Planning the Cultural Festival

Boku wa Romeo! HSJ FanFic

A few weeks after the accident, Midori was back in school and happy as usual. Everything seemed to be normal, but Hikari saw different. There was no sign of Yuya, since he went to stay with their aunt and uncle in Osaka the day after Midori was discharged. And Midori seemed to have no memory of Yuya being her boyfriend. Hikari didn’t want to bring too much stress on Midori so she was holding back her curious tongue.

‘Okay so what shall we do for our schools cultural festival next week?’ Junno started to pace the front of the classroom thinking for ideas. ‘Anyone got a thought... wait I got it; Host Club!’

‘Stop with your stupid suggestions.’ Eri laughed at him.

‘Something for couples then… as there’s so many going around.’ Junno said bitterly.

Daiki stood up. ‘Nothing to do with love!’ Daiki was still upset thinking about Abbi. Nobody really knew what was going on between Daiki and Abbi.

‘Daiki what exactly happened with you and…’ Midori was cut off.

‘Just don’t okay.’ He sat back down and stared into space feeling sorry for himself.

 ‘What about a play!’ Junno carried on his own world, as he always does. He looked at the class deep in thought.

‘No good only thing I can think of is Romeo and Juliet, and Daiki doesn’t want that’ Hikari looked up at the ceiling. ‘We need to win this year… Class A whipped our last time.’ She got up and started pacing. ‘Something original… something bold…’

‘So that’s a no to the maid café?’ Junno looked at her from the chalkboard and then diverted his eyes as he knew he was wrong.

‘What about a truly cultural experience…?’ Hikari looked at the class. The class smiled, they knew that if anyone had a good idea it would be Hikari.

The class dispersed after Hikari, and left Daiki and Chinen sat in their seats.

‘Hikari will want you Chinen.’ Daiki said still staring towards nothing.

‘Well.’ Chinen stood up and leaned against his desk facing Daiki. ‘I need to know what’s happening with my best friend.’

Daiki looked at him. ‘Chinen…’ He felt happy that Chinen truly cared about his problem.

‘So what exactly happened? Is she ill? Gone back to England… Moved to another school… did you guys have an argument?’ He stopped after running out of ideas.

‘Eng… England.’ Daiki looked out the window. ‘She went home.’

‘What for a holiday… to visit family?’

‘Forever… and I’ll probably never see her again.’ Daiki tried to compose himself as he knew he was welling up.

Chinen put his hand on his shoulder. ‘Don’t say forever… if you truly love her… you’ll see each other again’ He smiled looking down on Daiki who’s eyes where fixed on the seat Abbi used to sit in. He patted him and then moved towards the door.

‘Chinen.’ Daiki stood up. ‘I need help…’

Chinen turned around. ‘What… what’s wrong… you’re not like… suicidal right?’

Daiki looked at him dumbfounded. ‘No…’ He said slowly walking towards him. ‘I… I’m going to be a dad…’

Chinen’s eyes widened with shock. ‘You what?!’

‘Don’t say anything to anyone please…’

‘Okay… but is that why Abbi left? Did she find out you have a mistress?’

Daiki hit Chinen over the head. ‘I don’t have a mistress… moron… Abbi is…’

‘Oh’ Chinen said still looking a little confused.

‘Please don’t say anything I don’t want anyone to think bad of Abbi… If anyone asks just say we had an argument and broke up… they probably guessed that much.’

‘Right, promise… I won’t tell anyone.’ Chinen smiled and they left the classroom for break.

Daiki felt a bit of the pain fade away after telling Chinen what truly happened.