Chapter 50.

The Heart Never Forgets

Daehyun's POV. 
 

".... It's a threat daehyun, it's a threat. " Her eyes spelt fear.

" Someone called Byul send in to Australia's HQ. And, ... "


Byul... 

Did she meant Hanbyul? Did Hyung did this? 
But... why? 

JIyeon doesn't knows him. Why... Why would hyung do this? 
 

" I know about everything you know. " HanByul tucked his hands in his pockets, and rolled his neck in semicircles, and gave me a smirk. 
I gave a light chuckle, " Hahaha, Hyung.. What are you talking about? " 
" I sent them. " He said it bluntly. 
" Them ? " 
He nodded, as if he wasn't bothered by anything, or feeling bad at all. It hit me. 
He continued, " Youngjae is coming out solo again right? " He gave a coy smile. 
It can't be,...right? 
" Aren't you jealous? " 
" Jealous... of my bestfriend? Look, what are you talking about, Hyung? Just get to the point. " 
He kept his smirk and one step by a step, let his leather shoes squeak and send echos to the insides of my body. 
It was as if something evil was stirring. 
He leaned in slowly... and by my ear, he whispered. 
" Watch your back. " 
He patted my shoulders, and left. 

Watch... my back? Will this be a repeat of history? 
Will hyung start hurting people around me? 

 " A sasaeng told me that she told a guy the news. " 

How did a sasaeng get into a picture?

 

"BREAKFAST! " Zelo screamed. 

JiYeon's POV
Well, that went well. 
You felt a whole lot better after that night with Daehyun. You've forgotten how much you missed him, missed his words, missed his voice, missed his laugh, missed his eyes.. missed everything. Though, you felt contrary to his words. Yeah, sure everything will be fine. He love you. 
He does. And so do you. You love him. Really. But there's a small part in you that allowed the fear to grow. But you shrugged it off, for now at least. 
Forever can wait, when everything is fine. 

After a breakfast with the boys, you realised that you should take advantage of this moment and acquire more news. Not against B.A.P. 

" Hey, do you all want to visit HyoSong Unnie later? " you asked everyone before stuffing your mouth with a spoonful of rice. 
" That sounds good, yeah.. " Zelo agreed first, while the rest nodded. 
" And... " and Himchan interrupted you, " Sorry... I have plans. " 
Everyone cast a curious glance. He gave a surprised look at the sudden attention, " What? My old friend wanted to meet up... " He retorted defensively.  "Well... let's meet there directly? " you offered. 

Daehyun gave a small squeeze of your hands under table, you turned to face him, he mouthed " Let's go out later. " 
You suppressed a growing grin on your face, he's so adorably childish.You surveyed the rest to see if they had caught this adorable side of Daehyun, you gave a swift nod before stuffing your mouth with food to hide the blushing cheeks of yours. 

"Oh, " You spoke out suddenly. " Zelo-ah. " He looked up, mouthful of food. The table only had the six boys and you, so you decided to tell Zelo. " Noona, can help you plan the birthday party. " you winked at him. His eyes lit up, and looked extremely grateful. " You mean... " You chuckled and nodded, " I know the best place to throw a party, " He immediately stood up, run over to your seat and squash you like a tiny bunny with his hug.. " Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! " You giggled, and witness that grin on Daehyun. " But it will have to be a small party! " you managed to gasp through that breathless hug that Zelo gave you. " I know, I will give you my plans!! It will be soooo funn!" He replied too excitedly. You smiled, this was the least you can do. Out of the responsibilities of being someone to reveal the private lives of an idol. 

 




Things were looking good since that stupid news came upon. You have been dilligently submitting reports. It was almost miraculous that you could at least send in three reports to make it for the weekly column news. Visiting Hyosong unnie later would grant another news. You have already discussed with the management. It was easier to work internally too. Though, you wished that you could have such good friendships with more companies. You then wondered, what's your purpose of doing this again? At first it was for the joy of writing, and meeting new people. But for the sake of submissions and societal demands... did you lose yourself on the way of pursuing this dream? 

You shook your head to dismiss such thoughts, with closing of doors, you went into Starkim Entertainment.

 


 

Daehyun's POV

"Hmm, maybe you should sing a little soft at the previous chord, and you drag the note till the fifth chord. Open your mouth and it would help with the projection." Daehyun guided his best friend as he monitored and helped his best friend practice his new song.
Their promotions ends today, but YoungJae's debut starts in two weeks. 
Youngjae gave his best friend a grateful smile, and the room was filled with their soothing and honey vocals. 

Finally, they got to rest after three hours of vocal practice, and YoungJae tossed a bottle of water to Daehyun. 
" So what happened? " Youngjae casually asked, taking a long gulp of water from the bottle. 
Daehyun threw a quizzical look at him, " Huh? "
Youngjae looked into Daehyun's eyes for a long time, as if deciding the best words to relay his message. " She cried, didn't she? " he asked softly.

Daehyun swallowed a mouthful of water and kept silent. His heart ached as he recalled what happened last night.
The way she cried her heart out, and that.. that just took life away from Daehyun. 
"I'm sorry about my news, it must have triggered her to work so hard... I should have been more careful. It was my fault. " Daehyun remained silent. " I wished noona doesn't have to do that all. I wished noona didn't need to be watchful of everything... It's my fault." Youngjae continued to murmur. 

Youngjae stole a glance at his quiet bestfriend, who was usually way more talkative. Something must have kept him this quiet. He should probably say something to distract him from whatever had bothered him. Instead of reminding him of the news, he remarked, " How long are you going to keep her waiting? " 

Daehyun gave a double take at his best friend, sighed loudly when younger boy wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, " I don't know what you are talking about. " He does actually. They have been talking about it ever since JiYeon and him made up. The part in life when "Happily Ever After" sets in.  
Youngjae lightly punched his best friend, " Dudee... You have loved her for so long, and you still don't know? " 
Daehyun just pursed his lips and swallowed another mouthful of water. 
" I just.. I just.. " Daehyun's mouth opened and closed, and opened again. 
"Just what? " Youngjae grew impatient. 
Daehyun pondered... hard. How could he phrase it into words? 
"It's like, everyone is focusing on the wrong things in life. Right now it is not the time, I just need to-" 
"Then when is the time? " YoungJae cut Daehyun's words. 
Daehyun twist the bottle in his hands, and played a little as his fingers followed the curvature of the bottle. 
" I don't know.. " he replied in a soft voice. 
Daehyun closed his eyes, " She, she ... I can't even.. I don't even know if she ....aish! This whole journalist thing, she is so into her career and,... " 
" But so are you, " Youngjae added softly. 
" I know, but, ..." 
" Hyung, " Youngjae said firmly, and pulling his shoulders so his best friend would face him. " I, would be extremely proud, to have JiYeon as my sis-in-law. I, would be extremely happy if the both of you could finally say the vows and never leave each other again.. " Youngjae's face spell serious and yet sincere. 
Daehyun felt a smile grew. His heart, though, felt a tug of indifference. Something... Something... It's just not perfect. 

"Sometimes, don't think too much. Take a deep breath, take a leap, and take your chances. Both of you are meant to be. It will be harder for her and you if you both keeps doing this. " Youngjae gave a faint smile, stood up, left the seat and Daehyun was abandoned to be with his thoughts. 

It's so tiring to make a decision when there's so many things to consider.

Or simply, the question if it is the right time, if she still loves me?
 




JiYeon's POV

You found yourself in Starkim. For two reasons. 
One was to fill up your duties. 
The other was to set things right. 
Little did you know, things change and went way off course. 

"Excuse me, " You leaned over the counter to speak to the receptionist. You asked for granting your entrance in, and before you head up the elevator, you saw and heard something that was out of your imagination. 

You witness one men who you knew so well conversing with a men you just know of recently in a room with the door ajar. You were well hidden by those huge plants in the lobby that always seems to be there just because it brings the whole lobby alive, when it's really the opposite. You saw the man whom you know so well, distressed. And the men whom you just knew of being assertive. Honestly, you could barely hear what they said, it was just mumbles here and there. You wondered why they would be meeting. The older man raised his voice slightly, and you couldn't breathe. 

And after you had witnessed, you were struck in a dilemma, should you report it? That one line from his mouth lingered in your head,
" Remember, we said we will bring her down so we can get you up. Also, for that girl. " 

This is a conspiracy. Conspiracy between idols. 
One golden report. 
But should you? Guilty conscience strikes and you wondered if this news make you a bigshot journalist... 

"Excuse me Journalist Baek...?" And there you hurriedly left for your next scheduled interview, hoping you barely left a trace behind so you wouldn't be caught.. 

You left both men with the words that could save or harm you behind. 

 



From: My Busan Man
To: My JiYeonnie~
Hey baby, where are you? Do you want a lift? 



You smiled at the incoming text, and slipped your stuff into one hand, as you text with the other and walked down the stairs. 

From: My Jiyeonnie~
To: My Busan Man
You silly bunny, my car is with me. I don't need a lift. I just finished an interview, I will be heading my way to there now. Cya 



From: My Busan Man
To: My JiYeonnie~
Ayy, Ditch your car and hang out with me. ^u^ v



From: My Jiyeonnie~
To: My Busan Man
-_-


*zzt*
You couldn't reply any further as you got in your car but you got a peep at his message.

 From: My Busan Man
To: My JiYeonnie~
You are beautiful even when you make a face like that. Drive home safe. I can't wait to see you. I miss you 

 



You pressed a button, and your car is locked. You couldn't be bothered with being watchful anymore. You were tired. You just parked your car, and went in the building as if it was yours. You pursed your lips, gave a long sigh and pushed your way in. 

" Hey! Who are you? " a loud familiar piercing voice shot to you.  You ignored the call, and went further in the building. 
" Hey, who are you? " That girl tugged your hand too hard and you almost stumbled backwards. 

" It's you. " She narrowed her eyes. You rolled your eyes, " And it's you skipping schools again. " You remarked.
That girl frowned, displeased, " What are you doing here? " As tired as you were, you didn't want to act all nice when you're feeling least nice. So, you growled as you said, " The same reason you are here. "

" Really? " she asked in disbelief. 

"No. Can I go now? " You were not in the mood to be friendly. At All. 

" NO. You.. " 
"Unnie, just let her go. " You, curious, toss a look at the direction of the voice. It was that sasaeng that helped you. 
"She has the right. " She added, giving you a small smile. You make a mental note that you have to know this girl. 
You leaned in, and thanked that girl, before that, you asked, " What is your name, my dear? " 

She gave a small smile, and replied,  "Mangie. " 

"You know, " you stopped short in your tracks after she let you go, " One day, you'll realised that there's no purpose in doing what you doing. I am not here to trample your dreams, but I want you to know that every one deserved to be loved. Even your oppas. It doesn't matter if you know, but what's important is after knowing, what do you do? If you truly care for your oppas, you shouldn't be the one limiting their life, but instead support them. " 
You wait for the elevator doors to close, before you allowed yourself to exhale air. You didn't know you had been holdiing your breath

You can't stop them, but you can't join them. How do you end this? 

When the door open, you dragged your tired feets as you walked to BAP's dorm first. You'll meet up with Dae before meeting SECRET . You let out a small squeak when you felt hands covering your eyes. 
"Gues-" That voice already gave himself away 
"JUNG DAEHYUN. " You berated, immediately reaching for the pair of hands to pry it loose. 

That pair of hands fell slack and you turned around, prepared to scold him for doing this.
Listing possibilities of how dangerous it could be, and how you almost had an heart attack, and how you hated everytime he scared you like that. 

But, you saw it in his eyes. 
He only wanted to show that he missed you. 
That made you realised how many times, you had misunderstand his good intentions when emotions overtook you temporarily. You maybe tired, but that isn't a reason either. 

You your lips, and gave him a small peck. You wanted to make up to him. You didn't feel like saying much, because words can be useless to explain how bad you feel for neglecting him.. 
He was caught surprised, and especially astounded when your hand reached for his. 
"I miss you too, " You whispered to his ears when he was silent for way too long than you had wanted. You wanted him to know how sorry you felt. He smiled at your reply to his message. He chuckled before holding the back of your head firmly, pulling you in and gave you a proper and long kiss. It probably got too carried away, but Daehyun, aware of what he did, broke off the kiss and murmured, " This was how much I missed you. " You giggled and smacked him. You couldn't shrug off that small feeling of nostalgia, it had been so long since you both had been like this. He held your hand firmly, and told you to leave your things in their dorm before heading to SECRET's dorm. You agreed, and after so, you both head to SECRET's dorm. 


" And here comes the dramatic couple. " SunHwa commented with a smirk as she opened the door. You couldn't hide your smile. You didn't know SECRET very well, but they are aware of you and Daehyun's dramatic episodes. " And here's my gift for the soon-to-be Mummy, " You passed a basket of baby toys and clothes in hope that the conversation would divert the attention to HyoSong. But before that could happen, Daehyun pulled you and complained, " Why didn't you get that with me? " You were about to explain, but apparently everyone heard him, " Because you have to propose to her first! " Youngjae yelled. Your eyes widened, and you could feel that familiar warming of your cheeks as you know blushing of your cheeks proceed. "YAHH! " Daehyun scolded Youngjae. Everyone was bursting into laughters. 

You were just blushing hard. 
You couldn't help feeling a little hopeful and excited for the day Daehyun would propose to you 

The night went faster than you had expected. Hyosong's husband was a sweet and loving father. You could feel it. You couldn't help feeling a little jealous. No, envious. You wondered, if you could leave everything behind, leave all the expectations of a journalist, marry Daehyun, and live happily ever after. 
Like in perfect love stories. 

But imperfect stories are nice too aren't they? 


After the visit, you had managed to get the consent from Hyosong to reveal a little of her baby, and some short news. It was good enough. Daehyun was wrapped in scarves, hats and glasses. You, on the other hand, feeling a little too caged in to wrap yourself warm, was baring your neck, face and hand to the frost. Daehyun nagged, but you assured him you'll be fine. After leaving, you both decided to take a walk. He lead you to walk along the pavement beside the Han River. The night was dark, the stars were like little glitter that were fallen from the skies, and giving hope to the pitch black void. You smiled at the scene of the glowing moon shedding some light. You leaned against the metal railing, and felt Daehyun caging you, by holding your both hands, by each of his side. He leaned and rested his chin on your shoulder. He hummed a small tune, you know it was Youngjae's new song. You smiled, and closed your eyes. 
It was good to be relaxed, and not always on your toes around things. 

" I love you, " Daehyun whispered. "Me-" He cut your words, " I love you so so much. " He whispered a little louder. 
You turned around. The moonlight did him justice as it only highlight his perfection. You pecked his nose, giggled, whispered, " Me too. " 
" I love you way too much, " He chuckled and held the back of your hand ad gave it a long kiss. 

Under the moonlight, you smiled, and let him advance, as you both shared a kiss that was longed by you both but never had the courage to take the lead for the past week. 

It wasn't love that kept you both away, it was fear. 
Fear of doing it wrong.. Maybe, it would be easier if we were all fearless. 

"Ji Yeon, " he whispered, his eyes were getting nervous at his next line, " Will you.. " You shushed him with a finger on his lips. 

"No. " You replied softly. Unsure of what he will say, but no, if he wants you to marry him, No.  " Not yet. " 
"Not Yet. " you repeated yourself again. 
You thought of what had happened earlier today. You couldn't.. 


 


I know. An apology will be insufficient. I am of no position to spin excuse. Every month seems to be harder than the previous, and I just barely got off another difficult month. I had tried writing this chapter three times, but only today, I was pleased. I am trying to not be confusing, let me know if I had gotten you guys confused. I am praying hard, this upcoming month will be better than the previous few. Till then, Take care my lovelies. 
I'm sorry, but I can't tell you guys what had happened either :/ 
But, have faith, and smile :)