Chapter 6.

The Heart Never Forgets

 

You left TS immediately and headed back home.

No way will you let your mum do this to you..

 

 

 

“Mum?!”

Silence.

“ MUM!!!”

“ In the kitchen honey, please don’t yell.. “

“Mum! What is the meaning—Tim?? What are you doing here “

He just gave you a weak smile.

You were frustrated since you are not getting any reply from him, you faced your mum.

“Mum, can you explain yourself?”

“ You are home, “ obviously ignoring your question.

“ Mum,…. “ you are suppressing your anger. 
You love your mum but sometimes she insists her way too much.

Besides, you don’t want Tim to see you quarrelling with your Mum.

“Honey, we are making Kimbap for dinner, Tim has kindly offered to help, how sweet of him, “ she continued on as if your question was unheard.

Alreaady bursting with anger, you stared hard at her greying hair, it aches your heart, but you got to do this..

“ Just like you, I have invited Daehyunnie for dinner.”

Silence.

You can see Tim squirming in awkwardness at the corner of your eye. He was trying his best to maintain a neutral expression.

Your mum didn’t respond.

“ Mum? Can you please say something?

“I knew you would do that, … “ she muttered.

Before you could say anything, she added on, “ I want you to be engaged to Tim by the end of this week, “ her eyes finally met yours.

“… You’ve got to be kidding me. Mum, Tim and I…” Your eyes settled on Tim as you tried to read his expression before continuing his sentence. He was really getting extremely awkward. You could see the pain hidden in his eyes.

“ I know, I believe it was a rash decision. You should have placed more thought into it. I managed to convince Tim…”

“ MUM!”

“ Tim dear, I am so thankful for your help. I’m sure you must be tired. You can head to the guest room to take a rest. I’ll call you when dinner is ready,” she smiled warmly at him. It wasn’t just a smile.
It was his invitation to escape from awkwardness.

Both of you kept silent till you can clearly hear the guest room door closed.

“ MUM!”

“ Young Lady, I will absolutely not tolerate the way you are speaking to me. 
I will have the final say in this…”

“Mum, this is my love story, why are you writing it? “

“Honey, I should have stopped you from the start. 
What you had may be love, but how far can it bring both of you? “

“ Urms, as far as we want? I don’t get what you’re saying…”

 

 

“Both of you are still young.

There are many different levels of love honey.

Your kind of love is puppy love which lies among the lines of mutual affections for each other.
Just liking this person, be it physically or their personalities.. This kind of love can’t bring you far.

You are already 22, soon to decide the man to marry to. 
Are you going to marry to Daehyun?

Yes, he is rich, more than capable to support you, especially after you graduate from college.
Both of you would lead a better life than the one you grew up with.

But you must understand, he is an idol. 
Their time is limited.

Right now based on mutual feelings, you feel that you love him. 
In ten years time, you’ll look older; he will still be talking to younger girl groups, which are prettier.
How sure are you that his heart will not go astray?

You never really know honey, time can change a lot of stuff. 
Besides, how will his fans take it? 
It was so coincidental that both of you broke up before he was famous and getting a lot of attention, what if you were still together? 
Those hateful fans will never let you go. 
You’ll be labeled as Daehyun’s Girlfriend and not as your Baek Ji Yeon.

What ever job you land in, people may say hurtful remarks like: you used your title as Daehyun’s Girlfriend to get into the job when the reality may not be true.

Please wake up darling, I don’t want you to go through that pain. 
Are you going to regret then? 
Because of him, you already repeated your Year 2 module, when you could be in Year 3 now.

Honey, Tim is really a nice guy.
Honestly, I have never met someone like him who is so willing to start over even after how you have treated him.

Apart from his money and looks, he has a stable job at such a young age. He would have more time to spend with you.
He has similar personalities as you and I watched him grow up, he is really not a too bad of a guy.

Honey, I only have you as my daughter, why would I think of hurting you? “

 

 

You really hate how your mum is so capable of convincing you. 
You can’t deny that she was right, her worries were yours as well. 
You truly loved Daehyun, but is he the right guy?

 

 

“Stop crying honey, go talk to Tim, your words may have hurt him… oh and, if you are still insisting on inviting Daehyun here, I think you need to order pizza.. “ trying her best to lighten the mood.

 

You dragged your feet upstairs. You really hate confronting to your mistakes..

You lightly knocked the door, you heard shuffling of feet before the wooden door swing open.

 

 

“Hi.. “

“Hi,” he beamed.

He is really so nice. Smiling to you even after your hurtful words..

“Can I.. come in? “

“Of course! This is your house right? “
“Hahas… yeahh… “ you are the awkward one now..

 

A whole solid five minutes of silence with him spending too long of a time staring at your ceiling with you staring at the door..
 

“ Look… about just now, I really didn’t meant.. ,” 

“ It is fine, I totally understand.”

 

“ You do? “ You turned to face his eyes.

He sighed, “ Remember the first time we met, I told you I broke up with my girlfriend last year.. Do you want to hear the story? “
 

You nodded, “ If you don’t mind sharing.. “


“ I dated her when I was seventeen, it was in the second year of High School.
Both of us had very similar personalities and I asked her out.
Both of us loved each other, we were even labeled as the Dream Come True couple, because what we shared was different that what the others had who break up within a couple of months.. it was really beautiful, those moments with her. “

 

His story was so similar to yours…
 

“ We really got along very well and even headed to the same college together. Both of us took up Business Management.
We were even in honors class.. I thought she was the one.”

 

He paused.
 

He cleared his throat before continuing,..

 

“ Then on our graduation day, she asked to break.. up, “ he was still feeling difficult while recalling these memories.. 
He took a deep breath, “ I asked why, and she didn’t give me a reason. “

 

My friends, all of them tried to cheer me up. 
I didn’t really smile much afterwards. It was terrible to think my first love crumbled down like that, without any reasons… “

 

You really feel like patting his shoulder to comfort.. ahh should you?
 

“ Then, I met you that night.. “ his eyes met yours and your thoughts froze. Me?
 

“I didn’t genuinely smiled for a whole year. My mum figured that I needed a change so she pushed for a blind date.
Honestly, I was dreading. I didn’t wanna meet some bimbo spoilt brats that dates me for money.
I wanted a person who I can share my ideas and thoughts with.
I was absolutely sure I wouldn’t meet such a person in my life anymore…

 

Then you came along, we started out awkward but I realized how similar we were. 
We held conversations that I always wanted to have with her but never did. 
I never find myself not thinking of her in a whole three hours period, but you made me do that… “

 

His whole body was facing you.. Is this…?
 

“ I know, I can’t beat five years of your love with him. I know we broke up too.
But I fell in love with you. I am not just in love, I am willing to spend my life with you.

Yes, we barely know each other, but… I feel something more than that..

I hope, you can remake your decision.
If you ever feel like going back on your words, I will be here to embrace you with both arms.” He beamed.

You couldn’t move. 
 


“Honey!! Daehyun is here~~~”

 

 


Don't lose hope for this story! 
A really long one! 

Comment and subscribe :)