Chapter 20 - Endings With Beginnings

Youngest of Pieces: Five Years in History (9)

“Good morning!” Hannah greets the choreographers when entering the practice-room on Wednesday. It’s just Hannah, Julia and Carolina coming inside the room because Maria is still in China and Emelia is recording her performance for tonight’s Show Champion so she can come rushing here to the practice-room, and the three of them do a mix of both a Korean and English greeting when seeing their usual dance teacher Kim Ji Hwa together with three Americans that looked surprised over the ladies’ early arrival (they were planned to come in later because of Emelia’s schedule).

Hannah bites on to her lip, smiling out of nervousness as she shakes hand with the three strangers. She is wearing a pair of leggings and a tank top underneath the long shirt, completely ready to spend the day practicing for the new song that has kept the ladies doubting their comeback. The strangers they meet are new choreographers; a team from America that has been preparing choreography for [Girls Power] especially for 5 Pieces and today is the first basic choreography training.

Janetta Belle Huddleston is tanned, has black shoulder-length hair and is 31 years old; she looks very athletic in blue sweat pants and white loose tank top. Katharine Dorsey has longer curly hair in the colour blonde-brown, and she is just 28 years old, wearing a pretty dress and tights. The third choreographer is the only man; Kade Bristol is a tall, slim yet well-trained 32 year-old man with short dark hair and a white smile, dressed in black pants and a gray tank top. They look like the perfect trio together, and at first glance Hannah wonders how the heck 5 Pieces will be able to keep up with them in the practice-room.

With neither Maria or Emelia being around to keep the conversation going, Hannah realises that Carolina is too shy to talk a lot and Julia doesn’t look like she want to speak English – so Hannah ask these basic questions. Jannetta is married and has a four-year-old child, they all have danced since they were either kids or teens and they have worked together for nine years, doing choreographies for big stars, musicals, movies and even some smaller jobs for dance clubs. They do know about 5 Pieces; after [Daze] most people seem to know them. And the choreographers say they have looked through 5 Pieces’ previous videos, as they know how important it is for an artist to try new things to keep entertaining the audience.

They warm up their bodies; during that time, Emelia comes, and she joins in the warm-up that the new choreographers teach them as they need to warm up specific muscles. The ladies get to show their usual warm-up routine first too.

Missing one member doesn’t stop the practice; they are just learning the moves so far, no positions yet. And close after beginning, Hannah glances at her members to see their reactions. The choreography is y, not provocative depending on the clothes, but after three hours Hannah has been bending over, pushing out her and taking her hand up her thigh all too many times. According to the choreographers, [Girls Power] has an old-school sound mixed with contemporary and modern, making it not just a challenge for 5 Pieces but also for the choreographers; though the choreographers are used to work with the old-school kind of songs, in the style like [Lady Marmalade], they are challenged to make it work for a pop group.

After those three hours, they get a special course from their guests about movements; y movements, feminine movements, how to show off the female body in the best way and how to move without making it seem trashy or provoked. Because the song and choreography is such a challenge, the girls don’t know how to move to it. If they are taught a part of the choreography for the legs and arms, they are taught specifically how to move the rest of the body to come out y without being too much.

Kim Ji Hwa is there the entire time, also learning the song and doing much better than the ladies because she is a dancer; Carolina thinks she is there to make sure the dance isn’t too much or that the ladies show a bad attitude because that is what the agency has been worrying about as 5 Pieces haven’t showed the best attitude to this.

“You got to work with what you got,” Katharine says when guiding Emelia from top to toe on how to do a wave, teaching her how to move her body. Katharine stands behind Emelia, her hands on the rapper’s waist and actually moving her accordingly, while Carolina is just freaking out to have a stranger move your body that way.

Julia has sat down by then, feeling satisfied by just watching them and Hannah is trying to practice without being noticed.

“Look at her,” Kade comments and points over at Hannah, who stops moving right away. “You did right with your hip. It shouldn’t be so complicated, just feel y and move with your body to the song.”

Hannah sits down after that, only dancing when everyone else does it. She guess the choreographers didn’t expect to get such a challenge to learn four girls how to dance ily; how to move their bodies. Hannah gets the most praise, and Emelia says it is because Hannah has a body to work with, but Janetta says she doesn’t have such a feminine figure like Hannah but she can still do the choreography; in other words, not letting Emelia get away with excuses. It’s like a whole lesson about iness. 5 Pieces’ iest song is [Run Out], the Japanese song from earlier this year, and that song isn’t really y other than the instrumental and the outfit – okay, the choreography is smooth and good but it isn’t a single bit close to [Girls Power].

It’s a great thing they have the whole day to practice the choreography, just the dance moves. It isn’t hard to remember them, but it is hard to make them work. Though they had the choreography prepared when they first came, the dance changes a little during the day. For Hannah, her body doesn’t have a trouble to move ily, she is just embarrassed to do it, so her biggest problem during the practice is the dance with chairs; they stand up next to the chair, bend forward with a hand on the seat with legs straight and pointing… It looks so awkward and wrong for the ladies. While learning the steps for the chair-dance, they keep changing things and Hannah hopes they will just throw the chairs away or something, but sadly that doesn’t happen.

During breaks and when eating lunch and dinner, they all sit together and talk, not just about the song but about each other and explaining Maria’s absence. But the day is still super long. After dinner, Emelia has to leave for her schedule and they wrap up for the day; Hannah’s body hurts already.

 

Coming home that evening, Hannah doesn’t do much. She hears a lot of complains from the other members about [Girls Power], not thinking they can ever pull off that choreography and constantly asking each other what to do if they actually will get up on a stage performing that. By the time Maria comes home, everyone else is already asleep, and Maria goes to bed too. They got an early morning.

Maria and Hannah leave the house first. Maria goes to film We Got Married and Hannah has a meeting with her psychiatrist; a 55minutes session where Hannah gets all confused and frustrated over 5 Pieces’ comeback plans and the members’ reaction and the choreography she learned yesterday. It’s good to let it all out, and she ends the session with a smile when talking about today’s activities.

She has two Halloween parties to go to (5 Pieces’ and then the drama’s party) and she is planning on going to both this evening. Right after her session in the morning she meets up with the other members at the saloon, to get her hair and make-up naturally done for 5 Pieces surprise appearance in We Got Married. That’s what Hannah was smiling about at the session; telling the psychiatrist about the ladies’ plan to invade the We Got Married neighbourhood.

Hannah gets dressed in an ivory loose-fit ¾-sleeve top and brushed fleece pocket accent skinny jeans, a long necklace and cool bracelets; a soft but elegant look. The four ladies all look very casually-dressed when they get in the van, going off to the one-hour distanced neighbourhood location used for We Got Married filming, and when they get nearer the place, Hannah sends a text message to Maria just to lurk out where she is. Maria and Hyunsuk are out at the moment, and when Hannah tells that to the members, they get crazy with ideas of what to do before they return.

The crew for We Got Married has been warned about 5 Pieces’ arrival, and stands outside when the van pulls up below the houses.

Hannah laughs when she jumps out of the van, reaching for Julia’s arm right away to walk together, greeting the staff by lowering their heads and loudly telling each other which house it is as they all have come here before.

It isn’t really much to do when coming there. The two-floor house belonging to Maria and her “husband” Hyunsuk looks almost the same as last time they went there; there is actually some pictures of the couple put up on walls and the table, some gifts from fans in there too (a portrait from a fan of the married couple is hanging big on the wall). Emelia’s first mission when coming in is to look through the kitchen (Carolina does it too); both complaining when not finding anything they can eat and all of them just look through every inch of the place.

“What are we doing while waiting for them?” Julia asks, already bored from watching the pictures of memories hanging on the wall. “I’m bored…”

Emelia has gone upstairs, muttering for the camera that they have treated the clipboard of Shinhwa’s Hyesung badly (Hyunsuk had even thrown it out after Emelia had given it as a gift for them moving in a year ago…). Hannah has started to look through the kitchen now, seeing meat and rice there but like the others said it isn’t anything you can eat right away.

“We should have bought something to eat…” Hannah mumbles, sighing as she turns away from the fridge, pouting as she sees a camera focusing on her. “You think Maria would like it if we make lunch for them?”

“Who?” Julia wonders, looking at Hannah and then gets a surprised face-expression, “You? He-he, Hannah, don’t try anything.”

Hannah laughs, turning back to look through the fridge again. She decides to not try anything, walking away from the kitchen; she doesn’t want to ruin their food just because she doesn’t know how to cook meat or how this kitchen works. Hannah head upstairs, finding Emelia lying on the bed, muttering that she is enjoying the silence away from Maria’s loud voice while she can, and Carolina is still having fun looking around the house. Hannah goes downstairs again, groaning to Julia as they both are bored.

“Should we go to the other house?” Julia suggests, smiling evilly. “To see if they have something to eat.”

Without getting an answer, Julia drags Hannah along. Cameras go with them, as the two girls with their arms linked happily go up the hill to the closest house. Hannah is in a good mood; shows like this is something they used to do all the time, but for the past year Hannah has only heard from Maria how it is going. Julia used to be married on this program too, with a member of ZE:A; Hannah visited them too. It seems that whenever Hannah and Julia appear on these kind of shows together (We Got Married and variety shows) they somehow are seen as a couple; even on We Got Married when they appeared last year at Maria and Hyunsuk’s housewarming party, these people that are commenting during the airing kept saying these two friends are more like a couple than the actual WGM-couple. Hannah doesn’t mind, she gets along well with Julia on-screen.

The two of them reach the door, Hannah kindly pressing the doorbell and Julia unexpectedly excitedly begins knocking crazily on the door, singing SHINee’s [Everybody] and banging crazier on the door.

“Anyone home? Hello?!” Julia has no patience at all.

Inside the house, another couple filming for We Got Married now in the morning is SHINee’s Taemin and A Pink’s Naeun; they both look surprised when hearing the doorbell and really terrified when it starts knocking and banging on the door, hurrying to the hall together where they open the door. Taemin looks utterly surprised yet happy to see Hannah and Julia loudly, brightly and politely greet them. Julia is definitely more comfortable in this surrounding than in the practice-room with the foreign choreographers; she is bright and in a good mood, asking at once if they can come in and what the couple is doing.

Taemin and Naeun have no response, just laughing and being speechless as the two ladies walk inside the house.

In just two minutes, Hannah and Julia have sat down by the kitchen table, both taken a fruit from a bowl on the table to eat. Julia gives an apple to Hannah for her to go wash it, which Hannah does while Julia talks to the couple, asking questions and commenting on the house. Taemin has become Taeman, liking their company while his “wife” has become the quiet junior. He has opened up in front of cameras with his personality, it surprises Hannah when she realises it. She goes back to sit next to Julia, bringing a peeler for the apple.

“But what are you doing here?” Taemin asks them when taking the seat in front of them, taking out the chair next to him for Naeun to sit down too.

“We came to surprise Maria, but we got bored,” Julia is fast to answer when taking the peeler and apple from Hannah. “And she doesn’t have anything to eat. It’s okay if we eat of your fruit?”

“Shouldn’t you ask before you do it?” Taemin chuckles lightly, but he shoves the bowl towards them to let them know they can eat.

When Julia and Hannah starts sharing the apple (a half each), Taemin tell Naeun to say something, as she has kept quiet until now. She looks really shy sitting there, her hands held tightly together under the table and she keeps glancing from them all within seconds before shyly looking down. Hannah keeps looking down too, but she is focusing on the apple in her hand, making sure it’s clean from the skin.

“Does Taemin ever talk about me?” she asks while looking at Taemin, not having the courage to look at the ladies.

Hannah avoids eye-contact on that question, expecting the overly talkative Julia to answer but her friend pats Hannah on the arm, telling her to answer as she is chewing (Taemin laughs, saying she just don’t want to answer). Hannah thinks of the times she has met Taemin, going through their conversations.

“Not much around me…” she answers honestly, Taemin laughs out of embarrassment though. “But we don’t meet that often either. Taemin is always busy playing games.”

Julia laughs in agreement but you can’t really hear her because Taemin laughs too loud as if trying to make the cameras not catch what Hannah said by using his loud voice. Naeun keeps looking at him though, noticed the way they all talk. “You speak informally to each other?”

“Uhm,” Julia is fast to answer with a nod, “He is a year younger than us.”

“I’m your senior though,” Taemin adds to the ladies, and Hannah finds herself looking up at him from her apple. It’s almost that she is going to start laughing at him and Taemin is showing his bright smile. He turns to Naeun; “I debuted in May, 5 Pieces in November.”

“Actually, our TV debut was in April,” Julia corrects him.

“But that doesn’t count,” Taemin sighs at them.

“Taemin, you know we still won’t treat you differently,” Hannah fills out with a sweet smile. “By the way,” she adds, focusing on Naeun who gets all red in her face for the attention, “Kai says Taemin talks about you all the time. He says you are very pretty all the time.”

He looks satisfied to hear that, even leaning back in his chair to look at Naeun, as if he expects her to look happy over it too.

“Ah, I don’t tell Hannah anything because she doesn’t watch the show,” Taemin then says.

“I do watch the show!” she laughs.

“When?” Taemin is fast to answer, smiling because she was fast to answer.

“I saw when you couldn’t peel the apple,” Hannah answers.

“That was half a year ago,” Julia laughs.

“You really don’t watch the show?” Taemin ends up getting surprised; he thought she watched Maria’s parts at least. Hannah takes another bite of the apple without answering and Taemin laughs when saying he will tell Maria, and Naeun is just watching them quietly and Julia gets up on her feet to wash another apple.

They then get distracted when Naeun comments on that Julia is really good at peeling off the skin from the apple.

Soon enough, Hannah gets a text message that lets them know Maria and Hyunsuk are back, so Hannah and Julia say their goodbyes; Hannah doesn’t forget to clean up after them on the table, after seeing Julia just leaving it. She reminds Taemin when the cameras aren’t there that they will see each other at the music show later.

The two ladies hurry down the hill to house next too, storming the house with loud voices and Hannah runs up in Maria’s arms when saying they have been bored waiting.

“Yeah, I bet, you went to our neighbours I heard?” Maria does her best to sound jealous, not letting Hannah out of the hug when the youngest tries to greet the model and actor Kwon Hyunsuk. When Hannah made her Korean acting debut last year, Hyunsuk was a member in the band she acted in, together with FT Island’s Honggi, a female actress who works more and more in Japan lately and another male actor. Maria is a better friend to him by now; hopefully, by the way they contact each other all the time.

“They have food with them,” Emelia announces, already sorting out the table put in the living-room for them all to gather around on the floor to eat.

“It’s a good thing we bought a lot,” Hyunsuk comments, helping out to set the table. As it wasn’t really prepared for 5 Pieces to invade (not for the couple, anyway), Maria & Hyunsuk hadn’t bought food for them all, but like always the leader of 5 Pieces bought extra much for her appetite.

“You expected to eat this all by yourself?” Julia sounds surprised though when she sees all the food.

Maria just chuckles in response. They all help out to set the table, Carolina also showing the movie they have brought along to watch together – last time 5 Pieces was here, they didn’t have a TV; but with the show they have managed to get one by doing missions. “What movie are we watching?” Hyunsuk asks as the ladies starts taking their seats.

“An American classic – Notting Hill,” Carolina proudly answers, lying on her stomach on the floor to reach the DVD where she is turning on the movie.

“What? Ya, you let Carolina decide movie again?” Maria complains.

“You wanted to see it, remember?” Emelia comments to the leader. “Hannah, they have dukbokki (spicy rice cakes) too.”

“Well, yeah, it’s the best movie, duh,” Maria rolls her eyes. She makes no sense at all.

Hannah shines up hearing what Emelia tells her, hurrying off to get a bowl and spoon to herself. “You thought of me when getting lunch?” she jokes and she comes over to the table to take some of the spicy rice cakes in her bowl so she can sit down in the sofa behind them by herself, watching the movie that has started. It has Korean subtitles.

No one looks much at the movie in the beginning, too busy talking and eating; the conversations are about the food. Maria gets annoyed when Hannah doesn’t want to eat of the grilled marinated beef they use to the wraps with lettuce and side dishes. Hannah sitting in the sofa by herself doesn’t annoy anyone though because she would block a camera if she had to sit around the table with the others; they can just sit on one side because of the camera-crew, looking at the TV on the side where the movie Notting Hill with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts is playing.

When this episode airs, the people commenting will not drop the talk when seeing Hannah eat spicy rice cakes in a bowl with a spoon. They just can’t stop commenting about the spoon.

“Try this,” Maria says, turning around with her both hands in the air as she holds a lettuce wrapped around some side dishes and the beef between some fingers and the other hand held under so she won’t drop anything. She lifts it up for Hannah, who leans forward, gaping. Maria feeds her and waits for Hannah to comment about it until she turns around to wrap another one to herself. The beef is really yummy; Hannah holds out her bowl to get some beef and lettuce put in it.

 

Hannah holds on tightly to Julia’s arm when walking backstage at M Countdown. She has changed clothes as she is going to the Mr. and Miss Halloween dinner party right after this, wearing a pair of black high heels, tights and a red mesh-panel tank dress so she simply can put on the sequinned devil horns and hold on to the matching trident for 5 Pieces’ Halloween party afterwards. She doesn’t go all-out on the Halloween costume today because of the dinner she has, but the ladies are satisfied with the y outfit anyway. To cover herself a bit, Hannah is wearing a black zip front wool jacket, sponsored from the drama, while she now is walking backstage at the music program.

Hannah and Julia have just greeted U-Kiss and are heading back to Emelia and Maria’s room where they are getting ready after rehearsals for the actual show. On the way, members of Block B walking in the corridor lower their heads politely and the two girls bow back without stopping. Julia is talking about Carolina’s plans to film at tonight’s party for the next episode of , trying to come up with something she can say for the camera to embarrass Carolina and she asks Hannah if she has some advice but Hannah just shakes her head. She has never any advice for those things.

“Put something in her face without her noticing,” a voice says behind them, and Jonghyun is smiling brightly when the two girls turn around.

“Oooh, that sounds good,” Julia likes the idea, pretending she does not notice how Jonghyun looks at Hannah’s outfit. Block B is looking at them all from a distance further behind Jonghyun, barely blinking because a celebrity couple is right in front of them; they don’t want to miss interactions, and they are fans of 5 Pieces.

Jonghyun puts his arm around Hannah when starting to walk with them, asking if that dress has been approved for her to wear.

“Oh please,” Julia rolls her eyes while Hannah doesn’t understand the question.

He doesn’t care about Julia; instead Jonghyun leans in to Hannah’s ear to whisper quietly for her; “It’s very short.”

“It’s not scandalously short,” Hannah answers in a low voice, her eyes focused on his when he leans back. She knows the dress is short, that is why she wears tights to it, but it isn’t too short; she knows her limit. “And it’s sponsored,” she adds quietly.

“It’s daring,” Jonghyun mutters, walking slower so Julia walks by them. Hannah frowns at him; he is upset over her clothes? He does look upset over something, clenching his jaw when looking at Julia getting further away from them. “What are you doing on Saturday…?”

“Um…” Hannah tries to think of her schedule, forgetting that it is Thursday today and not Friday, and she is a little taken back that he changes the subject; she expected some more comment about her outfit. “We got dance practice all day, and I am going to Singapore in the evening.”

Jonghyun sighs, nodding to her as they walk inside the dressing-room where the ladies are all loudly talking. No one notices the couple, and Hannah keeps her eyes on Jonghyun when his arm falls off her shoulders; she takes her hands behind her back to hold on to his hand, her eyes still on his while he looks through the room.

“What about tonight?” Hannah suggests, knowing what he meant with his question. Jonghyun looks at her, a smile visible in his face. He thought she wouldn’t want to meet him?

“I have a late schedule,” he tells her, but a smile is still seen in his face.

“Has that stopped you before?” she teases with a smile. Hannah smiles wider when he laughs in agreement, they decide to meet tonight.

Though Hannah is backstage at first, she can’t stay to see their performances. Like always the leader is happy either way, and Emelia says she can give back for missing it. Hannah gets to take a picture with her members; all five of them, to show their support to each other through SM Entertainment’s Facebook-page where they will upload the picture to write “5 Pieces all together backstage at M Countdown to support tonight’s performers”. Hannah maybe is upset she hasn’t been there much, like for Emelia’s comeback or at all during her members’ solo promotions, but she is happy when she meets up with the cast and crew for Mr. and Miss that gathers at a restaurant. A whole restaurant, so many tables and a lot of food as this is their goodbye dinner together.

Hannah has her cell phone on silent to not get interrupted during dinner; she really wants to have the best time with them all. At first when arriving it is a lot of mingling, everyone walking around and Hannah is just asking how the last week has gone like for them all. There is a photographer there who takes professional pictures of the cast together. Before sitting down to eat together, the cast gets to stand together for a very stylish photo; Hannah between Kim Jaejoong and Lee Philip. Half of the dinner is just about taking pictures, a lot of people give big speeches too about working together, they celebrate three people’s birthdays and have several different cakes that has been sent from fans of the show; Puzzle, 5 Pieces’ fan-club, has also sent in a big cake to thank the crew for treating Hannah well. It is an evening filled with celebration. Hannah gets all touched when hearing the director gives his speech at the end of the dinner, thanking everyone for their hard work and long hours and talking about connection and the future; Jaejoong talks about the future too, saying he hope when they all meet each other during other projects in the future, he hope they can meet as friends. Hannah’s speech is short, but she thanks them all for this time together and she gets teary because Minah had talked before her and expressed her thoughts of getting new friends for life and since Minah had gotten teary, Hannah gets too. And as the youngest and the rookie among the crew, Hannah pouts when they playfully asks why she is crying (that never helps when you try not to cry) and Hannah finishes her speech with a bow.

She sits down and wipes the tears with a napkin, surprised at herself that she is crying but she still laughs when the director comes up from behind her chair to give her a light hug.

Some months ago when the same director had sat around the table, explaining the drama and character he wants Hannah to act in, Hannah had just worried about her schedule with 5 Pieces. After working together on this drama, she has gotten to learn a lot of new people, she has gotten friends in the acting industry and she has learned something every other hour working with these people. It hasn’t mattered if you are an actor or the one working behind the camera; everyone has been really nice after they had gotten to know each other. In her speech, Hannah had said “I know a lot of you had a bad image of me when we first started working together, both because I am a foreigner and a singer… I would want to thank you all for giving me the chance on the set, for taking the chance to get to know me from behind the image you had of me”, and she knew what she was saying because she has worked in dramas before and it is always the same first reaction. She is a foreigner and she can’t speak the language the same way, she doesn’t know the culture by heart; but a lot of people she has worked with for this drama has confessed that their first impression of Hannah after meeting her on the set was completely different.

Hannah and Shin Minah are inseparable during the second half of the dinner, sitting next to each other, going to the bathroom together, taking pictures together, laughing at the same jokes, and not letting anyone get between them when taking pictures with others. When Minah gets a refill in her glass, Hannah swallows the last part in her own to get a refill too. Hannah doesn’t drink much alcohol, but she does drink to celebrate with everyone else.

After three and a half hour they all at the dinner party take one memorable picture together, or two; one serious and one fun. Even in the picture, Hannah and Shin Minah are next to each other. After another half hour Hannah has to leave unless she wants to miss 5 Pieces’ Halloween party.

5 Pieces’ party consists of the members, the managers, the stylists, the dancers, Pete, Park Hyekyung and dance teachers. It isn’t as big as the party Hannah just came from, but it is the family 5 Pieces have been working with for the past five years. Most of them have dressed out to monsters or other Halloween things, and like always Maria is in the centre with her loud voice and crazy dance moves. It is a party filled with music and a disco ball. There is candy and snacks, a lot to drink and it is like a normal Halloween club party.

As soon as Hannah comes she is given something to drink and is brought out to the floor where everyone is dancing. Maria dances wildly, with no regrets or the knowledge of the word “embarrassment” and that is exactly what makes her so fabulous because she moves along to the music and how she feels and she is always the one getting attention on the dance floor even if she has absolutely no idea of how to dance. Hannah dances simply, too aware of her dress.

An hour and four drinks later, Hannah is sitting on a table, her feet bare and an empty glass in her hand, laughing at something random that has been said. The music is loud, her head is a little dizzy, the dancers and Manager Min she is talking with have gotten some to drink too and they are all laughing at every single word that is being said. Julia comes up to them after getting something to drink, and one of the male dancers who comes up behind her gives Hannah a new drink as she ordered (they went to get new drinks so Hannah asked if they could get one for her). When Julia stands between Hannah’s legs to give her a hug, Hannah puts her arms happily around her friend, laughing again at something the others says.

“I’m so drunk,” Julia confesses, giggling with her cheeks blushing from the alcohol and she giggles even more when one of the dancers leaning against the table laughs as he heard her. Julia stands up straight, crossing her arms over Hannah’s legs while looking to her right at the others. “I will be the one laughing at you tomorrow,” she warns them.

They laugh at her, Hannah too. They know she talks about the choreography they are learning tomorrow; all dancers are joining in tomorrow, for their Day 2 Basic Choreography Lesson with the American choreographers.

“You will be shaking your butts like crazy,” Julia laughs too with them.

“Shake it how?” dancer Sukmin asks with a laugh, daring her. Julia gets out of Hannah’s arms and begins shaking her just randomly (not at all like they have practiced) and it makes them all burst out laughing. One of them even spills some from her drink, and Hannah almost falls down on her back on the table, laughing with a hand on her stomach. Sukmin steps forward and is fast to imitate Julia’s -shaking and it gets insane, they all laughing so badly that Hannah almost cries.

A One Direction song begins to play; Hannah doesn’t know it but Maria comes running up to them shouting that and she pushes them all out to jump and dance. Hannah gets down from the table, her tights slippery over her feet but she glides after the others and begins jumping with them. Some of them sing loudly to the song but Hannah doesn’t know the lyrics so she just jumps along and laughs with them. She isn’t as drunk as Julia, but she has been drinking and definitely is intoxicated, but not that her memory will be blurry or she will do crazy things; just a little intoxicated. But Hannah is always denying that for others.

They keep dancing, singing along to random songs and follows each other’s movements. The -shaking is popular among those who stood by the table earlier, and Hannah laughs whenever she sees it.

Hannah dances with Maria, and they both begin shouting when they spot their song-writer and producer Park Hyekyung in the crowd, and they are fast to get him jumping and following Maria’s dance-moves too. There are a bunch of Korean songs that is played, some girl-group songs popular from this year that most people gets excited to (like Carolina) but it is mostly the SM Town songs that get Hannah and Maria shouting along and horribly try out to dance along. Even the dancers that know the choreographies to the songs are doing a horrible job imitating it. But that makes it all so much fun.

Sweaty and laughing, Hannah goes with Julia on the side (because Julia asked her to go with her) and the blonde girl once again gets up to sit on the table. She laughs with Julia as they can see that their friends in the room have actually created a club on their own, and Hannah keeps giggling when she leans back on the table to reach her jacket, trying to find her cell phone while lifting her feet up reach further.

Hannah groans when she sits back up with the phone, holding it with both hands as she begins looking through it. She looks at the time, but doesn’t notice it at all so when Julia asks about the time, Hannah just shows her the cell phone.

She has 16 missed phone calls – Kim Jonghyun.

“Where is your … thing?” Julia asks, her fingers describes the trident Hannah has been holding for her Devil costume, and with Hannah pouting at her boyfriend calling so many times, she looks up with a completely confused face-expression before she looks around her. She was wondering why he has called so many times (did something happen?), but with Julia’s question she gets back to the now.

“I don’t know…” Hannah can’t see the red trident, and come to think of it she is missing her shoes too.

Hannah crawls on the table when Julia leans over it to see on the other side of it, and the two girls look around (just around the table). Of course they don’t find it. When Hannah sits down again, she spots one of the dancers poking some of the girls with the sequinned trident further away, pointing and laughing at it without really getting out a word, but Julia turns around and spots it.

“I’ll get it,” Julia giggles and hurries away.

Hannah can’t remember when she had this fun on a party last time; she has been drinking and dancing with her members, and she is having a really good time. She sits there, happily moving her head and feet to the music while her eyes are glued on her cell phone. It is just for a few seconds, finding her cell phone boring, and she looks up to see where Julia went off to.

She smiles like a big fool when spotting Jonghyun further away, and she automatically begins waving happily, her feet moving back and forth to show how happy she is to see him. She won’t have to step out and call him if he is here.

“Hi!” Hannah brightly laughs and puts her arms out widely when Jonghyun comes up to her. He stops too far away so she can’t reach him, and Hannah is fast to pout at that, pouting even more when seeing his face-expression. “What?” she mutters, kicking her foot towards him like a child, “What are you upset over this time, y?”

She can’t help but to giggle at herself when she calls him ‘y’, and she is fast to take out her arms again when Jonghyun steps closer to her.

“I thought we were going to meet tonight,” Jonghyun tells her, letting her wrap her arms around his neck.

Hannah nods, realises she seems a little too drunk when she does that because his face-expression does not look happy. She keeps smiling her widest, hoping it will rub off to him. He is really y in his clothes; a print t-shirt in white, black jeans hanging on his legs and the couple leather jacket, and like always his face is flawless no matter what mood he is in.

“We are meeting; we have met. You are here, I am here,” she tells him happily, taking down her arms to hold her hands by his hip instead, touching the fabric of his t-shirt on the sides under the jacket lightly.

“You don’t want to go somewhere else?” Jonghyun wonders, leaning closer for her to hear.

She shakes her head, smiling at him. “We can dance,” she suggests, moving her shoulders cutely to the music. But Jonghyun doesn’t seem to budge.

“You left pretty quickly with Honggi last time,” he mentions in a dry tone.

“But I wanted to leave that time,” Hannah giggles. She really didn’t want to be congratulated that day; Honggi saved her. Jonghyun doesn’t like her answer though, something that Hannah doesn’t see because Julia comes up to them with the trident reached over to Hannah, who happily thanks for getting it back.

“Yo wazzup yo, Jonghyun,” Julia tries out a hip hop greeting, but laughs and hits him on the arm with her elbow to show she is just joking. “You missed out the Halloween speech Carolina said earlier; Hannah missed it too because she was too busy crying at the other party. Ha-ha…”

Laughing she leaves them, and Hannah giggles too, her hands playing with the trident now. “I lost this before; Julia went to get it,” she tells Jonghyun without him even asking.

“Can we go now?” Jonghyun sighs. He takes his hand through his hair, sighing again when glancing around.

“I don’t want to go,” Hannah pouts, moving further in on the table to put her cell phone back in her jacket, making sure to have one leg crossed over the other to not do something scandalously. Jonghyun sees her feet; he noticed it before too, but didn’t comment at that time.

“Where are your shoes?” he now asks, touching her leg lightly, feeling the silky quality of her tights.

“Um…” Hannah answers when sitting up straight, glancing around like she did before. “I don’t know… …”

Jonghyun just looks at her; no, he gapes at her. He can’t believe he is gaping at her, shocked to hear her say she has lost her shoes. “How much did you drink?”

“I didn’t loose them because of that,” Hannah laughs loudly, hitting him on the chest with the trident though he barely can feel it. Hannah gets down on the floor, grabbing Jonghyun’s hand with a smile. “Dance with me?”

He is sure it is the alcohol talking; the shy Hannah wouldn’t be eager to take on the dance floor. It’s actually very rare to even see a drunken Hannah enjoy herself this much, and he do catch when she pulls down the dress. Where could her shoes be?

“Hannah, where are your shoes?” he asks in her ear, pulling in her hand to not go to the centre of where everyone is dancing.

“I don’t know!” she loudly answers, turning around to take his other hand in hers too. She smiles up at him, moving their arms to the music, bouncing a little, not knowing how drunk she looks in his eyes. Jonghyun doesn’t soften up, instead he lets go of her hands, tells her he will go find her shoes and then leaves. Hannah pouts, stopping to bounce right away.

She doesn’t know why he is so upset. She pulls down the dress a little more just in case, and what feels like two seconds is actually almost a minute before she hurries after in the same direction her boyfriend disappeared to. She walks around for several minutes, looking this way and that way, trying to find a black jacket and blonde hair in the disco light. Why did he come and ruin her mood just to disappear into thin air? Several of times she thinks she just imagined him, but then finds Julia and asks if she has seen him and it is confirmed he is here. But Julia doesn’t know where he went.

When she can’t find him, Hannah gets sad, thinking he left her. He was really that upset at her, just because she didn’t want to leave? She gets out of the disco light, going to find the bathroom; all that drinking and jumping. She went with Maria earlier so she knows where the bathroom is, and she finds Emelia and two of the female dancers there too.

“He-he,” Emelia chuckles when Hannah comes inside. “Your energy is drained already?”

“Mhm…” Hannah pouts, going inside the booth to do her business.

The others are talking about one of the dancer’s boyfriend, but Hannah doesn’t listen. She keeps thinking of Jonghyun; why he didn’t want to dance when he usually never hesitates to dance, whether there is music around or not. Still pouting, she washes her hands, checks her make-up and leaves the bathroom, wondering if she should get her phone to text Jonghyun or look around for him some more.

She decides to go to her cell phone, walking straight to the back of the table and picks up the phone from her jacket pocket.

“Where did you go?!” a voice bursts out behind her, a strong hand turns her around so Hannah almost drops her phone. She gets such a surprise over Jonghyun appearing out of nowhere, and his voice and words surprises her even more.

“Where did you go?!” she corrects him, hitting his hand away angrily. “I went to look for you but you were gone!”

“I got your shoes; I told you that!” Jonghyun answers, also angry as he shows the pair of shoes he is holding in his hand.

Hannah grimaces, trying to find something to say back but Jonghyun shoves the shoes at her, telling her to put them on. She glares at her boyfriend, dropping the shoes on the floor. “No! Why are you mad at me for having fun?” she answers loudly to be heard over the music, hitting away his hand when he tries to grab her arm. “I had fun for once and you decided to come and ruin it! Why?”

“I ruined your fun?” Jonghyun sounds shocked, but he looks angry when leaning closer to her so he won’t have to use such a high voice. “You’re in a tiny dress, dancing barefoot, you’re drunk and you sat on the table as if you were wearing pants. And I tried to call you for over an hour and all I got was the voicemail!”

“I did not sit on the table as if I am in pants,” Hannah tells him angrily, not sure if she says it correctly but he probably understands what she means.

“Oh, and I forgot to mention that you lost both your shoes and this,” Jonghyun says, nodding at the trident she has put on the table.

“So I can’t loose things?” Hannah complains in a high-pitched voice. “It’s not like anyone would steal my shoes in here! And there is nothing wrong with the way I sit!”

“Just get your stuff,” Jonghyun growls in a low voice at her before he walks by her.

She glares after him, seeing Jonghyun just walk some meters away before he stops, arms crossed over his chest. She takes on her jacket and puts the cell phone back in her pocket, grabs the shoes in one hand and the trident in the other, stomping off on her bare feet. Without a sound she walks by Jonghyun, heading to the door, knowing he sees she isn’t wearing her shoes.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 30th: 5 Pieces’ Hannah Visits The Gym With SHINee’s Jonghyun & FT Island’s Honggi

Headline 30th: EM Performs [Missing] On Show Champion

Headline 30th: Maria Successfully Wraps Up First Solo Concert

Headline 30th: ‘미스터와 미스’ Episode 12

 

Headline 31st: Maria Says Goodbye With [Classic Girl] On M Countdown + EM Performs [Missing]

Headline 31st: Watch The Leave Of Hannah On ‘미스터와 미스’ Episode 13 Tonight

Headline 31st: 5 Pieces’ Hannah Thanks For Her In Tonight’s ‘미스터와 미스’

Headline 31st: Emelia Share Pictures From Their Fun Halloween Party With Staff

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

X. devonalias