Chapter 7.

The Heart Never Forgets

 "Urms, Ji Yeon-ah… Are you okay?"
 

Are you okay?! Are you okay?! ABSOLUTELY NOT.
Why can’t your heart settle?
It felt as if your heart has dislocated from its position and ran through your entire blood stream.

Your heart and brain cannot arrive at a consensus.
Your heart says Daehyun, while your brain says Tim.

He shook you again, breaking your confused thoughts, “Yah… Ji Yeon-ah, Are you okay?”

As if you just stirred up from sleep, “Huh?! Oh.. Oh.. Yes yes.. Yes.. I am.. Fine… Uhh.. Right… Daehyun is… Downstairs.. Ah… I should… Head down. Uh.. Tim, are you.. Coming down? “

"Nah, I’ll stay here till dinner time," a forced smile plastered..

"Oh.. Okay.. "

You headed down and saw a sweaty Daehyun pounced on you!
*Oghff*

“Ya! Daehyun… Don’t do that! You are sweaty!! “

He just giggled.

"Yebbo.. Where are the rest of the boys? And.. You’re here an hour early.. "

"They decided to ditch me for BBQ meat. And.. Manager Hyung let us go early," his lips suddenly grew into a wide smile and whispered, " and.. I missed you"
His warm breath tickled your ear..

You said nothing and led him to your room.

You were pretty sure he sensed something was wrong without your reaction. 

"Wow.. Your room hasn’t changed a single bit. Hey.. You still kept the bear that I had won for you.. Ohh! Our poster!! You should just have mine," he smirked in your direction before continuing to chat.

Daehyun, a chatterbox like how he always was. And still is.. 
 

“Jaki.. “


Still chatting away.. 


“Jaki!” Raising your volume a little


He seems to be ignoring you..

You went over and grabbed his waist.

 

He stiffened. “Ah… Jaki ya.. I am.. still sweaty, don’t hug me.. “
 

"I wanna talk to you.. "
 

"Ah…Let me bathe first?"
 

"No. I wanna talk to you now." you stared at him sternly
 

You caught that panic that flashed across his eyes.
He really knows you too well.

"Daehyun.. "

“Mm… “

“Did you ever.. thought of marrying me?” you raised your eyes to stare into his.

 

Without hesistation,”Yes. “
 

That took you aback, Both of you definitely had thoughts of marrying each other, just.. maybe perhaps not such a firm answer, since you yourself cannot decide. 

 

You fiddled with your fingers before asking again, 
“Will you ever leave me if I look old and ugly?”

 

"Of course not! I love you is not just for your looks. Its everything that makes up you. Are you…"
 

"Yes. I am, " you really don’t want him to ask if you are okay.
 

"What will you do if your fans don’t approve?"
 

"As much as I love my fans, I love you too. I cannot decide between both of you. "
 

"What if I want you to make a decision now?"
 

"To choose between Babys and You?"
 

"Mmm…"
 

"No.. I can’t. "
 

You were feeling childishly angry.
But his reply meant a lot you. Or rather your mum’s words affected you a lot. 


Daehyun stared hard at your expressionless face, he starts to get worried. 


"Jaki... what I meant was that both of you are equally important to me.. I couldn't possibly... " 


" No," you gave a smile, " I am fine. It was just a question. Nothing much, " the smile was glued to your face hiding the childish anger that was growing in you. 


Honestly, you know Daehyun would give you an answer like this, you just wished he had said it was you. 


" Alrights, I... will bathe first?" he gave you a concerned look to ask for your consent, you gave him an approving nod as he cautiously left the room. 


You were left in your thoughts again. 

 

 

What is Love? 
You definitely read many quotes of love since young. 

" Love is giving the other person a gun, and trusting them not to kill you. " 


" Love is accepting the other's insecurities " 


" Love is wishing for their happiness over yours.. " 
 

 

What you had with Daehyun, was definitely love. 
But Love can change just like in movies, ... 


Sometimes, it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead. 


Fuzzily, these thoughts led you to the memories when you were younger, in elementary school. 
You had two best friends with you, Hye Min and Su Jin.  
They meant the world to you, especially after how you lost your bestfriend when you were seven.
They were originally together first, but since you were alone they let you into the group. 
And, since you were the oldest among the three, you had always played the role like a mother, extremely protective of both of them.  

Definitely, love these friends of yours to the moon and back. 


Three of you, were greatly envied by your peers with the close friendship that the three of you shared.

That envy didn't last long.

It was ruined, one day, when both of them had a quarrel over something small and they forced you to be in a position to choose between the both of them. 

 

" Ji Yeon, You have to decide, who do you think is right?!, Hye Min, or Me? " Su Jin stared at you, bringing Hye Min to face you as well. 


You were about to burst into tears, " Su Jin ah, Hye Min ah, can't we just get along together?" 


" NO!!" Both of them yelled. 


That time, all three of you were just nine. 

You didn't want to choose anyone out of both of them. 
Friendship meant the world to you, especially after you have lost one when you were seven. 

You pondered hard, you got to step in and resolve this, 

You decided to choose Hye Min, since Su Jin was always more sensible, and Hye Jin was the baby of the group. 
"Hyee... Min?" 
You see Hye Min did a victory yell, 

While a fuming Su Jin stomping away. 
"Su Jin... I'm sorry.. " 

Later that day, you only hang out with Hye Min. 
While, Su Jin was no where to be found. 
When school had ended, you found her all alone. 
" Su Jin ah.. " 

" GO AWAY! I don't want to talk to you" 


" I... didn't meant to choose her over you. Can't you get along with Hye Min ? " 


" Don't mention her name in front of me!! Don't you like her better? " 


" No.. Su Jin ah... " 


" BAEK JI YEON! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE WITH HER?" Hye Min glared at Su Jin while pointing at Su Jin.


That was it. 


The next day you found both of them chatting happily talking as if none of it had happened, and you, you were left alone. 


It was all childish act. 
Perhaps just how immature kids resolve situations. 
You tried to get back all together, but to no avail. 

Since then, you absolutely hate, detest and dread, making decisions between two people. 
The situation you are faced with now. 
Yes, that may be more than ten years ago, but it had scarred you. 
Because you had lost three bestfriends in just two years. 

It has remained as an insecurity in you, you really fear holding on to people too tight till they leave you. 
You won't be able to take it if Daehyun leaves you for someone prettier or younger. 
You wouldn't be able to take it, to leave Daehyun for a guy that loves you but you don't love back. 

Your head hurts. 
So was your heart, pounding tiredly at these thoughts.... 

How can you choose between the both of them? 



" Jaki! I am done~ " 

You were motionless. Letting the pain in your head and heart overwhelmed every part of your body. 

" JAKI~" He waved his hands in front of you. 

" Oh oh... Annyeong~ " 

" Annyeong? Hahahah~ Jaki, why are you thinking so hard? Are you okay? " 

" Yup, I think dinner is ready, shall we go down?" 

" Let's GOOOO! " Daehyun grabbed your shoulders as if you were the train and chugged down all the way downstairs. 

This silly boy. 


You saw Tim staring at the both of you, trying hard to put on a smile. 


The door opened, your father appeared. 
" AhBuJi! " you greeted cheerfully. 
Both of them stood up to bow, " Ahjussi-nim" 

" Yeobbo? We have guests? Two guys? " 

" Yes~" 

" Well, which one of you is her boyfriend? " your father asked jokingly, but that caught both of them aback. 

They exchanged glances... 

" Ahbuji.. actually... " 

 

 

 


 I am back! 
I have a little time and decided to make updates to this story :) 

This story is getting interesting, please anticipate:) 

Who do you think she should choose? :)