48

The Love of the Devil, Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There’s only one option: kill her and accept your fate.”

Luhan woke up and sat up on his bed. His head was in pain but he was thankful he woke up from that horrible nightmare. He can never imagine another figure—in which, by the way, looks exactly like him—plan something as horrible as killing the girl she loves.

*Jihyun!* He opened his eyes wider, only to be surprised to see where he actually is. He was seated on a bed which is one level larger than the one he shares with Jihyun, covered with red velvety bed covers. At one corner of the room was a small chimney that fits the Victorian themed of the room. *, I’m not in earth, am I?* He asked himself, upon realizing that everything was true. That what he saw a while ago wasn’t just a mere dream.

He has seen a clone of him.

Jihyun was hung in one of the dungeons.

He quickly got off from the bed, only to feel all dizzy and in the end, he crashed onto the floor.

“Hello, hello, my son.”  Luhan quickly shot his head up to see his clone standing proudly in front of him. But that figure didn’t last long because his clone turned himself to its original form, original face: a demon. “I’m not your son!”

“Nu-uh.” His father smirked and snapped his fingers. Now, he was seated on a floor and when he looked up, he saw that one girl who could make his heart drop. She was still the same just how he had seen him earlier, only now, she’s more tired-looking. “Your Princess is waiting for you. What will you do?”

Luhan glared at the man and tried to stand up but he can’t. He was stuck on the floor. He can’t move. “Let me go…” He croaked. His throat was now dry. He didn’t cry, he didn’t yell much either but why was his throat dry? Why was Jihyun’s image makes his throat dry as if he has no rights to talk?

“What—what do you want?”

“Simple. Accept me and be our King.”

And be the king, he did.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wandered off the dungeon upon hearing the news from Kris and Suho about Jihyun’s situation. He was wandering off with Tao, Sehun and Chanyeol, looking for the dungeon Jihyun was located—which is, by the way, in the very, very dark part of the demon’s castle. They have passed by many souls and demons as well that—as the King had said—committed crimes.

Crimes that if you went to earth will be considered as good deeds.

Chanyeol shuddered at the faces of the demons and souls trapped in their own cages. He can’t look at them. He has no courage to look at the pitiful beings trapped in there. It just pierces his heart and it gives him the guts to just step back to Heaven and command his peers to attack Hell, but he knew better. Chanyeol knew better than to step for the fight to happen. It won’t only damage Heaven and Hell but earth—where many people might have to sacrifice, or as of now, are sacrificing in the hands of demons—as well.

“We’re—Jihyun…”

“N-Noona…” The boys cringed at the sight of the pitiful angel hung on the wall and when Chanyeol looked up to see what made the boys stop their sentences midway, all he wanted was to breakdown.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter