Chapter 4.

The Heart Never Forgets

*Zzt Zzt*

Your phone vibrated.

From: My Busan Man
“Jaki, I can finally use my phone.
I just wanna text to check on you, you didn’t seemed too well just now,
I hope all is fine.
Anything call to let me know, I’ll let my phone be on the loudest volume so I can answer on the first ring!
Love you Love you Love you my Princess~   ㅎㅈㅎ”

You smiled, but you didn’t want to talk to him just yet.

You felt guilty reading, but those letters are indeed meant for you aren’t they?

The First Letter:

"Dear Jaki, I am sorry. I should have ran out for you that night. You’re definitely not a burden. I killed myself so many times for letting you go so easy. I know I have hurt you so many times, I keep making broken promises. I am sorry. I don’t think writing this letter would make you forgive me too. 
I have so many memories to make with you please come back to mee… (The letter ended abruptedly)”

The Second Letter:

“YAH BAEK JI YEON!
HOW CAN YOU JUST LEAVE ME LIKE THAT? I really thought you would stay. Did I hurt you that much to caused you to chose to leave rather than to stay?
Everytime we learn new dances moves and I see the rest learning their dance so well, makes me feels so weak. I only had you in my mind, to push me to learn the dance better.
Every single time I left you alone, my heart aches to know I made you so tired of waiting, broke your heart.
Every single time your tired silent eyes stared at me, scolded at my guilty heart for making my girlfriend suffer.
But every single time you smile, I forgot all the pain I have.

Please come back my love. I promise I’ll treat you better. “

The Third Letter:

"I.. Miss you. 

Please come back”

The Forth Letter:

"Jaki, I think writing such letters to you makes me feel so much better. 
Even if I know you don’t read, or much less ever reply or talk to me. 

Today Hyung-nim taught us a new dance for our new song.
Seriously, I’m tired of this life. Sometimes I feel like ending this episode of my life.
But its my dream, why is it so painful and hard.

Today I thought I saw you here at TS, but I was wrong. I miss your scent, your smiles, but why don’t I have the guts to call you back? Sometimes I hate you for not being more understanding, Sometimes I hate myself for hurting you so much. I don’t dare to call you back because I’m worried I cannot keep my promise..

I need you. “
 

You cried softly as your tears dropped onto those letters, but you don’t really care.

How can this silly boy love you so much after you have hurt him?
How can you ever let him go? 
But you can’t possibly give up your family, you love your parents too. 
Your mum loves you, that’s why she did that, but how else to convince her?
You are also not confident that you won't be hurt.
He is in a rising idol group.
There bound to be those pesky reporters.
If there is ever a scandal, your heart may not take it.
And... eventually your relationship may be publicly annouced and fans will hate you.

You grabbed and pulled your hair in frustration. Why is love so hard?!

After minutes of agonising screaming to vent out your frustrations, a cleanly sealed letter caught your eye before you toss the box away. The envelope was in your favourite colour, you brought it close to your nose and smelt it, it was coated with your favourite cologne belonging to him. 

“That means this letter was written recently… ?”

You would really love to ponder over the reasons why you shouldn’t open but your fingers are really moving on their own.
Your sleek fingers cleverly took out the seal without tearing the envelope. It would be convenient to stick it back unnoticed afterwards anyways. 

Your long fingers slid out the piece of paper as you flip it open to start reading.

"Dear Baek Ji Yeon, 
Today, I am going to write you the final letter.
I decided I cannot keep doing this anymore. 
I am going to see you soon, in about two hours, after two years since we, broke up,

you saw an evident pause in his writing as the blob made by the pen was bigger,
I've been through a lot of pain in your absence.
I finally understand how important you are to me.

When I was younger and I listened to stories my mum told my sister, it always had an ending where the princess gets a prince.
And the prince would be some handsome knight riding on a beautiful horse.
Since then, I promised that the girl I love in the future, will see me like that beautiful prince.
I will love her dearly. But, I’m sorry I didn’t managed to do so.

In these two years, I keep remembering the past memories we had. The first time I met you by the school alley.
Your beautiful beautiful eyes caught my breath. I swear, you were gorgeous.
When we became friends, it was the best thing that has ever happened to me.
How can such a beautiful girl willing to be friends with six boys who had not a single care for the world.
I kept wearing my mask because I fear what I speak may ruin anything.
I really wanted you.

When you first talked to me, I really couldn’t breathe, but I act cool, and pretended you didn’t affect me when in fact the insides of my body had a hurricane and earthquake, in a complete mess. 

That day when I confessed to you, I swear, I almost peed in my pants.
How nerve wrecking can it get?
And I heard that you have rejected so many boys, I really want to back out when I saw you approaching.
Your angelic voice kept me rooted.
Your smile gave me strength. T
he wind blew and your smell warmed my heart.
I took a deep breath before saying those words I carved on my heart since day 1, repeated infront of the mirror over million of times. Do you remember them?

I, Jung DaeHyun,You read out this part as if your heart memorised them,
Love you Baek Ji Yeon.
I have never met a girl that has taken my breath away, never met a girl who made my heart pounds so badly.
You have a heart of gold that made me love you more.
You have an innocent look, that made angels look incomparable to you.
I don’t know how to put words even better to explain what you have done to me, but.. I will protect you, I promise to never stop loving you and bring you happiness, I just want to ask you,

You held your breath as you read the next few words,
Will you be my girl?

You burst out crying as these past memories flushed back into your mind, making you lost in the reality.
Your heart tingled terribly as it fondly remember all these feelings.

You feel blood pumping throughout your body excitedly just like how you met him for the first time.
It was love at first sight just like his.
It was more than that, really, you have never met a boy that feels so right.
As if both of you were meant to be together.

You read the next part while your hands cupped over your mouth to suppress your tears,

That lingered in my mind all the time.
What a bad boyfriend I was to forget these initial feelings and broke my promise yet again.
I remember our first date, first kiss, first meals at every cafe and restaurant, our first christmas, our first anniversary.
All your fears, your insecurites, your allergies, you favourites, your sweet tooths, your dreams, your wishes.
All those beautiful memories, are pinned up in my skies.

But right now, my sky is pitch black, with these memories like stars shinning through the night sky. So precious. 

Honestly, I am very nervous to meet you.
Yet, I can’t wait to see you.
I have always wondered how you have been.
I always asked YoungJae if he knows anything about you.
The only time he ever told me, was when you told him you had a boyfriend.
I swear, the pain was so unbearable, I rather stop breathing.
I was raging with so much jealousy. 
I wonder if you’re really happy, with that..guy. 
I don’t even know why Youngjae and HimChan wanna meet him.
If you weren’t there, I would have missed this dinner..

Sighs,
Today, after I meet you, I promise I will move on only if you did.
I promise if you are happy with your new boyfriend, I will forget you.
I will not hurt you anymore. 
If, anything happens to me after the dinner, someday, when you read these letters, I still hope your heart never forgives me.
I will only love you, and only you. No other woman, I’ll let them into my heart.

I still love you, Ji Yeon-ie.

Daehyun. “

 


Teehees, I hope this warms your heart~ Kyaaa, Can you imagine Daehyunnie being so sweet?? *W* 
Please show love to this story~ Comment and Subscribe :)