Cultural Festival Pt 2

Boku wa Romeo! HSJ FanFic

Daiki and Chinen sat messing around in their own little world, joking and trying to help Daiki as much as he could Chinen decided to stay up with Daiki. So he pulled his phone out of his pocket and decided to tell Hikari that he wasn’t going to be able to spend the day with her after all, Chinen felt he had to be with his best friend as much as he could. He sent the text message quickly.

‘Text Message! Text Message!’ Hikari’s phone went off at the doors of the roof.

Daiki stood up and looked to see who was there. He saw Hikari’s face shocked, she didn’t check her phone she felt ashamed that she was spying on Chinen as it was but she heard everything.

‘Hikari’ Chinen stood up and ran towards her. ‘Shall we enjoy the festival afterall?’ Chinen looked behind to reveal Mizuki and Ryosuke who had come on Hikari’s request. ‘Oh, hey guys.’

Daiki’s head fell. ‘So you guys heard that right?’ He tried to say half smiling.

Mizuki ran up the stairs pulling Ryosuke up behind her. ‘Are you serious Daiki?’ She tightened her grip on Ryosuke’s hand hinting he should say something also.

‘Is that why Abbi doesn’t attend school anymore?’ Ryosuke looked at him.

‘Yes, well I guess you know now… She’s gone back to England.’ Daiki looked up and spun around to look out over the school grounds. ‘She left the day after we all went to the amusement park’

‘Didn’t she say anything?’ Hikari finally shaking off her shock said quietly. ‘That’s so unfair.’

‘This is why I didn’t want people to find out… I don’t want you hating her… she thinks she’s doing the right thing for me.’ Daiki said sadly still avoiding all eye contact.

‘Why don’t you find her?’ Ryosuke said stupidly.

‘Don’t be silly that means going to England… all I know is that she lived in a place called Plymouth? Plus how could I afford to go there?’ Daiki laughed.

‘So what, you’re just going to let her go?’ Hikari walked forward to him. ‘You just said that you love her?’

‘But she’s already gone, there’s nothing to do.’ Daiki couldn’t help himself anymore and walked towards the doorway to the stairs. ‘Shall we enjoy the festival while we can?’

Chinen grabbed Hikari’s hand and pulled her towards the door, Ryosuke and Mizuki followed behind still not too happy with Daiki’s mind-set.

They reached the classroom where everybody waited for them.

‘Daiki! Are you going to enjoy the rest of the festival with us?’ Midori stepped forward and grabbed his arm. ‘Come on!’

‘Sure!’ Daiki’s bright smile appeared out of nowhere but Chinen, Hikari, Mizuki and Ryosuke knew that he was feeling all that good about himself still. ‘What shall we visit first?’ Daiki said looking back at everyone.

‘I heard Class A has prepared something quite goo-’ Hikari was cut off by the site of Yuya walking slowly up the corridor. ‘Yuya! Where have you been?’ She ran and hugged him.

‘You know I was at our Aunts?’ Yuya laughed and looked at Midori who was still hooked armed with Daiki. ‘Is everything okay here?’

Daiki quickly pulled away and said. ‘Well everything is average I suppose?’

‘Of course everything’s fine.’ Hikari added moving back and holding Chinen’s hand. ‘How was aunt?’

‘She’s fine… always at work so I got a lot of time to myself.’ He said still glancing at Midori, who still didn’t have the slightest resemblance for him. ‘So shall we enjoy the festival together?’

‘Yes of course!!!’ They all shouted.