Chapter 47.

The Heart Never Forgets

Daehyun's POV. 

Daehyun stirred,  groaned a little, and went back to sleep. He lazily sprawled his hands to the side, reaching till the edge, thinking you might be there. 
Hmm... why is it empty? 


"Yeonnn? " he called out lazily. 
" Baby? " 

He groaned, still too tired to open his eyelids. 
He would love to head back to sleep, but he was getting concerned that you're not beside him. 
He patted around his bed. 

"Yeon? " he rubbed his eyes and flicked the light switch on. 
You're really not here. 
He slipped on the bedroom slippers, giving a huge yawn before opening the doors and heading out. 
" Yeon?? " He called out again. 

He check the toilets, and kitchen, even check through some doors, which, he dreadfully regretted. 
Still... he was getting worried. 
His bedroom slipper made noises as he paced his way back to his room, drats. 
He didn't charge his phone. 

Hmm, he saw a phone lying on the table. Well, the others might not mind... he gave a lazy smirk, unless it was some lovey dovey messages, He could play some tricks like he always did. There was one time he just scared Carmin by using Yongguk's phone. Or how about that time when he took YoungJae's phone and teased Meli. He chuckled. He should try to get back at EunMi and HyeRim, he thought as an evil smirk spread. But for today, he'll spare the phone, he only took it to borrow and call you. 


He pressed the call button. 
With blurred vision, he dialed the number he has memorised by heart. He seriously sat there for a long time after getting your number and memorised your number by heart. 
He's a BJY after all 
He gave a silly chuckle. What a silly name.. 
Or is it, he was so groggy, he was so sure that cheesecake would sound funny right now. 
He dialed your number, and apparently the house didn't had your familiar ringtone ringing. 
It only meant you're not here. 


Did you head back home? Why? Hmm... 
He was pretty awake from all the searching. He tends to sleep lesser when you're around. Not that he minded. He love you too much to be sleeping. He gave a grin at the thought of you. Partly, because he couldn't believe that horrible two years had passed. 
And mostly, because he knows he can love you better now. He decided to give a shot to check out if you're safely at home. He was not possessive neither is he demanding, but he wants you to be safe. He grabbed the cup of coffee, slurped it down careful to not burn himself, grabbed his car keys, jacket, wallet, and his phone with a flat battery. 





JiYeon's POV. 


"Yeon... " you heard Daehyun's voice. 

" THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! HOW CAN YOU FAIL THIS ASSIGNMENT?! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE CRITICAL SITUATION YOU HAVE PUT US INTO YOU, OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF GETTING THIS REPORT! "
Mr Rodgers had never yelled at you before. 

" Ewwwww... " she pinched her nose giving you a glare. " What did my oppa see in her seriously? " 
"Yeah, " another chimed in giving you a digusted look, " She's so ugly and stupid. " 
" Oh my, look at how she dressed! She could get jailed for what's she's wearing. " 
" Do you think she's fake? " 
" TOTALLY. EVERY PART of her face must be fake. " 
" Ughs, fake. " 
" Ohmygosh, I'm so much better for Oppa than her. " 
" Like look at her, " 

You were turned around on a platform.
Thousand of fans dissing. 
Thousands of fans you've heard. 
You were like placed on a display. 
Ready, for people to criticse. 

" She's not good enough for Dae. " 




You felt a tear rolled down, even though your eyelids were closed. 

"Sorry..." you spoke out. 

Yongguk rolled his tongue inside his cheeks, walking away fuming. 
Youngjae gave a deep sigh and frowned at you, before turning his heels, back facing you and pacing off.  
Zelo just took his skateboard, glared at you, " Thanks, a lot, Noona. " he spat out sacarstically, before rolling the skatebard away. 
And Jongup, you've never seen him mad. 
But he's silent right now, also leaving you. 
And you... you just felt everything was your fault. 


" Daehyun.. " You begged, " Please don't leave too. Please.." 


Even your Daehyun looked away from you, " You said you could save it. " he glared at you. 
"  I know, I know, I did, but... but... " you felt your throat getting clogged up from the emotions. 
" Sorry... Sorry Daehyun.. Sorry.. " you apologised profusely, holding on to his hand. 

He just swung his hand to shake your grip off. 
" I, " he pointed a finger in your face, " Never, " he growled, " want to see you again. " 

"What? No.. Daehyun, Baby,... please,.. come back. " 

" Thanks for destroying my dream. " 
And he left. 





You shot opened your eyes and couldn't stop crying.
You fisted the bedsheets, and sobbed. 
You closed your eyes in pain, and felt the tears seeping through the slit of your eyes, dropping straight down and wetting your blankets. 
"Hey... " You heard Daehyun's voice. 
You looked around your room. 
Empty. Just like you. 
It can't be. This dream can't be realised. 
It's all in your mind. Is it? 





Daehyun's POV 

Daehyun swerved his car around your apartment. It was close, it was nearby, but he didn't managed to. 
He was about to get out of the car, when a reporter approached him. 
"Hey hey, aren't you B.A.P's Daehyun? Why are you doing here? Meeting someone? Don't you have schedules? A busy man like you would have many important things to attend right? How would you have time to be here around the neighbourhood? " That reporter gave a coy smile. 
Daehyun knows its red light. As much as he's worried for you, he can't possibly meet you right now. 
Daehyun smiled, " I was driving around, you know I was thinking about the increase in car accidents on road these days. Everyone is so busy these days, and one could easily lose focus on the important things and lead to car accident. Time is not on everyone's favour, but someone has to show concern don't they? I mean, news like these, are very important. They are not reached out mcuh to the public, don't they? Road Safety? So don't worry about me , Reporter, have a safe ride. " 

And with that Daehyun smirked and slid back into his car smoothly, revved up his engine and sped away. 

He glanced at the rear mirror to give that reporter a look of annoyance, his heart ached that he can only be held apart from you like this. 
But its for everyone's good. 
He'll get to see you soon, since you've known their secret place. 



JiYeon's POV

You stared into spaces for a while you got tired from crying. 
That dream still had left over fears in you. 
Your heartbeats had slowed down, but you're still having shocks from that dream. 
Dae... wouldn't leave you right? 
Mr Rodgers won't do anything right? 
You have to be strong. 
Remember Baek Ji Yeon, you're not here to wait for people to accept you. 
You don't need people to accept you. 
But you know that you have to fight to be with him. 
You just got to think of a good way out. 

You gave a sigh, before pushing yourself up. You switched on your TV to create some noise. Silence is when your thoughts are the loudest, a good distraction right now would be whatever that's on the TV. You dragged your feets to the kitchen and made some cereal. Daehyun would be nagging at you if you didn't eat. Even though right now, the last thing... okay, may be second last thing on your mind is food. And, yes Daehyun, now that you've thought of him, you've promised to be back, but you've fell asleep after doing some work. 
Now, you glanced at the clock on your wall,  he would probably be one the way to practice. You could leave a message, but ... you didn't have the energy to meet, hear, or talk to him right now. At least, the dream has left you paralysed in that illlusional fear. You didn't want him to say anything possibly similar to what you've dreamt. 

You chewed on your cereals, and poked it occasionally, you held the food in your mouth and chewed softly and slowly, what would be a good way?

The change of scenes on the TV distracted your thoughts. As you watched on... an idea sprang into your mind. 


You immediately ran to your room, grabbed and started up your laptop on the sofa and sent an overdue long email to Mr Rodgers. 

Immediately after, you followed up with what you had left off last night. 
You searched through your database for the person by the name of Byul. 
If he was a reporter, he would be in a list, unless he was a rookie that just entered. 
Either so, what kind of grudges will he have against you? 

You gave a sigh when no results appeared. 
Just your luck. 


You took out your planner and started planning for the next few weeks. 
You have a lot to do. 
Tons to do. 
This idea would probably pull off, but... it would be tough. 

B.A.P's comeback will end in two weeks, you stared at your calender. 
Two weeks. 
Same for you. You'll aim to finish and get this worry off your chest by two weeks. 


You left notes scribbled on your paper before you went to do some research for the following interviews. 




To: [email protected]
From : [email protected]
RE: Fwd: RE: Queries

Thank you. 
In regards to KPOP group B.A.P's YoungJae dating news. 
I have contacted the company and confirmed with TS Entertainment that the news is false. 
In consideration of the need to work with them in the future, I have decided to not pursue this news further and harm the working relationship with TS Entertainment. 
If TS Entertainment's reply is true, it could be why there are no reports from other reporters. 
In Addition, B.A.P's Youngjae will be going solo in coming month, a
s such, I would suggest to drop this news. 

Please advise me. 

In view of the loss of this valuable news, may I suggest to work out a new section on the KPOP coverage in Auznews. 
It will still be part of my scope, but a new addition of section. This section would be written similar to the famous Variety Show's Weekly Idol, and yet also allow the fans  to have the opportunity to send in questions that they wish to know. 

In Weekly Idol, the fans get to call in and have their calls be played in the filiming of the shows and the idols will reponse accordingly. 
Weekly Idol has a long term establishment in MBC and has proved its popularity among fans. 
This section is new and has yet to be tried out anywhere, perhaps the addition of this section can not only increase our sales locally but abroad as well. 
In the digital age, polling features could be added to our website in aid for this section. 
If you approve, I will send in a full report of how the section will work, and a couple of sample questions that could kick start this section. 
If you could keep me in the loop with the publishing and publicity team as we work out on how to get fans to give us questions. 
We could also discuss with the Legal Department to clarify the needs of copyright issues,
any amendments could be made upon their disapproval. 

In the coming month, these will be the groups that will be having a comeback ( A total of 25) .

Male : BTS, BTOB, BLOCK B, Wonder Boyz, Boys Republic, INFINITE H, ToppDog, Vixx, Got 7, JJCC, B2ST,  SUPERJUNIOR, C-Clown, U-KISS , SHINee , LED APPLE. 

Female: Girls' Day, APINK, NINE MUSES, Kiss and Cry, Rania, D-Unit, Jewelry, Miss A, Rainbow, Akdong Musician, 

For Solos ( A total of 27 ) , 
Male: Whee Sung, Bobby Kim, Kim Hyun Joong,  Eddy Kim, INFINITE's Woohyun, B.A.P'sYoungJae, Heo Young Saeng, Dongha, Park Jung Min, Kim Hyung Jun

Female: YounHa, G.NA, NS Yoon Ji, Kan Mi Yeon, Gummy, Ali, Sonya, Kim Bo Hyung, Ailee, SISTAR's Soyu, SECRET's Hana, 2NE1's Minzy, F(x)'s Krystal, Lee Hi, Baby Soul, IU, BoA

 I will contact the company accordingly hopefully we could get an interview with all of them. 

In the coming week, I will work on several new news that has been around. 
F(x)'s Victoria's Pregnancy news together with Spica's BoHyung, SECRET's HyoSung.  
SISTAR's Bora's Wedding, alongside with APINK's Chorong, and SNSD's Tiffany and Taeyeon. 
Infinite's soon-to-be-released New Movie. 

BTS and Vixx kickstart their world tour. 
TeenTop's bought new shares and their expansion of company to involve more industry. 
BLOCK B's Zico permanently a producer, producing albums for rookie groups in their company. 
B1A4's JinYoung involvement in songwriting for various groups. 

Wonder Girl's SunYe volunteering.  

 

And, the latest big discussion, If Artists should be given a voice to decide their style. 

There have been several scandals ongoing, it is attached with the mail and please advise me if I should pursue them. 

Thankyou,

JiYeon. 


====================

 

To: [email protected]
From : [email protected]
RE: Fwd: RE: Queries

Hi JiYeon, 
I will take your suggestion and let's leave this news. It would be better if we're on good terms with TS Entertainment. 

Your suggestion on the new section is good. Please send me a report whenever you're done. 
Go ahead with all the news, and keep me updated. 
However, I think it would be a bit impossible for you to finish that many interviews, keep it at a comfortable for yourself, we can't have you down.
We only have one KPOP reporter. :) 
Besides, we only feature certain news anyways due to space constraints. As you've mentioned before, most comebacks shouldn't be too short, so you don't have to insist on every coverage. I would reccomend about four interviews per week, and other relevant news. 

I will take your suggestion and discuss with Legal Department, and Publicity and Publishing Department. 
You will be kept informed. 

I've read through the scandals, you can have the option to pursue them. I would think its not nexcessary, you don't have sufficient manpower anyways. 
We will work that out in the future. 

Thank You. 

 


====================



Busy. 

You were so busy. 
Busy wasn't a good enough word. It was crazy to offer yourself to take on that many interviews plus new sections. And all those big news. 
It wasn't easy to contact the company since many other agency are fighting to get exclusive news. 
And, you were just a single person. 
Not to mentioned, you may have a reputable position back in Australia, in Korea, you're just a rookie reporter.  
But for Daehyun. For B.A.P. 
You gritted your teeth and pull through fatigue, and all possible challenges. 

It was the real world after all, honestly, you didn't expect nice people to be everywhere. You could hope, but people are humans, self centered. And it wasn't as if you were wrong to be staying there in front of the company from 5am. You had sent in three emails, and they gave you misleading replies.. And in the end, only that reputable reporter gets first hand news, and you were left to wait there for another hour. And, you have snobby reporters who peeped on your questions and got the answers before you. Not to mention that you've spent three agonising hour researching and crafting. You were new to everything, there were so many groups and so many things to learn. You felt a little alone at times, there were tons of moments you just want to call Daehyun. 
But you're not weak, you told yourself. Daehyun has his career to focus, you can't depend on him. 
And so, you still go through all that annoying moments that tests your limits, with a smile. 

Speaking of which, you didn't bothered asking B.A.P how they are, because you thought the sight of you would remind them of the reality.. You only texted Daehyun and YongGuk with what you've done and how you've settled. YongGuk send a thanks, and following everyone else thanked you. Except HimChan of course. 

And Daehyun, he has called you whenever he can, or leave messages whenever he could. You would miss them, not deliberately. Just, you've been busy. 

You were trying to build a reputable status that would make you outstanding and undeniably strong. 
Even if news of you and Daehyun leaked, you would be able to cover up. 
If not, better, gain support from everyone. 
You still work within your means of being truthful, and of course, create amicable relationship among companies. 
This grant you exclusive entrance to leaks of their comebacks or anything really. 
 


This .. is this what you wanted? 

 


====================



It was a long week. But you've replied to some of Daehyun messages, most with a smile.


From: My Busan Man
Yeonnie? Have you eaten? Don't skip meals please. 
You didn't say goodbye before you left :( 
I have practice today, and filming till 12, I guess I won't see you today. 
Take care, and I love you. 


To: My Busan Man
Yessssss! You old naggy man! 
How about you? Please eat okay, just forget all about diet and have a good breakfast at least. 
I'm sorry, I needed my computer, and I fell asleep before I could text you. 
Oh dear, please take care. Love you too my busan man. 



From: My Busan Man
I've eaten. Ahh Ahh, my adorable Yeon.
Don't worry. Busan man? 
ㅋㅋ You've not used that for a long time.. 
Baby, I miss you. 
Did you miss me? 
ㅋㅋ


You fell asleep half way working through your research. By the time you could reply, you figure he would be out. 
So you just send, 

To: My Busan Man
Uhuhu, I fell asleep. 
Ofcourse. 
Now, have an awesome day. 
사랑해



From: My Busan Man
ㅋㅋ... I wish I can meet you soo. 
 


From: My Busan Man
How's work? Sleep early okay. 
사랑해

 

From: My Busan Man
WE WON TODAY! BABY DID YOU SEE!!??!!!?


To: My Busan Man
OMO! My Six bunnies are the best! 
Congrats! 



====================



You saw Daehyun occasionally during the weeks, he found you in a room, with the door opened. 
He just happened to walk by. 
You were laughing with Vixx. Not really really happy, but especially Ken, he's good at making the mood funny.
You really ought to be more serious and have proper interviews.  
You sat at a position where you faced the door, only N saw that glint of... was it fear, or was it shock, you didn't know. 
You just don't know why you felt that way with Daehyun. 
Maybe it was still that dream. 

The thing is, you're fighting to be with him. 
Yet you can't face him. 

Only through phones, and thoughts. 

You had fears, what if such news happen again? 



You finally ended with Vixx, and Daehyun immediately took you by your hand and  pulled you to a corner. 
" Yeon? " 

That hurt you. 
That name. 
It... was something you've missed so so much. 
You swallowed back your tears and emotions,  and looked up at him with a smile, " Yeah? " 

" Are you avo-.... " 

He didn't finished, because someone walked by, and he let go of your hand immediately. 
Pretended to keep a distance and talk business with you. 
It's the same for him too, you thought.  

You sighed , before he could reply, " I'm busy, really. " 

" So am I," Daehyun said softly. 
" But.. I miss you. " 


You lowered your head, silence consumed the remaining time.


" ..." He wanted to say something but he couldn't speak those words. 

" Tonight ? " You offered. 
" 1004, I'll be there. " 


He finally smiled. 
A smile that you've missed. 
So so so much. 

Since he had a bigger frame than you, he actually hide you pretty well, he shyly took your hand that was dangling in front of you, and gently draw small circles on the back of your hand with his thumb. He played with your fingers, as if he trying to stretch the time that both of you have together now. 
You kept a shy smile, this Busan Wonbin. 


He smiled, and his cheekbones lifted and let his eyesmile appear. 
You were mesmerised. 

" I love you, " He mouthed. 
Not speaking a word. 
But his eyes said the same thing. 

Even walls have ears, your mind chimed. 

You smiled, and squeezed his hand, " Tonight. I promise. " 

And with that, you went to the next room, to interview BTS.
You stood before the door, and before you knocked, you glanced back at Daehyun who was still staring you. 
After all these years, both of you still can read each other's eyes. 
His eyes spelt sadness, but he gave you a smile, and held a fist and mouthed, " FIghting " 
You giggled, and followed him, before knocking and entering the room. 


" Fighting. " Last words indeed. 




Because by the time you've got home, to 1004, it was already 1am. 
It was a tough day. Rookie groups were absolutely disrespectful to you just because you're not some famous reporters. 
And you forgot about the rookie groups, so you had to do a whole lot more. 
You didn't had time to eat, and when your gastric start working up, you just clutched your stomach and gulped down the pills with the helpof water. And when it was 1am, only YongGuk was awake. 
He was on the couch with Carmin, who has fallen asleep while watching War shows with him. 
He smiled, and mouthed, " Eaten? " 
You nodded, He gave you a gummy smile. 
" Dae, " he mouthed, " Slept. " 
You smiled and nodded. 
After shower, YongGuk and Carmin left the couch. 
You set up your laptop and saved all the recordings. 
And when you're done and ready to head to bed with Daehyun, you fell asleep almost immediately on the table. 


When you woke up, he was gone, but you were on his bed. 
You sighed. 
For Daehyun, you chanted, as you left 1004, and head for the next interview. 





 



It has been a long month. A whole month since I've updated. Don't worry, I'm still here and alive. 
Just, it has been one horrible month, you have no idea. There were so many times I just wanna toss things away and move to somewhere new and start afresh or something. You know, and I've tried to write this chapter for five times throughout the course of that one month. 
Nothing came to me. So, I finally had the inspiration. I will try and finish do another chapter up. 
To make it up for you guys :) 
Thankyou for the support still, it was so nice to have subscribers coming onboard even though I didn't update. 
And that whole bunch of you who always leaves comments for this fic. 
I am working on the plot, and rewriting in process to make the ending good:) 
(Yes, it will end soon. ) 


I'm gonna try and write the next chapter. 
And, Love you guys :) 
Please always smile, and stay healthy :)