Chapter 10: Mission #1

The Heart Never Forgets

 

"First Mission, " you mumbled to yourself.

You stood in front of their dorm's door.
Your finger was in mid-air, just a few inches before pressing the door bell.
Your stomach turned and flipped, your heart pounded causing your blood to follow the rhythm as if the ground shook with you.

"Aish, why are you nervous, you are meeting your boyfriend! " you scolded yourself.

You took a deep breath as your mind ran through the things to prepare yourself.

" Baek Ji Yeon, You promised, you'll be nice. You'll be happy. You'll not show a hint of anything. If you love him, you should do this. " you harshly reminded yourself.

*Dinggg~~Dong~~*

You heard shuffling feets and groans..

"Aish, Nuguseyo(Who's there).?? " a sleepy Zelo rubbing his eyes greeted you.

You chuckled, "Noona ya~"

"Oh! NOONA! "

Zelo is like a recharged bunny excitedly grabbed you for a BIG HUG!

You couldn't help but giggled at his big reaction. He really adores you.

But, your heart feels bitter... 
"I'm sorry Zelo-ah," you mumbled

"Uh?"

"Nothing, " you beamed.

"Noona, Hyung is still sleeping. We don't have schedules today so we are sleeping in today... "

"Yup! I know, I called your manager hyung just now,.. Go back and sleep, Noona shall wake you up later..."

The big Zelo-bot hurried to his room to embrace his bed once again. 
You chuckled. A bitter chuckle.

You took the kitchen apron and set up the newly bought ingredients. 
You slowly cut the vegetables, ... "This will be the last time,... "you mumbled again..

You shook your head, trying to shake these thoughts out. "NO! I must think of happy thoughts, that way, the food will taste good.."

You thought of those beautiful memories with them in the past....

"Noona! "
All seven of you were walking back to YongGuk's house, one day after school. Those were the times before they become trainees, but they often hang out at YongGuk's huge house.

"Yes?"

"Can I taste your cooking?"

You gasped, you... "Uh.. Zelo-ah.. "

"I always read from mangas that Girls cook really well... NOONA, Don't be selfish, I wanna eat your cooking"

You pushed your head down, embarrassed. "Noona, don't know how to cook... "

You heard a burst of laughters, and warm hand ruffled your hair.

"Aish, you're such a princess! How can you don't know how to cook? " HimChan nagged jokingly.

"Aish, who says girls must know how to cook?" you grumbled.

"Me!" A grinning Daehyun poked you.

"Me!" "Me!" "Me!" "Me!" "Me!" 
All five cheekily replied your question.

"Aish, okay.. Fine. I'll learn how to cook... " you folded your arms angrily..

The rest just laughed as they carried on walking and chatting other stuff.

Daehyun walked over and poked you, "Aigoo.. My princess is angry?" you could feel him smirking even though you're not facing him.

"Hmph! I think boys should learn to cook tooo! " you stuck your nose childishly in the air.

"Aish,  baby girl, we are joking... "

"No... I meant, let's have a competition. Let's see who learns to cook better" you faced him, showing off that competitive spirit sparkling in your eyes.

Daehyun grabbed his tummy and laughed.

"Aigoo... Arasso Arasso. It's a deal then! Call~"

"Mmm!! " you nodded happily.

That night, you bugged your mum to teach you to cook. You were ambitious and wanted to learn every korean food!

"Aigoo, honey, just learn something simple first? "

"No! I must win Daehyun! "

"Aish, alrights, how about you learn how to make a full meal? "

"What shall we learn? "

"Rice, with egg rolls, kimchi stew"

"Eish... So weak. No! Anymore? "

"Aigoo.. Or you learn to make cheesecake too? I think you should learn slowly.. "

That night you stood rooted close to the kitchen stove with your mum guiding you with every step. From cutting to rolling to frying to tasting..

You spent the next few nights perfecting your skills. Being naturally competitive, you easily grasped the cooking skills with a couple of practice.

One week later, "Daedae! Let's compete! After school let's go yongguk oppa's house to cook! "

"Aish, my baby girl.. I haven't learnt well.. "

You snickered, "Too badddd" you stuck out your tongue.

He pouted sadly while tugging your sleeves.

"Alrights, let's compete in three days time then! "

He beamed, " I'll beat you for sure! Bye dae loser~~" you rubbed it in his face before running off.

You turned around to admire his shocked expression turned into a smirk, "Eish! You naughty girl! Come here!!"

You ran away laughing, it wasn't before long he caught you by your waist, releasing a shock scream out your mouth.

"Caught you! " he smirked again. 
You really love his smirking face.

You faked a scared face, "Oh boy.. I am so scared"

"You're not scared, aren't you? Come, I shall punish you! " He raised his fingers, you squinted your eyes shut and stiffened your body.

You were expecting his finger to tickle you as a punishment. Instead, his warm lips landed on yours.. 
You opened your eyes in surprise. 
"Aish, my baby girl so cute"

You melted at his words. But you pretend you didn't and tried to escape.

He hold on you even more firmly, and cupped your face to lean in for a deeper kiss. 
Oh, you love this boy.

You chuckled at these memories. Your eyes finally found their vision after stoning out. You were facing the steaming rice cooker. You turned off the switch and prepared to set up the tables. 
You were washing the utensils when familar hands grabbed your waist. 
You flinched a little, but was comforted at the thought of the owner of those hands. 
You grinned, you could feel him grinning too. He placed his chin on your shoulder.

"Jaki~~"

"Good Morning~"

"It smells good."
You grinned and turned yourself around such that both of your faces were inches away.

"Ofcourse, I won the competition, remember?" you smirked, while thinking back.

"Hey, it was.. Because I let you win!"

You stuck your tongue out, "Tooo Baddddddd"

"Eish, my naughty baby girl. I should punish you. "

You panicked, and turned your head aside, thinking he may want to kiss you.

If he kiss you, you can't take it. 


In the end, your thoughts were broken and made you face with a struggle of getting away from fits of tickling sensation that causes you to squirm in all weird positions..

"Ahhgfgghhhh! Daehyun!!" you tried to swat his hands away. 
But he was stronger, obviously.

 

After that torturing moment he stopped and faced you, you angrily glared at him.

"Yah, Jung Daehyun! That was...aaafff..."
He kiss you to cut your words. 
You were shocked at his attempt. 
You remembered, a few years back when both of you were dating,
You told him how you like him to kiss you while you were talking, you thought it was cute. 

And now, it happened. 
You finally kissed him back and could feel him smiling between kisses.

Your heart, was a like an ice melting. This boy, you love him so so so much. 
You were enjoying the kiss so much, t

 

Then guilt hits you as you were reminded with why you were here.
You abruptedly ended the kiss, he gave you a shocked face.

You tried to explain your way out, "I am still mad at your punishment! " you feigned an angry look, "No kissing for naughty boy"

He pouted.

You shook free from his grip to set the washed utensils.

He tried grabbing you back again, you ignored them, and instead mumbled, "Can you wake them up for breakfast? If not it'll be cold. " not facing him.

You could feel his reluctance as he dragged his feet across the wooden floorboard to every room. 
You could hear his attempts to wake the members up. 
You heard a pillow thud, and an angry yell from YoungJae "YAH! JUNGDAEHYUN"

You chuckled. Your boyfriend was normally the last to be awake. It was surprising he would be the first today. Perhaps because he smelled food.

You smiled as you approached the photos displayed around their dorms, recollecting every memory. 
This would probably be the last visit. 
You giggled at every funny memory with the boys. The first time when they watched a horror movie with you and instead HimChan and Daehyun was more afraid than anyone. What makes the situation funnier was that they purposely insisted to make you watch because they know you'll be afraid. They wanted to tease you. Ended up, a reversal situation happened. 
You ended the memory with the frighten faces they had, causing you to burst out laughing.

"Ji...Yeon?"

You turned to find six boys staring at you as if you had gone mad.

"UH.. I was.. Urms.. You know.. Just.. Thinking.. Ah.. Neverminds" you shook your head heading back to the table. You were instead embraced by six boys!

"Group Huggggggg! " HimChan yelled, slower by a beat

"TO CELEBRATE THE RETURN OF NOONA" yelled the two maknaes.

Your heart burnt with guilt.

 


Wah... I feel uncomfortable writing this. It is like a story that ought to be happy as she hangs out with them.. 
But.. readers, don't lose hope. :) 
I added a lot of fluff as a treat for the last few sad and painful chapters..
teehees :)