Neighbours

Boku wa Romeo! HSJ FanFic

Mizuki had completed her first week at Sakura High School. She was walking home with the class twins, Kita & Kei Inoo, who lived in her street. They didn’t look or act much alike, Kei was very quiet and composed whereas Kita was outspoken and loud, but their hobbies were similar, they both were prestigious art students and got good grades. Mizuki was now walking home with them every day, and enjoyed it.

‘So what are you going to do over the weekend Mizuki?’ Kei asked quietly.

‘Probably nothing, it is still only my second week here in Tokyo. Maybe go shopping with mum’ Mizuki replied.

‘We don’t often shop with dad, since mum left we’ve shopped for him since he works till late.’ Kita said boldly.

‘Will you be adding anything new to your manga Kei?’ Mizuki enquired.

‘H… How do you know I write manga?’ Kei replied shocked.

‘I saw you draw the characters and write some lines. Was it an adventure manga? Will you let me read it?’ She smiled.

‘Umm… maybe… when I’m finished.’ Kei said quietly once again.

‘See you later’ they said as they went down their front path.

Mizuki waved. She was happy Kei opened up to her a little bit. Walking along swinging her bag forwards and backwards she looked to the sky and smiled the sky was a lovely light blue with very few clouds. Still walking forwards as she looked down she bumped into someone. When she looked up, her heart started to beat faster.

‘Are you okay?’ Ryosuke said to her.

‘I’m fine. Sorry I should have been paying attention to where I was going,’

‘Do you live around here then? I haven’t seen you here before.’ He looked at her curiously.

‘Yes.’ Mizuki quickly replied and pointed towards her new cream coloured house. ‘There. I live there.’

‘Cool’ he replied almost uninterested.

‘Do you live around here then?’ She asked tilting her head slightly.

‘Yep, Right there.’ He pointed across the road from Mizuki’s house at a huge house, the biggest house on the street. ‘How could you not know I lived there.’ He looked coldly at her. ‘We leave the same time for school’

Mizuki tried to remember but the last week she had been so excited seeing everyone she didn’t pay any attention to anything. ‘Oh, sorry’ She replied after deep thought. ‘I didn’t realise.’

‘Apparently’ he said coldly once more. ‘See you Monday’

She watched him turn around. She felt like she upset him from not knowing he lived right opposite to her. ‘See you Monday!’ She yelled over happily.

Ryosuke kept walking without turning around. He smirked cutely, but kept walking to and through his front gate.

Mizuki watched him and become lost in thought again. He was only a little bit taller than her but he had a presence that made you feel very inferior. Mizuki smiled. ‘Wait! Why am I smiling?’ She shook it off and walked through her front gate and up to the door. Stopping just before touching the handle she looked around and thought to herself, ‘Maybe he’s not all that bad.’

The next day Mizuki woke up early after dreaming about Ryosuke all night. She looked out the window, ‘He’s probably still sleeping.’ She said quietly.

‘Mizuki hurry and get ready we are going to take a trip to the mall!’ Her mum yelled from behind the bedroom door.

‘Okay mum!’ she yelled back. Jumping out of bed and up to her wardrobe she got dressed quickly and ran to the bathroom, cleaned her teeth, washed her face, brushed her long hair and tied it back into a ponytail, leaving only her fringe down the side of her face. She widened her eyes looking at herself in the mirror. She thought of Ryosuke’s eyes and found herself walking back to her room and leaning on her windowsill looking out at the large house, smiling to herself.

‘Mizuki, come on we’re leaving’ her said entering her room.

She got up and turned quickly to face him. ‘Okay I’m ready’ she said flustered.

He smiled back at her.

They all walked outside and jokingly Mizuki was play fighting with her dad.

‘Honey sometimes I think you wanted a boy’ her mum said laughing.

‘She is my boy!’ He said excitedly holding Mizuki in a headlock.

‘Oh…’ Her mother stopped. ‘Good morning Yamada-san.’ She smiled over to a tall beautiful women in a business suit.

‘Good morning!’ She walked over. ‘Off out are we. Wow, aren’t you cute.’ She looked at Mizuki.

‘I’m Mizuki.’ She replied fast.

‘Yes your mother has said lots about you. You’re at Ryosuke’s school, ne? If he’s being a pain let me know. He can be too cool for his own good sometimes.’

‘No, not at all.’ Mizuki smiled to herself again thinking about Ryosuke’s eyes.

His mother noticed Mizuki’s facial expression and smiled also. ‘Well enjoy your outing I must leave for work or else I won’t hear the end of it from my husband.’ She looked over at the car and nodded. ‘See you later Mizuki-chan.’

‘Bye’ Mizuki said back to her.