Chapter 49.

The Heart Never Forgets

You were eventually stirred up because you felt the bed was too squeezy for comfort. You opened your eyes with your lips pursed grumpily, but you realised that Daehyun was still asleep. You let your eyes lingered a little longer as you stared at him. With work, both of you barely had time together. What you could do, was only treat him like other idols. The working life rules. Or, at least in consideration for the safety and the benefit for everyone. 


You're pretty sure Hyerim, Eunmi, Carmin and Meli have their diificulties like you, but it's different because your job is responsible for divulge what idols want to keep silent about. But you had always love journalism because of how free-spirited you feel when you write. You always enjoy meeting new people and every one hour interview you had is different from the next. It's amazing because it felt like talking a bus to experience life in a nutshell in that one hour, and hopping onto to bus again, to yet experience a whole different life next. Also, it always intrigues you how young idols like them could have such a mature and wise mentality. 


"Am I really that handsome ? " His hoarse morning voice startled you a little, as you realised you've been staring at him as those thoughts grew. He gave a chuckle that tingled your heart. You smiled at him, a little lost in the situation before giving a small bashful nod and perhaps blushing cheeks. He looked at you with his warm eyes, you could notice that he was trying to understand you. Just as you were drowning in the charms of his brown eyes, he spoke up, " I miss you, Yeon. " 


You frozed a little and hesitated. You swallowed as your tear glands starts to work up and slowly filled your eyes. His eyes flashed pain, and he shifted so he could wiped your tears, " I'm sorry. " he whispered. You shook your head, and closed your eyes. "No,  I'm sorry. "you whispered. 
You thought about all that had happened all these week. It was so tough alone, it was even harder because you had to pretend you didn't know Daehyun. You felt him hugging you tight with you close on his chest. His rhythmic heart beats was gradually increasing. 
"Yeon,... " he asked you after some time of cooing you. " Mmm? " Your voice was croaked from crying. 

" What are you doing? " 

You blinked your eyes at him. His eyes displayed pain, and sorrow. He was clearly worried and concerned for you. He was certainly upset that everything had turned this way. He was probably furious that both of you haven't had time together for the past week or more. You just bit your lips as your mind slowly worked on a reply to answer him. You played with the hem of the blankets and mumbled, " I need to protect you and the boys. " 

" By tiring yourself and leaving us apart? " 

You gave him a surprised look, leaving us apart? What? 

"Huh? " 

" Yeon, " He took a deep breath, " I know its unfair of me to say this, but you're my girlfriend, like any other guys, I wouldn't like my girlfriend to be talking to a band of seven males, or always busy at work, and we barely have time. Like right now, I don't even know if you've remembered to pick up breakfast in the morning, or if you've had slept well at night, or if you've remembered to take your medicines when your headaches strike again.. " He looks very sad. He took in another breath, he seemingly looked at you, but you know he wasn't having an eye contact with you, " I don't know anything that had happened to you for a whole week. And, as your boyfriend, I.. I.. love you and want to know that you're doing well, taking your meals, sleeping well.... " He didn't finished his sentence. Daehyun was always a little emotional. 

You balled your fists when you heard him saying about sleeping well. That dream that very night was the reason why you kept avoiding him. You didn't want him to know what kind of dreams you had. What if it came true?

But, his words, it made your heart fuuzy. 
You love him, just the way he was. 
And you love his way of loving you. 

" Dae, " You said softly, " You know, I really love you and wouldn't think of leaving us apart... " 

He stared at you, and immediately said, " Lies. " 

Your eyes widen, and realised he read your eyes. You swallowed, and tried to rephrase your sentence. 

"Do you even believe that we could be together apart from all the media attention? " Daehyun asked you seriously. 

You bit your lips and looked away, " No. " You replied softly. 
You hesitated and pondered a little on the everyday worry you had. The reality lies that people are always more interested in the private lives of idols, and enemies are always there to catch news that could have cause your downfall. You knew, you've studied the trends in kpop news over the years, and for those who had revealed didn't had much of a fairytale story. It wasn't easy. Like how Simon D and Lady Jane, or Se7en and Park HanByul. Could it be a story that the world accepts, Daehyun and JiYeon? 

" It wouldn't be easy. It wouldn't be possible. It wouldn't happen. " you mumbled unknowing as you pondered. 

" So are you giving up on me? " 

" No. " You replied firmly and looked into his eyes, and you felt scared for once. You felt scared for staring into his eyes. 

"Then why do you bother? " 

You stared at him, confused. Does he know what he is saying?  " Daehyun, this is my job and I have to do it. I'm going the extra mile so that I could be able to make myself strong and powerful enough so that... so that... " 

" You are what the society deemed as the girl meant for me? " he asked coldly. 

You couldn't believed this, " NO, so that I could ensure any reports harmful to you guys could have been destroyed before it spreads. " 
He.. did caught you though. 

He closed his eyes, and flipped onto his back. He pinched the bridge of his nose. 
"How... " He was back looking at you, and you realised his eyes were filled with tears, " can I keep you by my side, Ji Yeon? I don't want you to leave again. JiYeon, I'm tired, I really love you for who you are, but you're trying to hard to please the people around you. You're perfect, and what matters is that I love you, isn't it? " 

You took in a breath to hold back your tears, you know that once you cry, it wouldn't be an end to anything. 
You pushed yourself up, " Jung Dae Hyun. " you spoke firmly. 
" I am not trying to leave you. Yes, I admit, back then, I was really frightened. How could I ever write an article that would hurt Youngjae and Meli? Do you know how much fear I had thinking if the next news was you and I? I know I'm not perfect, and I'm already on the road to accepting the imperfect me like you had with me. But I couldn't face you because I didn't want anyone to know that you're dating me. It has nothing to do with me not accepting myself, but I'm not good enough. I can't be that person you would proudly, through the microphone and tell everyone that I'm your girlfriend, " you felt a tear rolled down. " I am not the person that your fans will love. And if we were to keep mum about us, we have to be serious and professional. " 

His jaws tightened as he processed your words and collected his emotions. " I would, I am proud of you Yeon. I really am. " 

You swallowed, as you sensed you're close to breaking down. Your eyes shut and a flood of tears rolled down. 
"And, " You ignored his words, but you hesistated the next line, " I need to be stronger and more reputable so people like them wouldn't threaten me with such articles anymore. It's a threat daehyun, it's a threat. " You stared at Daehyun. 
His mouth grew wide open. 

You looked away, and calmed your self as you stared at some random spot of the wall. 
" Someone called Byul send in to Australia's HQ. And, ... " you looked back at Daehyun, " A sasaeng told me that she told a guy the news. " 
You your dry lips, you hoped it was the right thing to tell Daehyun, and it wasn't because you're clouded by your emotions. 
" And, ..if sasaeng knows, I can't.. I can't... " 

" I wouldn't let anything happened to you, " he growled, holding you firmly. He blinked and a tear rolled down. 
You looked away, " Dae... " You bit your lips, " Should I ... just give up? I'm tired. " You sighed. 
"Maybe it was a bad idea to pursue this dream. Everything is going wrong. Maybe, just maybe I... " 

"Y-yeon.. Comeon. You are doing it right. You got to have faith in yourself, in us.. in everything. Everything will be fine. " 
His hand reached for yours and he played with your fingers. 

You looked away. And silence consumed yet again. 

" Dae.. " 
You didn't wait for him to reply. 

" Tell me about Hanbyul. " 

Silence. 
You glanced over to him, looking at him fidgeting and looking away, displeased. 
" Please. " 

" You don't have to know. " 

You smacked him lightly, " I'm your girlfriend. " You for what he had said earlier. 
He gave a small grin, but a frown soon overtook. 

" No.. " he mumbled. 

" You know him before me? " you asked softly. 

" Why do you want to know? " Daehyun asked, exasperatedly. 

A small idea crept into your head, " Well, I may have to interview LEDApple. " you gave a small smirk. 

His eyes widened, but he probably gave a few thoughts, and looked away. " Can you don't? " He asked softly. 

" Dae... " 

He sighed, " Jason Jang HanByul, I know him when we were in Junior High School. He lived in Australia but there was once when he came to Korea to live for a few years, so he transferred to our school. He was the popular kid in town and everybody love him cause he was handsome and knew many languages. " You gave a soft giggle as you witness your jealous boyfriend recalling the past. He gave you a glare, but soon to give a silly smile at himself. " So one day, he really really like this noona, " he gave you a worried glance, but you nodded to probe him to continue. " but.. " Daehyun's cheeks starts to turn a little red, " that noona and I were really close. And... urms.. well.. we.. " 
"Got together? " You finished his sentence. He shot you a look as he was concerned with how you take the fact that he had dated before. 
He nodded shyly," And.. so he really hated me and he confronted her, saying why would she like me and all. " he ended a little soft. 
Daehyun seemed lost for a while. 

Your heart twitched a little, feeling a little déjà vu. Because, it was like the conversations you just had, you wondered why would Daehyun love you? 


Daehyun's POV 
Daehyun recalled the conversation he overheard his then girlfriend with Hanbyul. 
" He's a little boy. Look at him. Nerdy and all. " 

" But he's charming and sings well. He's really sweet. He's not a little boy. " 

" What? " 

" He's even more mature than you Jason, why can't you take this reality like a man. " 

" Are you saying I'm immature? " 

" Yes! " 

"I'm older than him, " 

" He's so much better than you that you could have called him Hyung. " 




JIYEON's POV

"Dae ? " 

"Ah.. and so.. just then he went around and spread rumours of us, until she couldn't take it and she left me. Then, he was about to head back to Australia, we've not seen each other since these couple of years. " 

".. " you frowned. 

"Why? " he asked you curiously. 

"He doesn't seem like a bad guy.. " 

Daehyun smacked you lightly, " You can't fall for him, you got me Baek Ji Yeon?!?! " 

" Mollaa~" you teased. 

" YAH! " 

You giggled, but you were curious on something too. " These couple of years he came back for? " 

" He came back to train and debut in LEDApple. " 

" So you've been keeping in contact with him? How come I've never heard this story before? " 

Daehyun raised his eyebrows at you. " Is somebody... "

"What? " You asked defensively. 

He smirked, " Mollaaa~~" He imitated you. 

" Hey! " 

"What? " 

" Tell me or I'm going to interview LED Apple!"

"Are you threatening me with your work Baek Ji Yeon? " 

" Yes. " 

" Then if you choose to interview, I'm going to hold high notes as I tickle you. " 

"What? " 

"What's wrong? I'm threatening you with my work too. "

" That doesn't make sense. " 

"Then don't talk to him! " 

" Are you scared that I'll fall for him. " 

"No.. " he looked away. 

" Daehyun? " 

" What? " 

You pulled his face with your two fingers by his chin and pecked him on his lips, " I will never fall for him okay. And I won't leave you even if he spread rumours. " 

"Mmm.. " He smiled, as he pulled you in for a deeper kiss. 

" I like his dimples.. " you whispered in between kisses

And then Daehyun's fingers thrashed against your sides and you yelling at him to stop as he, unbelievably sang a song to hold high notes, enjoying tickling you. 

"JUNG DAE HYUN. BAEK JI YEON. STOP YELLING IT'S ONLY SIX IN THE MORNING! " HimChan yelled. 
And both of you burst into fits of laughter. 


I just couldn't end it sad. :) 
It's been ages, and I know. I really didn't update this story often. There's just... ugh. 
Forget that, I love and miss you guys so much :)) 

I hope you guys get a clearer picture of everything right now. I've been thinking hard on how to develop Jason's character. 
There isn't much development, but I got you guys some Dae-Yeon time XD