That night

Boku wa Romeo! HSJ FanFic

‘Don’t worry nothing is going to hurt you.’ A familiar voice spoke.

Mizuki relaxed even being in that situation. The voice calmed her and made her feel safe. She grabbed the arms that hugged her tightly and made a sigh of relief.

‘I didn’t mean to scare you, why are you out here so late Mizuki?’ He said curiously. ‘A date maybe?’

‘No… no date.’ She quickly replied.

He turned her around to face him but covered her eyes.

‘What are you doing?’ Mizuki suddenly freaked out. ‘Why are you covering my eyes? Who are you?’

‘If you know you might not be happy with whom you see.’

‘What are you talking about I obviously know you else I wouldn’t have felt save when you hugged me?’ She bit back at him.

‘Can’t we stay like this and talk for a bit.’ He said.

‘What are you planning to do with me like this? me?’ Mizuki started to fidget.

‘Trust your instincts do you honestly think I’m going to do anything?’

Although Mizuki knew he was right she still protested. ‘But you did just hug me! And now you’re hiding’

The boy grabbed her hand but kept his other hand over her eyes. He quickly spun her around and held her like before.

Mizuki didn’t try turning around. She felt safe so she gave into him. ‘Fine, you want to stay like this?’ she felt his smile next to her neck. She flinched. But still stayed with him.

‘I’m really happy you trust me Mizuki.’

‘So can I see you now?’ She enquired moving her head slowly.

‘No’ he replied and grabbed her chin pointing it forward. ‘I want to talk to you, shall we sit?’

‘How is that even possible in this position?’ She said laughing.

He laughed to. ‘I like your laugh Mizuki.’ Then he pulled something out of his left pocket.

Mizuki felt him moving she thought he was going to let her see his face but unfortunately he held up a handkerchief up to the side of her face.

‘Only if you don’t mind, only until we stop talking then I’ll let you see who I am’ He said sincerely.

‘Okay.’ She agreed right away.

He tied is carefully and not too tight either. Mizuki felt he was a gentle person. He sat her down on the floor and sat in front of her.

‘What do you want to talk about then’ Mizuki said leaning forward.

‘Maybe I can just look at you for a while.’ He said.

‘You know this situation already looks like your either kidnapping me or trying some sort of game?’

He laughed. ‘ game?’ He laughed more. ‘Is that seriously what you’re thinking?’

‘Not me what other people would think.’

‘Well I think they will see a guy just trying to get close to someone without having them to see his face’ He looked down.

‘Why do you sound sad all of a sudden?’ She moved her head around. ‘I’m not shallow if that’s what you think?’

‘I know you’re not shallow, but don’t worry I’m really handsome’ He laughed. ‘I just can’t easily show this side of me to people so I’m trying a new method.’

‘New method?’ She laughed. ‘ game?’

He laughed with her then leant forward and touched her cheek. His palm was warm on Mizuki’s face she smiled at him.

‘Don’t worry, I think this side of you, though it’s the only side I’ve seen, is really beautiful.’ She said still smiling; she put her hand on his and said, ‘I can’t see the time. Can you tell me?’

‘Aigoo… I was totally prepared for a love confession then and all you wanted was the time.’ He took his hand away lifted his jacket up and said, ‘it’s almost 9, why bedtime is it?’ he said sarcastically.

‘Wait I know that cocky tone!’ She smiled and lifted her hand to pull up the handkerchief, ‘Ryo…’ But no one was there when Mizuki lifted the handkerchief. She looked around and got up and ran out of the park. She couldn’t see anything down the street, she walked back into the park but realised she will be late if she doesn’t hurry. She took one last look around but nothing was visible. She grabbed her back from the floor and ran home quickly.

That night she had the same image in her head over and over, him hugging her tightly, she smiled though she couldn’t think why he would run away from her. She lay in bed and looked up at the stars outside of her window.

He stood outside the boy who ran away, staring up at her window, wondering if she was dreaming of him. He turned around and walked into the house that faced hers, stopping at the gates and wishing her goodnight.