Chapter 52

The Heart Never Forgets

Daehyun's POV

" I think... " She gave a gulp and closed her eyes, " We should give each other some distance. " 




no.. 

no.. this.. this isn't happening again. 

wait.. stop..


JiYeon's POV

My heart wrenched, it wasn't that wrenched when I prepared the surprise for him seven years back, it wasn't that wrenching when we went through all that. It was that feeling where you feel a sudden isolation, as if you're letting your child into the real world, there's nothing you can do anymore, there's nothing you could love anymore. It isn't because you are not loving him anymore, rather, it's the opposite. You love him too much to let him go. But what you have learnt today, was the root of your decision. You wouldn't deny that those words, those words of "Illusional Breaking Up" slipped out unknowingly. You would have been scolded for giving up too easily. But if he knew.. If only he knew why.. He would understand. Maybe, Maybe when he knows, he would still have scolded me, telling me I shouldn't have left. I should have fight on, I should have stayed on. But I knew this. I knew this too well. I may only enter this industry for two years, that doesn't mean I'm oblivion to anything that has happened. And besides, you're still working in this industry, you'll see him. You will see him, you reassured yourself. That's more important because now you will protect him, protect him from afar. You rationalised with yourself after having your eyes shut, and when you fearfully opened them again, your heart broke. That face of horror pasted on your love's face was traumatising. He slowly tread backwards, pinching the bridge of his nose, shaking his head ever so slightly as if he was comforting himself that the reality won't be this, it isn't what he had feared. His heavy breaths shook your pulse, you were breaking from the inside. 
"Sorry.. " You whispered and bit your lips almost immediately. That word clung onto every cells in you, plagued with remorse and apologies. 
"It's for the best.. " You held back your tears. 

And then he left, he ran off in the opposite direction with his sounds of his sobbing trembled your veins. 

And you stood there, witness the flying of two tickets. The tickets swirled and spinned, and landed right before your eyes. Two air tickets to Australia. 
Your heart broke, and your legs smashed to the grounds, leaving you rooted to the cold concrete floor, crying your heart out. Crying out of love, Crying out of fear.

Daehyun's POV

I don't know. 
I don't understand. 


" I think...  We should give each other some distance. " 
"I think... " 
"..each other some distance... " 
"We..."
"We should give each other some distance.. " 
" I'm sorry Dae... "
"I just... "

"  You said you wanted to be a singer, I would be a journalist. 
                    I would protect you from pesky news, and you would always sing to me... 
                    That dream we had. 

I don't know. 
I don't understand. 

 

I found myself nowhere. To be honest, I'm lost. 
I thought everything was fine. How did this happened? We made up, we did stuff together. Even YoungJae say time is right for me to propose. 
WHAT IS THERE TO WAIT? Why .. Why do we need to distance ourselves??
What did I do wrong?? 

I swallowed my saliva thickly, I am in such a pain, so much heart pain I cannot even comprehend or express this agony. You just feel your heart in flames, and with every shatter, your bones break, your chest constrict. Your head is in a whooze, and all I can think of is you. Just you Baek Ji Yeon. 
God.. I love you so much. But why? Why is it so hard to love you? 

Something is wrong, I just.. There must be something that made her this way. I can feel it through her eyes, she still loves me. Something is holding her back. 
I gulped and let that drink seared through my throat. 

" I am an idol and I have my responsibility, " my mind chanted, " I am an idol and I have my responsibility. " 
I gulped, and pour another cup of drink. 

"I don't know. 
I don't understand. "

" I think...  We should give each other some distance. " 
"I think... " 
"..each other some distance... " 
" I am an idol and I have my responsibility, " my mind chanted, " I am an idol and I have my responsibility. " 

" But, Jiyeon, " my eyes scruntinised the dart board that was right in front of me, with my vision focused on the bullseye, I spoke the next few words with such anger and threat, " I will never let you go. " I gulped down yet another cup, " Never. " 


Author's POV

With the both of them crying their nights out, they each decided to take on their fate differently. With Daehyun oblivious to the truth, he was plotting and he was analysing. He was certain that JiYeon loved him, and she still does. He wondered if she was threatened. She mumbled something about HimChan, maybe he knows. Wih that, despite being drunk, he grabbed his coat and headed straight to the dorms. When he has reached, he pounded HimChan's door opened and dragged him out. The rest of the members, except for JongUp and Zelo were awakened by the loud sounds. Especially YongGuk was alarmed at Daehyun's sudden disrespect towards HimChan. He smelt alcohol and reckoned it was probably under the influence, but the next words of Daehyun proved him wrong. 

" You... " his fingers that was put out in the air shook a little as he tried to steadied his steps. 
" You.. are planning to break us up right? " 
Daehyun maybe swaying under the influence of alcohol, but his eyes didn't once flicker or showed any signs of unconciousness. He was fully aware of what he's doing. 

YongGuk frowned in disbelief, Daehyun might joke around at times, he wasn't one to take alcohol and vent his anger on his hyungs. Yongguk turned to look at HimChan, if he was a second later, he would have missed that flash of panic in HimChan's eyes.