Midori's Misfortune

Boku wa Romeo! HSJ FanFic

It was the next day in school. Daiki was sat at his desk looking at Abbi’s, but she was gone… he hated the fact that he couldn’t stop her, he hated himself for letting her go. But no one else knew what was going on. All they saw was Abbi leave in tears and Daiki stand in shock.

‘So what happen?’ Hikari said putting her hand on Daiki’s shoulder.

‘She’s gone,’ He looked up at her. ‘Back to England, turns out she’s needed there.’

Everyone in the class looked over shocked even Junno-sensei he hadn’t heard the news yet.

‘She’s gone for good?’ Chinen said realising his best friend was hurt.

‘Maybe… though she said that she’ll always love me, I don’t think she’s coming back.’ Daiki looked down at her desk and saw her graffiti.

‘Abbi [heart] Daiki’

A tear hit his desk as he tried to smile. ‘Everything will be fine she left for a reason… and I can’t help but still love her.’

With all this going on Midori had other things on her mind, like the new intensive Yuya she saw on the Ferris wheel yesterday, the Yuya she always saw was kind and gentle at all times. But she couldn’t help but want to know more about Yuya, what else he is, who else he is… and she knew that after school that day she was going to see another side of him.

As the class left for break Midori stayed at in the classroom. The only one to notice was Mizuki.

‘Are you okay Midori?’ Mizuki sat down beside her.

‘Yeah, sorry I’ve been spacing out a lot today.’ She replied still thinking about Yuya’s serious expression. ‘How’s you and Ryosuke since yesterday? Progress…’

‘There’s a little.’ Mizuki was always embarrassed when it came to talking about her and Ryosuke, her own parents don’t know that they’re together yet, but when talking to Midori she could truly talk to her. ‘We sort of… kissed on the Ferris wheel.’

‘Ah.’ Midori lost thought of Yuya and was so happy for Mizuki. ‘God… who didn’t get up to stuff of the Ferris wheel.’

‘What do you mean Midori?’ Mizuki was intrigued her head had been filled with thoughts of his kissed since it happened, she hadn’t noticed much more.

‘Well, here’s the gossip… Kei and Yabu kissed for the first time too.’

‘Kawaii!’ Mizuki felt happy for them as she knew Kei was feeling a bit unsure again.

‘Obviously Daiki and Abbi’s incident, but because he won’t reveal nothing I don’t know nothing… Then there’s Hikari and Chinen… well they were sat on the floor intimately for the whole time… I was shocked and I don’t know what happened but I saw whilst Yuya was talking.’

‘What could they have been doing on the floor?’ Mizuki was curious.

‘Well Hikari is scared of heights so she sits so she can’t see down.’ Midori explained.

‘There was a lot going on, on that Ferris wheel,’

‘Yeah there was,’ Midori giggled and got up. ‘Want to go eat something?’

‘Sure’ Mizuki got up and followed her out of the classroom.

Elsewhere Yuya left school early and went to Midori’s apartment to set things up for tonight. They couldn’t use Yuya’s house because of his family but Midori lived alone since the 2ndyear started. He started to prepare some rose petals for the bed and then a trail from the door. He brought candles which he wanted to light later on. And even made sure he wore un-embarrassing underwear! Yuya sat on the bed waiting for the clock on her wall to move. He looked at his watch to see if that was going any faster, Yuya was getting to anxious he went to grab his phone from his bag but he forgot it in school. He didn’t have enough time to go back to school and then pick up Midori so instead he decided to walk really slow and stop off to buy Midori and gift on the way. He saw a small jewellery stall on the side of the road and looked to see if anything would suit Midori. He then saw small signet rings, they were engraved with ‘I love you’ in English and looked perfect. Without hesitation he brought them and put the box in his jacket pocket. He had gotten to the roundabout near Midori’s school as he went to cross, an ambulance almost knocked him down, bringing his head down from the clouds, he brushed himself off and crossed over safely. Getting closer to the school he had his rose ready and the rings safe he stood at the gates, and didn’t notice the commotion just inside the doors.

He stood waiting knowing he was early he leant against the wall looking up to the sky, it was a great day. He held the rose to his chest and breathed in the air.

‘Yuya-kun! Yuya-kun!’ Mizuki ran towards him with Ryosuke.

‘Oh, hey Mizuki-chan, where’s Midori?’ Yuya said with a big smile on his face looking behind her, his eyes searching for Midori.

‘Yuya-kun we need to get to the hospital, now!’ They pulled him away and he dropped the rose to the floor.