46

The Love of the Devil, Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your majesty, Prince Yifan is outside. Should I let him in?” One demon soldier asked the King and the King smirked before nodding to the soldier. Soon the grand door opened up and there was Kris, entering. He had this poker face on as he bowed to the King. The King, however, stood up from his throne and walked slowly to where Kris stands. When he was finally in front of Kris, he stopped and just as he stopped, his palm landed on Kris’ cheek. He slapped him…again. “How stupid can you get Yifan?”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t—“

“You let Luhan go with that angel! He was our redeemer from the angels. He’s the one who could conquer the world but you didn’t keep an eye on him!” The King shouted and with a wave of a hand, Kris was thrown to the door. “Leave.”

Kris hissed in pain and with pain on his stomach, he stood up and left the room with him, limping.

He has nowhere to go at the moment. The King didn’t want to see him—well, it was always like that so what was new. And so, he went back to his room and sat on his bed. Once again, he was all alone. He was all by himself, like always.

But if you guys are thinking that he likes being alone like some other demon, then no. It wasn’t the case for him. In fact, it was the complete opposite. He wanted to have friends. He needed someone he could lean on. He needed someone that can understand him and what he’s doing. He needed someone who can bravely tell him to stop.

Stop being cold.

Stop being a brat.

Stop acting all so mature and just enjoy your youth.

Stop working so hard.

He needed someone to comfort him.

And he first saw it with Suho. He saw it with the demons—his own pack. He saw it with the angels. He saw it with Luhan. He saw it with Jihyun.

But he knew he can’t be friends with them.

He can’t be friends with Suho and the other five angels because like what was stated, they were angels. An enemy of his race and it is a number one unwritten rule that demons can never be friends with angels.

He can’t be friends with his own demon pack because he didn’t know if they are really to be trusted or not—though Tao and Sehun are really in a very very close relationship like him as if they are real brothers—and of course, he always deny that he trusts his own pack.

He can’t be friends with Jihyun because of her half-angel, half-human blood. He can’t, because she’s the one destined to kill his race, and maybe, him.

He can’t be friends with Luhan because of many things. He’s envious of everything this crowned Prince has. He’s envious of all the attention he has wherein Kris has always been at the side, being Luhan’s shadow. He has always been his brother’s shadow.

He hates it, really.

He hates how Luhan has been entitled as the crowned Prince.

He hates how their father is always in Luhan’s side.

He hates it how he didn’t grow up receiving their mother’s love.

He hates it how his supposed father erased his mother’s memories of Kris.

He hates it how he should be the most mature one to lead Luhan in the goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter