Yuya and Midori

Boku wa Romeo! HSJ FanFic

Coming into consciousness, Midori gazed around the room she kept her head still and looked down at her hand. She saw a boy clenching her hand and his head next to it on the bed, he was sleeping peacefully.

‘She’s come through.’ A faint voice said in the distance.

A nurse and doctor came into the room holding a clipboard and folder. ‘Hello, I’m Nakamaru Yuichi, your doctor, you suffered some head injuries. Can you tell me your name and age?’

‘Matsumoto Midori.’ Her shaken voice became stronger. ‘I’m 16. What happened?’

‘Ahh good your long term memory is good…’ Nakamaru-sensei pulled over a chair and sat the opposite side to the sleeping Yuya. He flicked him in the head to wake him up. ‘Takaki-san, Midori-san is awake.’

Yuya groaned and looked up at the now completely aware Midori trying to prise her hand away from his grip. ‘Midori… you’re okay… I’m so happy.’ He let go of her hand and stood up in high spirits. ‘I’ll ring Hikari.’ He looked at Nakamaru-sensei and smiled walking towards the door.

‘Who is he?’ Midori sat up a little and looked at Yuya.

Yuya stopped at the door turned and looked back at her. ‘Midori…’ Yuya froze in shock.

‘Midori-san, don’t you know who that is?’ Nakamaru-sensei widened his eyes looking at her.

‘No, why is he here.’ Midori started to panic. ‘Why is he here? I don’t know him,’ she clenched her head. ‘My head!’ Midori leant forward in pain.

Nakamaru-sensei grabbed her to lay her back down. Without thought she hugged him tightly.

Yuya fell to the floor and held his chest, ‘Midori.’ He said quietly. ‘Why…’

The nurse picked Yuya back up and took him outside the ward. ‘Maybe you should ring her family… she’s probably suffering from short-term memory loss. Most patients recover their memories back.’ She tried to look reassuring.

 ‘Yes I’ll ring Hikari and tell her to contact Midori’s parents.’ Yuya pulled his phone out of his pocket and looked at the small cheap ring on his third finger on his left hand. A tear streamed down his cheek, he flipped the phone up and search for Hikari’s number. The phone rang.

‘Hello…’ Hikari answered with a worried voice. ‘Is she okay? Has she woken up?’

Yuya looked at the nurse who started to walk away. ‘I must be strong’ he muttered to himself.

‘What? I can’t hear you?’ Hikari panicked.

Yuya composed himself a little. ‘She’s woken up, she doesn’t remember what happened but apart from that everything looks okay, ring her parents for me quickly their train should arrive soon.’

‘Ahh… that’s so good. I’ll ring them straight away.’ She hung up and left Yuya stood looking into space. He fell to his knees and looked down the corridor to the room Midori was in, he leant back against the wall and held his head in his hands.