Chapter 48.

The Heart Never Forgets

Daehyun's POV


Why is she doing this?

It didn't make sense. 
She.. couldn't be avoiding me right? 
I mean, at least she came home last night. 
But it was so late, and she ought to be careful. 
I shouldn't have fallen asleep before she's back, but it was a long day.
I didn't even slept much the day before, or on the van. 

Our van rolled up to the next filming site 
Let's go. 



JiYeon's POV

Ughs, Why do they always get priority?!
You were ambitious in doing many interviews, but guess what, they only let major agency do interviews. 
What can you do? 

You frowned at the reporter who gave you a smug look before entering the room. 
Another news gone. 
Arghs. 

You left the building and decided to find rookie groups. Maybe you'll have a better shot. 
You groaned at the blank document before you. 
You had tried so hard to have interview with Block B. 
You were just not big shot enough. 
You rolled your head back and mentally counted the number of possible interviews you could snatch today. 
It was difficult to grab since you couldn't get a reply from Companies. 
You got it, Idols are busy. But... But... 
You groaned, and ruffled your hair in frustration. 
You strutted your way back to your car, and drove to a filming site. Try your luck. 


====================

 

JiYeon's POV

"Excuse Me? Could I -" 
" Urms, " The leader, you remembered, " Who are you? " 
" Oh, I'm Journalist Baek,... " 
" Urms, we're not suppose to be talking to Strangers, now leave. " The youngest probably, interrupted you. 
And Ouch, that probably meant you're not famous enough. 
Wow. 
" Look, LEAVE. " the other one snapped before smacking your hand away. 


You were in a daze. How... can that just happen? Who do they think they are? 

=====

"Excuse me? " You chased after another group. 

" Could I.. - "
She pushed you away. 
You stumbled a few steps, and suddenly you heard his voice. 

" Why if it isn't Journalist Baek, " he bowed at you. 
You didn't understand. 
You couldn't speak a word. 

"I'm so happy to meet you, Thank you for the interview the other time. You have written so well.. " 

Your mind couldn't grasp the situation. 
But you could see the rookie groups immediately had a change of face. 
They gave you less of a fearful eyes, and more of a who-is-she look, or she-must-be-something-for-a-busy-idol-to-say-that look. 

The leader suddenly came to you with all grace and poise, " Sorry about that Journalist Baek, we're in a hurry for our next schedule. If we could, can we have your name card. I will have our manager to contact you. " 

And the next few moments went by too fast. So, you passed her your namecard and they left, and you looked back at Daehyun. 


Wait... 
It wasn't Daehyun. 

He had the same hair colour as Daehyun. 
But Daehyun didn't have dimples. 


"... " You looked at him quizzically. 
You pointed a finger at him, " You are...? " 

" Han Byul from LED APPLE. " He smiled, and put his hand out. 

You gingerly shook hands with him,  " You... know me? " 
That was unprofessional of you. But you just blurt it out. 

He chuckled, " Who doesn't? " 

It didn't register in your head. 
That this person knows you, when other people avoid your interview requests, or rookie groups shrugging you off. 
" Let's go somewhere else. " 
Then it hit you, " Wait, sorry, I have to go somehwere else. " 
His smile faded, " Let's go. " 
"Please, " His smile returned.. 
"I don't want you to face those situations again, " he spun a tale. 

And there, he dragged you away by hand. 



Daehyun's POV
Oh boy, that was wild. My throat hurts now, I should grab some tea. 


"Excuse me? "
Eh? JiYeonnie? 
I turned around immediately at the hearing of her voice, and saw her chasing after a group of girls, with a pen, paper and a recorder.
Uhh... Rookie probably. I looked at them with raise eyebrows.. why aren't they responding to my Yeon?! 
But... Yeon. She looks so tired. I haven't seen her in a while. 
Sighs. 

" Could I.. - " she caught up and asked one of the girl, who seemed to be the leader. 
She pushed her away. 

Whoa whoa whoa, what did she just do? 
I clenched my fist. 
She stumbled a few steps, and I was so prepared to run forward when someone approached her instead. 


" Han Byul,.... " I growled. 

Then, I watched the whole scene played before my eyes, he did the right thing though. 
It would give Yeon some respect from Rookie groups. Since when are they so rude?
I didn't know JiYeon had to suffer such humiliation. I thought she did well and had a reputable status? 
Why must JiYeon do all these? 
Was she busy with all these? 
Was... Was this how she divert the dating news away ? 
My heart ached, and my jaw tightened. 
I gulped, and I remembered about my sore throat. 

Then what broke my trance was how he gripped JiYeon by the hand , and pulled her away. 

That's it. 




I went forward, and held him by the shoulders. 

Only when Han Byul looked at me in the eye, I froze. 
What am I doing? I am going to blow my cover. 

I looked at JiYeon, her eyes widened and told me. 
" Dae, Don't do it. " 

I looked at her eyes, and I could feel emotions in me spilling and crashing all around. 
Ugh! I plastered a smile, " Hey! " I throw off a casual greeting, " Heard that you'll be having a comeback soon? " 

Han Byul smirked, ughs, that guy, seriously getting on my nerves. 

" Yup, I'll be taking over your position. " 

I blinked. 
" What? " My heart screamed. 
That sentence didn't just have two meanings...right?

" You know I'm joking right hyung? " Han Byul gave a coy smile. 

I rolled off a fake chuckle, " Hyung? Hyung, what are you talking about? Always teasing me. " I nudged him with my elbow. 

My heart ached, as I said the next line,  " Hyung, Who's this? " 
I have to pretend. I have to conceal the truth. 
JiYeon is trying hard, so must I. 

He gave a smirk as he looked at JiYeon. Ohgosh, the way he looked at her, and how he held her. Ohmygosh.
Stay Calm Jung Daehyun.  
" I saved her. " he looked at her with a proud face, and he spoke in English. 

My eyes widened, JiYeon looks uncomfortable.. 
" Han Byul-ssi, " Ji Yeon spoke up, " I have told you I have matters to attend to. If there is nothing serious, I shall take my leave.. " 

HanByul gave me a smug look, and released JiYeon's hand, his eyes fixed on her, " Only Today. " he whispered close to her.. 
Jung... Dae...Hyun.. Breathe... 
I gritted my teeth. JiYeon rubbed her wrist which was already red from the pressure, and walked off, stealing glances at me only once, telling me to not do anything. Afterwards, she never looked back once and continued her work. I closed my eyes, " I promise you, " I told her with my heart. 





"You've changed. " HanByul spoke up.
I immediately opened my eyes and stared at him, " What? What are you talking about Hyung? " I inserted laughs here and there to make the conversation light. 
But the last thing I want is to laugh with him. 

" I know about everything you know. " HanByul tucked his hands in his pockets, and rolled his neck in semicircles, and gave me a smirk. 
I gave a light chuckle, " Hahaha, Hyung.. What are you talking about? " 
" I sent them. " He said it bluntly. 
" Them ? " 
He nodded, as if he wasn't bothered by anything, or feeling bad at all. It hit me. 
He continued, " Youngjae is coming out solo again right? " He gave a coy smile. 
It can't be,...right? 
" Aren't you jealous? " 
" Jealous... of my bestfriend? Look, what are you talking about, Hyung? Just get to the point. " 
He kept his smirk and one step by a step, let his leather shoes squeak and send echos to the insides of my body. 
It was as if something evil was stirring. 
He leaned in slowly... and by my ear, he whispered. 
" Watch your back. " 
He patted my shoulders, and left. 

I stood there, still can't believe it. Wow. 
What? 


====================

JiYeon's POV

What the hell ? 

That guy sure is creepy. 
Daehyun knows him? 

You gave a sigh and approached the next room. 
You've been looking forward for this interview.
You waited for a while, until you felt better and calm. 
You knocked the doors, and the door swung opened immediately. 

"Hey Hey Hey~ " 
You giggled. 
" Why if it isn't our biggest fan? " 
You smirked, " Right.. what's the name again. Inspire? In... " 
" Inspirit! Aish, why can't you get it? "
You just smiled, and took a seat on the couch. 

" Thank you for agreeing. You have no idea how much this means to me. " you started off first. 
Hoya waved his hands dismissively, DongWoo just laughed, and added, " Hoya was looking forward to this interview! " 
You gave a surprised look in Hoya's direction who shot a glare at DongWoo. 

" Can we just proceed with the interview already? " he snapped, embarrassed. 
You giggled, 
" Hey before that, I want to ask your opinion on something. " 
" Yeah, go ahead, " DongWoo passed you a drink. 
" What do you think about... " 
The door swung open, " Hello, Infinite H, I... " 
That guy stared at you for a long time. 
" Who are you? " He spat. 
You were taken aback. 
" She's having an interview with us, " Hoya spoke up. 
That man smiled at Infinite, but eyes still on you, " We have made an appointment at this time. Your manager, " His eyes averted to Hoya's eyes, " has promised me that my interview with Infinite H will overwrite any other schedules of yours. " 

You held back a surprised gasp. What? That's possible too? 

" My manager told me nothing of that sort. " 
That man shrugged and set down his business bag on a couch, " No can do. I'm a busy man. If you miss this interview, it'll be hard to grab another slot with me. " He smirked in your direction. 

Okay, that was totally obvious. It was totally a competition, or basically a stage for him to show off his reputation. 
You would have normally been insistent on interviews that you've gotten. 

But Infinite is your friend, and you know you don't want them to compromise on opportunities to get public attention. 
Honestly, any interview you do is not advantageous to them either, only via international fans. 
You have decided. You gulped and forced a smile at Hoya and DongWoo, " Hey, it's alright. Have a nice interview. " You stood up. 

"No. " Hoya snapped at you, and you froze in position. He glared at the man who just entered. 
" Look, you can't just come in like that no matter who you are. " He continued. 

" We didn't received any information from our manager, you can't just barge in like this, " DongWoo added. 

" Besides, we're having an interview with Journalist Baek, " Hoya growled, " You have interrupted us. " 

That man held his hand up, as if he surrendered, " I'm okay with anything, it will just be your loss, " he ended the conversation with his eyes fixed on you, and a sly smile, as if trying to make you feel guilty. 
That man stood up and left before you could say anything. 

" Hey.. " you started out. 
" No more delays, hurry with the interview, " Hoya interrupted. 
" Still, you didn't need to.. " 
"You're our friend right? " Hoya asked. 
"Huh? " 
" We don't need people like them to write about us. " Hoya added. 
" I know him, he's not a nice guy. " DongWoo smiled at you. " We like you better. " 
"You know him? " Hoya glanced at Dongwoo, curious. 
He blinked his eyes, " Well... you don't ? He's a journalist right? 
You giggled, but still, " You sure about this? " You asked nervously. 
Hoya nodded almost immediately, " So what did you want our opinion on? " 

You smiled, it was nice, really nice to have friends like them to support you. 
Just, such things that fuel you for continuing this tiring journey. 


" So... " You continued with the interview. 
It went on so well, you almost forgot the time. 
And when they had to leave for filming, you couldn't ignore that feeling or reluctance. 
" Bye, FIGHTING! " You gave them a bright smile. 
A genuine one. 
Since the start of the day. 
Hoya just gave a smirk and a peace out sign, Hoya smiled and pulled you into a hug! 
" Bye Chinggu! " 
You were surprised, but wasn't weirded out. 

You packed your stuff up, and you saw Daehyun leaning against the edge of the door, waiting for you. 
" Going home now? " He asked curtly. 
You sighed, " I wish. I only got two interviews today. I have to plan and prepare... " 
"Please? " Daehyun begged. 
You glanced at him, his eyes... 
" You okay ? " 
He forced a smile. 
" I miss you. " He said in english. 
You found your lips slowly spreading from a shy smile, to a huge grin, before giggling. 

"Ayy, when did you learn that? " 

"I'm Good. " He chuckled. 
And he closed the doors behind him. 
You smiled as he approached you. 
He gingerly pulled you into a hug and your back tenderly. 
He hummed, and you smiled into the hug. 

" I miss you too, " You mumbled. 

" Let's go home? " 

Your heart was torn between your reposnsibility and letting your guard down. 
" Dae... " 

" Please.. " 

You pulled back... " Who's that guy? " You blurted out. 

Daehyun's face changed, his eyes fickered his attention away from you. 
" No one. " 


End of Conversation. 

And just like a child, he held your shoulders tight and protectively and dragged you out (carefully like how Daehyun would be ) of the room. 
You throw him a childish anger filled glare, he just smirked and held you tighter.
You honestly felt really good to be back in Daehyun's arms. 

But the minute the door swung open, you refused to let him touch you. 
It was back to business. 

You ignore that hurt in his eyes. 
And just walk on. 

====================


The car ride was just him, taking your hand as he drove on. You would try to shake his hand off and ask him to drive safely, he just turned to look at you like, (without the finger and nodding to tell you its fine. ) 


He would then hummed his song, and you would shyly joined in. He would suddenly stop and let your voice fill his car, then your voice will get softer, he squeezed your hands gently and you would giggled before singing again with him. 


 

====================

Finally both of you have reached their dorms, it was a good and silent day and you could creep in with him. 
The dorm looks pretty empty, except for HimChan, Zelo and Hyerim. 
Daehyun tossed the keys in the basket and the noise caught HimChan's attention. 

"Ahh, you're home.. " 
Daehyun just nod, "The rest? " 

" 1004. " He replied simply and gulped down another mouthful of milk. 

" Milk? Oppa seriously ? " You teased. 
He just gave you a playful glare, " What, I can't drink milk? " 
You giggled, and waved your hands dismissively, " Nothing wrong with that. " 
" It gives me my beautiful face. " You giggled while he chuckled. 
Daehyun had a smile on, as he prepared some ramen for the both of you. 
You gave a tired yawn and went to set your things down in Daehyun's room. 

You sat on the floor and leaned against your bed. 
You thought through today.. what a tough day. 
But it was slightly better with Infinite and Daehyun.
But why can't you do it openly? 
Just because you're not an idol? 
Just because you're a threat to the idols? 
You sighed, and was about to rest your head on your knees, when you heard the door opened. 

" Noona? " 
You looked up, and it was Zelo looking all nervous and worried, 
" You okay? What's wrong? " You giggled. 
He just scratched his head, and blurt out, " Noona I need your help. " 
You smiled, " And what's that? " 
He immediately spoke in hushed tones, "I... Hye rim.. Hyerim's Birthday is coming.. " 
You nodded, " And...?" 
He frowned, " Could I bring her out? I mean.. " 
You nodded, you knew his concern. 
You honestly don't know. 
You stood up, and braved a smile. You held Zelo's hand. 
"Zelo-ya, you must know, that whatever you decided to do, don't forget that you love her, you love Hyerim. It doesn't matter what the public says about you both. If you're worried about the public see her with you, then.. " 
Zelo cut your words immediately, " Nono.. I love her, and I am proud to have her by my side, ... " He sighed, " But I don't wish for her to go through any pressure, you know what I mean? " 
You pressed your lips into a fine line and gave a heavy nod of agreement. 

"Right now, Noona is trying her best. It's not time yet. But birthdays can't wait. I can always help you if you need planning and we could be extra cautious or something. " You smiled at him, and tilted your head backwards because he was just so tall. 

His face had a slight hint of disappointment, you giggled to lighten the mood, tipped toes to mess his hair up. 
"Silly boy, never thought my favourite dongsaeng would grow up so fast. Look at you, getting all shy whenever we're talking about Hyerim." 
Zelo blushed a little, "Thanks Noona. " 
He shyly gave you a friendly punch on the shoulder, " I'm happy to have you back. " 

====================

After dinner, with much of Daehyun feeding you and some teasing. 
You were back to work, again. 
You were typing and typing. 
You didn't noticed how Daehyun was observing you. 

He gave occasional loud sighs and yawns, but you would still type. 

" Baby, Why are you working so hard? " He laid on his stomach as he flipped through your papers. 
You kept silent but yo've stopped typing.  

" Baby? " 

"Hey? " 

"Something's wrong? " 

He turned you around, and found that your eyes were rimmed with tears. 
You broke down before him. 

"Hey.. Yeon-ah ? " He pulled you into a hug. You just held him tight and cried so bad. 
"Why.. What happened? Baby?  " 

You just kept crying. 
He knows, you're not someone who cries easily. 
But what ever had made you cried, it must have been huge. 

You didn't tell him anything, but he just cooed and calm you down. 
Until you fall asleep in his embrace. You didn't know you would ever fall asleep that fast. 
But with Daehyun's honey vocals that brings warmth to the night, and him cuddling you to sleep. 
For once since the start of this week, you have felt love and warmth. 
You almost forgot how it was like to love Daehyun, since you've been fighting to make this love happen. 
You've not been spending enough time with him. 
But the Heart never forgets, does it? 

 


It's finally done. Ughs. Not really pleased, but I'm not out to be dramatic either. 
But point is driven across, and the story is getting up! 
DUM DUM DUM. 
Btw, I like HanByul, I have nothing against him :) 
I'll try to update asap. Taking advanatage of the inspiration :D