Friends

Boku wa Romeo! HSJ FanFic

At the end of her first day Mizuki was invited to eat Ramen at Hikari’s family shop. And after confirming it with her parents she headed on her way with Midori, Eri, Chinen and Daiki who tagged along too. They arrive in a quite part of Tokyo, everything moved a lot slower there, but slowly people started welcoming Hikari back home.

‘Hikari, welcome home from school!’ A old man shouted from behind a veg stand.

‘Nii-chan, it’s a beautiful day!’ A young boy said with a huge smile.

‘It sure is.’ Hikari replied.

It was obvious that Hikari was well known at school but even her neighbourhood spoke nothing but kind words towards her. Mizuki loved the atmosphere that followed Hikari around full of happiness.

Then a small but bright shop appeared at the bottom of the hill, Hikari linked arms with Mizuki and said, ‘That’s my parents shop!’ and energetically pulled her onwards down the hill. When entering the shop Midori grabbed Mizuki.

‘You wait! Ahh…’ She said excitedly. ‘Her brother is gorgeous! He’s in his 3rdyear of a private guys school down the road from ours. Ahh he’s so handsome.’

‘So he’s a senpai?’ Mizuki asked.

‘Can you stop about my brother Midori… anyone would think you come here to see him!’ Hikari interrupted walking towards the counter and greeting her mother and father who smiled whilst making delicious smelling roasted pork ramen for a customer.

‘Sorry Hikari-chan…’ Midori ducked her head shamefully.

‘is that females I hear from the shop… I’ll serve!’ A rough but strong voice spoke from the backroom.

Then walked through a tall, light brown idol haired boy with a huge smile and deep brown eyes. He looked a little like Hikari but not enough to tell they were siblings. Behind him another tall boy with the same hair and looks, but more of an innocent face with a shorter boy that joked around and was playing tricks on the other boys.

‘Onii-chan go upstairs, you’ve got friends over too. So leave us we’re going to go up to my room so you don’t have to take their order…’ she paused and walked towards him. She said quietly, ‘or their phone numbers.’

‘Have some respect for your onii-san.’ He said with a bigger smile. ‘Yo, I’m Yuya! I’m 17 and single… if you’re interested.’ Looking over at Midori and cheekily smiling at her.

Midori smiled back at him.

‘And these are my friends…’ He put his arm around the first boy. ‘Yabu Kota, he’s also 17’ and put his thumbs up. ‘And this joker is Yaotome Hikaru and he too is 17’ they both smiled.

Midori was still staring at him and smiling almost in a daze she got hit by Hikari, ‘My brother is a big player!’ pulling her away and towards the stairs.

Reassuringly Midori responded. ‘Don’t worry I know, plus he wouldn’t be interested in younger girls. He probably has lots of 3rdyear girls after him.

Hikari smiled. ‘Yeah I guess, I just don’t want you getting hurt.’

Midori looked at her with a big smile and said. ‘No chance! I know dreams from reality’

The group followed Midori up to her room. It was quite big and colourful. Her room truly reflected herself, they sat on the floor around the tables and took their books out.

‘Okay Hikari can you help me in English please…’ Daiki asked sweetly leaning his head to a side.

Too which Chinen hit him for getting to close to Hikari, and put his arm around her. ‘Dai-chan know your limits.’

‘Ahh~ sorry Chinen, but seriously English? We have a practise test next week!’ He said worried.

Mizuki rose her head up. ‘I can help?’ She offered.

‘Are you any good?’ he replied.

‘Of course I am, my mother is English you see.’ She smiled.

Everyone’s jaws dropped. ‘You never told us that!’ Hikari said.

‘Well, we only met today?’ Mizuki giggled.

They laughed together, Mizuki felt happy she made good friends. But when she smiled she thought of Yamada Ryosuke, and wondered what he is really like, how he smiled and laughed. She looked out the window and became lost in thought. But still she was truly happy being with her friends.