Unexpected Feelings

Boku wa Romeo! HSJ FanFic

Mizuki looked up at the only face she’s been dreaming about, Ryosuke’s.

‘Don’t you care that you’re going to be late, and now I’m going to be late.’ He said arrogantly.

‘I need to talk to him.’ She said frantically trying to pull away from his grip.

‘Who do you need to talk to? That kid that just ran away yeah I warned him too that he was going to be late!’ He pushed her against a wall still tightly holding her wrist.

‘What does it matter to you? I need to ask him something important!’ She said still fidgeting and fussing.

Ryosuke got closer to her face. He dropped his bag and felt her hair with his other hand. ‘What is it that you need to ask him, I wouldn’t be a good classmate if I let you skip class would I? Give me a valid reason Mizuki.’ He got even closer.

Mizuki tried to look away but once more mesmerised by his eyes. ‘I need to ask Keito Okamoto…’ She paused and finally looked away. ‘Why he’s following me.’

Ryosuke stared at her intensely, still moving toward her.

‘Is that a good enough reason for you Ryosuke-kun, anyway when did we get so familiar that you can call me Mizuki? I barely know you.’ She suddenly became in high spirits.

He let go of her wrist gently and backed away. ‘You didn’t mind before…’ He had a sad expression on his face.

Mizuki walked forward to him. ‘What do you mean… before?’ She got closer.

‘It doesn’t matter.’ He suddenly insisted his arrogant tone disappeared, and became a nice calm trustworthy voice that was familiar from somewhere.

Mizuki got even closer now drawn in by his soothing voice. ‘Your voice… it’s really nice like that. Why do you always put that arrogant tone with it?’

‘What do you mean?’ Ryosuke’s arrogant tone slowly came back.

‘Wait! Don’t… talk like you just did, it’s somewhat familiar.’ She backed him up against the wall.

Ryosuke suddenly felt insecure, his wall had been broken through that easily. He leant forwards to her slowly and closed his eyes.

Caught up in the moment Mizuki stayed still. ‘He’s going to kiss me’ she thought to herself, then closed her eyes.

Then realising what he was doing he grabbed the back of her neck and hugged her instead. ‘I’m sorry… I don’t know what I’m doing. I must not be feeling to well.’

Mizuki clenched the back of his blazer tightly. ‘Stop it! That’s a stupid excuse!’ She said with her head next to his chest.

‘What are you doing?’

‘Hikari –chan…’ Mizuki moved away from Ryosuke.

‘Mizuki… you have him up against the wall… that not very dignified.’ Eri said as she came round the corner. ‘You were meant to be chasing after Keito-kun?’

‘I was but Ryosuke stopped me… and told me I was going to be late and in trouble…’ She looked up at Ryosuke. ‘He then reminded me of what a slow runner I am and that I wouldn’t catch him so it was pointless to go and get in trouble.’

‘Yeah, I did.’ He began to walk away.

‘Wait, that doesn’t excuse you 2 hugging out of nowhere?’ Hikari said stepping forward.

‘There was a bang…’ Mizuki improvised. ‘It scared me so I jump onto him… didn’t you guys hear it? It was really… loud.’

‘Right…’ Eri responded.

‘Maybe we should get back to class Mizuki-chan?’ Hikari grabbed Mizuki’s arm and pulled her away.

Ryosuke stood looking as them as they walked away, ‘it’ll be troublesome if I follow them and we show up together…’ He said quietly. ‘Well, the roof it is.’ He went in the completely opposite direction to the stairs and didn’t stop until he got to the roof, where he laid starring at the sky.

Back at the classroom Midori questioned what was going on. ‘So you didn’t catch up with Keito-kun?’ She looked at her book and found his page. ‘Let’s see, athletic, smart and oh he can speak to English as he studied there up until he was 10?’

‘Wow really? No wonder why he’s interested in you Mizuki, maybe he found out your mum was English and thought you could communicate in a way he can’t with a lot of people?’ Eri said with her head on her hand.

‘But how would he know about my mum?’

‘Well, maybe he saw you out together shopping? Or something, and then sort of checked out your background by following you and looking.’ Hikari answered.

‘Maybe…’ Mizuki looked at the empty seat behind her. ‘What’s taking him so long?’ She thought to herself.

Chinen still in high spirits came over to Hikari smiled cutely and then sat at his desk.

‘Chinen, your extremely happy aren’t you?’ Midori looked up and down at him giggling.

All he could do was smile. Midori and Eri exchanged looks and knew they could take advantage of this moment, ‘all this fuss for a kiss.’ Midori started.

‘Imagine if you have .’ Eri finished.

‘What are you talking about?’ Chinen got nervous all of a sudden. His eyes shifted all over.

Hikari looked at him. ‘I’m sure when that time comes it’ll be very natural’ she answered calmly. ‘Now stop corrupting his mind Midori-chan and you too Eri-chan!’