Cultural Festival Pt 1

Boku wa Romeo! HSJ FanFic

Not long and the day of the cultural festival arrived. Everyone was in high spirits the 2-B classroom was decorated to Hikari’s instruction. Everyone got ready at their posts, Chinen put the sign outside to officially open their ‘shop’.

‘‘Worldwide Culture

Pictures 300yen.’’

The class was fully prepared with traditional costumes from many countries, with many sceneries painted also. Everyone seemed happy… Daiki had been up on the roof through all the preparations, and it’d seemed he was going to remain there through the festival. Midori was the same as always, joking around and giggling with Eri. Kita’s boyfriend Koki had shown up to help out, followed in by Yabu.

‘The gays’ Koki realised what he said and ducked his head from Kita.

‘You know exactly what you’ve done MERONG~’ Kita chased Koki down and kicked him in the back quite hard. ‘Ouch…’ Kita grabbed her foot. ‘If your stiff back broke my toe!’ She stopped and pointed her finger at him. ‘You’re dead.’

‘I’m sorry Kita.’ Koki never acted this weak or useless unless Kita was around, she totally controlled his every move, but Koki didn’t seem to mind.

‘Anyway… The room looks amazing… did you help paint the scenery, Kei?’ Yabu asked walking towards him.

‘Yes… I painted China, India, Buckingham Palace and The White House.’ Kei said blushing slightly.

‘Of course, they are amazing!’ Yabu said buffing Kei’s ego a little.

‘Which do you like the best Yabu-kun?’ Kei said nervously showing him the others too.

‘You know how much I love England, so Buckingham Palace!’ Yabu smiled and grabbed Kei’s hand.

‘Why don’t you two dress up in the outfits for England?’ Midori said walking forward with her camera. ‘I’ll take the picture!’ She smiled holding the camera up to her face.

‘Umm I don’t know if Yabu-kun wants too…’ Kei looked up at Yabu who seemed excited at the thought.

‘Lets go!!’ Yabu grabbed the outfits threw one at Kei and pushed him behind one curtain and changed behind the other.

Hikari was at the classroom door helping people in one at a time. Chinen showed the customers the outfits and sceneries with Ryosuke and the girls were ready to take the pictures. They were on the first shift and knew by lunch they could go and enjoy the rest of the cultural festival.

Yabu and Kei both came out of the curtains smiling at themselves. With red military jackets black trousers and a long black fluffy hat that Yabu’s almost hit the ceiling. They stood in front of the scenery and smiled making a peace sign in one hand and holding each other’s other hand. Midori snapped the pictures and gave them for free. They both smiled and looked at the identical pictures.

Chinen couldn’t stop thinking about Daiki, and what he told him. He wanted to tell people but knew he couldn’t disobey Daiki’s request. Hikari also knew Chinen had something on his mind, she had been bugging him about it for a while now… Chinen usually tells her everything Hikari felt he was deliberately hiding something from her. She hates secrets the most, and since Yuya was still in Osaka there was no one to vex to.

Lots of students and teachers came to get their pictures taken, Ueda showed up just before they finished their shift. He took a picture with Eri; they dressed up for France in beres and stripped t-shirts. The other 2-B students started showing up one by one ready to take over the photo taking.

Chinen felt relieved and quickly rushed towards the door.

‘Chinen wait for me, we’ll go round with everyone.’ Hikari said with a bright smile.

‘Sorry Hikari, I’ll meet you in a bit I have to see someone quickly…’ Chinen didn’t look her in the eyes as he knew he would end up telling her everything. He quickly rushed off out the doors and in a matter of seconds he left Hikari’s sight.

‘What was all that about?’ Eri said pulling away from Ueda’s embrace to comfort her friend.

‘I don’t know…’ Hikari said boldly. She turned to face everyone. ‘Shall we go on without him?’ She smiled though a tear fell down her cheek. She wiped it away slowly. ‘What is wrong with me… I’m crying for such a stupid reason…’ She couldn’t bring herself to believe that her Chinen would cheat on her… but every second her thoughts and beliefs grew stronger.

‘Hikari, tell Chinen what you think and feel. Ask him what’s going on’ Mizuki walked towards her and used her sleeve to wiped away Hikari’s tears. ‘If you don’t ever ask him, then you’ll never know’

Hikari looked up at her and knew that she was right.

Meanwhile Chinen reached the roof. No one was there so he called out ‘Daiki’

‘What’s up.’ Daiki sat up from behind a vent.

‘Ahh I knew you’d be here… you’re missing all the fun.’

‘Nahh, I’m enjoying it from right here… I can hear laughter and arguments of couples too.’ Daiki looked up to the clear sky. ‘How can the sky be so clear on a day with so many problems’

‘You know… that kind of sounded deep..’ Chinen walked over and sat next to him. ‘Don’t try and be smart’ He poked his tongue out messing around. ‘So what you going to do about Abbi?’

‘Well she’s left. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do?’

‘You can’t contact her?’ Chinen looked down at Daiki’s phone that he had in his hand.

‘She doesn’t have that number anymore… it’s been disconnected.’ Daiki dropped the phone from his grasp. ‘You know I really thought I was lucky when I met Abbi, I finally found someone I thought I could love for the rest of my life.’

‘But she left…’

‘I don’t know if I can be a dad… is it bad that I’m considering it was a good idea that she’s gone?’ Daiki started to well up a little. ‘I love her with all my heart and that baby… I love it too. But can I really be a dad? What could I really do for a baby?’

‘Daiki, what you’re doing is enough. You said you love that baby right?’ Chinen looked at him seriously.

‘Of course, I love that baby more than anything… it’s a part of me that can never be removed.’ Daiki was fighting his tears. ‘I do love it.’

‘Then that is enough.’ Chinen smiled. ‘And when you’re ready you can find it and tell them just what they mean to you. But for right now, just try and think why Abbi left you. So you can do your best in life, and not throw it away because of a mistake.’

Daiki knew what Chinen was saying was right and knew he had to return to the Daiki that Abbi fell in love with for her sake.