Chapter 55 – Two-Faced

Youngest of Pieces: Five Years in History (9)

Wednesday morning, Hannah and Kyung Ho wakes up with Carolina to go to the agency with Manager Lim. Hannah is going there for a meeting and to help Kyung Ho study both for school and for his up-coming Japanese promotion – he is going on a press-conference in Tokyo for his movie that came out in December in Korea, now out in Japan too. Hannah has gotten dressed in a short-sleeve leopard print pullover in charcoal gray, black distressed skinny jeans and what makes the outfit chic in Hannah’s eyes are the lace-up faux-leather ankle-boots in black, 6cm heels, that are sponsored from a brand the ladies have been models for since the start of the year.

Arriving at the agency they go to sit down in a room by a table for Kyung Ho to start studying. It feels like not much of this day will be aired because they will just be working and studying. As soon as they have taken their seats (a small camera has been placed on the table to film them too), Manager Lim asks Hannah to come outside with him. Hannah asks Kyung Ho first if he can study on his own for a few minutes and he nods, though Carolina is there waiting for their producer to come so she can talk to him. Hannah walks with Manager Lim outside where there are no cameras, he looks serious.

“You remember the letters I got from you the other day?” he starts off asking and Hannah nods, her face tired this early in the morning though she has gotten dressed and is out. “We talked about it yesterday when you were abroad, me and some others had a meeting about it, and we have decided to take legal actions against this person or it might happen again. It’s to protect you and your family and for fans to know that it is not acceptable to threaten, whether it is a joke or not. It’s too serious to just let it slip.”

“So… you will go to the media about this…?” Hannah whispers. The last thing she wants is media talking about her again.

Manager Lim sighs, knowing exactly what she thinks. “You won’t say anything about it. The agency will give a statement just for fans to know that it is not okay,” he tells her and Hannah nods, about to step away when he stops her. “And… you know you’re going to Japan today, you have promotions in Tokyo tomorrow but during the day you will come here for your check up at the hospital…”

“I know my schedule, Appa,” Hannah mutters. She has gotten colder these past two weeks, all because of Jonghyun, though she is her normal self around Kyung Ho.

“Yes, I know. But the police would want your story of this,” he says and is fast to continue when seeing the colour in Hannah’s face disappear; “It’s for the legal action, it’s nothing that will be told in public or anything they just need your story to know the details of this whole thing, okay? It won’t take more than half an hour. You can do it quickly before going back to Japan. But the agency would want you to write down your story so they can check it before you tell the police, okay?”

“I have to do it now?”

“Now in the morning, yes,” he nods.

She looks sad that she will have to talk to the police, but there is nothing else for her to say that she has been receiving these letters for the past four weeks, that it got serious when her family was threatened. Going back inside the room, Hannah smiles at Kyung Ho when asking how it is going for him and when taking her own seat she takes out paper and pen to start writing. Kyung Ho wonders what she is doing, but she just asks back how his homework is going and turns her focus on him for him to tell her about it. She can’t tell a nine year old that she is going to talk to the police about being threatened. She looks at him when he continues to study, wondering if she will even be able to tell him that she and Jonghyun have broken up.

She wonders what Jonghyun is doing…

Carolina leaves after twenty minutes after that producer Park Hyekyung has looks inside the room, greeting the ladies and Kyung Ho friendly and asking if she could borrow the mascot for a while. Hannah finishes writing and looks at what Kyung Ho is doing, helping him out a little too as he has finished his homework and is now studying Japanese. He has his textbook where he can learn the basics and then a paper with things he should know to say at the press-conference according to the agency. For someone who doesn’t speak Japanese, it is quite a lot. A few things on the paper has been noted that he has to know; simple things like a greeting and introduction, but Hannah notices a few things of her own that is very good to know in Japan – polite phrases.

Kyung Ho repeats everything she says. Hannah says something in Japanese; he repeats and then asks what it means before writing it down. She helps him with simple things like ‘thank you’, ‘nice to meet you’, ‘please look out for me’ and those phrases that were basic to learn for her and the ladies when they first went to Japan.

They probably look like teacher and student sitting there by the table, learning Japanese. She tests him on it too, greeting him in Japanese so he has to greet her back.

“The best thing when learning a language is if you get to practice it with someone,” Hannah tells him after a while, correcting his writing on the paper.

“That’s why you learned Japanese so fast, because you were there to practice?” Kyung Ho wonders.

It’s amazing how he remembers things; they didn’t even know each other when Hannah first went to Japan. She smiles at the question, nodding. “When we were in Korea, we ladies could ask each other questions in Swedish, but in Japan I was alone so I had no one to ask, so I had to learn it differently.”

“Cool…”

“How do you say ‘cool’ in Japanese?” Hannah asks him, and the smile grows in her face when he shines up and says ‘kakkoii’.

For the solo-interview later, Kyung Ho will be asked what he thinks of having Hannah help him to study Japanese and he will answer ‘she is better than a real teacher, she makes it fun learning’, while Hannah will be asked how it is to teach Kyung Ho and she will answer ‘he has fun learning, so it is fun for me too’.

Manager Lim comes with a late breakfast for them, Korean food. They eat in the room; just the two of them eating and repeating the Japanese phrases for Kyung Ho to remember them and it is fun how both Kyung Ho and Hannah make sure the other one is eating.

“Sunbaenim,” a voice by the door interrupts the breakfast, and when looking over there the cameras are suddenly focusing all on EXO’s Sehun laughing from where he is peeking inside the room. He opens it a little more to give a polite bow to Hannah and the staff. Luhan looks in behind him, also starting to bow when seeing Hannah is in there.

“Hi…” Hannah smiles at them, not bowing at all while Kyung Ho is quickly to lower his head to the table. “What are you up to?”

“Heading to practice,” Sehun answers; his smile is hilarious as if he didn’t expect to see them in there, especially not to be filming.

“I smell food,” Kris peeks inside and suddenly turns all American when in English saying to Hannah, “You’re eating?”

“Is everyone coming in?” Hannah laughs. The room is really big, the table is small being across the room from the door where some members of EXO are coming in, bowing. Baekhyun’s voice is heard too, followed by Kai’s laugh. She greets them all when they bow together and do their greeting as one, EXO. Hannah looks over her shoulder at Kyung Ho, who has gotten quiet as it is both cameras and EXO in the room – he has met EXO a few times, even eaten dinner with them, but never with cameras present so he doesn’t know how to behave because on cameras, EXO are his seniors, but whenever he has met them he has been the friendly little brother.

“I thought you were in Japan by now,” Kris says when stepping up to the table, hesitating just a little when leaning over it to see what food it is.

“We’re going later,” Hannah answers while smiling at how hungry the wolves look, “are you hungry?”

“Can I try one?” Kris asks by her question, hoping she will let him sit down and eat.

Hannah looks at Kyung Ho. “Should we play a game with EXO Hyungs?” she asks him and Kyung Ho nods shyly.

“Oh, a game?” Sehun fires up, “I’m ready!”

“The winner takes it all,” Kris says and points at the food.

“Hey!” Hannah stops Kris’ idea from getting any further (some of them laughs at her reaction), she knows she is still the senior here and can decide whatever she wants (she has gotten evil from her members), “Our food. You can choose what you want to game about.”

The boys gather around the table, looking what it is there (there is a lot of food actually) and it is a lot of chatting with the boys deciding what to go with first. Hannah just laughs at them. Kai is standing behind Kyung Ho, teasingly ruffling his hair while saying his opinion about the food.

“What game will you do then?” Hannah asks the boys when it’s decided.

“Dance battle,” Kris suggests, they laugh so hard at him suggesting that. “What? I am the dancing machine of EXO.”

“And I’m the oldest in EXO,” Sehun laughs, joking as he is the youngest. The boys keeps chatting, coming with ideas for what to play and Kyung Ho does it too, more relaxed when seeing how relaxed his seniors are, but in the end Kyung Ho and Luhan decides to have a dance battle, and Kai follows their lead to say that so in the end that is decided. Sehun has already taken out his cell phone, looking for some good music while they decide who should do the dance battle. Kyung Ho is chosen and he almost stands up on his chair but receives a look from Hannah so he doesn’t, and the EXO members choose Kai as their represent.

“I think Kris should do it,” Hannah says and laughs when he looks broken by the suggestion.

“Kris Hyung should do it,” Kai says and claps Kris on the shoulder for him to do it.

“Then it’s only Kris who gets to eat if he wins,” Hannah concludes and suddenly there are a lot of boys who wants to do the battle.

It is Kyung Ho who decides who does the dance battle, and with Kai standing behind him, wrapping his arms around the youngest and whispers to him while the others were busy talking, so now when Kyung Ho is going to decide who will do the battle, he has Kai poking his back.

“Kai!” Hannah bursts out when seeing it, pushing his fingers away from Kyung Ho with a laugh, hearing Kai’s hoarse laugh from being caught.

“Don’t cheat!” Baekhyun tells him.

“I can choose anyone?” Kyung Ho wonders, not caring about Kai being scolded. After a lot of this and that, he decides on Kris (because Sehun gets up behind Kris and starts pointing) and with Sehun choosing the song, 5 Pieces’ [Daze] starts playing. They starts laughing, Hannah laughs the most because the boys around her starts to dance all together right away.

Kai stays behind Kyung Ho’s chair when the boy goes out on the floor to dance against Kris, cheering with the others and the boys are singing along to 5 Pieces’ song and Hannah is just laughing at them. But she keeps an eye on Kai too, so when he tries to sneak his hand to the table, Hannah is fast to look up at him and he stands back with guilt, smiling though. Sneaky Kai tried to sneak with some food when everyone’s focusing on the dancing.

As if it was planned, everyone says Kyung Ho won this round, making Kris feel bad. They are applauding and cheering on Kyung Ho for doing so well. The second round, Kai wants to do it – Hannah says he must be really hungry – and the two of them dances to EXO’s [Growl] after saying they have taught Kyung Ho the choreography in past time. Hannah is sitting in her chair, moving along and cheering with the members while the two have their dance battle. Sehun says Kai lost, Kris says it too and Baekhyun comes up with that it is a tie just to not let Kai eat. For the next round, everyone is just dancing around – EXO are really fun with Kyung Ho. Kris gets up next to Hannah, his hand touches her arm and he points down at the food, quietly to not be noticed by the dancers that he wants some food.

Hannah looks up at him, seeing Kris begging for food and she nods at him. Kris is fast to take some, turning towards the wall to take his bite but Baekhyun notices over the others and Kyung Ho is quickly running back to his seat to not have anyone eat his food.

“He lost, why can he eat?” Kai asks when stepping up next to Hannah, pointing from food to Kris who is widely chewing the mouthful he got. “I’m hungry too.”

“He looked so pitiful,” Hannah answers with a hand-motion to Kris who almost spits out the food when he laughs and the other members laughs too, clapping their hands in agreement at Hannah’s answer – cool city boy Kris looked pitiful. While they say that, Kyung Ho feeds Luhan who is leaning over the table and Sehun starts complaining too and it ends with that they take out more chopsticks for all of them to enjoy the food together. Hannah even stands up for them to fit around the table, practically pushing Kai down on her chair as he wants her to sit instead but with s sitting down, she thinks he should too. Instead, Hannah takes Kyung Ho’s seat to have him sit in her lap.

“You should have another dance battle to see who will clean this up,” Hannah jokes with them when seeing Baekhyun drop some on the table, smiling at the response she gets.

“Baekhyun Hyung should battle this time,” Kai suggests and they laugh again.

They finish eating and Kyung Ho starts showing them his text book, the EXO members suddenly studying Japanese with him. Hannah gets up, starting to clean up the food; Luhan helps her while the others pretend to be too busy reading in Kyung Ho’s text book and talking in their basic Japanese.

“Hannah is good at Japanese, right?” Baekhyun asks Hannah when she is already done cleaning up. All the eyes look up at her beside from Kyung Ho who takes back his book from Kris. “When we went to Japan last year, our manager scolded us for not being as good as 5 Pieces.”

“Liar,” Hannah laughs. The boys’ laughs loudly at her fast response and Sehun say that they were scolded for it.

They talk a little longer until Suho comes looking for his lost wolves, saying the others are waiting and at the same time Kyung Ho’s manager comes to say he has to go too. Hannah walks with her arms around Kyung Ho when they walk out the room after EXO, still chatting and thinking that the filming has come to an end. Only one camera captures Hannah back-hugging Kyung Ho, whispering in his ear that they will see each other next week. The filming crew stays behind in the room to pack their things, Hannah walks with Kyung Ho a bit until they part ways and she waits a little before she heads back to the room to thank the crew for today’s filming.

“Nuna,” Kai comes jogging up behind her.

“Hi, did you forget something?” Hannah asks, as the other members have already gone to the practice-room.

“Yeah, they told me to bring the trash from the breakfast,” Kai answers, glancing at her when his body language gets more awkward. “And I wanted to ask you something…”

“What is it?” she lightly wonders, stopping outside the door that is closed, hearing the staff packing up in there.

“Is it true… what’s being said about you and Jonghyun?” Kai quietly wonders, glancing at her as if he is asking something he shouldn’t. Hannah’s face goes cold right away. Taeyeon from SNSD is working with Jonghyun, promoting SM the Ballad, and for that has known the truth since it happened, and somehow Hannah kind of knew it would just be more and more people finding out about it as the rest of SNSD found out about it that week. But other than SNSD texting her to ask if it’s true and what happened, no one else seems to know about it.

“Yeah…” she quietly says, clearing and looks in the wall to not have to look at him. “It appears that way.”

“Oh…”

“How did you find out?” she asks in a low voice, glancing at Kai who is staring down at the floor, probably embarrassed to ask her in first place.

“Um… I heard it,” he mumbles, “None of the members believe it though.”

So he will go tell them now? Hannah wants to ask, she is a little annoyed at it, but decides to tell him something else instead; “Kyung Ho doesn’t know.” Their eyes meet and Kai starts nodding.

“I won’t say anything,” he answers.

Hannah bites her lip, turning to the door to go inside, not wanting to say anything more about it. She wonders where he heard it; what if all EXO knows it, who told them? Does the whole agency know, is it Jonghyun who has told everyone? Maybe Taemin told him; at least that would make sense. She ignores it when she comes inside the room, smiling and thanking the crew for todays and yesterday’s filming, exchanging some words and the usual. Manager Lim comes too, saying goodbye to the crew too.

It’s not much left to do. Hannah and Carolina head home; get their bags and the other ladies are ready to leave and they all go to the airport together. Hannah has so many questions in her head; she sends a text message to Taemin, asking if he has told anyone about her and Jonghyun. Not until she has sent it she finds it weird asking that question. She looks up at the ladies in the van, Carolina has fallen asleep already, but Maria is playing a game on her cell phone so Hannah leans a little forward behind the leader’s seat.

“Kai knew about me and Jonghyun,” the youngest whispers to the leader.

Julia sitting next to the leader turns her head; Carolina is sitting behind Julia and Emelia is sitting at the front. “I thought only the girl-groups knew about it,” Julia comments.

“You told them?” Maria asks the youngest, as she heard that EXO came to the filming.

Hannah shakes her head against Maria’s headrest, pouting. “I sent a text to Taemin asking if he told him,” she answers in a low voice, looking down at her phone when getting a text message. “He says he was scolded by Jonghyun about that… What does that mean?”

“Jonghyun scolded Taemin for telling Jongin you have broken up?” Maria reacts, looking up at Emelia at the front while talking to Hannah. “Yah, baby, if you two have broken up you should tell people about it, otherwise it’s just weird.”

The youngest just pouts, not sure she wants to tell people they have broken up. She leans back in her seat, staring at the text message she got from Taemin and wondering what to answer. She hasn’t talked to any SHINee members, not even Taemin, so to suddenly ask that question feels weird. She ends up writing ‘okay, thanks’, to which Taemin asks if she is working today. Casual, it doesn’t seem weird at all when he texts her; maybe it shouldn’t, she has no idea. They text each other for a while though, talking work and what they are doing today, Hannah ends with that she is boarding the plane and he wishes her a safe trip.

 

“I don’t get what the big deal is,” Emelia mutters when they are on the train going from Fukushima to Tokyo after finishing their activities in Fukushima for tonight.

“I want to sit by the window, it’s that simple,” Maria yawns, stretching out in her comfortable seat.

“Aren’t I the one getting sick on rides?” Emelia mutters, crossing her arms over her chest and sinking in her seat to sleep.

Maria just pats her on the leg. “You never complain during train rides.”

Hannah is sitting next to them by the trains’ middle seats, sitting with Carolina next to her. Just like her members, Hannah gives a yawn and closes her eyes, ready for a two and a half hours train ride back to Tokyo when they just three hours ago were going the other way. She couldn’t sleep on the plane, her mood was too good after filming with Kyung Ho, but now when they have done their performance and are going to Japan to sleep she is back to the tired Hannah she has been this past two weeks. Japan has the most comfortable trains too; it’s easy to fall asleep. She keeps hearing Emelia and Maria talking in low voices though, Emelia explaining that she gets sick during flights, on the bus and in cars, so it is very nice if she could sit by the window on the train too just in case, Maria first pretending to not hear her but Emelia keeps talking about it so Maria ends up asking her to be quiet.

“Hannah,” Emelia turns her focus to the other side of her.

Hannah doesn’t move. She keeps her eyes closed, tired and not wanting to know what Emelia wants to talk about.

“I know you don’t fall asleep that fast,” Emelia tells her in a low voice. “You’re going back to Seoul tomorrow – could you grab a pair of shorts for me on the way?”

Hannah just nods. Emelia smirks at her, sighing as she was listening but not answering and the rapper puts down the cap on her head to get some sleep too. They have an early morning to promote their single that is released.

The train ride goes too fast. Hannah feels all groggy when they reach the Japanese apartment they got last year, their managers sleeping in a smaller apartment in the same building. The apartment has three bedrooms, Maria sleeps in her own. Walking in there it feels like they are coming home, last year this was their second home during their time in Japan; it is spacious and newly renovated before their move-in. Hannah goes to the bathroom first, one of the two they have, and when she is done she sets her alarm for morning and brings the bags to her room. She pulls off her clothes right away after taking out the raglan-sleeve print t-shirt, tiredly but fast to pull it on when Emelia comes inside the room.

“Kyung Ho mentioned something when you weren’t around the other day,” Emelia mentions, throwing her bag down next to her bed closest to the door.

“Mhm,” Hannah mumbles tiredly and puts her things on the side, her back facing Emelia.

“Yeah… it seems like the little one is worried about you too,” Emelia continues to mutter, clear enough for Hannah to hear. “His sister loosing weight and acting all weird…”

Hannah turns around to give her a glare, her eyes half-open. “Why are you bringing this up now?”

“I’m just saying,” Emelia shrugs her shoulder, “Jonghyun worried about you, asking questions and all that – you broke up with him. I’m just preparing you that Kyung Ho will ask questions out of worry soon too.” Hannah sighs loudly in frustration. “And your check-up tomorrow; we all know what they will say.”

“Yeah, I know, the exact same thing they have said for the past year,” Hannah angrily says. She grabs her quilt and pillow, glaring at Emelia when walking to the door. “I’ll sleep in the living-room.”

“, Hannah, you serious right now?” Emelia turns to look after her.

“Deadly serious!” Hannah growls by the door before walking out.

“Stop being so damn selfish!” Emelia calls behind her, waiting for a few seconds for a response but Hannah doesn’t say anything. Maria peeks inside the room, glaring at Emelia. Emelia rolls her eyes. “Oh shut up,” she tells the leader before slamming the door. Maria sighs and walks to the other side of her own bedroom to look inside the living-room, a long sofa L-shaped over by the furthest corner with the short end by the window leading to the balcony, a slide door. Hannah is lying down with her head in the corner, pulling the quilt warmly over her and letting her back face the room. Maria walks up to her, taking a seat on the short end next to Hannah’s head and leans back against the back-rest.

“I’m tired,” Maria sighs lightly.

“Go to bed then.”

“Don’t do that to me, Hannah,” the leader whispers, keeping her voice light. “I told you we work together, as a team. Emelia is right, that’s why you are pissed off on her, but it is not right of her to bring it up like this. Go sleep in your own bed, you’ll need the good sleep.”

Hannah shakes her head against the pillow. “I’ll sleep better here.”

An upset Hannah is a stubborn Hannah, so Maria gives her a hug and leaves her alone.

 

In the morning, 5 Pieces have a live TV filming after six. It’s early but the ladies are surprisingly ready to start off their promotions officially, as their single is released today. Hannah gets to wear a pink short-sleeve devil-accent hooded top, redesigned with 5 Pieces’ slogan at the front, and she is wearing a black/pink skirt to over-the-knee socks and high heels. It is a cute/rock feel in the style, like all of them have, but what makes Hannah look cute is the pink matching her skin and hair. All of the ladies look surprisingly dolly in the clothes, wearing colourful outfits to their blonde hairs.

The morning show has two male hosts and two girls, loudly talking to each other in the excitement when they are talking about today’s guests.

“They are the world’s number one girl-group at the time. They have even been partying with One Direction! Last year they broke a record in Japan, becoming proud artists we can brag about that love Japan and now they are back with a new single! Let’s welcome, the strong-minded girls with synch and perfection who are now shouting [Let’s Go!] to welcome spring – 5 PIECES!” the male host roars out the girl-group’s name like a fan-boy and the hosts stands a little on the side of the detailed set, all focus put on the wide doors in the back opening up with the music playing 5 Pieces’ new playful song.

Five colourful, blonde ladies walk forward, bowing and moving to their song with wide smiles this early in the morning. The hosts are shouting out ‘cute’ and ‘cool’ as the ladies walk up to stand next to each other. As soon as the music stops, they do their Japanese greeting as a group and bows.

“You look like dolls!” the male host bursts out, gaping when looking at 5 Pieces. “Last year you looked very cool, now you look girly and cute…”

“It’s the concept for our single,” Emelia answers, the host laughs at her answers and says that she sounds just as cool as she did last year. Emelia thanks him for that – she looks cool in the outfit too, but overall the ladies are cute in the colourful clothes.

“Your new single is coming out today?” the female host wonders and a male host steps to the side to get the single in his hand to show everyone.

“Our sixth Japanese single [Let’s Go!] is out today,” Hannah answers and they all clap their hands to congratulate that.

She is smiling a lot, she can’t help it with the single out, the Japanese are treating them friendly with respect and she is wearing pink clothes – she isn’t much for pink, but it is a girly outfit and girly means a lot of smiles. Maria is the one introducing the single, about the song and opening everyone will enjoy listening to it. The hosts add up that it is a really fun spring song to listen to.

“Do you call yourselves artists or idols?” the female host is curious to know.

Automatically in Japan, Carolina turns her head to Hannah standing in the middle, while it is Emelia who answers the question; “The meaning of ‘idol’ is different depending on which country you are in. In America it is someone who is admired by people, while in Korea it is someone very young and pretty. So in some part we are idols, but I think we would like to be called artists… It fits us the most now.”

“You met up with One Direction recently… Are you close?” the male host wants to know, looking very curious. “Are they handsome in real life?”

“Very handsome,” Maria shortly agrees with a smile at the host who quietly repeat his question ‘very handsome?’ as if he confirms it and Maria just nods with a face-expression saying they really were.

“Are you close?” the female host wonders.

“We met them two times, so… we’re not that close,” Emelia answers, “But the first time we met was at a hotel and they invited us to their room to hang out.”

“Whoa… a personal invitation to meet One Direction? How cool isn’t that?” the hosts are gaping at each other. “So what did you do in the hotel room…?”

“Um… we were drinking a little and danced a lot,” Emelia answers and points over at Maria, “She is crazy when it is music on.”

“You dance when you have been drinking?” the host asks Maria, the leader hesitating a bit to hear Hannah explain the question in a low voice at her.

“Aaah, no,” Maria shakes her hand at them, “I dance all the time.”

Hannah nods, explaining for the hosts to just widen Maria’s answer a little; “Maria doesn’t need to drink to dance. Just play good music and if she is in the mood she will dance.”

“We’re about to see that,” the male host points at the ladies with a smile before turning to the camera, “5 Pieces will perform their new song [Let’s Go!] right after this.”

While the cameras goes over to an introduction of 5 Pieces’ journey in Japan (starting off with Hannah’s acting career), the ladies bow to the hosts and shake their hands before getting microphones and goes to take their positions for the live performance. The girls take their positions, Hannah looks at her members’ positions to see if they are standing right –they are standing next to each other, posing to be ready for the music. She focuses at the front, smiling, so when the happy pop track starts to play, she starts to move her body along with the ladies. It is a very jumpy song, like they are bouncing through it and they starts off with some cheerleading cheer.

*LET’S GO, PIECES, LET’S GO! – LET’S GO, PIECES, LET’S GO!

LET’S GO, PIECES, LET’S GO! … LET’S GO!*

At the end of the second ‘let’s go’ for each part, they clap their hands twice to the rhythm, but for ‘…’ they go quiet and then cheerfully start off the song with a loud ‘LET’S GO!’ and it is Hannah who steps forward, bouncing with her members and singing to the camera.

[Hannah] *HEY, boys and girls, are you ready? READY! This time is the time,

[Maria] We will shine, we will glow – So let’s go!*

[Emelia] *This is our PARTY TIME, it’s the best DANCE TIME

[Carolina] Get up on your feet and start moving, sing with me, have a GOOD TIME*

[CHORUS] *Oh-la-la EVERYDAY, everyday show a smile

At times I look like an idiot,

But to have fun, oh-la-la

Let’s go, to only better times, let’s go*

[Carolina] *3… 2… 1… GO!*

Slowly, Carolina counts down with her fingers counting to the camera doing a close-up on her, the ladies mostly just jumping up and down and being cheerful while certain parts have their own choreography in it. It is a cheerful song indeed. After Carolina’s part, it is a dance pause and they do a fun and simple dance that they know fans have already been imitating after the PV was released.

[Emelia] *Crazy, crazy, crazy, let’s go out of our mind dancing

[Maria] AMAZING, [Hannah] your dance, my HEART, [Julia] the best*

[CHORUS] *Oh-la-la EVERYDAY, everyday show a smile

At times I look like an idiot,

But to have fun, oh-la-la

Let’s go, to only better times, let’s go*

[Emelia] *HEY, boys and girls, are you ready? READY! This time is your time

[Carolina] Just to shine, just to glow – So let’s go!*

[Hannah] *BELIEVE ME, it can only get better. [Maria] If you let your heart free, PARTY TIME

We have the best DANCE TIME. [Hannah] Are you ready? 3… 2… 1…*

Hannah smiles widely, grimacing a bit when she counts down and she starts to dance with her ladies for the same dance break it was after Carolina’s part earlier. It is a bouncy song, so after two minutes of bouncing you get a little tired, but the ladies are smiling and having fun, not letting it affect them as they are more focused on moving and remembering the Japanese lyrics.

[Maria] *Crazy, crazy, crazy, let’s go out of our mind dancing

[Emelia] Amazing, [Julia] your dancing, my HEART, [Carolina] the best*

[CHORUS] *Oh-la-la EVERYDAY, everyday show a smile

At times I look like an idiot,

But to have fun, oh-la-la

Let’s go, to only better times, let’s go*

*LET’S GO PIECES, LET’S GO! – LET’S GO, PIECES, LET’S GO!

LET’S GO, PIECES, LET’S GO! ([Hannah] Are you ready?) – LET’S GO, PIECES, LET’S GO!

[Maria] I ASK YOU! Are you ready?!*

[CHORUS] *Oh-la-la EVERYDAY, everyday show a smile

At times I look like an idiot,

But to have fun, oh-la-la

Let’s go, to only better times, let’s go*

The cheerleading part LET’S GO is hilarious to do, the girls are looking to have a blast chanting it out and clapping their hands in between, moving along to the music and Hannah asks her question in a singing voice, while Maria does her part in a more chanting part to fit the song. They continue with the chorus, dancing and jumping back and forth. Like always when it comes to 5 Pieces, they adapt to their songs and make it their style; wearing colourful songs, moving with light steps and singing cheerfully, this is suddenly looking like 5 Pieces as if last year’s charismatic and feminine concept is someone else. The staff likes it, the cameras likes it, the viewers like it – everyone is bouncing along to the rhythm. Fans who have followed them in Korea too will be surprised by the difference in their feminine and classic style from [I Want a Man] to this girly and cheerful style.

*Crazy, crazy, crazy, let’s go out of our mind dancing

Amazing, [Emelia] your dance, my HEART, the best*

[CHORUS] *Oh-la-la EVERYDAY, everyday show a smile

At times I look like an idiot,

But to have fun, oh-la-la

Let’s go, to only better times, let’s go*

[Hannah] *3… 2… 1… LET’S GO!*

Hannah gets a close-up when counting, the camera misses how the ladies get together with their hands as he focuses on Hannah’s face but zooms out in time for Hannah to cheer LET’S GO and the girls throw their hands up in the air, cheering and finishing off the song brightly.

The cameras are turned off, the show has ended with 5 Pieces’ performance (they came at the end), and the ladies starts bowing and thanking the staff for their hard work. They walk up on the set with the hosts for a picture too, posing girly (Hannah gives two v-signs with her smile) and the hosts keeps praising the ladies and thanking for the signed CDs they got.

The ladies go backstage to get moving to the next station to do a recording for a show, before leaving this station they are already going through what kind of interview it will be, what to say and look through the papers. Hannah ignores Emelia, not sure if anyone notices that because in interviews, these two will talk a lot as the most fluent in Japanese, but that is about work; for work, she can talk to Emelia, a little cold though, but she gets the work done. In a few hours, Hannah will be in Korea for the hospital visit and to talk to the police. It feels like she runs away from reality in Japan, from the wondering questions to why someone is threatening her and wanting details; if they had promotions in Korea now, everyone would ask questions so it is good they will be in Japan for the next week

5 Pieces head to the next station, changes clothes and goes around greeting the hosts and staff and hands out their CD personally, receiving praise and wide-eyes for their looks. A lot of people say they look like dolls; according to Maria they look like dolls because of the colourful outfits and blonde hair, having a very exotic look about them. They eat breakfast too before starting to film the show.

Something hilarious close in on the start of the recording is when the hosts brings out a table of food for the ladies to try (they have been talking about favourite Japanese food and things they want to try) so the staff had actually prepared this beforehand. 5 Pieces starts laughing at the sight of food as it was not planned that they would eat since they ate breakfast before filming but the ladies still look at the food like hungry puppies and more than gladly try the different dishes. Even the hosts are surprised over how easily they try it; as people rarely put something in their mouth that they haven’t tried before and less something they don’t even know what it is.

Julia turns around to give Hannah a taste from the chopsticks; some kind of fish.

“Hannah-chan is just hiding in the back laughing,” one of the hosts takes notice of Hannah covering and laughing when tasting the fish.

Hannah waves her hand at him, swallowing the fish and grimacing lightly before she can say anything. “It’s funny because we ate breakfast right before,” Hannah explains and starts laughing when the hosts starts asking WHAT and asking how the girls can continue eating as they look like hyenas over the table, asking if they don’t get to eat.

“I’m always hungry,” Maria tells him.

“You can’t be with that body!” he bursts out with his eyes going up and down at the leader’s skinny body, and the ladies laughs when he says she looks like she doesn’t ever eat anything.

“She eat the most though,” Emelia informs him, shocking the hosts even more and Hannah points at Carolina, saying she also eats the most. “The two of them can eat more than a full grown man.”

“That’s impossible!” the host’s voice is so loud.

Maria laughs at it, taking another taste of the dish she liked. “I dance a lot.”

“You must do more than dancing if you eat as much as they say…” he doesn’t seem to believe it though. “If you eat so much, how do you stay in shape?” He asks the question to the ladies that can explain better in Japanese, and Hannah can see how Emelia is busy telling Julia to try one of the dishes so she finds it her responsibility to answer.

“We do dance a lot, during performances and when practicing,” she explains calmly while Emelia’s low voice is explaining to the ladies what it is they are eating as she is reading from the notes by each plate. “Our problem is more to get enough food to keep up with the amount we move because we are always working.”

Only after saying it, Hannah wonders if fans will connect that to her reason to constantly loose weight. But she seems to explain it well for the host who just looks impressed, telling them that they should eat a lot of what it is on the tray, making them laugh because it sounds like he pities them. It’s for fun though. During a break, Hannah takes a picture with Julia and their CD, uploading it on Instagram with a message in Japanese;

{Instagram, 5P_HANNAH: Have you bought our new single? [Let’s Go!] is out in store now, let’s go Japan! We are having fun with the promotions, just want to check in on Puzzle to see if everyone is keeping up with our activities. LET’S GO, PIECES, LET’S GO! ^^,}

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 26th: SM Entertainment Takes Legal Actions Against Fan Threatening 5 Pieces’ Hannah

Headline 26th: 5 Pieces Look Flawless During Performance Visit In Fukushima

 

Headline 27th: 5 Pieces Tell Fans [Let’s Go!] With New Japanese Single Release

Headline 27th: PV Teaser For 5 Pieces’ [When There Is No Tomorrow (明日は存在しないときは)] Revealed

Headline 27th: [Let’s Go!] Takes First Place On Japan’s Music Charts As Soon As It’s Released

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

X. devonalias