-up hooded sweater underneath and ripped light-blue jeans. He bites on to his lower lip when seeing Hannah as if he tries to not show just how happy he is to see her, but when she comes through the door the smile in his face is so big that he can’t bite his lip anymore and instead he squats down to greet the overly happy puppies.

“Did you wait for long?” is the first thing Hannah asks him, eyeing him when he greets the puppies.

Jonghyun chuckles when looking up at her. “I just arrived.” He stands up, motioning with his head that they should go, and Hannah walks up on his right side with the puppies, smiling when Jonghyun naturally puts an arm around her shoulders and offers to take one of the leashes while they start walking down the street. Michin and Ryo are both happy whenever they go out on a walk, no matter what time it is, which is the same as Hannah; going outside is always nice. Jonghyun likes to take walks too, the couple used to do it more often at the start of their relationship – actually, they used to take more walks before they became a couple… – they don’t do it as much lately as they aren’t neighbours anymore, and both are too busy too.

They don’t stick to a specific topic when talking during the walk; it is a comment on 5 Pieces’ comeback, a few words about Jonghyun’s excitement as the agency is in talk to let him join a new music talk show (nothing has been decided but just the idea of him being in a talk show makes him excited, Hannah can feel his whole body tense when talking about it), they talk about the puppies and Jonghyun says that Minho annoyed him earlier and so on. They really don’t stick to one subject either because they know they just have this walk and then they have to go home and sleep, but they still tell each other a lot during the days when texting each other, so it is more like repeating things and filling the stories out for each other. Hannah is just smiling hearing her boyfriend talk; it is different than when they are on the phone, everything is clearer for her ears. She can hear each tone in his voice; see his face to know just how excited he is at certain parts, how soft his voice gets whenever he comments on something she says…

“We should go back,” Jonghyun suggests when they have been walking for about fifteen minutes – a lot have been said in that time. Hannah pouts, unable to help being disappointed they won’t be out longer, and Jonghyun laughs at her reaction. He gives her a kiss on the hair when putting both arms around her for a hug. “You need to sleep, Nabi, you’re getting up in three hours.”

At times, it is not good to tell him too much of her schedule. Hannah holds her arms around him, not wanting to move a bit. She breathes him in, the scent from his jacket, happy that the puppies don’t bother to disturb the hug. Jonghyun kisses her on the hair again, his arms wrapped around her too, lowering his head down next to hers and he breathes warmly on her ear.

“You’re not cold?” he whispers, her ear cold against the side of his mouth.

“No,” Hannah mumbles. “Are you?”

He forces a kiss on her cheek before getting out of the hug, only dropping one arm from her to start walk back together. Hannah says the puppies’ names in a low voice for them to come along before she glances up at Jonghyun who is looking somewhere else, she waits for him to answer. His nose is a little red, just like her ears. “I’m not cold,” he eventually answers, looking down and pulls down the cap a little more before glancing at her. “You want to borrow my cap?”

Hannah shakes her head, not knowing why she would do that; if she was cold she would just take down her hair, as it is her ears they are a little, little cold. Wearing his cap couldn’t exactly help. Something with Jonghyun’s behaviour changed when they started to walk again even if he casually starts to talk about his sister wanting to meet Hannah sometime this month (he could say this week as his sister had originally said, but he knows it is kind of impossible with 5 Pieces’ schedule so he says month instead), but Hannah still notices the change in his behaviour. He covers his face, walks with his body lightly turned towards Hannah as if covering her or something, and he keeps his voice low. They stop every other meter as the puppies have to sniff on something, and a little now and then he glances to his left across the street, just for a second, before turning back to Hannah. Though he keeps having a casual conversation, Hannah eventually can’t take the change in his behaviour.

“What’s wrong?” she ends up asking, trying to lean forward to see what it was he just glanced at but Jonghyun holds on to her shoulder tightly for her to not look.

“We’re being stalked,” Jonghyun answers in a whisper, and when she gives him a shocked stare, Jonghyun makes an expression that tells her it’s nothing. “Paparazzi probably, by the way he is hiding.”

Hannah grimaces. She has never liked paparazzi; photographers at events are okay, but paparazzi tries to take embarrassing photos and get money for the highest paying magazine. They lurk around here and there, some are even fans that want private pictures, but it is still too much. Jonghyun smiles at Hannah’s quiet reaction, grabbing on to her chin lightly to make her smile too.

“You know why they are stalking us?” he asks her in a light tone, smiling wider when Hannah’s smile disappears to show how disappointed she is that they at all are being stalked. Jonghyun chuckles; “They want something juicy to gossip about since your love song is so popular.”

“That’s not true,” Hannah mutters, looking behind them to see why Ryo stopped. He is sniffing at the same thing Michin were sniffing on a second earlier, but both puppies head to the front when Hannah quietly tells them to come.

“It is true,” Jonghyun tells her, obviously more comfortable with the stalking now that Hannah knows about it. Maybe he doesn’t want to let her make a big deal out of it; he wants it to be his thing to worry about their relationship in public. “They play your song on the radio, talk about it on these celebrity sites… I am apparently a very lucky man.”

His last comment makes her smile, because Jonghyun says it as if he knows he is lucky – lucky to have her as his girlfriend. Jonghyun knows the reason behind her smile and hugs her closer, whispering in a low voice that they are two fools in love.

Though Jonghyun’s mood is better, and he makes Hannah feel better too, she can’t help but to think of the paparazzi following them. What kind of pictures has been taken? What is it she and Jonghyun have done during this walk, have they been followed the whole time? They haven’t kissed or done anything embarrassing, even their hug wasn’t anything scandalous, but that makes her wonder how awkwardly she will behave when they are saying goodbye. She would’ve expected them to kiss goodnight, but now she wonders if they should just hug or … nothing? She spends the rest of the walk wondering if she should ask Jonghyun, or if she is just over thinking this on her own. It would be embarrassing to ask how they should behave, not sure if Jonghyun has the same thoughts or if he really doesn’t care as everyone know they are a couple since some time.

They reach the apartment building, Hannah’s heart starts to race nervously as she doesn’t know if they are still being followed (obviously, they are still being followed, she kind of know that but hasn’t seen anyone on the empty streets) and she doesn’t know how to say goodnight to Jonghyun; or how he will say goodnight to her. Jonghyun seem relaxed, following her to the door and drops his arm from her when letting her open it as if making sure she will be safe when he leaves. Hannah holds the door open with her back, turning to face her boyfriend and wondering if he notices how nervous she is suddenly, while Jonghyun puts his hand above her head to hold up the door too, and when he leans in closer with his face closing in on hers, Hannah smiles as she knows his arm is covering them from whoever is watching.

“Sweet dreams, Nabi,” Jonghyun whispers against her lips before kissing her, smiling in the kiss as Hannah giggles. He leans away, biting his lips with a smile and he keeps his hand on the door to cover her.

“Drive home safely,” Hannah whispers back, pouting a little as Jonghyun is smiling at her blushing cheeks. Her arm is pulled a little when the puppies are walking inside, only stopping when noticing she is not coming along, and Jonghyun chuckles when caressing her cheek with his free hand.

“I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” he tells her and drops both hands. Hannah nods, saying goodnight to him again when they both take a step away from each other, and she smiles widely when noticing they are both waiting for the other to turn away first.

Eventually he gives a light wave and backs away from the door, and Hannah gives a final wave before closing the door after her, them both turning away. She glances back, seeing him walk to the white car he has parked outside, and Jonghyun is unlocking the door before getting in. With a smile, Hannah head up to the apartment, both puppies seem ready to go to bed.

When coming inside she makes sure the door is locked, that she hasn’t made a mess somewhere before heading upstairs to go to the bathroom before undressing and falling down in bed where Ryo has lied down. The apartment is quiet, only Michin is heard when he walks from Hannah’s room to Julia’s (both puppies followed her in the bedroom as everyone else was already asleep, and when noticing she is also going to sleep they just lie down comfortably to join the ladies). It is no trouble falling asleep for Hannah, she has almost fallen asleep when Jonghyun sends a text message to let her know he is at home now, and she barely remembers checking that text before she falls asleep. After a few days not getting more than an hour of sleep here and there, those three hours have been longed for.

Only when Emelia wakes her up at six in the morning does Hannah deeply regret not going to sleep sooner. She was sleeping heavily when Emelia woke her up, only groaning and rolling around in her bed for five minutes until Emelia came again to tell her to really get up.

Emelia is surprisingly considerate at times. She woke Hannah up later than the others got up, knowing that Hannah is four times faster than all of the other members (beside from Emelia) to get ready to leave, also knowing Hannah took a walk when the others went to sleep made her come to that conclusion to wake her up later. Hannah is grateful for that, but it also means she is not awake when the ladies are in the van heading to their schedule. She tries to keep her eyes open, blinking and rubbing her eyes and yawning and so on.

Manager Lim picked the ladies up, also he is tired and he didn’t even wake up early enough to shave before hurrying to get the ladies to their schedule. Now in the van, he is quietly driving, letting the morning music on the radio try to wake them all up. No one talks, everyone yawns.

They arrive at the saloon, and as soon as they get inside the manager asks what breakfast they want. As soon as food is mentioned, Carolina and Maria look more awake and are ready for a huge breakfast, while Hannah almost runs away – she does hurry away from the others, using the stylist as an excuse. She gets her hair and make-up done first together with Maria, the other three getting to wait.

“What do you want for breakfast, Hannah?” Julia comes up to ask, being the manager’s assistant this morning.

“Some fruit is enough for me,” Hannah mumbles, holding her head up as the make-up artist has already started to put on the make-up.

Julia nods when writing it down; about to leave with that but Maria is fast to stop her. “You can’t just eat a fruit for breakfast,” Maria complains at Hannah, the two blondes sitting next to each other.

“We have a performance in two hours. I can’t eat much before that,” Hannah mumbles for answer, but Maria turns to give Julia a glare.

“Get Hannah the same thing I’m having, along with the fruit. So she can eat after the performance too,” Maria tells the friend who writes it down before hurrying off to not have to hear Hannah complain and whine. But Hannah stays quiet, too tired to complain. Maria is glad for that. She can accept Hannah taking a fruit to eat this early, but as breakfast she needs to eat more, whether it is before or after the performance.

Hannah is quiet when getting her hair and make-up done. She almost falls asleep when sitting there; her mind starts to get into her own thoughts. 5 Pieces have a performance at the morning news this Sunday morning, then they don’t have much more than to be at Inkigayo before they will go to Japan for two days practicing the choreography for their next Japanese single. Hannah goes through their schedule on her cell phone; they have two days in Japan, then a pre-recording of Show Champion on Wednesday morning before they will go to Macao for rehearsals as they have their BLACK & WHITE concerts there on Thursday and Friday, followed by Taiwan on Sunday and Monday. Hannah really looks forward to their concerts. They have three cities left to go to, beside from these two they will do this week they have their concert in a city in Canada the weekend after. The final three cities for BLACK & WHITE tour, then the ladies can officially prepare for their fourth album and third tour – Though that will probably take a few months as the ladies will have other activities in between. Hannah is still excited for the concerts, there is always something exciting about concerts like this. Thousand of fans gathered in one place to sing along with 5 Pieces through all of the songs. It’s definitely something to look forward to.

She checks online after the paparazzi pictures Jonghyun said was taken during the walk, but she can’t find it anywhere. There are several of thoughts going through her mind about that; the person might be a fan wanting it for her/him self, or the paparazzi is selling the pictures to a magazine so it will take time to post it somewhere, the person hasn’t released them yet… In the end, she just tries to think there was no one watching them and Jonghyun was just paranoid – that is the best solution she can come up with.

What Jonghyun had said about people being interested in the couple because of the song [Love] makes her curious to know what is being said. It’s easy to search the song and come up with a bunch of things, and Hannah finds articles and reviews and videos from both YouTube and TV-clips about just this song, about the popular “JjongHan” couple. ‘Carolina is a great guitarist. Love these videos of her playing the guitar and this video is so sweet with them smiling at each other…’, ‘ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Hannah wrote the song in completely Korean bc her boyfriend is bad at English xD Love this couple <3’, ‘if you listen to the lyrics, it is actually Jonghyun she sings about right?? I wonder how he reacted to this… iiiih they are adorable!!’, ‘I love their clothes in this video O_O’, ‘[Get Your Kiss], [It’s OK] was written by Jonghyun about Hannah, Hannah then writes this love song and then they go way overboard on MBC with [Get Your Kiss] again… They do a lot of songs together, is it really not a SM trick?’, ‘I heard this on the radio, it is ripped from the performance with Carolina on the guitar and I can’t stop having it on repeat… I’m asking them to make a single out of this or anything!’, ‘all these feelings… where do you put them???’, ‘imagine actually have Hannah sing this song to YOU, how wonderful wouldn’t life be?’, ‘Hannah’s voice is so damn adorable, she looks really shy. I wonder if Jonghyun was there? I can’t help but to love this couple, they are sweet together <3<3’, ‘Still waiting for Maria to come out and say the song is about her and Hannah, not Jonghyun and Hannah ;)’, ‘Am I the only one thinking Hannah is too … unaware of herself to write songs? First [I CRY], then this song, and now 5P’s [I’m Over You]. These songs are number 1 hits, they are freaking flawless; she can’t have written them… I think Carolina wrote them but SM want the focus on Hannah so they let her take the songs instead -.-’ – there are a lot of different comments about the song, but the last one Hannah reads make her stare up at the mirror in front of her.

Fraud, a liar; Hannah always receive comments about stealing whenever she does something, comes out with anything. When her book first came out in 2012 there were people saying she had stolen the ideas and story from them, it was proven Hannah had written it in the end. When [I CRY] came out earlier that year people said it was too deep and emotional and too good to be written by Hannah, the youngest in 5 Pieces. Everything is questioned and she doesn’t know why people keep thinking that. Personally, she is just shocked that the things she do get such a good response on the charts, not thinking her books and songs are of that quality to even reach the music charts and such. But when people say she has stolen something from someone, she gets sad. Do people think she would steal from her members? Would anyone really believe she would steal a song from Carolina just because SM wants her to? None of the ladies would agree on that. Hannah did actually ask Carolina to take on the credit for [Love] if they now had to reveal it to the public with the live performance, but Carolina got upset saying Hannah should get the credit for the love song she has written.

Maria is smiling when she and Hannah are sitting on the side, eating breakfast when they are done getting hair and make-up done. Hannah doesn’t eat the fruit, instead she eats the egg toast sandwich that they had bought for her – Maria eats the same thing. The two of them are quietly sitting together and enjoying the sandwich while Carolina is finishing up the soup she had chosen for breakfast this morning.

“Hyunsuk says he will come by at SBS,” Maria mentions to no one in particular, chewing deliciously on her breakfast.

Hannah looks up in surprise, maybe even impressed to hear that. “Really?” is all she gets out of her, thinking that Maria’s We Got Married relationship ended last night when the very last episode of her and Hyunsuk aired on the program. Somehow she had not expected Hyunsuk to come the day after. But Maria nods, looking down at her cell phone lying on the table where she is probably going through things on tumblr again.

“He texted me, asking what time we will be there and saying he will try to drop by something,” Maria answers. She sounds like it is no big deal, too focused on tumblr and breakfast, yet Hannah can’t help but to wonder how things really are like between her two friends.

Hannah doesn’t talk much to Hyunsuk since he started the fake marriage with Maria, but the leader has talked a lot about him, complimenting and complaining and asking Hannah if he was like that two years ago when they were doing their drama together too. Hannah doesn’t think her friendship with Hyunsuk has changed other than it is awkward when they meet with Maria around, just because he wasn’t a friend during those times but brother-in-law, which neither one of them felt very comfortable with. Hannah keeps thinking they like each other, Maria and Hyunsuk, they are natural in the TV and Maria is her typical self by fighting and speaking her mind and for some reason Hyunsuk seem to like that, he is aware of the power in Maria’s words to a certain level. Even if there are a lot of tiny things during this time that makes Hannah wonder what they feel for each other in real life, she hasn’t asked neither about it; maybe she will some day.

 

Backstage at Inkigayo in the evening, 5 Pieces will make three appearances; one for an brief interview with the MCs about their comeback, one for their pre-recorded performance where the ladies just appear on stage briefly to be fun and eventually for the ending with all the artists. Yesterday at Music Core the ladies stood in the back with DBSK, Hannah thinks they will do it today too. The ladies are wearing the red dresses they wore for their Inkigayo performance; they have gotten a lot of good response from fans and other artists about their feminine concept. Like he had promised, actor Kwon Hyunsuk comes backstage to show his support to his former “wife” and 5 Pieces, and again Hannah is watching them like a hawk in wonder if they just are friends or if they have feelings for each other. It seems like a personal investigating game she does, not even thinking it is serious so she asks them, but just watches them. Hyunsuk is nice; he doesn’t talk all that much and Maria likes that he is tall, and he are friendly with the ladies. He tells Hannah that he went out on lunch with Honggi a few days ago too and he talks about what he is up to lately when the ladies ask, otherwise he lets them to the talking. He stays backstage during 5 Pieces’ performance, watching the performances and all that from the dressing-room.

“Why is he here if your program ended yesterday?” Changmin is curious to know when they are heading up on the stage for Inkigayo’s ending. Hannah is standing next to Maria, smiling widely as Changmin is showing off an older-brother image in front of Hyunsuk, and also now for the ladies. DBSK had greeted the actor backstage, saying they have watched We Got Married and seemed satisfied with how he treated Maria; they really took on the brother image.

“He loves 5 Pieces’ music, of course he would come,” Maria answers, again being cool about it.

Hannah moves her shoulders to the music playing, looking somewhere else. The artists are gathering on the stage while DBSK’s pre-recorded performance is finishing up, and Hannah tries to see one of the TV-screens in front of the stage to see the senior’s performance. She had hoped they would stand in the back like yesterday, but the staff asks DBSK and 5 Pieces to stand at the front. DBSK stands on the left side on the stage at the front, Maria stands next to Changmin at the side as they in low voices keep talking and Yunho is standing with his back against the audience as he is talking to the other ladies standing behind them. The staff interrupts them again when asking the ladies to stand on DBSK’s other side, more to the middle, and Maria stays stuck next to Changmin while Julia walks up to stand on Yunho’s side. Yunho waves at the audience cheering at the two SM groups friendship, no one caring that Hannah and Carolina are both paralyzed with eyes focused on the TV-screen showing DBSK’s performance coming to an end. Definitely, DBSK is the best.

Just as the staff counts down the seconds for them to be going live, the MCs clearing their throats and getting ready, Maria motions for Carolina to walk up on Julia’s other side. Carolina more than gladly walks up there, as that makes her appear next to the MCs and for that might get extra screen-time. Hannah on purpose stays behind Changmin and Maria to not have to do that, while Emelia is standing behind Carolina and Julia to pretend she is creepy – she can’t get rid of that image.

The MCs shows the nominated TOP-3 for this week’s music chart; IU, EXO and 5 Pieces. It seems like nothing when Hannah sees their name among them, as her mind is still singing DBSK’s [Something] and whenever 5 Pieces do promote a song it is nominated like this. It just doesn’t hit her that this is their comeback stage and that the song nominated is their new song; she seem to not realise it at all. Maria is smiling widely, realising it as the ladies also was told about it earlier today. It is a big deal to be among the top three for your comeback week like this. Carolina is smiling widely as well, looking excited that their song is so loved. Yunho is standing with his fingers crossed, because two of the nominees are SM artists, and Julia follows his example like the good junior she is.

As soon as the winner is shown on the board, confetti shoots up from both sides of the stage and since Hannah, Maria and Changmin are standing closest to the left side; all three of them give a slight jump in surprise. Because of the confetti, Hannah didn’t even catch who won other than she can hear MC Kwanghee’s voice;

“Oh, 5 Pieces!”

Julia has gotten the microphone and with the biggest smile she starts to fluently thank their managers, amazing stylists, agency and so on while the other ladies rushes up next to her, behind her, to all get visible in their new look, all five of them smiling like idiots. Julia says the basics before she in a rush puts the microphone by Carolina’s mouth, who firstly thanks DBSK for all their advice and help, adding the band members and dancers and Hannah is laughing behind her when Carolina is bouncing when thanking their fans too and Emelia gets the microphone to give a quick thank to their fans before the MCs have to say their final words. As soon as the MCs get to word, Carolina and Julia turns around to give out a scream with the three members behind them, briefly hugging each other before they are given microphones and starts to bow at all the other artists heading off the stage for 5 pieces’ encore.

“What is this?!” Maria bursts out in the microphone towards their fans, then laughs and bows deeply. “Thank you!”

[I Want a Man] begins to play for the encore and Hannah is laughing when getting a congratulation hug from Yunho, their seniors congratulating each lady while everyone else is heading off the stage. Carolina pushes herself onto Hannah, reminding her of their intro part and Hannah remembers that she is not supposed to do it. Within a second she is next to Maria, holding her microphone by Maria’s mouth for the leader to do the opening and in such a rush to not miss the cue that she has no time to talk, just hoping Maria gets the hint of having the microphone by . Maria does get it, but she do also grab on to Hannah’s microphone (even if she has her own in the other hand) and the whole crowd starts to cheer when Maria’s happy voice starts to do the *ooooooh* perfectly, and Carolina adds her own thing out of happiness.

Hannah is confused with this whole thing, not knowing what else to do other than hug Julia as soon as she gets the chance. Their new song, their new concept … all worries they have had if people will like it, it was for nothing. They have gotten first on a music program, it means in this moment that Hannah doesn’t care what happens for the rest of their promotion; she knows they have the most amazing fans that it can not change no matter what. The ladies do their encore thanking their fans, singing and briefly dancing, saying Happy New Year and hugging each other, cheering as the fans are singing along to their song. This is great.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 04th: Go Back In Time With 5 Pieces’ [I Want A Man]

Headline 04th: Which Member Does 5 Pieces Think Matches The New Concept Best?

Headline 04th: 5 Pieces Was The Most Excited To Work With A Live Band For [I Want A Man]

Headline 04th: 5 Pieces Get The Roof Shaking With [I Want A Man] Comeback On Music Core

Headline 04th: Model Couple Says Their Goodbyes In Last Episode At ‘We Got Married’

Headline 04th: Viewers Touched By Maria & Hyunsuk’s Silent & Tearful Eye-Contact In Their Last ‘We Got Married’ Episode

 

Headline 05th: Korea Wakes Up With 5 Pieces’ Jazz Performance Of [I Want A Man] On The Morning News

Headline 05th: 5 Pieces Make A Classy Comeback On Inkigayo + Takes Home First Place

Headline 05th: Actor Kwon Hyunsuk Visit 5 Pieces’ Backstage At Inkigayo

Headline 05th: Julia & Hannah Thanks Fans Through Adorable Group Pictures For Their First [I Want A Man] Music Program Win

 

Monday, Headline 06th: 5 Pieces Send Their Condolences To Super Junior Leeteuk And His Family After Hearing About The Horrible News Of Their Death

 

Headline 07th: What Worries Did 5 Pieces Have Preparing For [I Want A Man] Comeback?

Headline 07th: 5 Pieces Models For Crystal Accessories In New Jewellery Brand CF Version Of [I Want A Man]

 

Headline 08th: Julia Thinks She Stands Out The Most In [I Want A Man] Thanks To Her Short Hair

Headline 08th: 5 Pieces Met At The Airport In China By Hundred Of Fans Singing [Daze] In Celebration Of Their Concert

Headline 08th: Maria Remind Fans That The Final BLACK & WHITE Concert Is In Canada In 10 Days!

Headline 08th: 5 Pieces Makes A Splendid Comeback On Show Champion + DBSK Says Speech For 5 Pieces Getting First Place

Headline 08th: 5 Pieces Sends Their Thanks To DBSK & Fans After Show Champion From Rehearsals In China

 

Headline 09th: [I’m Over You] MV Teaser Released With 5 Pieces Wearing White Dresses

Headline 09th: 5 Pieces’ [I Want A Man] Single Is Number One In 11 Countries, Including France Outside Asia!

Headline 09th: See 5 Pieces Transforming Into Ladies For [I Want A Man] Making The Video + Maria Compliments Carolina’s

Headline 09th: 5 Pieces Have Their [I Want A Man] Comeback On M Countdown

Headline 09th: Macao Is BLACK & WHITE With 5 Pieces For Tonight’s Concert

 

Headline 10th: Music Video For 5 Pieces’ [I’m Over You] Released

Headline 10th: 5 Pieces’ Music Videos Are The Most Viewed On YouTube The First Two Weeks Of 2014

Headline 10th: 5 Pieces Looks Classic Performing [I Want A Man] On Music Bank

Headline 10th: Emelia Shouts Out A Thank To Macao After Finishing Day-2 Of Their Concert

 

Headline 11th: 5 Pieces’ Lyrics In [I’m Over You] Said To Be Too Daring

Headline 11th: Critic Want [I’m Over You] Banned From Radio Stations

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

X. devonalias