Daiki's 'One in a Million' Confession

Boku wa Romeo! HSJ FanFic

That day, at the lunch break Daiki bravely made his way to the roof. Everyone now knew of the reason why, Chinen grabbed Daiki’s arm on the way up the stairs.

‘Good luck Dai-chan, all you have to do is show her you feelings right.’ Chinen smiled and walked down the stairs to an anxious Hikari and put his thumbs up to him before holding Hikari’s hand. They both looked up to him and smiled.

Daiki turned back to walk up the stairs, ‘you can do it, you can do it, you can do it’ was repeating in his head. Every step seemed to take forever for him but he kept walking. He got the too roof door staring down at his feet, he said. ‘You can do it’ he lifted his head and reached out for the handle. The door opened and he peeked through. ‘Abbi-chan?’ he looked around the roof. Slowly moving out of the doorway he the spot looking for her. But no one was there. ‘I must be early’ he said quietly. So he walked over the old desks and chairs and took a seat. Looking at his watch every minute he wondered when Abbi was coming. After 10 minutes Daiki thought he had been stood up.

‘Abbi… What are you doing down here?’ A voice came from below.

Daiki moved over the edge of the building.

‘Huh? What are we not allowed here at lunch break?’ Abbi replied confused.

Hikari got closer to her. ‘Are you stupid? You said you’d meet Daiki on the roof?’ She began to get irritated.

Abbi was speechless. Stood staring at the ground she jolted towards the school.

‘Wait!!’ A voice from above shouted.

Abbi looked up. ‘Dai-chan…’ She moved back so she could see him better.

‘Abbi-chan!’ he panted. ‘I like you! Please go out with me!’

The whole field stood still and looked up towards the courageous boy confessing publicly. Abbi smiled and ran inside.

Daiki couldn’t see Abbi smiled 4 floors up, he thought she was embarrassed and rejected him. He walked towards through the door and made his way down the steps.  ‘I shouldn’t have confessed like!’ he told himself. He made his way down the last flight of steps to the 2ndfloor. When he looked up there stood an out of breath Abbi. ‘Abbi-chan…’

She walked forwards. ‘I was just coming to see you… Dai-chan.’ She leant forward and held her side. ‘I wanted to answer…’

‘You don’t have to… I realised I embarrassed you.’ He interrupted as a crowed formed at a distance. ‘I do stupid things without thinking…’ He said and went to walk away.

Abbi flew towards him and clenched his jacket. ‘It wasn’t stupid…’ She looked up at him. ‘It was the best confession anyone could ever give me. You’re one in a million, Dai-chan.’

‘One in… a million’ he repeated.

I like you too!’ She replied in English. ‘I like you so much!’

He grabbed her and hugged her close. Everyone looked at them happy that it didn’t go completely wrong.

‘Break it up! Or else detention for both of you, you know it’s not on school grounds and…’ Junno-sensei stopped. ‘You 2… Seriously… Now I’m even more depressed then before!’ Junno-sensei walked away with his head down leaving them together.